shape
carat
color
clarity

Pic heavy and verbose! My CADs, wax, and off to production!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be amazing. Your asscher is off the charts gorgeous!!!!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
I have to say that is the most though out and beautiful ring design! I am excited for you to finally get to wear her!!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THAT SETTING IS GORGEOUS!!! :love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be stupendous! Love the tulip shank with the texturized stem!!

This means a lot coming from you, because your ring almost made me change my entire design! I love the delicacy and intricacy of how your elements flow together creating a harmonic halo but with individual interesting elements.

Wowza!!! I don't like this type of delicate antique-y looking jewelers normally but I am absolutely DROOLING over this!!

I wanted to tell you that your post brought the biggest smile to my BF's face :mrgreen:

What a stunning and well thought design. I love all the personal details in the ring. The outcome will be gorgeous, to match your (big! and beautiful) Asscher.

Acinom, I have admired (okay, coveted!) your colored stone collection and just delight in your taste and style, so for you to say that means a lot to me.

Wow all the details and sentimental elements that you brought to caysie and she totally married them into this beautiful cohesive partnership - symbolic of your upcoming nuptials. Congrats, it's beautiful!!!

Ringo, you just put in to words exactly how I feel about our design. Thank you. I may have to quote it in the future!!

Oh man, you have to WAIT! I am so impatient. I would be dying waiting for it!

I will totally be dying. In fact, if I didn't know that the ring would be sitting in a safety deposit box I'm pretty sure I'd be playing with it behind his back :lol:

This is going to be amazing. Your asscher is off the charts gorgeous!!!!

Thanks DerbyGal!!! After we bought our diamond we left it with the jeweler (Yekutiel from IDJ) so I haven't seen it in over 2 months now (well, not counting the bazillion times I've looked at the handful of photos I took and the one 9-second video clip!). We just had it sent to Caysie and I told her I was admittedly jealous that she was going to get get cuddle time with it - lol.

I have to say that is the most though out and beautiful ring design! I am excited for you to finally get to wear her!!

Thank you so much! We definitely feel that it's "us", and love the story that is behind all of it.

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
OMGOSH - I can't wait to see this!!! Congratulations on an amazing project!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent Caysie my diamond early to ensure a perfect fit in the wax halo prior to metal production, and she in turn sent me a new photo :mrgreen:

IMG_9917.JPG

We chatted a bit today to touch base and go over final details before the real production begins. I'd guess I have about a month or so before all four rings are ready. I really got to missing my setting after our chat so I just pulled my wax back out and am wearing it around the house again :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try plopping your stone into your setting (before you sent it off)? Not sure it would fit since its a bezel...do post picks if you have any of it in your
setting...would love to see!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try plopping your stone into your setting (before you sent it off)? Not sure it would fit since its a bezel...do post picks if you have any of it in your
setting...would love to see!
That would have been IDEAL, but unfortunately we never had possession of the diamond; it stayed with Yekutiel at IDJ until it was sent to Caysie.

In hindsight I really wish we had taken the diamond with us because I have stressed off and on (ranging from a distant thought to "OH MY GOD WHAT DID WE DO") about if we made a good choice or not. I would have liked to have had these past two months to get to know its personality better. We spent over 2 hours with Yekutiel looking at options, but really only about 30 minutes with this particular diamond in the mix of the final three. And it was a last-minute change from the one we were going to pick (higher color won out over antique cut). Because we also got an amazing deal on it I keep thinking we overlooked some obvious flaw, but both Yekutiel and Caysie assure us it's gorgeous and just one of those "right time, right place" finds.

Once I have it on my finger I'm sure I'll feel much better (for a lot of reasons - lol!).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I missed this when I was the one saying I couldn't wait to see the CADs! It must have slipped off the first page of RT and I missed it!

This is incredibly beautiful!!! The Casa halo is my favorite, and I love all the personal elements! I also love the rose gold and platinum! I've got that on my wishlist, too! I love the two bands, as well!!!

You chose the right designer for this ring, for sure. The wait will be worth it, I am 100% sure! This will be one gorgeous set of rings!:love:

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I missed this when I was the one saying I couldn't wait to see the CADs! It must have slipped off the first page of RT and I missed it!

This is incredibly beautiful!!! The Casa halo is my favorite, and I love all the personal elements! I also love the rose gold and platinum! I've got that on my wishlist, too!

I love the two bands, as well!!! Somehow I missed what the 4th ring is and maybe I need to go back and reread all the posts!

You chose the right designer for this ring, for sure. The wait will be worth it, I am 100% sure! This will be one gorgeous set of rings!:love:

DS, I have to tell you that I kept waiting for your reply (because you had said you couldn't wait to see the CADs), and when you didn't reply I thought "Huh. She must not have liked it." - lol! Which was totally okay because I know not everyone will, but I was secretly hoping you would because I like your style :)

The other thread is for his wedding band, and you can find it here - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cads-of-my-mens-wedding-band.231538/

And YES, Caysie was definitely the right person for this project. I can't imagine anyone else coming close to pulling it all together as perfectly as she has. Yet another reason I'm grateful for this forum, for without it I never would have found her!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized the 4th was his ring and after I went back to edit my post, you had already replied!

Listen, that ring is right up my alley! I adore it!!! Oh my gosh! You really must have wondered why I hadn't posted!!! lol! I just don't know how I missed it!

