shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet Enerchi!

HOT I'm so sorry for your trauma. Fair play to your mum for understanding - it was nobody's fault.

I'm just home from a fantastic holiday. I had awful holiday blues this morning, but we got a rare day of sunshine, Katie Taylor is getting an Olympic medal for Ireland and I had a great catch-up with my girls so I'm cured. Just about...I'm still rather be back on the beach than be heading into work tomorrow. Better keep playing the lotto I suppose...

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi~ happy meeting anniversary!! That is so sweet that you celebrated by going out for icecream again. Here's to 30 more wonderful years for the both of you. :appl:

Porridge ~ Argh to the post holiday blues!! I'm sure work wont be too bad tomorrow once you get there. ;))

Porridge, Enerchi, Amy, Susan, thank you again.

We are in a better place now. Sorry i forgot to update about the GS. Mum took a few days to make up her mind and decided not to keep her. Her first reaction was that she would never be able to look at her again the same way. After a few days she decided that there would be no way that she could ever trust her around small animals. When she contacted the breeder all her could really say that he was sorry. He is refunding the money mum paid for her and i am assuming they will try to rehome her again.

We are begining to search for our own puppy now. Even though Pebbles was only with us for a week, she has sure left a big hole in our hearts that we are desperate to fill.

Enerchi, i'm not sure what it is like in the states but we are going to have to be very patient while waiting for a mini schnauzer puppy to become available! There is only a small handful of breeders in my home state and none are planning to breed again until next year. I have begun to look into eastern states breeders but then that comes with it's own perils of having the puppy shipped over etc.

I've already been 'exposed' to a puppy scam. Some lady wanting to find a good home for her late mothers two MS puppies. All we had to do was wire $800 to a 'shipping company' in Central Africa, for a puppy that was coming from another state in Australia.. :nono: I can't believe people actually fall for these scams. :sick:

melave

Shiny_Rock
HI all

HOT I am so sorry to read what you went through with your mum's dogs. It was definitely not your fault. I hope you have finally forgiven yourself. Good to hear your mum returned the GS

have you checked out this site for puppies? Most are interstate and i would do some checking on the breeders but there are a few litters for sale.
http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/schnauzer-miniature.asp

Also might be worth contacting the breed associations to ask. couldn't find one for WA though
http://www.schnauzerclubnsw.org.au/
http://www.schnauzerclubvic.com/
http://www.schnauzerclubsa.com/

I had to fly my dog up to me when she was a pup. I used dogtainers http://www.dogtainers.com.au/ and they were great!! They also flew my dog from the pilbara to the NT and back again, with overnight stays and they looked after her. My dog should have more frequent flyer points than me!!! It's not cheap to fly them, but they do a good job

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so angry and upset with MYSELF!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :nono: :nono: :nono: :(( :(( :((

On a recent holiday to Sydney, my very DH bought me (amongst other things) a silver DBTY from Tiffany's. It was to celebrate my first year in Australia. My Oziversary, if you will.

Well I loved it and didn't take it off apart from to shower and sleep. Unfortunately (and very unusually for me and Tiffany silver) it started to discolour.

So I took it back to the Perth Tiffany and exchanged it as well as upgraded it. I got the platinum version in 0.14 size. :love:

So long story short, the new one is back at Tiffany's after wearing it for two days, as I knew it needed to be extended a bit. No problem there.

Whilst missing it (badly) I decided to wear my tiny Tiffany Lock pendant that DH bought me for my birthday in December to match my tiffany lock bangle I got 5 days earlier for Christmas.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=26914671&mcat=148206&cid=675129&search_params=s+5-p+12-c+675129-r+101287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I was wearing it the day we bought the original silver DBTY. I couldn't find it. Searched everywhere. Then it dawned on me. It was in the box for the original silver DBTY that I returned. I stuck it underneath the white filler. :o :rolleyes: :((

Tiffany have been wonderful and searched for me, but to no avail. They have narrowed the box down to one other possibility (long story - won't bore you any longer!)

I will have to wait till next week to see if it is there. Doubt it.

