Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

I color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Here I go again.....

What do y''all think about I color? .845ct, si1 - all inclusions off to the side. Cut advisor gave it a 1.1. For this size, I require a bargain right now......will most likely upgrade again sometime down the road.

Any thoughts?

-Melissa

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Howdy Mel! Welcome aboard!
Sounds very nice! Can you post additional data, as crown, pavilion, girdle, polish, sym, fluor, lab?

acf135

Rough_Rock
I just bought an I color AGS000 H&A that scored a 1.9 on the HCA and it looks white to me. It's mounted in platinum and I can't even see a hint of color unless I hold it next to a F-G or above. I think if it has a good cut the tint will be less noticable. Also, it doesn't have any fluorecence.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If it's a great cut it can face up very white. *If* it's a great cut.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a nice stone......good job! I color should be fine given the outstanding cut.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
An extremely well CUT I color diamond can be a great bargain and face up white even when set in white gold or platinum.

Post info/specs, including crown and pavillion angles, on your diamond for more detailed opinions.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I'm more than happy to post the detailed specs!

Carat 0.845
Color I
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 6.07-6.10 x 3.76
Table % 57
Depth % 60.7
Crown Angle ° 34.1
Crown % 14.5
Pavilion Angle ° 40.9
Pavilion % 43.3
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle Faceted 0.7% to 1.5%
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible

I've tried to attach the clarity pic. This is the other part I'm concerned about. I like that the inclusions are off to the side, but there are alot of them. I don't know much about how to interpret such a pic, so I'd love expert opinions on this as well!

Thanks all,

Melissa

stonereport2i.jpg

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
For an SI1 with this many feathers clustered in one area just check to see if they are visible without a loupe. There's a chance you may be able to pick them up unaided, but still unlikely as an SI1.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Feathers are white so this is a good thing. BUT, being all so near each other, you could be able to see 'something'; by something I mean the whole group and not a single one, as if the stone was dirty. It's unlikely, though, especially given the fact it's an AGS SI 1 and it weighs 0.845.

BTW, veerrrrrrrry nice cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.