shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

D

Deactivated member 42515

I just learned that under very high pressure, peanut butter can be turned into diamonds... How is this possible? And I need to go to Costco and buy all their jars of peanut butter. If I get the chunky kind, will I get chunky OECs, OMCs, AVCs or AVRs? Hahaha

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I'm back to happily report that i went to my jeweler this morning and he said that he's 100% positive that he can find a garnet of the exact same color and cut, in order to replace the one that was lost from my 3 stone ring!!! Yay!!!

2. I'm in the process of resetting my 1.22 ct M stone and today my jeweler took her out of her previous bezel halo setting...I can't believe how much bigger and sparklier she looks now that she's free...This setting was beautiful but it was truly suffocating the diamond...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh!! do post a pic of the "wild and free M" that is just lollying about !!! Must see!!

And great news Natylad, that your jeweller can find a replacement garnet - phew!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad|1357569842|3349414 said:
1. I'm back to happily report that i went to my jeweler this morning and he said that he's 100% positive that he can find a garnet of the exact same color and cut, in order to replace the one that was lost from my 3 stone ring!!! Yay!!!

2. I'm in the process of resetting my 1.22 ct M stone and today my jeweler took her out of her previous bezel halo setting...I can't believe how much bigger and sparklier she looks now that she's free...This setting was beautiful but it was truly suffocating the diamond...

I'm really, really happy for you. Garnets are among my favorite and so are three stones. Please post a pic when finished!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1357570292|3349419 said:
ooooh!! do post a pic of the "wild and free M" that is just lollying about !!! Must see!!

And great news Natylad, that your jeweller can find a replacement garnet - phew!

Hey Enerchi :wavey:
I really want to take a pic of the stone but i don't know how to take good pictures with our stupid new camera :evil:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber St. Clare|1357572501|3349446 said:
natyLad|1357569842|3349414 said:

I'm really, really happy for you. Garnets are among my favorite and so are three stones. Please post a pic when finished!

Thanks Amber! I will definitely try to get some pics when i get it back :wavey:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yay! natyLad! I'm glad things are working out for you and your garnet! I would also love to see the M in action! Sounds breathtaking!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
natyLad|1357577045|3349508 said:
Enerchi|1357570292|3349419 said:

Hey Enerchi :wavey:
I really want to take a pic of the stone but i don't know how to take good pictures with our stupid new camera :evil:
I'd love to see the "wild & free M" too! Can you do a before and after? I understand your issues w/ your camera, I just use my cell phone for all my ring pics because I can't figure out how to use our camera either. :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys :wavey: So the jeweler is still working on the garnet ring and i finished early from court today, so i tried to take some pictures of the "free" 1.22 diamond! Of course they are horrible...as are my dry hands! Brrr...it was sooooo freakin' cold today here :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: You can see her two little inclusions if you look carefully 8) I can't see anything when she's on my hand ;))

By the way, i'd like to ask a question. Unfortunately, this diamond went to the appraiser after it was set :errrr: (yeah, i know :???: ).
Now that i've taken it off the setting, i have the impression that it's more of a K-L (comparing it to other GIA certified stones that i saw at the appraiser the last time i was there). Do you guys think that the grading of the color might be a little bit off, due to the fact that the stone was set in a bezel setting?

hpim2055.jpg

hpim2058.jpg

hpim2056.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So i'm back with pics of my garnet ring, yay!
The jeweler said that the stones were...glued :errrr: and he had to take them all off and repair the whole thing and not just replace the missing stone...Enerchi...does this remind you of something? :errrr:

hpim2062.jpg

hpim2064.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
So glad the stone was able to be replaced! But...GLUE? :errrr: Again?! How ridiculous.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1357825315|3352028 said:
So glad the stone was able to be replaced! But...GLUE? :errrr: Again?! How ridiculous.

