shape
carat
color
clarity

I bet you can''''t guess what''''s in here. Hint: It''''s OLD, and it''''s MINE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:57:13 AM
Author: widget
Holy Smokes....I leave town for a few days, and look what I missed!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen, it''s absolutely magnificent....Congratulations!

widget
That''ll teach ya to go out of town.
11.gif

Thanks widget, I rather like it.
9.gif
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 12:25:18 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/30/2007 11:35:55 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
that is awesome!! I''m still hoping you''ll crop some super closeups on the melee stones - are they single cuts? they look way bigger than 1 pointers!
Cehra, I''ll try, but I can''t seem to get those close ups you do. And I''m not sure, but they do look like single cut to me. And they look big in the pics, in real life you can barely see them. I do think I''ve got two different sizes though after I really looked at it.

I''m getting ready to take some more pics before I have to send it to get the setting checked. I''ll try for the crown shots you wanted too.
Awww.... You''re such a good sport :) Thank you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Irina, you are fast. Thank you so much!!
36.gif
2.gif

Cehra, this was the best one I got. It actuallly wasn''t what I was shooting for here (no pun intended, lol), but of course it turned out best, while my deliberate attempts did not.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 6:13:57 PM
Author: Pricescope
beautiful shot!
look at that oil slick refraction on the right of the old stone! Love it!! this is a great shot!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Ellen those new pics are just
30.gif
3.gif
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 7:09:42 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
look at that oil slick refraction on the right of the old stone! Love it!! this is a great shot!!
Ha! I didn''t even see that. And thanks!

FG, thank you! It''s amazing how much flowers add. Believe me, I''m getting my monies worth out of them.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I so love this ring!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, thank you Skippers. Me too.
5.gif

Since you brought it back, I''ll post one of my now favorites.

"the girls"
30.gif

OMC4671.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love there girls. Gorgeous picture and of course both rings are to die for
9.gif

Are you hanging out more in Rocky Talky? I feel like I never bump into you, if so I will visit Rocky Talky more.

You are so helpful; I wish I had your diamond knowledge. I might call on in within the next 6 mos.
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* MORE SWOONING*
3.gif
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:39:33 AM
Author: Lorelei
* MORE SWOONING*
3.gif
3.gif
ditto here!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:37:09 AM
Author: Skippy123
I love there girls. Gorgeous picture and of course both rings are to die for
9.gif

Are you hanging out more in Rocky Talky? I feel like I never bump into you, if so I will visit Rocky Talky more.

You are so helpful; I wish I had your diamond knowledge. I might call on in within the next 6 mos.
31.gif
Thankies mam.
5.gif

I go in spurts, I guess I have been lately. I''ll try and get out more.
9.gif
2.gif

Thanks Skippy, but I didn''t get there overnight. If you knew how much reading I did....
23.gif
lol And there''s still so much to learn.

And I''d LOVE to enable, I mean, help you pick something out!!
9.gif
36.gif
Hint??
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
* MORE SWOONING*
3.gif
3.gif
* MORE SALTS*

Share em with Skippy, will ya?
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2007 7:47:36 AM

* MORE SWOONING*
3.gif
3.gif
* MORE SALTS*

9.gif
* deep sniff - here ya go Skip!*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:49:07 AM

Date: 5/2/2007 7:47:36 AM

* MORE SWOONING*
3.gif
3.gif
* MORE SALTS*

9.gif
* deep sniff - here ya go Skip!*

Heeheee, you two are too funy
9.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is a beauty. Are you going to wear both or just your antique during special occassions?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:51:07 AM
Your ring is a beauty. Are you going to wear both or just your antique during special occassions?
Good question. I don''t really have that many special occasions, so if that were the case, I wouldn''t get to wear it much. However, it does seem like something one wouldn''t wear here, there, and everywhere.

What would you guys do??

