color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dougsgirl|1357320936|3347275 said:
Dee*Jay|1357319598|3347251 said:
5,905 days to retirement if I bail at 59-1/2... and if this damn flu doesn't kill me first... ack.

You realize that's over 16 years... right?? LOL
But I think you're right, 5905 days sounds shorter than 16 years. Not sure why.
Sorry about the flu!! That stinks. I hope you can get lots of rest and have someone to pamper you a little! Get well soon!

16 years, 2 months, 2 days... but who's counting... :cheeky:

And who am I kidding -- I'm sure I'll be working FAR past 59-1/2 ;(

D

Deactivated member 42515

My diamond is looking very yellow these days... Very tinted. Maybe it's the weather. It's been so cloudy.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!! Yes... Riggins is a shmushy, shmoogly, wiggly, warm, cuddly bundle of fluff! And he DOES have razor sharp teeth! LOL
And I guess I spoke too soon about him sleeping through the night. ;(
He slept in my DD's room last night and got up at 2:15, 4:00, 6:00 and was up for good at 7:15! He went to the bathroom every time! :shock:
My poor daughter... (BUT... she BEGGED for this puppy and she is heading back to school tomorrow... So I will let her take the night shifts whenever she can!)

Yssie... Congratulations on your new baby too!! I would love to see pictures! What kind of dog is she?
And no, Riggins does not have all of his shots yet. He has had the first round, but will have a few more over the next couple of months.

And later on today I will definitely start a "Show me the Puppy" thread. I would also like to talk about puppy/dog training ideas, tips and techniques. So... be sure to look for it and add pics of your furbabies and your 2 cents!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dougsgirl said:
Thanks everyone!! Yes... Riggins is a shmushy, shmoogly, wiggly, warm, cuddly bundle of fluff! And he DOES have razor sharp teeth! LOL
He slept in my DD's room last night and got up at 2:15, 4:00, 6:00 and was up for good at 7:15! He went to the bathroom every time! :shock:
My poor daughter... (BUT... she BEGGED for this puppy and she is heading back to school tomorrow... So I will let her take the night shifts whenever she can!)

Yssie... Congratulations on your new baby too!! I would love to see pictures! What kind of dog is she?
And no, Riggins does not have all of his shots yet. He has had the first round, but will have a few more over the next couple of months.

And later on today I will definitely start a "Show me the Puppy" thread. I would also like to talk about puppy/dog training ideas, tips and techniques. So... be sure to look for it and add pics of your furbabies and your 2 cents!!
Oh yes! I love posting pictures of my babies! Here's a little something while I wait for your thread. Livi had gotten all her new Christmas toys and then some and made it into a big pile. She's a hoarder.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357324983.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dougsgirl|1357321674|3347290 said:

I posted a couple of recent pics here :bigsmile: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-5-000-holiday-giveaway.181341/page-29#post-3347310#p3347305']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-5-000-holiday-giveaway.181341/page-29#post-3347310#p3347305[/URL]

Please do start a thread! It'd be a great place to keep up on progress ::) and get advice from the folk who've BTDT! I know I've got a thousand things bouncing around in my head re. training Emily and acclimating the cats...

I see grass in the background of the one pic - lucky little Riggins! We're buried in half a foot of snow here and it's way too cold to take her out yet.

YT That's so cute!! She hoards squishy squeakies the way most of us hoard sparklies ::)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Aww! Gorgeous puppies!! Makes me want to go squish mine. ::)

Yssie, I'm sure you will do fine with introducing your cats and puppy! I think starting early is the key. We would rub our hands all over the puppy then go cuddle the cats so they would get used to his smell. I dont thinkmthe cats were too bothered by him because he was so small. He was a lot smaller than Emily though! They are all great friends now. One of the cats and the dog play chasey through the house on a daily basis. It's hilarious to watch!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful puppies!! Good luck to all!!!