It is not that expensive. I can replace it but it wouldn't be the same. I am so careful with my jewellery. If the original hadn't discoloured i would have found it by now.

Rant and Pity Party over. Carry on........ :lol: but still very :((

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
:o :o :o

Susan! Oh no I hope that Tiffany can find it for you! My fingers and toes are crossed. I love the tiffany DBTY, there are so gorgeous. Happy Oziversary! I hope you are still enjoying it here. Are you guys staying indefinitely or is it dependent on your DH's work?

Melave ~ thank you so much! I've been on dogs online and the Vic breeders site as we are going to Melbourne later in the year and I thought maybe we could bring a baby back with us in November, but I think I will look at the other states as well because I don't want to wait that long :cheeky:

Thanks for the shipping info too. I haven't looked into that company yet.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you HOT.

My mood keeps swinging from "poor me" to "stupid me!"

I'll update next week. Plus I will do a SMTB on my new DBTY. Hopefully I will have some good news to share on my lock.

We love it here and if the work continues for DH, we would be delighted to call this beautiful country home. We just have to wait another year or so to see how it all works itself out.

The only downside is being so far away from our families. Plus with the state if the economy back in Europe it has meant most of our potential visitors have not been able to come. I am hoping for a big Scottish contingent coming out next year. :bigsmile:

Looking forward to seeing a new HOT member of the furbaby variety in the not so distant future! :appl: Make sure you shower us with details!

:wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Susimoo - I completely know that feeling of panic and then it's your own fault - I've done that before with silver earrings! I was SOOO mad at myself because I stalked those for a few weeks (HA! :rolleyes: a few weeks - paltry compared to the months I stalk stones and settings for ! :wink2: ) I hope you find the box and some honest person does return the bracelet to you--- fingers crossed. Its such a yucky feeling to go thru.

HOT - wow - that's quite the tale about difficulties in Aus to find a MS puppy. I'm in Ontario, Canada and there are pages of breeders in our "Dogs Annual" magazine that's published. If I could, I'd ship one to you --- but that's just so wrong, I can't even complete that thought!!! :errrr: The right one will come along - the one that is meant to be your puppy. Unfortunately, it just takes time. You never know what could happen tho - life is funny that way!! And I'm so glad that your mom decided that safety was the prime concern and not to keep the GS. You just never know. She must be having a hard time too. Hope you are both working thru this ....

Porridge, how was day 1 & 2 back at work??? I just had a lovely 4 day weekend -- and even THAT was hard to go back from !

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must get ready to go to work.

It's supposed to reach 108 here today. Ugh!

How on earth am I supposed to dress to be comfortable in a <80 office, knowing that at the end of the day I'll have to walk 4 blocks to the car in 108 degree temps?

Don't mind my whining please. I really just don't want to go in to work today. But I must, so I'd better sign off and get ready!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really??? Are you kidding? Seriously? Come ON.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1344519657|3248450 said:

How on earth am I supposed to dress to be comfortable in a <80 office, knowing that at the end of the day I'll have to walk 4 blocks to the car in 108 degree temps?

Don't mind my whining please. I really just don't want to go in to work today. But I must, so I'd better sign off and get ready!

I survived! :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you VR? Are you in the midst of a heatwave or are these normal temps for your area? We are going thru a cold front now - our heat wave is over and we've finally got rain in the forecast.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1344560768|3248892 said:
Where are you VR? Are you in the midst of a heatwave or are these normal temps for your area? We are going thru a cold front now - our heat wave is over and we've finally got rain in the forecast.

California's Central Valley. 100+ is not unusual in the summer, but we've had a pretty mild summer and I guess I was getting used to it. We're supposed to have 100+ highs for several more days - I think this is our first real multi-day heat wave this summer!

Oh well... at least it is usually a "dry heat!"

Hooray for your rainy forecast!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Glad you survived VR! That heat sounds absolutely divine. It's winter here right now and even though it's actually not that cold, it's too cold for me! :errrr:

Enerchi~ how bout I come stay for 6 months and wait until the puppy is old enough to fly back? :cheeky: (I am kidding, the potential 4 hour flight across our country is enough to make me wary!)

