clarity

I just bought a ring, and google has made me worry

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1465062215|4040168 said:
rubybeth|1465050939|4040111 said:
Dancing Fire|1465004709|4039957 said:
OPXur|1464973888|4039839 said:
Think I'd like to keep it under $4.5k. Which at Kay means I can spend ~$6k before tax.
Return your ring now! . ..Don't waste anymore $$$ at Kay's... :knockout:

I wouldn't even worry about the trade in. Get some diamond earrings, a pendant, a bracelet, or even a wedding band with that trade in instead.

exactly! I wouldn't worry about the trade in. My husband got his tungsten wedding band at Kay and loves it. I'd just get something else from there that isn't an e-ring diamond with the trade in. But as a PSA, DONT get a diamond wedding band from there if you get a wedding set elsewhere (of better quality). I made that mistake to save $, and the band from Kay looked "dead" all the time. I basically recommend avoiding all of their diamonds and trading in the ring for a non-diamond item.

Good point. I was thinking plain gold or platinum wedding bands for him/her.

fair75

Rough_Rock
Do not purchase any diamond that is not GIA or AGS certified. Any other labs will misrepresent the quality of a diamond. A good starting point will be vendors like James Allen, Brian Gavin and Whiteflash. Stick with diamonds that are GIA Triple Excellent and AGS Triple 0. Then enter the following criteria to further refine your search.

Table % 54-57
Total depth % 60-61.9
Crown angle 34-35
Pavilion angle 40.6-40.8

You will notice that after inputting these parameters, the number of diamonds that show up will not be as many. This is normal because ideal cut diamonds that many people on this forum will consider represent approximately 5% of the diamonds out there. Ideally, if the diamonds you are interested don't have idealscope or ASET scope images, you can try to request one. Good luck on your search!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results