shape
carat
color
clarity

I have fallen in love w/ a pink/brown diamond. make it stop.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I have fallen in love w/ a pink/brown diamond. make it s

Bump Diddie Bump Bump for CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock

kenny|1298055242|2854845 said:
Bump Diddie Bump Bump for CherryBlossom
hahaha I actually did what you said and am getting lots of videos from vendors. Searching searching searching. that's why i've been MIA from PS... I've been spending all my free time researching these lil jolly ranchers. BTW I need to figure out how to set up my PS account so that I know when someone replies to me w/out sending me an email. how do I do that? I didn't even know a bunch of other people replied on this thread.

I'm also going to visit with a vendor that I found here on PS... in fact I would never have heard of him if it had not been for Angietaren, who posted this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-crafting-my-victor-canera-ring-from-scratch.155293/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-crafting-my-victor-canera-ring-from-scratch.155293/[/URL] I would never have heard of Victor Canera. I've been speaking to him for a little while now and let him know that I am interested in colored diamonds and he has access to some nice pieces. So he's scheduled me in for a 2-3 hour meeting (marathon session) to show me lots of pretty things and help me make up my mind about how to move forward. I am still pretty indecisive.

I've been very impressed w/ Victor Canera from what i've seen so far, he's a great communicator and very quick to reply via email/phone. What do you think of his work? should I trust him w/ designing my ring? I have not had a chance to see a lot of his work... but I like what I have seen.

I was so happy to find out that he's right in Downtown LA jewelry district, so I'm just going to go by there and hang out at his shop to scope it out. Should I make a thread about my visit? maybe i'll get lucky and he'll let me take some pictures. What are some really important things for me to ask him? I need help!!

BTW if I did go this route would it be tacky/ugly to do a yellow gold band instead of rose gold? the more I look at rose gold the more my mom's words "it looks like copper" penetrate my mind. But I think white gold might be a bit too icy cold for it. What say you PS?

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock

missydebby|1297841973|2852968 said:
OMG... this just came on their site and looks perfect for you:
http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/4776.htm

!!!!

Yes, this is a contender for sure and I fell in love with too. I've had some additional pictures/certificates from my top three sent to me (like Kenny told me to do hehe) this one is a very very beautiful stone @ a pretty good price. In other words I have my eyes all over it.

satbeachbill

Rough_Rock

I love FCD's too. I'm just mezmorized by the incredible colors, especially the yellows. We've been dealing with our favorite jeweler for many many years, purchasing regular colorless diamonds, but have taken the leap for the yellows.
I've lurked and read on this site for quite some time but rarely post.
We recently had a ring made and received it 2 weeks ago. Have the stones been to GIA?..no.... but I've seen enough stones over the last 20 years to know what to look for, and absolutely trust my jeweler with his opinion. Some may stop reading this right here, that's ok, because: 1.the ring makes us happy, 2,3,4,5,.........see #1. Hesitate to post pics, for fear of being crucified, but if anyone who like to see.................?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

satbeachbill|1309878632|2961939 said:
I love FCD's too. I'm just mezmorized by the incredible colors, especially the yellows. We've been dealing with our favorite jeweler for many many years, purchasing regular colorless diamonds, but have taken the leap for the yellows.
We recently had a ring made and received it 2 weeks ago. Have the stones been to GIA?..no.... but I've seen enough stones over the last 20 years to know what to look for, and absolutely trust my jeweler with his opinion. Some may stop reading this right here, that's ok, because: 1.the ring makes us happy, 2,3,4,5,.........see #1. Hesitate to post pics, for fear of being crucified, but if anyone who like to see.................?

I'd love to see pics.
I'm an FCD junkie.
Here's my menagerie [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/[/URL]

Start a thread in the Colored Stones forum with your pics.
That seems to be where FCD conversations get slightly more interest than here on Rocky Talk.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

Yes please post. Either here or there will do. You get different responses so its quite fun. Kenny's the expert, i'm just the creepy FCD stalker. :tongue:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ain't no expert.
I'm just a nutjob just bought some insane stuff. :wavey:

satbeachbill

Rough_Rock

Ok, here goes, go easy on me. The center stone is a fancy light yellow 2.01 modified radiant, 7.50 x 7.00 x 4.30, VS2. Sides are a pair of trapizoids, H, VS2 =tcw 1.04, surrounded by 60 stones H, SI1, .80 tcw, in 18 k , size 8:

100_1505.jpg

satbeachbill

Rough_Rock

and a hand shot:

100_1519.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mmmm!
Wow!
Gorgeous diamond and ring and pics too.
More please. :lickout:

You need to start a thread on Colored Stone forum and Show Me The Bling!!!

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock

CherryBlossom|1298055994|2854853 said:
missydebby|1297841973|2852968 said:
OMG... this just came on their site and looks perfect for you:
http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/4776.htm

!!!!

Yes, this is a contender for sure and I fell in love with too. I've had some additional pictures/certificates from my top three sent to me (like Kenny told me to do hehe) this one is a very very beautiful stone @ a pretty good price. In other words I have my eyes all over it.

It's marked sold, as is the original cushion you posted... have you bought one of these??

iota15

Brilliant_Rock

satbeachbill|1309878632|2961939 said:

SBB - why in the world would we crucify you? ;-) To be honest, in person, I don't need an Aset or extra reports to judge a fancy cut either. You've just seen enough to know if it's good or not. I can judge what I see in person, an for me, an appraisal afterwards lets me know whether I bought at an appropriate price.

And please - more pics of your delicious fancies!!!! That's quite a yellow you have there.

I'm also wondering if Cherry bought the original pink she lusted over. It's sold.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty.

satbeachbill

Rough_Rock

Thanks all, we worked long and hard for that one!! ...maybe one more shot:

100_1521.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results