shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
I''m dog sitting for a friend who has 2 dogs. This means there are 3 dogs running around in our 1 bedroom apt right now. These are not small dogs.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Um.... so I just got to NY. I am at a Marriott for the night and my hotel room has a seperate room with a conference table. A conference table for four. They said at the desk they were upgrading me. I don't know that I feel this is an upgrade!! Who would have a meeting in a room attached to their hotel room. It's sooooo weird.

I'm a tired, punch drunk crazy lady and took a pic for my co-workers. I'll show y'all too. Check it out.

ETA: Crap, that conference room is for six, not four. I am too tired to count. The vodka tonics on the plane probaby didn't help.

IMG00086.jpg

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 9:38:37 PM
Author: April20
Um.... so I just got to NY. I am at a Marriott for the night and my hotel room has a seperate room with a conference table. A conference table for four. They said at the desk they were upgrading me. I don''t know that I feel this is an upgrade!! Who would have a meeting in a room attached to their hotel room. It''s sooooo weird.

I''m a tired, punch drunk crazy lady and took a pic for my co-workers. I''ll show y''all too. Check it out.

This is just really funny. I am so putting in "require conference table inside room" in the special requests section of my Expedia preferences.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 7:30:41 PM
Author: packrat
The sun isn''t setting until about 6 now! Hooray for Spring on its way!

This makes me happy too! Can''t wait until it''s still bright at 8pm.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 9:42:20 PM
Author: cakeny

Um.... so I just got to NY. I am at a Marriott for the night and my hotel room has a seperate room with a conference table. A conference table for four. They said at the desk they were upgrading me. I don''t know that I feel this is an upgrade!! Who would have a meeting in a room attached to their hotel room. It''s sooooo weird.

I''m a tired, punch drunk crazy lady and took a pic for my co-workers. I''ll show y''all too. Check it out.

This is just really funny. I am so putting in ''require conference table inside room'' in the special requests section of my Expedia preferences.
Dare you too!

Ya know what else I just realized? There are four pendant lights over that table. Two of the four are naked CFLs in the socket. I guess the shades broke. I just blinded myself looking at the stupid things.

I have to get up at 445 to catch the 515 shuttle back to the airport so I can get on a 630 flight. My life is so not my favorite right now.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Crap, crap, crap. My flight from Boston to LGA tomorrow has been cancelled. No big deal, right? Take the train. NOT. My flight from LGA to ATL has been cancelled too. I am STUCK. I am looking for any way to get to the general area and drive home. Anyone with any ideas is appreciated.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2010 10:17:56 PM
Crap, crap, crap. My flight from Boston to LGA tomorrow has been cancelled. No big deal, right? Take the train. NOT. My flight from LGA to ATL has been cancelled too. I am STUCK. I am looking for any way to get to the general area and drive home. Anyone with any ideas is appreciated.
No ideas, but I just wanted to wish you a safe trip! Please drive carefully and stay safe out there!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I got a rental car from LGA to ATL. $600. Thankfully it''s not my dime and my boss said do whatever to get home and eat at good restaurants. I''ve got a co-worker with me, so at least I don''t have to drive along. This is awful. I wish Delta had let me know everything home was cancelled before I flew out this evening!!!!

My cable bill just shot up to $120. Pfft. I''m done. We are going to try something else and see if they''ll allow us to put a Dish on top of the building. Either way, I am NOT paying that much for non-HD channels.. and all of our tv''s are HD, for $120 it should be free!

20.gif
20.gif

Date: 2/11/2010 6:55:37 PM
Author: Gayletmom
I ran into a couple of old high school friends today who said ''you should call us sometime'' at which point I was thinking ''You were both unkind, even mean sometimes, well into college. I''m happy, have lovely friends who love me and whom I love, and moved on over 15 years ago. Why would I ever call you?''

I hate when that happens. I notice a lot of those mean people are trying to add me to FB now, and then never say anything to me. I think they are spying... lol so I just delete them!

It''s so awkward to be in that situation though.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got to go to the ballet tonight!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
And I loved it, and wondered why I don''t do that more often!
33.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
DH has informed me that it''s that time of the year for our dental appointments...I HATE the dentist!!!!
29.gif
Why did he have to remember! lol

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i guess my boss has some good news regarding our contracts!

but the girl in the cube next to me wont tell me what it is so i had to email him lol

and it is taking him FOREVER to reply!!! Can''t wait to hear what it is

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Last night it rained little ice raindrops

The chiropractor basically told me I''m broken this morning... sigh

I can''t wait to ride the paint baby horse I helped raise when he was little... it''ll be my second time riding him. He''s older and rideable now... it''ll be a walking only lesson since I"m broken. OY lol.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I am always amazed by the incredibly petty, inconsequential things that my co-workers complain about.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
It''s Friday, and darnit, I''m getting Pizza!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 11:51:47 AM
Author: CurlySue
I am always amazed by the incredibly petty, inconsequential things that my co-workers complain about.
LOL! Ok seriously... a co-worker of mine just got off of a conference call.

We have this new system where the machine calls everyone invited, instead of having to dial in and give a password... the minute she hung up she says...
"OMGosh, that is so much easier than having to dial in AND give a password!"

