shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought a tiny pink diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I'd really like to keep it all diamond if possible.
I may wait for a pair of natural green diamonds that each weigh 0.1 to 0.15 ct with killer emerald green color and high clarity to float down the river of life.
Two little square emerald cut one would be even better.
18.gif

I'm sure I'll wait for years to find such a pair.
It would be a shame that in the mean time this purple-pink will sit in my safe deposit box.

Then again other gems are so much easier to source which are also very beautiful.

Maybe I'd get some tsavorites now so I can wear the ring but keep my eyes open for appropriate green diamonds to swap out in the future.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps a pair of alexandrites could fill in until the right diamonds come along.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a green and pink diamond combo. I have a green grey diamond flanked by two light pinks, and they really compliment each other. That is going to be some ring when you''re done with it. I''m envious!!
11.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Thought I''d come check out the pink diamond since you mentioned it . . . and that''s a tasty shade of pink! Woohoo!

The greens in the Leon ring are demantoid garnets. I''m going to be on the lookout for some myself. :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, missed the new photos. But I can''t get over the fact that it came in a fed ex ENVELOPE.
6.gif

We need more shots of that beauty!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fantastic diamond- not sure how i missed this, maybe i responded to your other thread in RT. how exciting!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice first stone.
9.gif

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I should get it back this week from the folks checking it out so I can take more pics.
I love taking pics and will probably end up posting too many; forgive me.
I'm kind of obsessed sometimes when I'm passionate about something.
37.gif

Tourmaline_lover where are pics of your pink and green diamond ring?

I think since my diamond is purplish-pink I'd prefer blue-green diamonds.
I think the common blueish component will make the stones go well together.
Red and green are opposites and look stark together but blending both of those colors with blue will pull them together in a pleasing way.

I'm also thinking I'd not want vivid or deep blue-greens.
I think the deep purplish-pink should take center stage instead of the ring looking like an assembly of equally saturated colors.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
There are a couple I took last week but forgot to post.

1pp6a.jpg

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Another

1pp1a.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey TL I love the idea of a pink and green ring...or maybe a green and red..ohhh..that would be very cool with diamonds...I know the japanese like emerald and red beryl jewelry and will pay enoumous amounts from it

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Love the pink diamond!!

Also, what kind of Honda is that? I recognize the dashboard.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demantoid garnets would be great with that diamond because they are also very dispersive and also traditionally come in very small sizes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 1:10:40 PM
Author: Chrono
Demantoid garnets would be great with that diamond because they are also very dispersive and also traditionally come in very small sizes.
Very good point!! In fact when small enough, they do look a lot like green diamonds, especially in the lighter green tones.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wowza!!!! Holy pink diamond of gorgeousness batman!

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stones and ring TL.
The car is a Honda Civic Hybrid (which incidentally was replaced three days ago by a Honda Insight Hybrid)

So. . . do tell . . . where would a nice guy like me find these demantoid garnets online?

I know which vendors are reputable for white diamonds, Whiteflash, GOG, BGavin, HPD etc.

But which vendors have repeatedly proven themselves here on PS to have fine quality goods at fair prices and good customer service for these other gems?

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you.
Yes I saw that overwhelmingly long list, which is why I was hoping there were a few favorite oft-proven vendors like there are over at Rocky Talk.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 1:55:49 PM
Author: Moh 10
Thank you.

Yes I saw that overwhelmingly long list, which is why I was hoping there were a few favorite oft-proven vendors like there are over at Rocky Talk.

I (and many others on Pricescope) have had good experiences with GemLine, and they have a lot of demantoids. They also give a 30% discount for Pricescopers!

Gemline

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thank you MTG.
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you have a specific size and shape, and need a matched pair, I would contact these few vendors who have the resources to help you find what you need:
www.winkjones.com Wink
www.diamondexpert.com Gary Dutton
GemLine seems to have quite a few demantoids but they are all rounds

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 1:30:57 PM
Author: Moh 10
Very pretty stones and ring TL.
The car is a Honda Civic Hybrid (which incidentally was replaced three days ago by a Honda Insight Hybrid)

So. . . do tell . . . where would a nice guy like me find these demantoid garnets online?

I know which vendors are reputable for white diamonds, Whiteflash, GOG, BGavin, HPD etc.

But which vendors have repeatedly proven themselves here on PS to have fine quality goods at fair prices and good customer service for these other gems?
Moh,
Thank you!!

Gemlineinc.com specializes in demantoids. If you mention Pricescope, you get a 30% discount. He might be able to source you some specialty shapes.

ETA: Oooops, I see MTG just said this!!

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I'm keeping the purplish-pink little girl.
She passed muster.

I just got her back from the GIA today.
They verified that the stone (and its current condition) match the 6-month old report.
This is a free GIA service, if you deliver it and pick it up.
Well for one more day it is free - as of July 1 they will charge 50% of your diamond's report's fee to verify a stone.
They give you a laminated verification letter.

When I picked her up today I requested a gemologist sit down with me at a microscope to answer questions.
She spent a good 30 minutes with me and taught me a lot.
She spent many years grading colored diamonds and knew her stuff.

I learned that my stone has natural on one corner of the girdle and an indented natural on the girdle near other corner.
She said the cutters did a very good job of using the rough.
She said I could polish those two naturals out and have an internally flawless stone and loose only a point or two.

One natural is a very flat-looking surface on the pavilion side of one corner of the girdle.
I thought it was an additional facet that they had polished to smooth out a natural.
I was wrong.
Under the microscope she showed me that what looked like a flat surface under a good loupe is actually some of the flat natural exterior surface of the rough.
You can tell because under the microscope it has a rougher and more irregular texture than any of the polished surfaces.
So what I thought was an extra facet is actually the skin of the rough.

Then the indented natural is like a tiny cave in the girdle of the opposite side.
We also observed and discussed the internal graining which does not affect the VVS1 clarity because it is not visible face up.
Face up the color is even.
I'm going to try to get a pic of the graining which looks like layers or streaks of pink when viewed from the end of the diamond.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It''s perfect!
35.gif

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks.
35.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s very interesting and now you know how and where to spot its birthmark too for ID purposes.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I promised I'd answer the question of which vendor I used when I was sure I was keeping the stone.
I'm sure some of you already figured it out but . . .

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/2709.htm

This vendor has been wonderful to deal with.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, a very cool purchase. Thank you for providing the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results