shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So I saw something on Pinterest today that I wanted to try out: grilled banana with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers pieces. It turned out really good. I used half of 1 low fat graham cracker. Here is the pic I took of mine:

461954_10101042674843133_192067115_o.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wishing you the best lisa.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh that looks very delish!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am so sorry about everything! (((HUGS))) sending lots of positive vibes your way!

AN, that looks tasty!

Enerchi, congrats on the successful dinner!!!

And for my random comment...I will have my ring in less than 48 hours! This ring has been a year in the making, I am so excited!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1344994098|3251572 said:
Lisa, I am so sorry about everything! (((HUGS))) sending lots of positive vibes your way!

AN, that looks tasty!

And for my random comment...I will have my ring in less than 48 hours! This ring has been a year in the making, I am so excited!

OOOHHHH!!! That's fantastic!!!! Can't wait for the SMTB big reveal... let the countdown begin.... woo hoo!!! :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1345029108|3251696 said:

AN, that looks tasty!

OOOHHHH!!! That's fantastic!!!! Can't wait for the SMTB big reveal... let the countdown begin.... woo hoo!!! :appl:

I will make sure to take lots of pics, I will probably do a SMTB thread on Friday or Saturday! :bigsmile:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So I was indexing some Hungarian vital records and was assigned some death records from 1947. Suddenly the date of death jumps back to 1944 and everyone is dying on the same day. I went 'uh oh' and scrolled over to see the place of death... Auschwitz .

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13 said:

AN, that looks tasty!

I will make sure to take lots of pics, I will probably do a SMTB thread on Friday or Saturday! :bigsmile:

Can't wait to see it!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1345049275|3251858 said:
armywife13 said:

AN, that looks tasty!

Can't wait to see it!!
Thanks, me either! Lol. It should be here tomorrow afternoon!!! :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like a wedding curse or jinx :(sad . Mom had an acute glaucoma attack a few years ago - it seemed to be regulating with drops, but took a turn for the worse before the engagement party in December. She needed eye surgery where, in my non-medical understanding, she had valves put in and lenses for early onset cataracts (as opposed to going in again 20 years form now). To not put a damper on the events, she scheduled her surgeries (left and right eyes) for after the engagement party.

Wedding is coming up in a few weeks (September 2), her birthday is in a little over a week. I called her yesterday to see if any more stragglers sent in wedding responses, and she let slip she was on her way to the doctors. When I asked her what for, she said she doesn't want to go into the details now, but she has to get a biopsy. She told me today that she found a lump, and didn't tell anyone, not even dad, till yesterday. She wants to put off the biopsy till after the wedding if it's going to be a big ordeal. If everything will be "simple", she will do it soon.

I'm an only child. We butt heads like crazy, and frankly, I think she's coco loco as a mother, but super cool as a "person" - everyone that's NOT her daughter has a great time with her. I KNOW I get my best from my mom (and yes, some bad traits too, but according to her, a child can't point them out to a mother that raised her doing the best she could! (must remember that for MY child - mom is perfect - OBEY!) :Up_to_something: ).

I have so thoroughly enjoyed pricescope and the learning experience about diamonds because that knowledge has transferred over to a journey that mom and I have both taken together - blinging her out after she has put everyone ahead of herself for over 30 years. I love talking about "mom's rings and blings" on Pricescope. IRL - I am so apathetic about her bling... gotta play it cool :lol: to drive her nuts - (Mom, that blinding ideal cut, eh... it's aight... :naughty: )

I don't know... this news is especially hard to swallow when I feel overwhelmed by the last minute wedding stuff, upcoming major presentations at work, and the usual hullabaloo that is life... I'm just glad that I decided to "do-it-up" for her birthday next Friday with some of those IDJ jackets as a partial "thank you" for paying for the wedding.

just saying... :(sad

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huggs to you and dust to your mother, Pinto Bean.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1344983619|3251486 said:
Thanks to all and Haven, I know I have your support. I have the support of my RL friends. I am supported beyond and then some. But at times the person you want ot have your back isn't here... Doesn't get it. You don't have cancer so lets move on.. Stop being negative.

