color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1354848666|3325073 said:
bastetcat|1354846850|3325052 said:
chemgirl|1354842778|3324982 said:
I have lived in my condo for 3 months now and have never heard a peep from anyone anywhere.

Tonight I can hear every word of the neighbour's movie. Everything.

How loud does this guy have his tv? We have a concrete firewall between us, soundproofing, and an 8 foot air gap for good measure.

I hope this isn't a taste of what's to come.

yuck, that sucks. new neighbor????

This unfortunately immediately reminded me of the time I lived in an apartment during college and had to listen one night to the drunk neighbors sing Hotel California at 3:30am. :errrr:

Nope same people.

I really have never so much as heard a door slam before in this place. Its a townhouse style condo and it was built as a high-end complex. Unfortunately the area wasn't nice enough to support the builder's prices and 10 years later we bought for less than the original asking price (unheard of for this city where house prices have almost doubled over that time). It's very well built with loads of soundproofing. We can't even yell between floors in our unit!

They must have speakers right against the adjoining wall.

eeek! I hope you get it sorted out or hope it was a one time deal. I hate confrontations like this...do I ask nicely, or just make the call?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1354887131|3325336 said:
Look what my dear 3 year old made me at school - does he know his mom or what?!

Wonderful!!!!!! You'll enjoy it forever!

I still have mine from my DS grade school days --someone commented on it the other day when I wore it--I think they thought it was a pandora bracelet or something similar! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
TC1987|1354848454|3325071 said:
I just wanna say, for several days, my left palm has been itchy. For a couple of weeks now, my right foot has been itchy (no, it's not athlete's foot, LOL). According to superstition, "If your left palm itches, it means you will soon receive money." - and -

"An itching foot foretold a long journey from which the person would derive pleasure (or walk on strange/foreign ground). If it was the right sole then the person was either going somewhere they would be welcomed or would undertake a task and be successful in it."

- and -- tonight I have $2200 more than I had at 7AM today. Nicely tops off my kitty of relocation money, bwahahahaha!

Adios, Oh, poverty and stupid dead Rust Belt small-town life! Take your never-ending personal problems and self-inflicted miseries to The Salvation Army. I quit!

I am going back to civilization. :lol:

Woo Hoo! :appl: :appl: :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thanks everyone for the comments about Leo! SIL and the vet isn't sure where he got the scab. SIL found another one this morning. Not a scab yet but just a fresh hole. He's going to the vet again today. Leo was with her the whole night so she doesn't know how it happened. It looks like a puncture wound.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maya's cold doesn't seem to be getting better. I had to check here to see when I first noticed it - LOL - it was on Wednesday morning, so this is going on the third day (second with lots of sneezing and mucus). It's frustrating because I know that if I take her to the vet they'll probably tell me - like they do for humans - that there's nothing to do but wait. *sigh* Off to google some more - this vet's office won't re-open from lunch for an other half hour anyway.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1353773053|3314142 said:
Just ginger, thanks for the dust. ::)

I have an update on my friend! Surgery is finally booked for the 5th of December. They have released her from hospital until then so she can spend some time with her 2 boys (they live in Kalgoorlie, a mining town 6 hours away from Perth) before the op. She wasn't doing so well on the meds (OxyContin + ?), they were making her feel sick and weren't really helping with the pain, so they changed to something else (still morphine based) and she was like a normal person again! No pain, headache or nausea. It was so good to see her up and about after weeks in hospital. :))

HOT, how is your friend doing? Did she have surgery earlier this week?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Mary she did, thank you for thinking about her. ::) the surgery went well. I spent an hour with her yesterday and she was sitting up and talking. She is a bit groggy, has a sore nose and a bit of a headache, which I guess is to be expected. Hopefully this is the end of it and she can put this behind her. :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1354892999|3325385 said:
HOT - your cats figured out how to use the doggy door? :-o is it an electronic one - so they just slip in behind puppy? One of ours is the typical box of rocks so we aren't worried about her learning anything :cheeky: another HATES the outdoors but the last two are pretty smart and the one is always trying to escape!

I love the idea of an aviary - all those places for them to climb! I'd love to do something like that with our enclosure. We could put ours right up against the house - the side of the house is about twenty feet from the start of the treeline on that side so it's pretty good in terms of being relatively unobtrusive but large enough to run around in. Actually now that I think about it we do have a shed, too, so we could put it beside the shed and just leave Emily outside all day, like ginger talked about. We'd have to clean it out and heat it and whatnot but... that might actually be a good option - bonus of not leaving the cats and dog alone unattended together...

Ack!! So much stuff to think about!

