shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red your PS family will be here for you through these things and will cheer you on. It's scary, but your bio family and virtual family need you in good health for many years to come!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take care @redwood66 . I rarely visit this thread, but I'm glad I did today. I will be sending good thoughts your way. I'm very pragmatic too. I would go with whatever was likely to yield the safest and best outcome. I believe someone else on PS has gone through this surgery, but she no longer posts.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red your PS family will be here for you through these things and will cheer you on. It's scary, but your bio family and virtual family need you in good health for many years to come!

What a lovely message Monnie!:saint:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a sweet thing to say and I have to tell you I love you for saying it. :kiss2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lyra are you thinking of Mariposa? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/prayers-and-good-vibes-requested.128289/ She hasn't posted since 2010, but at that point she was upgrading her setting or something and didn't mention her cancer. I hope she's doing well. Hers was an advanced stage and she was very young when she was diagnosed. I always wonder about her, if she's still around, reading here.
Oh my goodness this is so terribly heartbreaking. I have not read the whole thing yet. No, mine is nowhere near this kind of situation and my hopes go out to her if she is still with us.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, ok. I’m not familiar with GG’s particulars. I’m so glad to know she’s doing ok.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely read this thread but did this evening. Red I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. I too have gone through scary medical diagnosis’s. You are doing all the right things and making the best decisions for the best outcome. It sounds like you are in very qualified hands and once you get the surgery behind you it’s clear sailin’. (Frequent colonoscopys not withstanding.) You are an incredibly strong woman and I have no doubt you will handle this with grace and courage. I second monarch’s sentiment, you are loved and respected here and we are behind you with our collective support! You will be ok.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Bonfire for your support and caring. It is so appreciated. And yes frequent colonoscopies are in my future. I am so thankful to all of you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - lots and lots of dust headed your way! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red
Lots of DUST towards your way. Don't worry everything will be fine!. My sister had colon cancer surgery 17 yrs ago and she is healthy as a horse today.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading these threads is always educational, because no matter how long one has been on Pricescope, it seems that one does not "know everything". I have been here since 2003 and have seen many posters come and go. I knew that because I do not have Facebook and I did now know the real identities of many people as others do I often lagged behind on knowing about "real life people". But I sometimes do not even know about the stories of posters under their Pricescope IDs. For example, I have known many things about Gemgirl, such as where she lives and what the weather is there and to whom she has been married. She has posted (and I have read) that she has had many surgeries. But I never knew that she had cancer. I never knew that the thread of which you speak existed. I also do not believe I ever knew about mariposa, although perhaps I once knew and forgot. There is a lot of information posted here in a lot of threads and not everyone sees every thread.

Having said all of this, I want to wish you a bright, new day, red!

Hugs,
Deb

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I am so sorry to hear of your health issue. I will be thinking and sending healthy vibes and warm hugs your way! Stay positive and you will be well for your trip!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 sending you bucket loads of healing dust and good thoughts and gentle (((hugs))). Safe trip and all the best. (((Hugs))).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 Sending lots of healing dust your way. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. Please know we are here to offer support. If you begin feeling overwhelmed or worried, please say so. Hugs.

My husband’s aunt was diagnosed with colon cancer and the circumstances sounded very much like what you are describing. That was almost thirty years ago and she has been fine since. She’s in her 80’s and very much enjoying her life.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, sending lots of positive thoughts and healing vibes to you, I know this is stressful and scary but you are in very good hands and so far all results have been good news. I'm hoping for the best possible outcome and in my heart I feel you're going to be ok. Such a good decision to just have this surgery asap, it will be great to get it over with and then you can focus on your trip! And ditto Callie, please share with us whenever you're feeling upset and worried!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lordy I am taking up this thread, so sorry to anyone with any other "random thoughts" :oops: But I certainly don't want a specific thread about my butt. If this helps anyone get off the pot and go get their colonoscopy done then I will be happy.

Met with the surgeon and he is certainly the pragmatic type for sure. He is not going to bother with the short resection and will be taking a 1 foot piece of my colon on MONDAY.... lymph nodes and all. :errrr:

He also said because it is close to the end of the tube :???: he has to measure the distance from the end to the tumor (5.5cm/2 inches = tumor I guess). If that distance is 10cm or less then I have to have radiation or chemotherapy first. So this afternoon I have to go back in and he is going to put a rigid 1 foot scope (pole) up my butt to measure the distance to the tumor. He said in Europe the doctors started doing the radiation or chemotherapy when they are 10cm close to the rectum because the area where they are working is so small and they are never sure if they got all of it. Doing chemo or radiation ahead of time shrinks it first and the instances of recurrence dramatically drop. So the US has started doing this as well. The gastro doc measured the distance at 15cm from the end but the surgeon wants to make sure himself and he will do another biopsy while he's in there. The hospital stay is about 2 days (if no complications) since the surgery is laproscopic with the robot and I should be fine to travel for my trip. He says of the 30 or so he has done this year (been doing them 20 years) only two have had complications and that was leakage. Only a 5% chance of leakage and 95% have no problems.

