shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I do it if it has been a few and I think it has been read already. But not for typos or something I change right after submitting it. Honestly, I didn't know what ETA meant until a couple months ago.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I'm in bed, sick, missing our work Christmas lunch. And will probably miss Secret Santa tomorrow. :nono: I rarely get sick, of course it happens during the fun time of the year.

It's that sick consisting of thrashing all my limbs with sick tears in my eyes. ;(

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
bummer, JG! Hope you feel better soon -- at least for the big day! On the upside, you can lay there and fantasize about what you're spending the prize money on! (trying to make you feel a bit better....)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1355958298|3335996 said:
bummer, JG! Hope you feel better soon -- at least for the big day! On the upside, you can lay there and fantasize about what you're spending the prize money on! (trying to make you feel a bit better....)

Thank you, Enerchi. I have to work Christmas and Boxing Day so must be better by then. We aren't celebrating until DH's nieces and nephew are over on New Years though...surely I'll be back to normal then.

Of course I'm daydreaming of bling, but actually choosing where to allocate the money is far more difficult than I would have ever guessed. NOT that I'm complaining!! :oops:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1355959200|3336010 said:

Thank you, Enerchi. I have to work Christmas and Boxing Day so must be better by then. We aren't celebrating until DH's nieces and nephew are over on New Years though...surely I'll be back to normal then.

Of course I'm daydreaming of bling, but actually choosing where to allocate the money is far more difficult than I would have ever guessed. NOT that I'm complaining!! :oops:

First world problems!!! "gee honey, where should I spend $1000??? Here??? there??? oh... over there! AAAAHHHHH, I just can't decide!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope I can be in that predicament one day :wink2:

Ugh to working Dec 25 & 26 - but I guess 'someone has to', right? and that should ensure you are off Dec 31/Jan1, right? I remember my days working in the hospital - you could have one or the other, but not both holidays off.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, JG!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1355959709|3336019 said:
justginger|1355959200|3336010 said:

First world problems!!! "gee honey, where should I spend $1000??? Here??? there??? oh... over there! AAAAHHHHH, I just can't decide!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope I can be in that predicament one day :wink2:

Ugh to working Dec 25 & 26 - but I guess 'someone has to', right? and that should ensure you are off Dec 31/Jan1, right? I remember my days working in the hospital - you could have one or the other, but not both holidays off.

I'm still working the 31st, but have the 1st off. Our roster is pretty volunteer-based, and I always put my hand up to do it. With hot Christmases away from my parents, it never really feels like a holiday to me anyway. I'd rather be the one stuck at work than know that my coworkers with children are there, slaving away instead of doing the holiday thing. My only stipulation is the rare occasion when we want to go home in December, or my parents come down here, I get that entire time off with no questions asked. In 6 years it has only happened once, but I am happy with that arrangement. DH is working both holiday days with me as well, so we'll duck off to King's Park after work (it's a "get in, get everything done, and get out" arrangement on those days, so we usually work 7-12 or so). That's where we got engaged 3 years ago on Christmas Day, so it's special to us. :love:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
My daughter told me she had gone into work at her part-time job in a bookstore this morning, not really looking forward to the long, busy day ahead of selling books and answering customer's enquiries that comes with the Christmas rush. However as she passed the store's Father Christmas he caught her eye and with a large grin on his face wished her a Happy Christmas. As she responded with the same, she said she immediately felt lifted into a far more positive frame of mind. Thanks Santa for going over and above your call of duty!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished - :appl: Yay for Father Christmas - and for your daughter!

Khloe - you are aware that "skin tight" is only one of many fashion options, right? And that there's no shame in choosing one of those other options... especially when you're a fairly new mother?

(rant over :wink2: )

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what happened at my place yesterday morning - since this photo, there's now been a total of 30cm + 5cm more over night + more is still falling!!

Hello WINTER! (not a fan of winter/snow/cold/ice... I need WARM WARM WARM!!!)

img_2986.jpg

img_2988.jpg

img_389.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

You have a beautiful house Enerchi! It looks big enough for me to stay in during the winter! I love snow! But I live in the desert, so we may get about 2 or 3 days of snow, if we are lucky. But this year doesn't seem very cold, yesterday was 50 degrees so...

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that's so beautiful! Winter wonderland!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1356180501|3337965 said:
You have a beautiful house Enerchi! It looks big enough for me to stay in during the winter! I love snow! But I live in the desert, so we may get about 2 or 3 days of snow, if we are lucky. But this year doesn't seem very cold, yesterday was 50 degrees so...
You and I simply *MUST* swap homes for the winter!! It is worse today - more snow, more bent trees, more snow STILL on the way!! ARGH! :angryfire: I am NOT loving this --- so, YT, when do we flip lives?? --- because you are living my dream!!! I WANNA BE WARM AGAIN!!! ;( ;( ;(

Thanks for saying its lovely HOT and Rosebloom - it IS lovely to look at, just crappy to live in. But then again --- did I mention I'm not a winter fan?? :twirl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some taken this morning - post 30+ cm of snow - for today's photo update!

img_2989.jpg

img_2995.jpg

img_2997.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
oooooo soo pretty! I love snow but your poor trees...