Really? "So" much better... like it was hard to do?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 12:06:58 PM
Author: meresal
''OMGosh, that is so much easier than having to dial in AND give a password!''

Really? ''So'' much better... like it was hard to do?

It is if you can''t remember the phone number and password and have to rely on post its and you forget your post it at a meeting and have run back to your cubicle and back up the stairs and back to the meeting room just to dial in on the conference phone lol

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 12:09:27 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

It is if you can''t remember the phone number and password and have to rely on post its and you forget your post it at a meeting and have run back to your cubicle and back up the stairs and back to the meeting room just to dial in on the conference phone lol
Smurfy... we have Lotus notes... so the meetings are added to your calendar (with call in and passowrd information inside) and you dial in from your desk, since the calls are international.

If this involved going to any kind of conference room, then I *might* have a bit more compassion.
3.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

Author: CurlySue
LOL! Ok seriously... a co-worker of mine just got off of a conference call.

We have this new system where the machine calls everyone invited, instead of having to dial in and give a password... the minute she hung up she says...

Wow. That would leave me speechless.

Someone (who has direct deposit) just complained to me that they got their pay stub late today.

???

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
My friend decided that for her b-day celebration Saturday she wants to go see a movie at the delux cinema (big comfy leather chairs, food and drink service). I just purchaed the tickets on-line for DH and I - to a tune of $55 for just the tickets.

I miss the days when the movies cost $7 during premium hours. I remember when $55 would get you two tickets to a live show, not just a movie.

I''m tired of everything needing to be an "experience" now. Sigh.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 12:33:17 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
My friend decided that for her b-day celebration Saturday she wants to go see a movie at the delux cinema (big comfy leather chairs, food and drink service). I just purchaed the tickets on-line for DH and I - to a tune of $55 for just the tickets.

I miss the days when the movies cost $7 during premium hours. I remember when $55 would get you two tickets to a live show, not just a movie.

I''m tired of everything needing to be an ''experience'' now. Sigh.
23.gif
WOW! What good friends you are. That price is just absurd!
14.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I just found out that my work contract is now extended through May 1 (as opposed to April 1 previously) and needless to say I am ecstatic! Gives me a little more leeway time for finding a job and slightly reduces my stress
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

ETA: Crap, that conference room is for six, not four. I am too tired to count. The vodka tonics on the plane probaby didn''t help.

April which Mariott are you staying in? I''ll be at the Mariott Marquis in TS in two weeks.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Smurfy!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 12:42:07 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

ETA: Crap, that conference room is for six, not four. I am too tired to count. The vodka tonics on the plane probaby didn''t help.

April which Mariott are you staying in? I''ll be at the Mariott Marquis in TS in two weeks.
We can have a conference in your conference room!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, Smurfy!!

Just putting out feelers for a new project, and my fingers are antsy...

April20

Ideal_Rock
HH- I was at the Courtyard Marriott right by La Guardia. It was okay, but not great. It did the job. I stayed at the Hotel Mela in TS a couple weeks ago and that was nice!!

I am finally home by dumb luck and timing. Delta couldn''t book me out of NY until Sunday afternoon. We rented a car to drive home, but I was unable to accept my reality and kept calling Delta. No luck. I have a friend that works for Delta and I called her for help. She had the flight loads checked and told me to try the 345 out of Philly. I called Delta and it was booked. I really, really couldn''t accept we were going to actually have to drive all the way to ATL, so I called my travel agent. By some magic she got us booked on the 615 out of Philly that was supposedly sold out. Once we got there, we went standby on the 345 and actually got on! Good thing too because that 615 flight was cancelled. I had some other co-workers on that flight and they didn''t make it in time to try the 345 and are stuck in Philly until Monday. The ironic thing is I actually got back to ATL EARLIER than my original flight out of LGA would have gotten me here!

I got home to 3" of wet, heavy snow. The roads are slushy and it will be 20 overnight and is expected to freeze into thick ice. I am so, so happy to be home!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 7:47:45 PM
HH- I was at the Courtyard Marriott right by La Guardia. It was okay, but not great. It did the job. I stayed at the Hotel Mela in TS a couple weeks ago and that was nice!!

I am finally home by dumb luck and timing. Delta couldn''t book me out of NY until Sunday afternoon. We rented a car to drive home, but I was unable to accept my reality and kept calling Delta. No luck. I have a friend that works for Delta and I called her for help. She had the flight loads checked and told me to try the 345 out of Philly. I called Delta and it was booked. I really, really couldn''t accept we were going to actually have to drive all the way to ATL, so I called my travel agent. By some magic she got us booked on the 615 out of Philly that was supposedly sold out. Once we got there, we went standby on the 345 and actually got on! Good thing too because that 615 flight was cancelled. I had some other co-workers on that flight and they didn''t make it in time to try the 345 and are stuck in Philly until Monday. The ironic thing is I actually got back to ATL EARLIER than my original flight out of LGA would have gotten me here!

I got home to 3'' of wet, heavy snow. The roads are slushy and it will be 20 overnight and is expected to freeze into thick ice. I am so, so happy to be home!!!!!

You''ve been on quite the adventure April!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results