Many of us, including myself, are so very fortunate to have found this forum. The pieces I have now would not have been possible in any way whatsoever without finding the vendors here. I am thankful because I buy intentionally at this point to have heirloom pieces for my girls and their children. Uniquely beautiful pieces such as these by CvB certainly qualify as future heirlooms!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent Caysie my diamond early to ensure a perfect fit in the wax halo prior to metal production, and she in turn sent me a new photo :mrgreen:

IMG_9917.JPG

We chatted a bit today to touch base and go over final details before the real production begins. I'd guess I have about a month or so before all four rings are ready. I really got to missing my setting after our chat so I just pulled my wax back out and am wearing it around the house again :lol:

:love::love::love:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that your setting pics look amazing, but your STONE!!! OMG. My jaw dropped when I saw it- it is beyond stunning!!!

You must be dying to get it back in its gorgeous new setting- please do post pics as you get them!!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that your setting pics look amazing, but your STONE!!! OMG. My jaw dropped when I saw it- it is beyond stunning!!!
Well thank you so much!!! As you might have read, I'm having total anxiety over whether it's really as nice as I remember it so outside and unbiased opinions help me feel better :mrgreen:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see your finished product!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing size and color combo! The design is so Regal.

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
Eeeeeeeee! One of the the best pricescope stories I've read! Everyone involved is very creative! Cheers to your almost ring!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It's going to be amazing. Can't wait to see the finished ring.

ingenue214

Rough_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL stone!! And I love that you've really incorporated what's special to you and your partner into the design - can't wait to see the finished product!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much longer ?!? Chewing my nails in anticipation :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much longer ?!? Chewing my nails in anticipation :)
I wish I could tell you. Delays and communication haven't been great. I promise that once we have photos I'll share them!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, that sounds frustrating! Bummer but I'm sure you're going to be ecstatic once you receive it!!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, that sounds frustrating! Bummer but I'm sure you're going to be ecstatic once you receive it!!!

Thanks. It really has been. It's a shame because Caysie is a LOVELY person and it's obvious not only how talented she is but also how much she cares about her craft and her creations. And when we've been on a roll it's been great, with lots of laughter and fun. But outside of that week or two, the constant delays in things that have been in her control (ie: communication, follow-through, ordering what's needed, etc.) has unfortunately tainted this experience. I think if she had someone on staff dedicated to getting back to clients it would help tremendously, but of course that's an added expense.

What makes me particularly sad is that my SO had talked about working with Caysie once a year to create something for me for my birthday or Christmas, but now he's inclined not to do that anymore. Like me, he loves her work, but he just doesn't have the time to chase her if this kind of situation happens again. I guess time will tell what happens there...

As you said though, I'm sure we'll be thrilled with the results. I know they will be perfection and something that we will always be grateful for. My ring and our bands will be works of art and these temporary struggles will one day be forgotten.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Caysie and love talking with her, but it also takes time from her from working on designs and communicating with her benches and CAD artist, etc. While I might like things to be faster, the outcome is worth waiting for in my case. I think I have done 3 projects thus far (and one now) and probably will continue to do one a year just because I enjoy it. I have every expectation that your ring will be a one-of-a-kind amazing heirloom piece! I honestly don't know of anyone else who could have designed that piece so well and have it made at the quality level she provides, and you do seem to appreciate that from what you just posted. I know it is especially hard to wait for an engagement ring, though, so I hope it's ready really soon!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be one of the top rings ever on Pricescope. Spectacular!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 , it seems ILS is thrilled with the design and confident in Caysie's abilities. I've never worked with Caysie, but can tell she's very talented from all of the completed pieces. However, I know it might not be best for me to work with her bc it seems that dropping the ball/delays/excuses/etc. are common with her, which leads to disappointment (I've personally emailed her on a couple of occasions for 2 separate projects and never heard back). No one is doubting her talent or expecting things overnight, but it seems there is a pattern that you may be fine with (and thus continue to work with her) but others may not be. :wavey:

ILS - I'm sorry this isn't going as expected but hang in there! You will have a gorgeous piece soon enough and I hope you can just remember the great memories associated with it, rather than the hiccups!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had an ering and a band made so far. And I currently have 3 projects in the works, well actually 4 counting a small antique brooch conversion. It does take longer than I would prefer but the work is stunning. My ering was hard to wait for so I am glad that these projects aren't as important, for lack of a better word. I think Caysie is a true artist in every sense - perfection in the execution of her fabulous designs but maybe sometimes lacking in communication and probably overextended most of the time. I am ok with waiting but it can be frustrating. Hang in there - you will love the final outcome.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @ILikeShiny for the frustrations. I am so looking forward to seeing your finished ring. I know it will be amazing.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 , it seems ILS is thrilled with the design and confident in Caysie's abilities. I've never worked with Caysie, but can tell she's very talented from all of the completed pieces. However, I know it might not be best for me to work with her bc it seems that dropping the ball/delays/excuses/etc. are common with her, which leads to disappointment (I've personally emailed her on a couple of occasions for 2 separate projects and never heard back). No one is doubting her talent or expecting things overnight, but it seems there is a pattern that you may be fine with (and thus continue to work with her) but others may not be. :wavey:

Exactly this. You worded it very well.

And thank you - we are hoping to have all of our rings soon and move on to the phase where we get to enjoy them :mrgreen2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Caysie and love talking with her, but it also takes time from her from working on designs and communicating with her benches and CAD artist, etc. While I might like things to be faster, the outcome is worth waiting for in my case.
To clarify - I'm not looking for "How's your day" chit-chat. I'm looking for responses to questions such as "did you receive my email with the information on color and details you requested?" (which I sent twice and still have yet to receive a response), or when she promises to send us something within a few days but we get nothing so we ask after a week and are promised something the next day but yet hear nothing for another whole week. Those are the issues I'm talking about.

I'm not looking for faster. I'm looking for what we've been told we can expect or an unprompted update on what's going on. I don't think that's too much to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results