shape
carat
color
clarity

I called her “Asschmerald”

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
There are long threads in the searches. Some people have had trouble with their rings taking longer than was stated by Caysie. (By 2-4 weeks If I remember correctly)...

But like I said, I have zero idea how long my pendant is supposed to take with David Klass. I don’t want to bother him by asking because I am flexible. I am not used to sending off a gem until the setting is ready for it.

David Klass does seem to be less expensive.

It’s pretty good to know this.
Right now I’m waiting some drawing from Caysie so will see how it go from there.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0CC653AD-1A9F-4E64-AA77-59729D0FD414.jpeg
This is what I like but will have some little change.
Like the halo will be N and S and some other detail.

This is stunning. Also, depending on your budget, I would also reach out to BE for a quote. I got to sees some of their work in person and it is stunning!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
As we are still in a resolution process and out of respect, I do not wish to discuss the issues with my ring at this time. I will only say that it relates to the structural integrity of the ring.

Another PSers posted about her shortcomings with CvB here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-cads-wax-and-off-to-production.231834/page-2

I understand that CvB has many followers on this forum and while she is a talented designer, many of the existing issues are unignorable.
I totally understand and respect that!
Thank you for sharing this with me.

Today I should get drawing from Caysie so will see if she can give what I want and if I can afford it or not.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s pretty good to know this.
Right now I’m waiting some drawing from Caysie so will see how it go from there.

I personally feel that if you want something intricate and artsy, Caysie is your gal. If you have a hard line end date, I would for sure discuss that.

I have a thread detailing my experience with Caysie— I’ll find it so you can read it. My ring did have to be re cast during production (that is the nature of casting as opposed to hand forged) because Caysie wasn’t happy with the quality control of it. It was not a big deal to me,and obviously I rathered wait for the new cast than to proceed with one she wasn’t happy with. (I have no idea what happened with Simone’s ring so I defer to her with her concerns).

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally understand and respect that!
Thank you for sharing this with me.

Today I should get drawing from Caysie so will see if she can give what I want and if I can afford it or not.

Not a problem. The drawings will be pretty, as I said, she is a talented designer. The bench is the problem. Many people will disagree with me, but I wouldn’t be voicing concerns if I didn’t firmly believe in what I am stating. Also, the timeline will be long, expect 8-12 weeks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a problem. The drawings will be pretty, as I said, she is a talented designer. The bench is the problem. Many people will disagree with me, but I wouldn’t be voicing concerns if I didn’t firmly believe in what I am stating. Also, the timeline will be long, expect 8-12 weeks.

I wonder is she is still using the same bench as last year? I am sad to hear you have issues and problems. I feel like my ring has the finest quality of pave and structural integrity possible. Mine is clearly a well made ring.

I’m troubled to hear yours has structural issues.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder is she is still using the same bench as last year? I am sad to hear you have issues and problems. I feel like my ring has the finest quality of pave and structural integrity possible. Mine is clearly a well made ring.

I’m troubled to hear yours has structural issues.

I am happy that yours is in a good shape! Unfortunately,I can’t say that mine is of the finest quality, not even close.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is stunning. Also, depending on your budget, I would also reach out to BE for a quote. I got to sees some of their work in person and it is stunning!
I’m so in love with this setting and I think the color of the stone makes it look so yummy too LOL

Who ever owmed this ring is so lucky! I’m jealous!!!!
Hahaha...
I got this from Caysie’s Instagram page and asked her permission to post it here. I would love to ask permission to the owner but not sure who so I’m hoping that I’m okay to posted this.
( I just want to make sure I follow the rules ).

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I personally feel that if you want something intricate and artsy, Caysie is your gal. If you have a hard line end date, I would for sure discuss that.

I have a thread detailing my experience with Caysie— I’ll find it so you can read it. My ring did have to be re cast during production (that is the nature of casting as opposed to hand forged) because Caysie wasn’t happy with the quality control of it. It was not a big deal to me,and obviously I rathered wait for the new cast than to proceed with one she wasn’t happy with. (I have no idea what happened with Simone’s ring so I defer to her with her concerns).
I do love artsy style. I’m not big fan of halo actually but the one I picked the halo have curved and I love that.
She said will be around 6-8 weeks and she gave me price for the exactly setting on the picture I posted but since we making some change so will be a different price.