We have NO idea who the father is. Most of the pups look sorta pit-bull-ey, but, um, Ruby's a good 60-70lbs so the mechanics sorta don't really work.. right? :rodent:

We have an old school doggy door that is big enough for a pit bull (the last dog my DH had). The cat grabs the corner of it with his paw and lifts it up enough so he can get part of his body though the gap then just slips through! I shouldn't be surprised really, the other one can open the doors. :lol:

I think you have some good plans with what to do! I'm not sure if anyone does it over there, but there are a few companies here that can 'cat safe' your property by placing a net over the entire property to keep cats in and others out. Maybe that is something to look into? You could have a net placed from the side of the house over to the edge where the woods are and have it attached to a fence. if your interested I can look up the info that my DH sent me when we were looking into it. One of our cats got out one night and went up our one tree and couldn't get down for 3 hours. DH was so beside himself he wanted to net the whole backyard so it couldn't happen again! :???:

Well it will be interesting to watch the puppies grow up and see what they turn out like! :D

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Oh how sweet! I have a ring my daughter made me, it's a small white bathroom tile on a paper band. I love it. ::)

hoover

Shiny_Rock
YayTacori - I LOLed at Leo's pic. So cute, but sad. Did he have any problems walking around with such a big cone?

When my monster had to wear the cone of shame, he was still little so the lip of the cone caught on the edge of the floor tiles and he ended up doing face plants (repeatedly). It was funny but sad. DH said I was mean for laughing at him...

D

Deactivated member 42515

hoover|1354921547|3325837 said:
YayTacori - I LOLed at Leo's pic. So cute, but sad. Did he have any problems walking around with such a big cone?

When my monster had to wear the cone of shame, he was still little so the lip of the cone caught on the edge of the floor tiles and he ended up doing face plants (repeatedly). It was funny but sad. DH said I was mean for laughing at him...

Hahaha I laugh too! Leo is face planting himself like you thought! haha

One of my dogs, Emma, she LOOOOOOOVES the cone of shame. She got so excited the first time she wore it. So once in a while, I bring it back out and let her run around with it on. It's the top 5 things that make her happy :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:

Wonderful!!!!!! You'll enjoy it forever!

I still have mine from my DS grade school days --someone commented on it the other day when I wore it--I think they thought it was a pandora bracelet or something similar! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
That is so sweet that you have it and still wear it! I'm going to keep mine in my jewelry box with the good stuff. Love little boys!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:

Oh how sweet! I have a ring my daughter made me, it's a small white bathroom tile on a paper band. I love it. ::)

Adorable! You got a honking solitaire and I got a mega eternity band. Such thoughtful kidos.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YayTacori|1354923736|3325856 said:
One of my dogs, Emma, she LOOOOOOOVES the cone of shame. She got so excited the first time she wore it. So once in a while, I bring it back out and let her run around with it on. It's the top 5 things that make her happy :naughty:

:lol: :lol:

That's hilarious, YT! How funny that any dog or cat have such a positive reaction to "the cone". Maybe she's a fashionista at heart and it's her favorite fashion accessory?

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I just won a gold necklace with a tiny diamond from the relief for sandy auction. I feel good that I got myself a nice holiday present and the money will be used to help the victims.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1354919892|3325813 said:
Mary she did, thank you for thinking about her. ::) the surgery went well. I spent an hour with her yesterday and she was sitting up and talking. She is a bit groggy, has a sore nose and a bit of a headache, which I guess is to be expected. Hopefully this is the end of it and she can put this behind her. :appl:

HOT, I was just thinking about your friend the other day. I'm so glad the surgery is over and she seems to be doing well so far! I'm sure she does have a sore nose and a headache, but the worst is behind her. Here's hoping her recovery is quick and uneventful. She's lucky to have a friend like you.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Okie! She should be out tomorrow so everything is looking great. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOT- so glad your friend is recovering well!

I hate to ask but I need some PS dust (again). This time for Blu. Some of you may remember that Blu is the feral cat we rescued and relocated to a horse rescue farm in Pawling NY. Anyway, he (turned out to be a boy) was kept in the large dog crate for 8 weeks as to acclimate him to his new home. He was kept warm and safe with food and shelter and he was also neutered. 2 weeks ago after being crated for 8 weeks he was released with the hope he would return and become their barn cat with another barn cat they have on their farm. Well, that was 2 weeks ago and though they are leaving food out (and it is being eaten but remember their other barn cat is eating some if not all of it) they have not seen Blu since. We are all heartbroken and devastated. I was crying for most of last night when I found out and spent a sleepless night thinking about dear Blu. :cry:

Please, I need PS dust that Blu is safe and sound and will return to the farm where he will be OK. I keep imagining horrible scenarios and my mind will not quiet. And I am 100% responsible because I am the one who trapped Blu and found him the home on the horse rescue farm. Without my interference he might be OK back in his old environment (a state away-so if he is off to find it he will surely never make it and winter is here). :blackeye:

Sorry to interrupt the random comments thread once again talking about Blu but I believe in the power of PS dust so anything you guys can spare would be so appreciated by me (and poor Blu).
I am adding a pic of Blu to refresh your memories and also so you can send all your good luck PS dust to him while visualizing his sweet sweet face. Thank you guys!!

dearblu.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiny post ahead:

I'm REALLY tired of not sleeping for the past few months. Really.

Sinus infection that feels like it's going to settle in -- please don't. I'm not in the mood.