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YayTacori|1356180501|3337965 said:
You and I simply *MUST* swap homes for the winter!! It is worse today - more snow, more bent trees, more snow STILL on the way!! ARGH! :angryfire: I am NOT loving this --- so, YT, when do we flip lives?? --- because you are living my dream!!! I WANNA BE WARM AGAIN!!! ;( ;( ;(

Thanks for saying its lovely HOT and Rosebloom - it IS lovely to look at, just crappy to live in. But then again --- did I mention I'm not a winter fan?? :twirl:
More snow?! I'm so jealous!!! We definitely must swap. Are we just doing the wife swap thing?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi - thanks for sharing those pictures - all that snow is beautiful from a distance!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi said:
Here are some taken this morning - post 30+ cm of snow - for today's photo update!
Thank you for sharing! I miss snow, I remember one year we had 21 inches!!! Couldn't see car tops! But being in Florida 20 years now it seems like a distant memory. We did get snow last February when I went to NY for a memorial event for my mom. Was able to enjoy the Winter wonderland NYC can be!

Attachments

• imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356202358.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 197

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
NYC in the snow

Attachments

• imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1356202572.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 203
D

Deactivated member 42515

I was at the mall today waiting to meet up with some friends at a restaurant. They were running a little late so I thought I would amuse myself by going into a jewelry store. As I was perusing, a sales associate came by and greeted me. She then continued to say that my ring was beautiful... but then she said... "IS THAT A REAL DIAMOND?" She said she had never seen anything like it before and thinks that I got ripped off because she doesn't think it's real. I assured her that it is, and that its an old european cut and maybe she is just familiar with moderns. She continued with how she has worked in the jewelry industry for years and has never seen something like that before and that I should get my ring checked. Mind you, she said all these things in a polite, nice manner. But it still pushed my buttons!!! :angryfire:

I left.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, London is wet but no snow. I'd like Christmas in your house. :love:

Can we swap please???

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1356257738|3338442 said:

Can we swap please???

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm happy to get outta here!!! I'll swap with you and YayTacori - I'll have some wet time and some warm time, but I won't need to be in the snow time!!! Annnnnnnnd..... how about we all agree to leave our jewels behind, so we can play with new stuff while we live our alternate lives??? WOO HOO!! New bling!!! I love the idea of that!!!

All in favour of rotating, starting after Christmas - raise your hand!! :wavey: <---ME!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous house and snow pics, Enerchi!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be posting some presents (cards with checks) on the way to church today, and... later today, I'll be out there shopping! :-o I got all of the "small" gifts (co-workers, neighbors etc) taken care of, but unfortunately saved the most difficult gifts for last. :roll:

AARGH! Has Christmas always been on Dec. 25?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
rosetta|1356257738|3338442 said:

Can we swap please???

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm happy to get outta here!!! I'll swap with you and YayTacori - I'll have some wet time and some warm time, but I won't need to be in the snow time!!! Annnnnnnnd..... how about we all agree to leave our jewels behind, so we can play with new stuff while we live our alternate lives??? WOO HOO!! New bling!!! I love the idea of that!!!

All in favour of rotating, starting after Christmas - raise your hand!! :wavey: <---ME!
So you're saying that you get to live in each of our houses but we've gotta share your's?? I'm keeping the OEC as a keepsake. Rosetta, you may have the princess 3-stone. I'm keeping your DH too, I keep hearing he is an awesome cook. Christmas dinner, he and I will be a force to be reckoned with.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAHA!!! no no no ... we can all rotate thru EACH of our houses -- we get a week in London, a week in (?? where are you again YT?? Its warm - that's all I care about!) and then you each get a week here in "winter wonderland" with the most amazing DH chef!! And if you enjoy cooking all the better! Maybe you'll even be allowed *IN* the kitchen - I'm always shoo'ed out cuz I'm useless!

I'll leave my goodies here that you can all wear while you are here --- so I better get a shot at Rosetta's BLINGTASTIC BGD 3 stone and I sure wanna love up that AWESOME halo of yours, little lady!! don't you dare travel with it...!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

YT is in eastern Washington.

On another note, I tortured my baby girls yesterday. :) DH says I gotta return the outfits cuz it's creepy. I thought they were cute! Excuse the socks in the background, they were playing with them.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1356299534.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures of the snow-laden trees, Enerchi! Your house is perfect for the winter wonderland scene.

We got about half as much snow as you, but hope it melts after Boxing Day :bigsmile:

At one time we were sure we were going to be snowbirds and said that we'd take a picture of the snow with us......and hang it on the inside of the closet door :mrgreen:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I can't upload pics from tapatalk:(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results