shape
carat
color
clarity

I hate my ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brellymom

Shiny_Rock
engagement rings are tough. on this site there are guys who are looking to purchase a ring that symbolizes their love for their SO and sometimes they are in tune to what she wants and sometimes they are not. I have been married 30 years and my first ering was super tiny - we were poor and it was all we could afford. I lost it and went for a long time without. I now have a 2.39 RB and I love it. BUT if I had left it to my DH, then and now, i absolutely would not have gotten what I want. His taste is very ornate, my is simple. He HATES to spend money, I have no such problems. I have the ring I have today because I went out and bought it - with his blessing. He absolutely does not "get" why it is important to me, why I wanted to spend so much to get just what I want, and he never would have done it on his own. But he loves me enough to be on board with my wishes.

In many ways I was lucky - I shudder to think what he would have picked out way back then had we had $$ and he was left to his own devices. So I say, think the best - assume he went to the woman he trusted to be helpful without making fun of him (his mom), she picked out something she thought would be lovely. He probably didn''t want to push back and here you are. It''s a lovely ring - would be beautiful on a special occasion as a RHR. Search for your dream ring yourself and share your heart with him - some day the original ering will be a lovely gift to your daughter with a great story about how you guys learned to deal with symbolic issues!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I think it''s a troll too. Got me this time, because I remember seeing a ''Muffin Top'' here on PS, so I thought this was a valid post. Except, this person is a mufiin top.

I hope you have a good medical insurance plan, because you''re going to need a lot of psych evals/therapy.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DONT FEED THE TROLL

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see the similarity between the two threads
33.gif

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Yaytacori, I got overwhelmed by this thread but appreciated your supportive words. Many Thanks :)

And to the many on here that I am too overwhelmed to respond to, thanks also. And no, I don''t hate my husband. And yes, Indian culture is very different. But I could say equally negative things about Americans as what might be said about Indians that most Americans don''t even realize because they never step too far outside their comfort zones. I''m very blessed to have my husband and was wrong to put my one-sided rant on the forum. Thanks anyways to those who have offered some ideas.

I will post my new ring if and when I succeed in getting it:)

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
And to KAMA S, let''s just say that I''m not a troll, and I don''t appreciate your comments.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 10:47:37 PM
Author: risingsun
Is anyone truly debating that there are cultures which treat women as having little value and their role is society is circumscribed7
33.gif
Political correctness has become so accepted that we can no longer speak the truth about cultures which demean their own members, as well as others. When a women marries outside of her culture, some people make assumptions that she is marrying ''into'' her husband''s culture. In my view, they are becoming a part of each other''s culture. Did the husband''s lavish wedding, from his culture, serve as a bride price? When did she give up her rights as a woman and an individual. Why are her wishes of little or no importance? Why should she have to give away her sense of self?

Of course, not every person from a specific culture behaves in the same manner; however, unequal treatment of women does exist. I don''t think it is helpful to blame the woman. Since when do we take women''s rights for granted.
I haven''t read the entire thread yet, but +1 to this statement.

Off to read....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, it is absurd you can't acknowledge real cultural differences any more without people getting their panties in a wad.

Just because people are equal does not make them the same.

(Carl Jung said something to that effect.)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are all missing the point of my objections completely.
38.gif

ETA I mean the most recent commenters.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/31/2009 12:28:04 PM
Author: mufiin_top
Yaytacori, I got overwhelmed by this thread but appreciated your supportive words. Many Thanks :)

And to the many on here that I am too overwhelmed to respond to, thanks also. And no, I don''t hate my husband. And yes, Indian culture is very different. But I could say equally negative things about Americans as what might be said about Indians that most Americans don''t even realize because they never step too far outside their comfort zones. I''m very blessed to have my husband and was wrong to put my one-sided rant on the forum. Thanks anyways to those who have offered some ideas.

I will post my new ring if and when I succeed in getting it:)
You are very welcome muffin_top. We wish you all the best. We all go thru periods in our life where we wonder "where has my life gone... why has it turned into this" but then we step back and look at the happy times and sometimes we realize it was just a hard phase. We just need to be optimistic and hope for the best.

We hope to see you soon happier and satisfied! You seem to be feeling much better tho! Happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results