Yup...glue my dear justginger...The ring wasn't made in Athens,Greece, where i live, but in Prague.My jeweler said that he has never seen any piece made here with...glued stones...for Heaven's sake :knockout:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaa. Sniff, every year when my birthday rolls around, another body part hits the skids. This year it's my eyes. I need prescription reading glasses. Not a crisis, but just another reminder that the old gray mare ain't what she used to be. :((

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1357827271|3352049 said:

Yup...glue my dear justginger...The ring wasn't made in Athens,Greece, where i live, but in Prague.My jeweler said that he has never seen any piece made here with...glued stones...for Heaven's sake :knockout:

Oh ya... bad memories coming to the surface for me when I see the word GLUE!!! That's what the centre princess stone of my version 1.0 of my 3 stone had holding it place, when it was made by one of my local B&M stores here... :roll: Not a glue fan on my jewelry, just sayin'!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Matata said:
WaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaa. Sniff, every year when my birthday rolls around, another body part hits the skids. This year it's my eyes. I need prescription reading glasses. Not a crisis, but just another reminder that the old gray mare ain't what she used to be. :((
I still think you're sexy and I would ride you old gray mare. :naughty:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1357849573|3352393 said:
Matata said:

You made me spit coffee on my laptop. There are so many possibilities opening up for the JCK GTG that my head is spinning. Getting rode by you is but one possibility. I was thinking we should have a penis bejazzling contest.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Matata said:
YT|1357849573|3352393 said:
Matata said:

You made me spit coffee on my laptop. There are so many possibilities opening up for the JCK GTG that my head is spinning. Getting rode by you is but one possibility. I was thinking we should have a penis bejazzling contest.
Well, DF is saying he's gonna be the only penis attached PSer, so...

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1357849387|3352389 said:
natyLad|1357827271|3352049 said:

Oh ya... bad memories coming to the surface for me when I see the word GLUE!!! That's what the centre princess stone of my version 1.0 of my 3 stone had holding it place, when it was made by one of my local B&M stores here... :roll: Not a glue fan on my jewelry, just sayin'!
Really?? This is the first time I've heard of glue being used. How common is this? It sounds like the only way to know is if you have a reason to take it apart for repair, etc in the future?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Roxy - this is the thread that I posted last February, when I had just purchased an ollo clip for my iPhone and discovered this disgusting brown "gunk" under 3 of 4 prongs on my centre princess stone. I had no idea what it was and it would NOT clean up. Lo and behold... it was glue. The end result (many threads on this crazy ring :mad: ) was this was ultimately unset and I got my diamonds back and a refund and turned this into my gorgeous BGD trellis you see in my avatar.

Bottom line, no, glue is NOT the best option for setting stones!!! Should not be used at all, according to a few jewellers I've been in contact with since then...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-under-my-prongs.171975/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-under-my-prongs.171975/[/URL]

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1357865095|3352608 said:
Hey Roxy - this is the thread that I posted last February, when I had just purchased an ollo clip for my iPhone and discovered this disgusting brown "gunk" under 3 of 4 prongs on my centre princess stone. I had no idea what it was and it would NOT clean up. Lo and behold... it was glue. The end result (many threads on this crazy ring :mad: ) was this was ultimately unset and I got my diamonds back and a refund and turned this into my gorgeous BGD trellis you see in my avatar.

Bottom line, no, glue is NOT the best option for setting stones!!! Should not be used at all, according to a few jewellers I've been in contact with since then...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-under-my-prongs.171975/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-is-under-my-prongs.171975/[/URL]
Thanks for explaining & especially for the link! I've learned a lot by following the PS "problem" threads (in fact I think that would be a great PS Forum) , so I appreciate your help w/ this (especially with your being sick). Hope you're feeling better soon ... the flu really sucks. :knockout: :(sad

D

Deactivated member 42515

This is bad. I'm bored and I've got an itch to buy something...

justginger

Ideal_Rock
YT|1358034755|3354121 said:

Me too - I'm all over ebay and rubylane like a bad rash.

Ridiculous, considering my newest purchase hasn't even arrived. Not sure what's put me in such a spending mood! :rolleyes:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NINERS are going NUTS!!!!!!!