After I helped him lose 20 pounds, read the pritiken diet and I have this illness??

Yeah not quite equal.

Have a great week. I am putting one foot in front of the other and will carry on.

You all are the best!!!! :kiss: :wavey: :cheeky:

xo Lisa

Lisa,
Sending positive energy your way! I hear your strength in your words. As you said, "putting one foot in front of the other.." I'd only worry about you if you were a man :Up_to_something: . That's why there's "girl power" not "boy power" :saint:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, pinto bean. :(sad I hope things take a turn for the better soon. Sending lots of dust for your mom.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Going to Hawaii for a week, bye all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Pinto- hope everything works out- sending PS dust your way!!

Have a great time in Hawaii Tuckins! Please bring back lots of photos!!

I'm so bummed right now. My Verizon Samsung Nexus stopped working yesterday late afternoon- the touch screen just became non responsive. I took the battery out and nada. Went to the Verizon store and they could not fix it so are overnighting me a replacement. Only problem is we are at the beach house this week so no doorman to accept the Fed Ex and signature is required and though I am leaving a note on the door it depends on the specific Fed Ex person who is delivering it. Sigh. And then, once I receive it I have to get all my stuff transferred and though it sounds easy I know it never is (very technologically challenged) so I am going to have to go back to the store and have them do it (hopefully they can because in the past they have never gotten it quite right). And the store is not close out here so lots of extra traveling and aggravation and I am frustrated that I am so dependent on my android! When did this all happen to me- I used to eschew all things like this and now I cannot live without them. ;(

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1345048544|3251857 said:
So I was indexing some Hungarian vital records and was assigned some death records from 1947. Suddenly the date of death jumps back to 1944 and everyone is dying on the same day. I went 'uh oh' and scrolled over to see the place of death... Auschwitz .

That sounds like a difficult job. I'm always sad to see death certificates.

Why were the 1944 records in with the 1947? Is that when the records were handed over?

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock

I'd love to hear more about this, Kismet. How did you get involved in indexing vital records? Is this a hobby or a job?

How very sobering it must have been to index these particular records.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa -- You are a strong woman. I'm sorry your husband isn't being very supportive. It doesn't make it any better, but I'm sure he just doesn't want to think about what you are facing and is scared about what may come in the future. I hope he's able to learn to handle his emotions and start giving you the support you need.

S'more with banana! MMmmmmm -- that looks yummy!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Okie_girl|1345134646|3252416 said:

I'd love to hear more about this, Kismet. How did you get involved in indexing vital records? Is this a hobby or a job?

It's just a hobby and anyone can volunteer. Being able to figure out old fashioned or just plain bad handwriting helps. Just go over to familysearch.org and sign up. They have all sorts of projects that need indexing.

It's bad enough when you see a string of babies that don't make it to their first birthday but this was pretty sobering.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1345134224|3252413 said:

That sounds like a difficult job. I'm always sad to see death certificates.

Why were the 1944 records in with the 1947? Is that when the records were handed over?

Well, genealogy is a hobby so it's not like I have to do it. The records are written in the order they're recorded and not in date of death order so I'm guessing it was 1947 when the town got official word of the deaths.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Kismet|1345136121|3252436 said:
Okie_girl|1345134646|3252416 said:

It's just a hobby and anyone can volunteer. Being able to figure out old fashioned or just plain bad handwriting helps. Just go over to familysearch.org and sign up. They have all sorts of projects that need indexing.

It's bad enough when you see a string of babies that don't make it to their first birthday but this was pretty sobering.

Thanks for the info! I'm somewhat into genealogy, so this sounds very interesting to me. I can imagine that the work can make you quite sad at times.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a great trip, Tuckins :wavey:

Kismet, that would be such a powerful impression- viewing those stats. I get very emotional with that time in history.