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will add, which I don''t think I ever mentioned. These pics make it seem massive, but IRL it is SO delicate. Almost fragile looking, but a little disco ball.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would show it off Ms. Ellen so others can drool !!!
3.gif

I wouldn''t clean w/it though. I doubt you would.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol
9.gif

Gosh no, I wouldn''t do anything with it on. I don''t with my other one either.

And I am SO glad the back is so open on this, as far as cleaning it goes, cuz I would be affraid to put it in the US.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear it as much as I could and enjoy it! Take more care with it perhaps, but still show that puppy off as much as you can and have fun with it, it is too pretty to only be worn occasionally. I don't go out much or have many special occasions so I have to wear mine as much as I can, or it wouldn't get worn much.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

OK, you two twisted my arm. I guess I''ll just have to wear it fairly often...
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2007 9:51:15 AM
*sigh*

OK, you two twisted my arm. I guess I''ll just have to wear it fairly often...
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You know how it is Ellen, you often automatically are careful even subconsciously when you have your rings on, so I definitely think you should wear it and enjoy it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I hate the idea of it not being worn/seen and enjoyed. Poor thing''s been in a lock box for who knows how long.

My mom must have stopped wearing it long before I came along, as I never saw her wear it. Which is funny, as she was so into looking nice all the time, very clothes concious, etc. But definitely not into jewelry much.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about if you are scared to wear it designate a day! Then for sure you will look forward to Friday''s
31.gif
31.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen! You have to wear the bejeezus out of this ring! Think of its life, sitting in a pitch black lock box all these years. No sunshine to make it's facets sing! No special lighting to make the disco ball activate! It's just working the kinks out since being shut away for so long. You've gotta wear it often. Think of it like you're freeing a prisoner after a long stay in solitary confinement
3.gif
I know my new ering talks to me all time, thanking me for saving it from a life of being passed around from dealer to dealer and sitting on store shelves. Can you get it sized (or maybe it already fits) for you as a RHR? That way you can "exercise it" everyday and still be able to wear your ering? FREE YOUR RING! Let it sing in the light of day! Okay, okay, I'll calm down now. Sorry, I got a little over-excited...*phew! wipes sweating brow*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Skippy, that''s not a bad idea!
9.gif
I am scared....

surfgirl, you are too funny!
9.gif

It is definitely a RHR, and it fits, albeit just a hair tight, as I like them loose. But between me losing some more weight, and when it gets cool, I may need the permanent gaurd that''s on it. So I''m leaving it on for now and will just deal with it.

We are both so lucky to own these antique gems!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 2:50:03 PM
lol Skippy, that''s not a bad idea!
9.gif
I am scared....

surfgirl, you are too funny!
9.gif

It is definitely a RHR, and it fits, albeit just a hair tight, as I like them loose. But between me losing some more weight, and when it gets cool, I may need the permanent gaurd that''s on it. So I''m leaving it on for now and will just deal with it.

We are both so lucky to own these antique gems!
36.gif

me scared too! Okay, I have been doing a lot of thinking because I like you so much. Take it to the jewler and make sure the prongs are strong before you wear it. Then wear it and get it checked often; I don''t want you losing any gorgeous stones off it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 3:02:03 PM

me scared too! Okay, I have been doing a lot of thinking because I like you so much. Take it to the jewler and make sure the prongs are strong before you wear it. Then wear it and get it checked often; I don''t want you losing any gorgeous stones off it.
Aw Skippy, you are too sweet!
2.gif

And thanks, it is already in the mail on it''s way to a very competant jeweler to have the stone and setting looked at. It definitely needed work, as I could see prongs were moved, and the center stone rattled when I shook it. And with that chip in the girdle, right by the prong, I was too affraid of what might happen. I just didn''t trust anyone here, initially anyway. Once he looks at it, and gets it back in good condition, I may take it to someone here to do prong checks.

I''m really more affraid of whacking it, or being robbed. But, all I can do is be as careful as I can, and then enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results