Thanks for your thread link ;)2

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know each person have their own opinions and experience so it’s great to know it.
It helps me to make the right decision my own.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get multiple price quotes.
You have been recommended DK in addition to CVB and BE as well. Also give IDJ a call.

You're going to want to evaluate price and ETD.

Its also a good idea to negotiate pricing with quotes to back up your request for a reduction in the BAFO.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Get multiple price quotes.
You have been recommended DK in addition to CVB and BE as well. Also give IDJ a call.

You're going to want to evaluate price and ETD.

Its also a good idea to negotiate pricing with quotes to back up your request for a reduction in the BAFO.
That is pretty good idea!
May I know who/what is BE and IDJ and any link for them?

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, @-Asscher- ! I can’t wait to see what you do with it. I love the inspiration photo you posted. I have a major step cut crush and yours has such lovely proportions!

I will second the recommendation for David Klass. He just finished a ring for me which turned out absolutely beautifully- very fine work. He went above and beyond to give me what I wanted and finished ahead of schedule (he quoted me 21 days at the beginning and I was finished in a smidge over two weeks).

I too have has less than stellar experiences with CvB, so I would be reticent to use her, especially now given what’s happened with some of my other PS friends.

Luckily there are many good options to choose from and I am sure you will end up with a fabulous piece! Keep us posted!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone @-Asscher-... LOVE her.
Asschmerald :kiss2: is a beauty in every way and I cannot wait to see her in her final home.
I am sorry for the hiccup and I hope it all works out well for you and you end up with the ring of your dreams.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! What a gorgeous stone! And her name is too cute! Very regal! I can’t wait to see how you set her!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, @-Asscher- ! I can’t wait to see what you do with it. I love the inspiration photo you posted. I have a major step cut crush and yours has such lovely proportions!

I will second the recommendation for David Klass. He just finished a ring for me which turned out absolutely beautifully- very fine work. He went above and beyond to give me what I wanted and finished ahead of schedule (he quoted me 21 days at the beginning and I was finished in a smidge over two weeks).

I too have has less than stellar experiences with CvB, so I would be reticent to use her, especially now given what’s happened with some of my other PS friends.

Luckily there are many good options to choose from and I am sure you will end up with a fabulous piece! Keep us posted!
I will reach out to David.
I really love the setting but if I go with other means I can’t have the same setting since can’t copy the one from Caysie? :((

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone @-Asscher-... LOVE her.
Asschmerald :kiss2: is a beauty in every way and I cannot wait to see her in her final home.
I am sorry for the hiccup and I hope it all works out well for you and you end up with the ring of your dreams.
Thank you @missy!
Glad to see you again!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous stone! And her name is too cute! Very regal! I can’t wait to see how you set her!
Thank you for your kind words.
I love the ring on your avatar! Beautiful!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will reach out to David.
I really love the setting but if I go with other means I can’t have the same setting since can’t copy the one from Caysie? :((

It won’t be the same either way because the shape of your stone is different. Also, Caysie didn’t come up with that design. Here is the vintage original:
B022970E-E176-4654-A3A5-91E2EDABD623.jpeg ECFECA7C-9B97-46B7-9637-C889932A007F.jpeg
82FD1EED-DD8E-4060-AB87-47C96B562B88.jpeg 303F2F19-418C-49BF-9E89-461AD8371333.jpeg

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It won’t be the same either way because the shape of your stone is different. Also, Caysie didn’t come up with that design. Here is the vintage original:
B022970E-E176-4654-A3A5-91E2EDABD623.jpeg ECFECA7C-9B97-46B7-9637-C889932A007F.jpeg
82FD1EED-DD8E-4060-AB87-47C96B562B88.jpeg 303F2F19-418C-49BF-9E89-461AD8371333.jpeg

Yes will not be exactly the same.

Oh Thank you for these pictures!!! It means I can go with other and still get the similar look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results