shape
carat
color
clarity

I just bought this Garnet. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just made my very first gemstone purchase!

I'm hoping to make a ring with it, to wear while my e-ring is being repaired/rebuilt, and then wear it as a RHR. For both budget reasons and because I want the ring right away, I think I'll put this in a simple 4 prong solitaire. What do you guys think? I think I would love to eventually do a custom setting, maybe LM?
31.gif

pl_614_detail_1.png

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This was my inspiration and first love. I saw it here, but for the life of me cannot remember who it was.

JW stone.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
That is a Jeff White creation.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 7:07:46 PM
Author: Babyblue033
This was my inspiration and first love. I saw it here, but for the life of me cannot remember who it was.

That might be Gemlover''s tanga garnet from acstones? Not sure though. I love the color on yours, as well as the shape.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
from Jeff's website.

Baby Blue: You've purchased a LOVELY coloured stone!

Congratulations!

foo11.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry I wasn''t clear in my post. I''m aware that the stone was cut by Jeff White (LOVELOVELOVE his stones!) but I actually downloaded that picture from here and thought someone here owned it? I had initially emailed Jeff White because I thought about getting something similar, but then I found the other one which was available right away AND in my budget so I decided to get that instead. I''m excited to see how it looks in real life
1.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
No worries! I just wanted to be sure the "cutter" who did the stone got the credit!
2.gif

When do you get yours? Plans to set it right away or are you going to wait?

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
The stone looks very nice BabyBlue033. I''m guessing it''s from a vendor we can''t mention here judging by the style of cut. I hope it is as nice in person as it looks in the photo
1.gif

Make sure you update us with some pic''s when you have it in hand!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2008 8:19:03 PM
Author: LostSapphire
No worries! I just wanted to be sure the ''cutter'' who did the stone got the credit!
2.gif

When do you get yours? Plans to set it right away or are you going to wait?
Oh absolutely. I meant to mention that it''s JW stone and I didn''t know who actually owned it but it came out wrong
2.gif

I just ordered it so hopefully I''ll get it some time this week. I really hope to set this into a ring ASAP, so I can wear it in place of my e-ring. It''s hard to give up my e-ring when I JUST received it! This will be something to ease the pain
2.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2008 8:38:55 PM
Author: Pieface
I''m guessing it''s from a vendor we can''t mention here judging by the style of cut. I hope it is as nice in person as it looks in the photo
1.gif
Oh no, I wasn''t aware of that. Am I breaking rules or something by posting this?
6.gif

I thought I initially got their information from a PS thread, although I can''t remember now.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
The stone looks very nice BabyBlue033. I''m guessing it''s from a vendor we can''t mention here judging by the style of cut. I hope it is as nice in person as it looks in the photo
1.gif

huh?

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don''t know either
7.gif
But I did notice that whenever I tried to post something with their name, it gave me an error message and wont let me post. I thought it was a weird fluke but now I''m wondering if there''s a reason for that?

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
It's something a ran afoul of early in my time here. It's fine (as far as I know) to post your images Babyblue but if you try to link to that vendors (if I'm correct, which I'm pretty sure I am as I had a sneaky peek there
2.gif
) website or type in the name the board software won't let you post. I don't know the reasons and I'm not particularly interested but a board mod emailed me about it as I was getting frustrated that my posts wouldn't go through on a particular thread. I'd say to have a crack but apparently it flags up to the mod's so I imagine that would just create more work for them
6.gif

I'm sure the stone will be nice
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

+1 re everything.

movie zombie

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oy, and I kept on trying because I thought it was some wacky computer error
6.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Teehee! No harm done
1.gif
I know it confused heck out of me when I couldn''t get my posts to work!

The important thing now is to get your hands on it and post some pics
18.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
My spessartite is the same cut and I love it. I have a feeling your going to be very happy with that stone. Plz post pics when you get it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a very nice garnet!! I''d love to see pictures when you get it!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Lovely and beautiful cut - is it a rhodolite or an umbalite?

I'm pretty sure I know who the cutter is and I like his work a lot.

Stat's please!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUM, It''s GORGEOUS!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! I''d love to see how you plan to set it.

Why wouldn''t you be able to post where you got it?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 2:57:28 PM
Author: Addy
It''s beautiful! I''d love to see how you plan to set it.

Why wouldn''t you be able to post where you got it?
I may be wrong, but I believe that particular vendor was banned for not following forum rules.

And yes, it is a lovely stone.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah apparently the vendor has been banned so I can''t mention their name. I had no idea!

Anyway, here''s more info on the stone:
"Umbalite Garnet - 2.56 ct. The Umbalite’s are Rhodolite garnets from the Umba area of Tanzania. The color of this stone is just a bit better too, as it has more of a purple color to it. This one measures 8.5 mm. Color 5, Clarity 5"

I work right by the Diamond District. Should I bring this to ERD to set it? I just don''t know who else to go to, even though I think I''m just going for the simple setting at this time.

Gem Lover

Rough_Rock
That is just beautiful. I love the cut and color. I''m confused though. Who is the cutter? Or is that what can''t be mentioned? I swear, I do usually comprehend pretty well. Sometimes my brain is just slow.
emembarrassed.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a gorgeous stone! Lovely color. ahhhh garnets!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice colour and cut! What''s there to not like?
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rich and saturated colour. Enjoy!
36.gif

ptorraca

Rough_Rock
That''s one nice garnet. If it''s from the cutter I think its from (initials would be PG). I''ve had the chance to look over his stock in person. His pictures are trustworthy.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It''s been shipped!!!
36.gif
It was shipped yesterday so I doubt I''ll be getting it this week, but it''s on its way! Just in nick of time too as I''ll be putting my lovely e-ring in the mail tomorrow back to the jeweler. My FI and I might meet up for lunch tomorrow (we both work near diamond district) and go for a quick browse to find the setting for it.

Any setting idea will be most appreciated. I''m hesitant to spend too much money on it since we just got our e-ring, but my FI says we can spend a little more if we can get something I really love. Any tips on shopping for a setting? I''m a total novice!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Have a look at Stuller - I''ve just ordered a couple of their settings (or rather I chose them and Wink is ordering them - I hope!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results