I take back every bad thing I ever said about Kaepernick. And I've said a lot. He started out badly but... good GOD he's making up for it :-o :errrr: :appl: :appl: :appl:

EEEEEK!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger|1358045975|3354252 said:

Ridiculous, considering my newest purchase hasn't even arrived. Not sure what's put me in such a spending mood! :rolleyes:

Wow, exactly me right now. I have been going ebay and rubylane crazy. I also have a purchase that hasn't arrived yet. Is your's FK's transitional? Mine is also an FK purchase. Supposed to arrive Monday. When is your's supposed to arrive?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
YT|1358046576|3354259 said:

Wow, exactly me right now. I have been going ebay and rubylane crazy. I also have a purchase that hasn't arrived yet. Is your's FK's transitional? Mine is also an FK purchase. Supposed to arrive Monday. When is your's supposed to arrive?

Yes, it's her trannie - supposed to arrive at the latest on Tuesday. I probably won't get it til the weekend though, with the dismal post office hours here. Unfortunate...Thursday is my birthday and I would have liked it then.

What did you get from FK?

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger|1358047087|3354263 said:

Yes, it's her trannie - supposed to arrive at the latest on Tuesday. I probably won't get it til the weekend though, with the dismal post office hours here. Unfortunate...Thursday is my birthday and I would have liked it then.

I bought her violet pear spinal necklace.

I forgot that you are in Australia and it takes much longer. FK sent mine on Thursday to arrive on Monday.

I have a confession.... I already bought two things on ebay today...

Did you give in to any temptations?

ETA: YAY almost birthday!!! You're going to be 29 right? How do you feel about that? I will be 28 in May...

justginger

Ideal_Rock
YT|1358047588|3354272 said:

I forgot that you are in Australia and it takes much longer. FK sent mine on Thursday to arrive on Monday.

ETA: YAY almost birthday!!! You're going to be 29 right? How do you feel about that? I will be 28 in May...

Two things on ebay?! Naughty!

I rarely give in to temptation for small items. I have learned over the last year or two that I do not appreciate colored stones or small purchases very much. I prefer to save up for big things I truly adore, which means that they are infrequent purchases. A ring I posted in your thread about the beautiful pieces from that ebay vendor has wormed itself in my head and I'm thinking of trying to recreate it now. Maybe in a year or two...

I am also keeping a keen eye out for an Argyle stone that I both like, and can afford. I need to like it more than the pink I have now, as DH thinks two pink stones are unnecessary and would like me to sell the first if I purchase a second.

And yes, 29 this coming week. Feeling good about it, actually. I was unhappy around 26/27 as I tipped over the middle of my 20s and started going towards 30. Now I'm quite happy with my place in the world and reckon my 30s will be every bit as good as my 20s. :))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm down with a cold. *sniff*

On the weekend, of course.

*sigh.*

(and yes, I did spend part of my sniffling enforced down time perusing ebay :wink2: )

justginger

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1358048959|3354292 said:
I'm down with a cold. *sniff*

On the weekend, of course.

*sigh.*

(and yes, I did spend part of my sniffling enforced down time perusing ebay :wink2: )

Sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell - but I must say, we've been giving ebay quite a collective workout!

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger|1358048465|3354288 said:
YT|1358047588|3354272 said:

Two things on ebay?! Naughty!

I rarely give in to temptation for small items. I have learned over the last year or two that I do not appreciate colored stones or small purchases very much. I prefer to save up for big things I truly adore, which means that they are infrequent purchases. A ring I posted in your thread about the beautiful pieces from that ebay vendor has wormed itself in my head and I'm thinking of trying to recreate it now. Maybe in a year or two...

I am also keeping a keen eye out for an Argyle stone that I both like, and can afford. I need to like it more than the pink I have now, as DH thinks two pink stones are unnecessary and would like me to sell the first if I purchase a second.

And yes, 29 this coming week. Feeling good about it, actually. I was unhappy around 26/27 as I tipped over the middle of my 20s and started going towards 30. Now I'm quite happy with my place in the world and reckon my 30s will be every bit as good as my 20s. :))

FK's necklace is actually my very first purchase other than my Ering. I don't ever buy anything either.

Which ring were you wanting to recreate? The sapphire one or the one with all the bezeled diamonds around the center?

I also don't mind turning 28. I remember I was freaking out when I was 24 and was going to turn 25.

Your necklace is going to be beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results