Thank you everyone for your support. I am trying to remain calm and hope the pole measurement is way up there. Pun intended. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lordy I am taking up this thread, so sorry to anyone with any other "random thoughts" :oops: But I certainly don't want a specific thread about my butt. If this helps anyone get off the pot and go get their colonoscopy done then I will be happy.

Met with the surgeon and he is certainly the pragmatic type for sure. He is not going to bother with the short resection and will be taking a 1 foot piece of my colon on MONDAY.... lymph nodes and all. :errrr:

He also said because it is close to the end of the tube :???: he has to measure the distance from the end to the tumor (5.5cm/2 inches = tumor I guess). If that distance is 10cm or less then I have to have radiation or chemotherapy first. So this afternoon I have to go back in and he is going to put a rigid 1 foot scope (pole) up my butt to measure the distance to the tumor. He said in Europe the doctors started doing the radiation or chemotherapy when they are 10cm close to the rectum because the area where they are working is so small and they are never sure if they got all of it. Doing chemo or radiation ahead of time shrinks it first and the instances of recurrence dramatically drop. So the US has started doing this as well. The gastro doc measured the distance at 15cm from the end but the surgeon wants to make sure himself and he will do another biopsy while he's in there. The hospital stay is about 2 days (if no complications) since the surgery is laproscopic with the robot and I should be fine to travel for my trip. He says of the 30 or so he has done this year (been doing them 20 years) only two have had complications and that was leakage. Only a 5% chance of leakage and 95% have no problems.

Thank you everyone for your support. I am trying to remain calm and hope the pole measurement is way up there. Pun intended. :lol:

Red, thinking good thoughts and sending lots of positive energy your way. I am so glad they caught this early and you are going to be OK! (((HUGS))).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying to remain calm and hope the pole measurement is way up there. Pun intended
This is probably the first time I'm wishing someone gets something stiff shoved up their butt with a good outcome :mrgreen2: Sending wishes, buckets of PS dust, and good karma your way.

But I certainly don't want a specific thread about my butt.
Now about this. I totally support your decision of course but can't help but mourn the loss of all the potential bum puns such a thread would yield. You could make the title specific and use it as a PSA or simply title it : and see what happens :lol-2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Red, if you only knew the butt and poop jokes my family has giggled about over the years since my dad's first surgeries...
I'm not going to tell you how I know this, but it just so happens they make blingy butt plugs, in case you feel like embellishing your behind. I'll let you guys google that.

Also since you're staying in the hospital I think you should treat yourself to a pretty gown and matching pillowcase: https://www.gownies.com/shop/hospital-gowns.html?p=2 because as we all know the ones the hospitals supply are b.s.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh you guys. I am laughing so hard! My DH the funny man that he is was wise cracking in the office today and at the clinic before. DH asked the gastro doc last week after my procedure if he found the large stick that was lodged up there. I love him but seriously? The surgeon was informed my DH is a wiseacre so he told us today that he has named the tumor "Little Steve." DH loves me and I know it. It's just how we are.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think this might help people I am all for having a thread. This is such an eye opening experience and so scary too. Maybe @Ella will move these to a new thread. I am not embarrassed one bit. What is a good thread title?

I have talked to my mom about talking my sister into getting hers done now rather than wait until 50. She is 46.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am doing a pole dance in your honor. Nothing like a resepctable stiffy to make your day!:lol-2:

RED--healing vibes across the miles.

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a good thread title?
My Capricious Colon
I've Been Colon-ized
Give a Hoot About Your Poopshoot
I Really Do Have a Stick Up My Butt
Little Steve
Giving the Heave to Little Steve

If you want something more mature or graceful than those, someone else will have to contribute.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Capricious Colon
I've Been Colon-ized
Give a Hoot About Your Poopshoot
I Really Do Have a Stick Up My Butt
Little Steve
Giving the Heave to Little Steve

If you want something more mature or graceful than those, someone else will have to contribute.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to correct your spelling

Poop chute. :)

Edit - So I have to do two enemas today before I go for the pole procedure. I think because DH was such a funny man today that I should call him home from work to administer them.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to correct your spelling

Poop chute. :)

Edit - So I have to do two enemas today before I go for the pole procedure.
Apologies for the misspelling but perhaps for today only, shooting poop is more accurate. Good luck with those enemas. I laughed myself off the chair re: your hubs upcoming task.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies for the misspelling but perhaps for today only, shooting poop is more accurate. Good luck with those enemas. I laughed myself off the chair re: your hubs upcoming task.

I like "I've been Colon-ized : Check your Pooper"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results