Susan ~ glad you still love it :)) I'll keep my eye out for your thread!

Melave~ every. Single. One. Of those puppies listed on dogzonline is taken! :((

I love it when someone says something that I was just too chicken to say myself. ;))

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I see my boyfriend next week! I am so, so, so excited. Less excited that we don't exactly completely know when we're going to see each other again after that, but we've got plans. Now I just need the world to cooperate with them.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
VR, I'm glad you survived! I'm not sure if you saw my post after yours yesterday but it had nothing to do with what you had written. I was just venting about something.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1344559576|3248877 said:

only 101* today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1344602620|3249051 said:
VRBeauty|1344559576|3248877 said:

only 101* today.

I cannot wait for the temps to cool down. I worry though about what type of autumn we are in store for considering our mild mild winter and our very hot summer...Oh, moving to a dry and mild/cool climate is so so tempting...darn real life considerations! :knockout:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chilly!!! 101 - bring a sweater!! :wink2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1344602842|3249056 said:
Chilly!!! 101 - bring a sweater!! :wink2:

:lol:

Zoe - no worries!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My house smells awesome. I just made banana, blueberry, oat bread. Can't wait til it's done!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1344615986|3249186 said:
My house smells awesome. I just made banana, blueberry, oat bread. Can't wait til it's done!

That sounds SO good Zoe!

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
I just had a molar extracted and a bone graft and they were STINGY with the painkillers and it hurts. Waaaah!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am walking alone with my illness. I am angry, pissed but really what eslse could I have expected. I have the best docs, and wonderful friends. My husband has never been good with anything medical.

And on the other hand should have gone to medical school because I get the science behind it. I

have been told to get over it. That I am a zero. I feel sad those words were spoken to me.

I think when I die no one would describe me as such.

I am fighting a very rare illlness, and have all the best docs behind me. The problem is and thankfully so, not many are afflicted with it so it's on the back burner.

I understand the problem and I think 5 -10 years down the road the brain surgery will be to 70%? Right now there is botox, but have had some with bad reactions where they can't cose there eye.... So after a long brain surgery she had to go back and have weights inserted into her upper lids to allow them to close.

No not cancer but yes progressive illness.

And my husband cant have agood talk. 'I have been a lone for many deaths, am 50 and think I deserve someone who has empathy.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh, i hear your pain. i am sorry things are difficult for you. hope and prayers for a better tomorrow. :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh - I'm so sorry to hear of your pain and aloneness.

I can't think of too much worse than the feeling of being alone while you are in a relationship. You do deserve better, but I guess that doesn't help much, does it?

Huggs to you, dear.

I know this sounds trite, but... is couples counselling a possibility? Or talking to clergy? You DO deserve better, darn it!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We will do couples counseling. BUT the thing with him if it involves feeling or anything medical hes outta there......His life is playing golf them come home to the stepford wife and smile and have a jolly ole time...

NOOOOOO, no what I signed up for. He got into these clubs because of me,and has done stuff behind my back..

I have been though many challeneges in my life. Have always been there for everyone. Grandparents since I was married. I took care of our two gorgeous kids who had serious health problems.

But now some how this is just too much for him. :evil:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1344514948|3248421 said:
Porridge, how was day 1 & 2 back at work??? I just had a lovely 4 day weekend -- and even THAT was hard to go back from !
Slow...the sun turns my brain to mush apparently :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I am thinking of you and sending you lots of good vibes. I feel for you and want to tell you that I am keeping you in my thoughts. I don't know the illness you are dealing with but can empathize because I am dealing with a condition that there is no cure for and no real treatment and every day I am dealing with it- it never lets me forget- so I can understand at least a little bit of what you must be going through. The worst part for me is that others around me just don't "get it" and don't understand the very real pain because it doesn't manifest itself in an outwardly obvious way always (though sometimes). So I am going to keep you in my thoughts and close to my heart and I hope life gets easier soon and your dh can be there for you through it all. Lots of hugs!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Kaleigh.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh... just stay positive and everything will work out fine for ya. sending you lots of dust!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results