Is it crazy that dh and I visit the dog park and Petco etc just to play with the cute doggies? :oops:
I ask because if we did that with children (which we have no desire to do lol) it would be illegal. But is it OK with dogs or are we just plain crazy? :cheeky:

ETA: I hope you are feeling better very soon DeeJay!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

missy said:

Is it crazy that dh and I visit the dog park and Petco etc just to play with the cute doggies? :oops:
I ask because if we did that with children (which we have no desire to do lol) it would be illegal. But is it OK with dogs or are we just plain crazy? :cheeky:
Hahaha... Well, dog owners can get a little crazy about their dogs too. There was this one time where we went to the park without our furbabies and we happened to see the cutest Boston terrier playing at the dog park. We went over and started pointing out how cute he was and his owner was like "where are your dogs? Which ones are your's? Why did you not bring them? What kind are they?" Sheesh... He didn't believe we had dogs! Like we were some kid of perverts or something!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1357347017|3347668 said:
missy said:

Hahaha... Well, dog owners can get a little crazy about their dogs too. There was this one time where we went to the park without our furbabies and we happened to see the cutest Boston terrier playing at the dog park. We went over and started pointing out how cute he was and his owner was like "where are your dogs? Which ones are your's? Why did you not bring them? What kind are they?" Sheesh... He didn't believe we had dogs! Like we were some kid of perverts or something!

LOL, thank goodness that has never happened to us or I would be mortified I think! Luckily almost everyone seems very flattered when I ask if I can say hello to their dogs. In fact I have had a few people joke that their dogs seem to like me better than them hahaha. But in any case they for sure know us at Petco because whenever I am in the area I stop in to see what furbabies are around for me to say hello to. :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie!!! Your puppy is sooooo adorable!! Look at that face, I want to reach into the pic and squish her! :love: :love: :love:

YT, it's so funny and cute that your dog does that! :D I've never seen a dog pile up toys like that!

D

Deactivated member 42515

junebug17 said:
Yssie!!! Your puppy is sooooo adorable!! Look at that face, I want to reach into the pic and squish her! :love: :love: :love:

YT, it's so funny and cute that your dog does that! :D I've never seen a dog pile up toys like that!
Well, she has a little sister that's kinda conniving. She will hide in the shadows until Livi looks away for one second and then she snatches the toy away. Here's a picture of such act. Look at poor Livi's face.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357361806.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1357358926|3347795 said:
junebug17 said:

Well, she has a little sister that's kinda conniving. She will hide in the shadows until Livi looks away for one second and then she snatches the toy away. Here's a picture of such act. Look at poor Livi's face.[/quote}

Oooh that little stinker! :devil: :D Your dogs are beautiful YT, they must be so much fun!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier today i was admiring at SMTB that amazing three stone sapphire ER (the one that was inspired by Yssie's previous ER) and all of a sudden i realized that i have a similar three stone ring but with garnets instead of sapphires. This ring was given to me as a gift from my parents many years ago. So i went to my ring box to take it out and wear it and...BOOM... a side stone garnet is missing and it's nowhere to be found...All stones are very particular, in rose cut and have the best color ever. Now i'll never find the right stone to replace the one missing :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
nataliesamaras said:
Earlier today i was admiring at SMTB that amazing three stone sapphire ER (the one that was inspired by Yssie's previous ER) and all of a sudden i realized that i have a similar three stone ring but with garnets instead of sapphires. This ring was given to me as a gift from my parents many years ago. So i went to my ring box to take it out and wear it and...BOOM... a side stone garnet is missing and it's nowhere to be found...All stones are very particular, in rose cut and have the best color ever. Now i'll never find the right stone to replace the one missing :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:
That is such a bummer. Can you get iLander on the case?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1357402412|3347990 said:

Was the stone out of the ring when you got it out of the case, or did the stone fall out while you were wearing it? If the second scenario, did you leave the house or just wear it inside?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom and Dee*Jay thank you so much for the moral support...
I can't believe that this has happened to me and that the stone disappeared. The last time that i wore the ring was like three months ago and it was outside my house, but i specifically remember that the ring was fine when i came home and took it off, because i always check thoroughly my rings when i take them off. Since then it has been in the box BUT... I remember that one day, approximately two-three weeks ago, my baby daughter got the box with the rings out of my bedside table and started playing with them on my bed. I didn't get alarmed because i had counted the rings and there was no way that she'd lose one and i wouldn't know, plus the poor little thing was just checking them out quietly, because they sparkled and caught her attention, but she wasn't throwing them or mistreating them in any way...I realize now that the stone must have fallen off, while the little one was playing with the rings and when i put them back i didn't take the time to inspect them, coz i couldn't imagine that something bad could have happened. I'm sure that the stone has been lost somewhere in my room and by now it's long gone :blackeye:
My SIL suggested that i replace both side stones with diamonds and keep the big middle stone garnet, but this scenario will cost me a fortune and the ring will never be the same piece that i loved and that my parents gave me...
Thanks so much for reading...i really needed to vent...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1357416128|3348137 said:
I can't believe that this has happened to me and that the stone disappeared. The last time that i wore the ring was like three months ago and it was outside my house, but i specifically remember that the ring was fine when i came home and took it off, because i always check thoroughly my rings when i take them off. Since then it has been in the box BUT... I remember that one day, approximately two-three weeks ago, my baby daughter got the box with the rings out of my bedside table and started playing with them on my bed. I didn't get alarmed because i had counted the rings and there was no way that she'd lose one and i wouldn't know, plus the poor little thing was just checking them out quietly, because they sparkled and caught her attention, but she wasn't throwing them or mistreating them in any way...I realize now that the stone must have fallen off, while the little one was playing with the rings and when i put them back i didn't take the time to inspect them, coz i couldn't imagine that something bad could have happened. I'm sure that the stone has been lost somewhere in my room and by now it's long gone :blackeye:
My SIL suggested that i replace both side stones with diamonds and keep the big middle stone garnet, but this scenario will cost me a fortune and the ring will never be the same piece that i loved and that my parents gave me...

