shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT --- :love: :love: :love: SO cute! I love the outfits.

Enerchi -- Your house is beautiful! I love looking at snow.... from inside where it is warm.

I've started teaching "A" all the months of the year. She's 13 years old and doesn't know months :nono: . If you ask her what month it is she doesn't know. If you ask what last month was or what month comes next she doesn't know. I even tried asking her to start with January and list the months. She just doesn't know.

After much thought about how to teach a 13 year old something that is taught to most 5 or 6 year olds, I came up with a plan. What better way to learn all the months than by learning about gemstones? Garnet, amethyst, aquamarine.... :bigsmile:
She's having lots of fun looking up information about each gemstone and pictures of the uncut stones and finished jewelry.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1356331711|3338931 said:
I've started teaching "A" all the months of the year. She's 13 years old and doesn't know months :nono: . After much thought about how to teach a 13 year old something that is taught to most 5 or 6 year olds, I came up with a plan. What better way to learn all the months than by learning about gemstones? Garnet, amethyst, aquamarine.... :bigsmile:
She's having lots of fun looking up information about each gemstone and pictures of the uncut stones and finished jewelry.

That's what they always say - teach something you're passionate about! :D

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1356298144|3338686 said:
I can't upload pics from tapatalk:(

Elisa, I think someone else was having the same problem. They fixed it by deleting the ap and downloading it again.

I'd love to see your pictures! :wavey:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody Hades, this has been the absolute worst year to try to sell anything to anybody. I am sick of all the wudjatakahs and tahr-kickers. I am uncertain whether I should wish them money, or cow patties, for Christmas. But I am going to crack open a beer, and enjoy my Christmas without their interruptions. LOL

This might be horrible to post on xmas eve but my (step) MOTHER IN LAW is driving me insane. I could just freakin scream right now. Everything has to be a major production and last minute. This sh!t won't fly next year with baby around.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
First time posting in this thread but I just have to get this off my chest!!!!!!!!

I have bought and sold dozens of items on LT and DB and never had a bad experience till recently!!!!!!! I should have listened to my gut and said NO!!! Talk about a headache!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1356170691|3337923 said:
This is what happened at my place yesterday morning - since this photo, there's now been a total of 30cm + 5cm more over night + more is still falling!!

Hello WINTER! (not a fan of winter/snow/cold/ice... I need WARM WARM WARM!!!)

And Enerchi! Your snow is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

advokait

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621|1356397166|3339343 said:
First time posting in this thread but I just have to get this off my chest!!!!!!!!

I have bought and sold dozens of items on LT and DB and never had a bad experience till recently!!!!!!! I should have listened to my gut and said NO!!! Talk about a headache!
I feel bad posting now too but I'm in the same situation. I was crying earlier. She can be quite the she-devil.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sarahbear621 said:

Oooooh I so wish I could know what happened

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's FINALLY snowing here and we're supposed to get 6-12" on Wednesday/Thursday. :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I had the lamest Christmas ever. I'm not even that disappointed - each Christmas outlames itself from the year before. Every single year we say we'll go away and DO something, but we never do. Christmas this year was: wake up at 6, work til 1, leave work and nearly melt into the sidewalk (it was 109), go home, sit in my undies in front of the air conditioner, have a nap, eat dinner, and go to bed. We didn't even do presents this year!

Next year I'm running away for sure. Esperance, here I come:

_2591.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Omg Esperance?
Thought a sophisticated girl like you would be planning Winter White Christmas!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I love the snow - for a week. After that it gets sludgy and dirty and yucky. And cold. I've lost my ability to tolerate the cold! :lol:

I figure it'll surely be cooler in Esperance, right? Still not going in the water past my knees though. I'd be that one sucker on the news, "A fatal Christmas tragedy down south, loud mouthed American girl mauled by school of angry tiger sharks..."

SB621

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1356409611|3339457 said:
Sarahbear621 said:

Oooooh I so wish I could know what happened

ADV- I'm sorry honey! I hope yours gets resolved quickly. I won't post details about mine but just say that I won't be selling ANYTHING else on LT or DB unless I know who they are from PS or have sold to them before. Let's just say I have so much more sympathy for vendors right now having to deal with such types! I will never work in customer service- My temper gets to me! :knockout:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am sick of this bloody heat! 10 days straight of highs over 100, blerg. :knockout:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Livi has been working to whole day trying to get this ball out from underneath the bed. I finally helped her. Thought I'd let her try before I got it for her. At one time, I'm pretty sure she fell asleep with her head under the bed.

This is her face after she got the ball :) So happy

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356859798.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356859810.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1356856935|3342718 said:
Livi has been working to whole day trying to get this ball out from underneath the bed. I finally helped her. Thought I'd let her try before I got it for her. At one time, I'm pretty sure she fell asleep with her head under the bed.