I was so weepy last night, it was pathetic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1355143591|3327465 said:
HOT- so glad your friend is recovering well!

I hate to ask but I need some PS dust (again). This time for Blu. Some of you may remember that Blu is the feral cat we rescued and relocated to a horse rescue farm in Pawling NY. Anyway, he (turned out to be a boy) was kept in the large dog crate for 8 weeks as to acclimate him to his new home. He was kept warm and safe with food and shelter and he was also neutered. 2 weeks ago after being crated for 8 weeks he was released with the hope he would return and become their barn cat with another barn cat they have on their farm. Well, that was 2 weeks ago and though they are leaving food out (and it is being eaten but remember their other barn cat is eating some if not all of it) they have not seen Blu since. We are all heartbroken and devastated. I was crying for most of last night when I found out and spent a sleepless night thinking about dear Blu. :cry:

Please, I need PS dust that Blu is safe and sound and will return to the farm where he will be OK. I keep imagining horrible scenarios and my mind will not quiet. And I am 100% responsible because I am the one who trapped Blu and found him the home on the horse rescue farm. Without my interference he might be OK back in his old environment (a state away-so if he is off to find it he will surely never make it and winter is here). :blackeye:

Sorry to interrupt the random comments thread once again talking about Blu but I believe in the power of PS dust so
anything you guys can spare would be so appreciated by me (and poor Blu).
I am adding a pic of Blu to refresh your memories and also so you can send all your good luck PS dust to him while visualizing his sweet sweet face. Thank you guys!!

YAY!!! Blu sighting on the farm!!!!! He's OK! We are so relieved and happy!!!! Please continue to think good thoughts for him!!Thanks!

ETA:Zoe, hope you feel better soon.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Missy! I'm so glad there's been a Blu sighting!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh Missy! I'm so glad he has been sighted! That's great news! He is probably just hiding out during the day and spending his nights catching mice. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1355267311|3328896 said:
Oh Missy! I'm so glad he has been sighted! That's great news! He is probably just hiding out during the day and spending his nights catching mice. :))

Thank you Zoe and HOT! I hope he remains safe and comfortable. I have never had any experience with feral cats before but the family who owns the horse rescue farm who adopted him have lots of experience. The owner was devastated when Blu didn't appear for the last 2 weeks after they released him. She finally emailed me Sunday night to let me know and ofc I was heartbroken (I had been wanting to email her and find out how he was doing since they released him 2 weeks ago but I was also nervous to do so and that's why I was waiting for her to let me know how he was doing since the release). So my emotions have been on a roller coaster the last few days and I just hope he decides to stay where he has food and shelter. Oh, how I wish I could just communicate with Blu and tell him he is loved and safe on the farm. ::)

Looking forward to you getting your DBTY HOT! :wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Missy! Me too :devil:

I just have to say I have had enough of sleeping with ear plugs in and my head under a pillow... I cannot stand my husbands constant snoring. :errrr: worse thing is he had surgery 2 months ago to stop it and its no Better! ;(

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oatmeal for breakfast again. I'm trying to be good where I can since all bets are off when I get to work and around all of the holiday snack offerings!

But - I am really craving some bacon!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Today one of my closest friend finds out what sex her very first baby is! I'm so excited! I've got my credit card out and ready to purchase either pink or blue for the baby's Christmas present!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't want to start a new thread with this question, but could someone elucidate for me the etiquette of notifying when you edit your own post after clicking the "submit" button? If I just want to fix a typo, should I always say "edited for spelling"?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1355885564|3335240 said:
I don't want to start a new thread with this question, but could someone elucidate for me the etiquette of notifying when you edit your own post after clicking the "submit" button? If I just want to fix a typo, should I always say "edited for spelling"?

I don't think there are any rules or understood rules. I just edit for as long as I can get away with it and don't say anything at all! :wink2: I'm thinking the only time it really matters is when you're participating in a heated argument and you want to make it clear that you weren't changing your post - i.e. your position - mid-stream, or after someone had already responded to it. Other than that... eh!

ETA :wink2: I'm curious to see what others think!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty|1355887625|3335265 said:
GemFever|1355885564|3335240 said:

I don't think there are any rules or understood rules. I just edit for as long as I can get away with it and don't say anything at all! :wink2: I'm thinking the only time it really matters is when you're participating in a heated argument and you want to make it clear that you weren't changing your post - i.e. your position - mid-stream, or after someone had already responded to it. Other than that... eh!

ETA :wink2: I'm curious to see what others think!

I'm with you, VRBeauty! I will ETA a post if I've added new info to it. But if I realize my stupid iPhone autocorrected me? Eh. It's one of those things where the correction-with-info will bug EVERYONE, whereas my once-over proofread? Only looks bad to the 1.5 people who clicked during that precise minute ....

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks VRBeauty and Circe. That sounds completely reasonable, I'll keep doing it this way. I just see detailed ETA info sometimes, and wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking some unspoken rule by not disclosing every minor edit.

Cheers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results