Oh no naty, I'm so very sorry! :(sad I know it's been a few weeks but maybe it's worth it to look under the bed and just around that area in general? You never know, it might have fallen into some nook or cranny. Hugs to you, wish I had some magic words to help you feel better.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Naty, here is one suggestion that might work. Take the hose of your vacuum and put a knee high over it and run it along all the baseboards and corners and nooks and crannies of your bedroom. If it's there, it will get sucked against the nylon and won't go into the tube.

I actually lost a small stone out of my eternity band one time and it turned up A YEAR LATER. So maybe all is not lost!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dee*Jay said:

Naty, here is one suggestion that might work. Take the hose of your vacuum and put a knee high over it and run it along all the baseboards and corners and nooks and crannies of your bedroom. If it's there, it will get sucked against the nylon and won't go into the tube.

I actually lost a small stone out of my eternity band one time and it turned up A YEAR LATER. So maybe all is not lost!
Ooh! That is an awesome idea!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

We went 4x4ing today for DH's birthday and the view was amazing!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357423773.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357423790.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357423806.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357423827.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:shock: :shock: :shock:
YT!!! Where are you there??? That is incredible!! I LOVE that view!! WOW - what a great day DH must have had! I can't wait to go 4x4ing with him - will he promise to take me here, when I get there??
And now as an even EXTRA bonus sweetener for you --- you get to cook w DH, drink wine paired with your meals, play with my bling AND play with the new puppy - total SCORE, eh??? ;))

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
YT!!! Where are you there??? That is incredible!! I LOVE that view!! WOW - what a great day DH must have had! I can't wait to go 4x4ing with him - will he promise to take me here, when I get there??
And now as an even EXTRA bonus sweetener for you --- you get to cook w DH, drink wine paired with your meals, play with my bling AND play with the new puppy - total SCORE, eh??? ;))
Ohhhh!!! I'm so excited for the new puppy!!! I told DH that you and I are doing a wife swap and the first thing he asked me was "is she hot?" And I of course said yes!!! She is!! I just asked DH if he's gonna bring you up here, and he just kinda gave me a weird look! Haha! I think that means he's excited! We also saw two does and a huge buck frolicking in the snow. So beautiful!

As for me, if there is one thing that I love more bling, it's dogs and puppies!!! With the new puppy, your bling might not get that much play time! Shock!!! And your DH will have to pry me away from Lily!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful birthday excursion, YT!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your ring, naty.

Beautiful scenery, YT. Where is that?

I made butternut squash soup today for the first time. It turned out delicious and DH liked it too! Success!! Trying to decide what kind of soup to make next.

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger|1357428694|3348324 said:
What a beautiful birthday excursion, YT!
Thank you Justginger!

mary poppins|1357438393|3348486 said:
Sorry to hear about your ring, naty.

Beautiful scenery, YT. Where is that?

I made butternut squash soup today for the first time. It turned out delicious and DH liked it too! Success!! Trying to decide what kind of soup to make next.
Thanks mary poppins! I live in eastern washington and it was on top of a small mountain/big hill overlooking the Columbia River.

And that butternut squash soup sounds amazing!!! I'm trying to figure out what I wanna eat for dinner and that sounds good! Just teleport it over!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT that is beautiful! happy bday to your dh!

D

Deactivated member 42515

D

Deactivated member 42515

DH always says I have Asian dragon breath in the morning...

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I love Rod Stewart. I could listen to him sing the phone book. But NOT "Silent Night". Couldn't isten to anyone sing it.

That song was ruined for me by the New Town massacre.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results