Missy! I know how frustrating that must be. Went thru that a few months ago with my BB , then got an iPhone. Ah! :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
(((HUGS))) PintoBean. Very stressful for you and your mom right now. I hope she gets a clean bill of health very soon! And...that your wedding plans fall perfectly into place :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1345117991|3252262 said:

I'm so bummed right now. My Verizon Samsung Nexus stopped working yesterday late afternoon- the touch screen just became non responsive. I took the battery out and nada. Went to the Verizon store and they could not fix it so are overnighting me a replacement. Only problem is we are at the beach house this week so no doorman to accept the Fed Ex and signature is required and though I am leaving a note on the door it depends on the specific Fed Ex person who is delivering it. Sigh. And then, once I receive it I have to get all my stuff transferred and though it sounds easy I know it never is (very technologically challenged) so I am going to have to go back to the store and have them do it (hopefully they can because in the past they have never gotten it quite right). And the store is not close out here so lots of extra traveling and aggravation and I am frustrated that I am so dependent on my android! When did this all happen to me- I used to eschew all things like this and now I cannot live without them. ;(

Thanks Missy!

WRT your phone, can you get your hands on a teen or tween to help you transfer everything over?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for all the positive msgs. It's like having little internet :saint: :saint: :saint: !

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
missy|1345117991|3252262 said:

How frustrating! I recently shattered the screen on my iphone ( :angryfire: ) and it was a pain transferring things over and resetting all of the perferences. Hopefully you will be able to get your phone this week and have as smooth of a transition as possible!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Pinto and armywife.
Great suggestion Pinto- I will remember that for the next time for sure!
Armywife- so sorry you went through something similar- what a pain these modern devices we cannot live without have become!

I got my new phone today and the contacts transferred immediately so that was great and it wasn't difficult to get my email accounts going fortunately. Unfortunately the pics from the camera on the first phone were not able to be transferred- I think it is because the touch screen was not working or something like that. Oh well, it could have been worse and I am relieved it is over and hopefully this phone will last a bit longer than the first!

I am so sad right now because there is a stray cat that comes around our backyard here- we just started seeing her on a more regular basis (we're usually only here on weekends but have been here this whole week). I think she is a calico and she always runs away when I go out to feed her (she is thin- I don't think anyone else in the neighborhood is feeding her which upsets me on a whole other level) but comes back for the food a few minutes later. So this has been happening just a few days so far and already she seems more friendly as she didn't leave tonight after I fed her but hung out looking in at me through the glass doors that lead to the backyard. I am afraid to try and engage her because I do not know of anyone who will take her. There are so many strays in this area and it breaks my heart. I am not asking for advice but just sharing my sadness at yet another stray. :(( :(( :((
Btw, I named her Blu. She is so precious.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Aww, poor kitty. I can't believe no one else is feeding her! Things like that make me so angry, I just don't understand how people can have so little compassion for animals. Luckly she had a kind person like you keeping an eye out for here. Are there any no-kill shelters/rescues in the area? Maybe she could go there...though I suppose they are full , since you mentioned there are so many strays in the area.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1345163461|3252740 said:
Aww, poor kitty. I can't believe no one else is feeding her! Things like that make me so angry, I just don't understand how people can have so little compassion for animals. Luckly she had a kind person like you keeping an eye out for here. Are there any no-kill shelters/rescues in the area? Maybe she could go there...though I suppose they are full , since you mentioned there are so many strays in the area.

Missy,

Try the no-kill shelters. I know the ones around me are full right now but it never hurts to ask. I spoke with lady who runs one around here and she said they are just swamped and having to turn cats away because so many people are struggling in this economy. I guess she's seen lots of people no longer able to care for their cats. So sad.

You might check around and see what services are in your area though. My mom found a place that has volunteers who can go out and help you catch the stray cats so they can go in for exams and spay/neuter. She has lots of strays in her area and does this with as many as she can. The vetrinarian does all of this free of charge. It may not give them a home, but at least you'll know they are disease free and won't be adding litters of kittens to the problem.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Testing!

pengd.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results