shape
carat
color
clarity

I just bought this Garnet. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goosness, I love the finished version. It''s absolutely gorgeous!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
wow,wow,wow!
30.gif

I''m not really a huge fan of halos but that is just magnificent. I adore the cut and colour of your stone!

I''m currently having an aqua set in a ring and if I had seen yours sooner there''s a good chance I''d be imitating the design.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For everyone who asked where I got the setting from, honestly, I don''t even remember the store name of the store, as I literally just randomly walked into it. But it was on 47th street diamond district in NYC and they said they had purchased it from a show. It''s white gold and I really don''t have much more information on it (I know, bad bad me
2.gif
)

Date: 7/27/2008 8:03:11 AM
Author: icekid
ohhh I missed your ring before, and I looooove it! Such a cool setting.

Annnnd can I say, I also have a garnet on the way from he who must not be named. It''s a different color from yours though, Babyblue.

OHHHH that''s exciting! Did you buy it from his website or had it custom cut? I''m so addicted to that site, if you told me which one I''d probably know!
9.gif

Date: 7/28/2008 9:15:03 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
That is a gorgeous stone and the setting really does it justice.

He Who Must Not be Named (loved that!) has beautiful stones and quite nice prices. I have a sphene that he cut and it is very, very nice. Now, if only I could work up the nerve to actually have it set and to wear it...

How funny that even tho he shall not be named, everyone all seems to know exactly who I''m talking about! LOL. You should totally set yours though! It''s been over a month and I''m still starring at mine all the time.

Date: 7/28/2008 10:47:18 AM
Author: Fly Girl
BB03 - I, too, fell in love with your beautiful garnet, and purchased a similar colored one from the unnamed cutter. It is currently with my jeweler who has accepted the challenge of trying to set this unusual 9-sided stone. I''ll try to get a new thread going soon, but have been on vacation a lot recently.

Hooray for you, you are truly an enabler!!!

LOL! You''re not the only one. My co-worker saw mine and had him custom cut a beautiful Morganite. I get compliments on it all the time and now everyone wants to know where they can get one too. He should give me a special discount
2.gif
Did you buy one that''s very similar in coloring with slightly different cut? I had my eye on that one as soon as it showed up on the website but it got sold very quickly so I was wondering...
9.gif

Thank you everyone for your compliments. For my very first colored stone project this turned out better than I could''ve ever imagined and had pushed me into being addicted to gemstones in general
6.gif
You''d be happy to know that I now have a matching garnet in 4-5 ct range in the works, to be set into a pendant eventually. See how dangerous this is?
3.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My sphene was love at first sight. In fact, I think I bought it the same day it went up on the site. I was really after a sphene but just hadn''t fallen in love with any until then.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
as most know, i''m not a big fan of halos.....however, your ring still let''s the color stone be the star of the show. congratulations!

movie zombie

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 1:21:04 PM
Author: Babyblue033

Date: 7/28/2008 10:47:18 AM
Author: Fly Girl
BB03 - I, too, fell in love with your beautiful garnet, and purchased a similar colored one from the unnamed cutter. It is currently with my jeweler who has accepted the challenge of trying to set this unusual 9-sided stone. I''ll try to get a new thread going soon, but have been on vacation a lot recently.

Hooray for you, you are truly an enabler!!!

LOL! You''re not the only one. My co-worker saw mine and had him custom cut a beautiful Morganite. I get compliments on it all the time and now everyone wants to know where they can get one too. He should give me a special discount
2.gif
Did you buy one that''s very similar in coloring with slightly different cut? I had my eye on that one as soon as it showed up on the website but it got sold very quickly so I was wondering...
9.gif

Yes, that was me.
9.gif
I haven''t been buying garnets at all, but I just loved the color of yours. When I saw that amazing garnet that looked like a sister to yours, I jumped. But, yours has 10 sides, and mine has 9, so setting it will be interesting.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Well gosh darn, some of us have no idea who the nameless one is
7.gif

Can you drop a hint or something?

I
30.gif
your new ring. I think you found exactly the right setting.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 3:25:12 PM
My sphene was love at first sight. In fact, I think I bought it the same day it went up on the site. I was really after a sphene but just hadn''t fallen in love with any until then.
I looove sphene... it''s on my list
9.gif
are there photos of your stone??

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 5:25:04 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Well gosh darn, some of us have no idea who the nameless one is
7.gif

Can you drop a hint or something?

I
30.gif
your new ring. I think you found exactly the right setting.
Out of respect for the vendors that do follow policies, we do not allow those who do not to be mentioned.