This is her face after she got the ball :) So happy

Great success!! :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
We have just had THE BEST DAY of the summer yet! Up at 4am, on the boat at 5. Caught squid, tailor and crabs. Saw a penguin, stingrays, a baby seal and dolphins breaking the surface ~ completely out of the water. When we got home we had a couple of bottles of champagne with a nice lunch of the days catch, another swim at the beach and now it's off to bed. I wish every day of summer could be like this one :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh HOT!! I wanna come and be where you are!! WHAT An AWESOME day!! WOW!!

YT - one of our dogs, Ava, is the same about a ball --- single focused, no other movement on the planet can get her away from a ball! Love Livi's face - such pride, "YA, its *MINE*! whatup???" :lol:

ZOE - where are you that you got that much snow? We have finally stopped (for now) at about 18" on the ground over the past 9 days. And... oh joy... more still to fall later in the week. I'm going to try and embrace the snow... wish me luck on *THAT* ! :rodent:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
We have just had THE BEST DAY of the summer yet! Up at 4am, on the boat at 5. Caught squid, tailor and crabs. Saw a penguin, stingrays, a baby seal and dolphins breaking the surface ~ completely out of the water. When we got home we had a couple of bottles of champagne with a nice lunch of the days catch, another swim at the beach and now it's off to bed. I wish every day of summer could be like this one :)
This sounds like a movie! Is life in Australia as utopian as PS makes it seem?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1356876996|3342793 said:
hawaiianorangetree said:

:lol: I guess it's case by case. It was like 107 degrees today - I spent it all indoors, in the air conditioning, watching old episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress." Obviously not an Aussie utopia in my household! :wink2:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Rosebloom said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
Yes! When I win the lottery, I'm moving to Perth!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I think Tacori discontinued my Ering and wedding band! I can't find it on their website anymore!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1356873271|3342776 said:
oh HOT!! I wanna come and be where you are!! WHAT An AWESOME day!! WOW!!

YT - one of our dogs, Ava, is the same about a ball --- single focused, no other movement on the planet can get her away from a ball! Love Livi's face - such pride, "YA, its *MINE*! whatup???" :lol:

ZOE - where are you that you got that much snow? We have finally stopped (for now) at about 18" on the ground over the past 9 days. And... oh joy... more still to fall later in the week. I'm going to try and embrace the snow... wish me luck on *THAT* ! :rodent:

We're in northern New England. It snowed again yesterday so we got a few more inches on top of what we got earlier in the week. You're in Ontario, correct? I've never been there. We've been to Quebec City twice (once for NYE our first year together and then again for our honeymoon), but we haven't been to Ontario.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
YayTacori|1356896360|3342937 said:
I think Tacori discontinued my Ering and wedding band! I can't find it on their website anymore!
No way!! You probably just overlooked it somehow.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
YayTacori|1356244699|3338421 said:
I was at the mall today waiting to meet up with some friends at a restaurant. They were running a little late so I thought I would amuse myself by going into a jewelry store. As I was perusing, a sales associate came by and greeted me. She then continued to say that my ring was beautiful... but then she said... "IS THAT A REAL DIAMOND?" She said she had never seen anything like it before and thinks that I got ripped off because she doesn't think it's real. I assured her that it is, and that its an old european cut and maybe she is just familiar with moderns. She continued with how she has worked in the jewelry industry for years and has never seen something like that before and that I should get my ring checked. Mind you, she said all these things in a polite, nice manner. But it still pushed my buttons!!! :angryfire:

I left.
I'm so sorry you had to deal with something like that YT!!

DH knows how much I love looking at jewelry, so sometimes on a weekend he'll take me to a jewelry store so I can "play". But I have to admit that often as we approach the door I cringe because a lot of times what should be a fun experience ends w/ a sales person arguing that there's no such thing as "ideal cut", its all marketing and their stones are better, or some such nonsense. Hmmm, ok ..... not :(sad

D

Deactivated member 42515

Roxy said:
YayTacori|1356244699|3338421 said:
I was at the mall today waiting to meet up with some friends at a restaurant. They were running a little late so I thought I would amuse myself by going into a jewelry store. As I was perusing, a sales associate came by and greeted me. She then continued to say that my ring was beautiful... but then she said... "IS THAT A REAL DIAMOND?" She said she had never seen anything like it before and thinks that I got ripped off because she doesn't think it's real. I assured her that it is, and that its an old european cut and maybe she is just familiar with moderns. She continued with how she has worked in the jewelry industry for years and has never seen something like that before and that I should get my ring checked. Mind you, she said all these things in a polite, nice manner. But it still pushed my buttons!!! :angryfire:

I left.
I'm so sorry you had to deal with something like that YT!!

DH knows how much I love looking at jewelry, so sometimes on a weekend he'll take me to a jewelry store so I can "play". But I have to admit that often as we approach the door I cringe because a lot of times what should be a fun experience ends w/ a sales person arguing that there's no such thing as "ideal cut", its all marketing and their stones are better, or some such nonsense. Hmmm, ok ..... not :(sad
Ugh. Totally. PS has opened my eyes to so many incompetent jewelry salespeople.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Where is Enerchi!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see I totally missed the three-year mark for this thread! Happy belated birthday, Random Comments Thread!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Here! Here!
Yaytacori has changed her name to YT!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results