shape
carat
color
clarity

I just bought this Garnet. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stone/cut! I think you should NOT set it in a 4 prong setting because I dont think 4 prongs will accentuate those 10 sides. I think if you do either a very very delicate 10-prong setting (with very delicate and sharp claw prongs at every corner, or a bezel that is very precise and delicate, either one will show off your 10 sided stone.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unexpectedly, I received the stone today, and I even ended up setting it today. So I''m wearing my new ring!!!
6.gif

I''ll leave you in suspense while I try to take some pictures
31.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay, it looks gorgeous. can''t wait to see pics.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
*click* refresh*click*refresh*click*refresh*

WHERE''S THE PICTURE?????

Inquiring minds want to know!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto!
Date: 6/20/2008 9:05:20 PM
Author: LostSapphire
*click* refresh*click*refresh*click*refresh*

WHERE''S THE PICTURE?????

Inquiring minds want to know!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I have the worst indoor lighting and just could not get good pictures! Here are a few until I can get better pictures during the day outside.

First, photo showing closest to its true color. Compared to the photo, it turned out to be less pink and more purple which I love. It looked more pink outside but right now it''s much more purple.

newring03.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ended up getting a very delicate squarish halo with pear shaped "shoulders" (don''t know what I would call them).

newring01.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Close up. This is more like the color it looks outside during the day.

newring02.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Terrible color but to show the profile. I actually don''t like high settings and thought this was too high, but now that I''m wearing it it actually doesn''t seem too bad. Gives it a nice presence.

newring04.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More profiles.

That''s it for now. I''m really loving it, the stone is gorgeous and the color is just right. After I found the setting and we decided to get it, I had some second thoughts because we made our decision so quickly (it took months to find the setting for my e-ring!) but I''m actually really liking it now. I''ve always admired the delicate halos I see here and my dream would''ve been LM setting, but that definitely was way out of our budget right now.

I would''ve never gotten this if it weren''t for this forum! I blame you all!
31.gif
9.gif

newring05.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH it is BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Everything about it is perfect! And it looks great in that setting! Where is the setting from?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It''s sooo beautiful! I love that setting too!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWWW!! Gorgeous!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring! I love the colour and shape of the garnet, truly.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is LOVELY - and you have beautiful hands to show it off on as well!

Where did you find the setting?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Setting is actually from a random jeweler on 47th street. I say random because I knew nothing about this place and it just happened to be one of many places we looked in. My FI and I walked around the diamond district yesterday to find an inexpensive simple setting to set the stone to, and find setting ideas so we can find something like it later. We actually didn''t think we would be setting it in a permanent setting, we neither wanted to wait that long nor spend so much money right now.

But what do you know, we found this one and while my FI had some reservations (he thought the halo should be larger) I just loved it. And once set, both the setting and the stone look so much better than I had expected
1.gif

Now the only problem is, it looks so beautiful and amazing, I''m wanting more!
9.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Freakin'' Sweet! That turned out lovely BabyBlue033
36.gif
Great colour and a precision cut
2.gif

When you see the quality and the great pricing of the custom cutters it puts a whole new spin on gemstone jewelry (at least it did for me
3.gif
)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 10:41:13 PM
Author: Babyblue033
More profiles.

That''s it for now. I''m really loving it, the stone is gorgeous and the color is just right. After I found the setting and we decided to get it, I had some second thoughts because we made our decision so quickly (it took months to find the setting for my e-ring!) but I''m actually really liking it now. I''ve always admired the delicate halos I see here and my dream would''ve been LM setting, but that definitely was way out of our budget right now.

I would''ve never gotten this if it weren''t for this forum! I blame you all!
31.gif
9.gif
We''re all only here to enable each other you know!!
2.gif

Beautiful setting. Thank you for the pics

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I
30.gif
it. It is just gorgeous!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2008 9:39:53 PM
Author: Pieface
When you see the quality and the great pricing of the custom cutters it puts a whole new spin on gemstone jewelry (at least it did for me
3.gif
)
Seriously, I don''t think I realized how beautiful gemstone jewelry can actually be. I mean nothing I''ve looked at in all the mall stores made my heart sing the way this ring does. I can''t stop staring at it!

How lucky am I, I got to have 2 e-rings, 1 with diamond and 1 with colored stone! Best of both worlds
9.gif

LostSapphire, you have no idea. I''m already looking for my next one
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!
P.S. Your cat is adorable.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! You did great!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Don''t worry about making the setting decision quickly. With all of your PS experience, you are that much more ready to recognize the right thing when it appears!!

Toreo

Rough_Rock
Wow. I can''t even describe how much I love this setting!!! Is there any way you could take a bunch more pictures? Like lots of different angles and the back and everything? It would be my dream to have this custom made with a radiant center stone... Oh wow!

Toreo

Rough_Rock
I keep coming back to this! Wow, you are so lucky!
Do you know the total weight of diamonds on it? Is that in platinum?
What was the name of the store you found it in?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This ring is stunning!! I have to stop spending so much time on PS... My husband is going to kill me!!
28.gif
(Gives me too many ideas- Hah!)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love garnets!
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohhh I missed your ring before, and I looooove it! Such a cool setting.

Annnnd can I say, I also have a garnet on the way from he who must not be named. It''s a different color from yours though, Babyblue.
11.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a gorgeous stone and the setting really does it justice.

He Who Must Not be Named (loved that!) has beautiful stones and quite nice prices. I have a sphene that he cut and it is very, very nice. Now, if only I could work up the nerve to actually have it set and to wear it...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
BB03 - I, too, fell in love with your beautiful garnet, and purchased a similar colored one from the unnamed cutter. It is currently with my jeweler who has accepted the challenge of trying to set this unusual 9-sided stone. I''ll try to get a new thread going soon, but have been on vacation a lot recently.

Hooray for you, you are truly an enabler!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results