Please do not mention/link or otherwise hint or ask for such.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/28/2008 5:38:49 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 7/28/2008 3:25:12 PM
I looove sphene... it''s on my list
9.gif
are there photos of your stone??
I''ll try to take some decent photos but I am not good at macro photography. In fact, I have to use my point and shoot, as I never bought a macro lens for my SRL...

After all, I must pay my dues to PS, mustn''t I?
1.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My sphene:

Sphene 3.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sorry for the bad picture, I''m still getting the hang of this.

Hopefully this one will come out better.

Sphene 5.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 10:52:31 PM

Sweet! Love the colors and the great shape.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 10:52:31 PM

That''s definitely a great start.. it looks beautiful!! Thanks for taking pictures for us
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 1:21:04 PM
Author: Babyblue033

OHHHH that''s exciting! Did you buy it from his website or had it custom cut? I''m so addicted to that site, if you told me which one I''d probably know!
9.gif

Babyblue- I missed this before! It''s green..... and round! And destined to become a pendant
36.gif
I need to drop him an email and find out if he shipped yet; I am waiting quite impatiently, as always.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, gorgeous ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring/stone! I love how it turned out! Beautiful!

That sphene is gorgeous too. Love the shape! It reminds me of a Cognac diamond!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow Lady, what a stone! I love that shape, it''s so much fun!
36.gif
Now you just have to brainstorm a setting idea!

There''s a rough that can cut a matching stone with mine, but in a larger size (4-5 ct) and I gave an ok to cut it a few days ago. So I''m just shaking in my pants with anticipation of my new sparkly!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2008 9:15:03 AM
That is a gorgeous stone and the setting really does it justice.

He Who Must Not be Named (loved that!) has beautiful stones and quite nice prices. I have a sphene that he cut and it is very, very nice. Now, if only I could work up the nerve to actually have it set and to wear it...
ack, this is driving me nuts...can you at least give initials? I can probably figure it out.

Lovely ring and setting!!! Very droolworthy BB!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this thread is dead but if not and anyone can help, that''d be great...

BabyBlue (or anyone with similar experience) - when you walk into a store with a stone already cut and ready to be set, if you pick a setting they have already in stock, what is the average turnaround for them to set it and give it back as a ring? Babyblue sounded like it was all done the same day, but I''m new at this, so I wasn''t sure if that''s how it can work. I''m looking at doing the same thing, and will probably be picking a simple setting, nothing custom, and bring in a gemstone. And can pretty much any B&M general jewelry store do that? Thanks!!
21.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 9:45:03 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Not sure if this thread is dead but if not and anyone can help, that''d be great...

BabyBlue (or anyone with similar experience) - when you walk into a store with a stone already cut and ready to be set, if you pick a setting they have already in stock, what is the average turnaround for them to set it and give it back as a ring? Babyblue sounded like it was all done the same day, but I''m new at this, so I wasn''t sure if that''s how it can work. I''m looking at doing the same thing, and will probably be picking a simple setting, nothing custom, and bring in a gemstone. And can pretty much any B&M general jewelry store do that? Thanks!!
21.gif
Depending on the setting (ie: as long as they can find a stock item), couple of weeks.

LS

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2008 9:45:03 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

21.gif
My experience is VERY limited (this is only my second ring, and my first was a custom that took 6 weeks) but in this particular case I walked into the store in diamond district with my garnet and walked out with a completed ring all within a few hours. I found a setting I loved that happened to fit my stone perfectly, and they resized the ring and set my garnet into it in about an hour. I have no idea how common it is to be able to do that though.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is just gorgeous.. and I *love* your finished ring!

x x x

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This forum is killing me! I MUST have a colored gemstone halo ring! Gorgeous!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Awesome finished ring!!!!!

Lori

historychick

Shiny_Rock
first off your ring is beautiful!!!
secondly, I know I might be missing something but why can''t we name this cutter when we talk about other cutters all the time and more importantly how''s a girl supposed to find he who must not be named if no one ever says who he is or lists his website? This is all quite confusing. Help.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 10:18:48 PM
Author: historychick
first off your ring is beautiful!!!

secondly, I know I might be missing something but why can't we name this cutter when we talk about other cutters all the time and more importantly how's a girl supposed to find he who must not be named if no one ever says who he is or lists his website? This is all quite confusing. Help.
This particular vendor was banned for intentionally violating Pricescope policies. As I posted previously in this thread; out of fairness and respect for the many vendors that do make the effort to post within the policies, we do not allow any mention of those who have chosen to break the rules.
We have allowed Babyblue to share her ring as a courtesy and expect everyone to respect the decision as such.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results