shape
carat
color
clarity

I bet you can''''t guess what''''s in here. Hint: It''''s OLD, and it''''s MINE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMC4306.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

OMC4437.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the pink table.

OMC4423.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

OMC4414.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!

OMC4388.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif

OMC4404.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked this one, it shows her throwing rainbows. Two in upper left, and the bigger one in front.

OMC4395.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 7:51:20 AM
Author: Ellen
Thanks guys!

*handing Lorelei smelling salts*
9.gif
2.gif

I didn''t want to post so many I bored you, plus, I know how much space all the pics take up on the server. I just didn''t want to post too many. Of course, I have a lot left, if you really want me to post a few more.
17.gif
I think if taking up room on the server were an issue (can you say harddrive space is cheap these days?) they''d encourage us to host our pics elsewhere and just link to them! No more excuses!!! hehehe

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, there wasn''t a bad orange/pink pic to be had.

OMC4415.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMC4424.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know - I don''t think this is an OMC! The crown is different.... I''m going to have to go back over the pictures.... I mean the pav facets do appear omc and the outline is, but it has a different crown.... I''m going to look over all the pics and see if I can explain my thoughts better....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty in pink.

OMC4285.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Showing her dark side.

OMC4367.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one.

I loved this. The two facets catching light look like a bow tie.

OMC4435.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 2:32:16 PM
Last one.

I loved this. The two facets catching light look like a bow tie.
okay I could use this for goofy diamond pics LOL

I went over EVERY pic you have and I just can''t quite get it - I''d have to loupe the stone to see the crown, I was typing hastily when I said I didn''t think it was an omc - omc (in the truest antique tradition) is still a fairly wide category, and it is possible that the crown has the traditional # of facets and even in the traditional layout, but the proportions are interesting - in many pictures the stone looks almost like a french cut op with four points radiating from the corners on top....

well you know what this means.... MORE PICTURES!!!!!!! hahaha... there are a couple here that are REALLY really good - you keep getting better and better :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 9:02:06 AM
Author: thing2of2
Wow...the fire shots are awesome but I FREAKED OUT about the flower shots! They show off the facets so well! They are gorgeous! And of course, your ring and diamond are, too! So amazing...I bet you can''t wait to wear it!

And about the ring guard, do you think you''re going to take it off and get the ring resized or keep it on? Just curious!
The flowers, I know.
30.gif

No, I can''t wait to wear it!! It''s being sent out this coming week to have the prongs checked. So hopefully by next week I''m wearing it.
36.gif

And about the gaurd. Good question. It''s just a tad tight when I''m warm. Not horrible, but I like my rings loose. However, I''m losing weight, and when it gets cooler, I may need it. So, I''m just going to leave it for now and deal with the summer heat. I am so paranoid about losing it, that I just don''t wanna take it off right away.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 2:28:51 PM
Pretty in pink.
I think maybe its that with such a super high crown and VERY VERY long kite facets in the corners (with tiny star facets) and the angles theyre cut at on the crown they kinda blend together in some shots reflecting together.... I wish I could loupe this - I find faceting so fascinating! :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 2:37:33 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

okay I could use this for goofy diamond pics LOL

I went over EVERY pic you have and I just can''t quite get it - I''d have to loupe the stone to see the crown, I was typing hastily when I said I didn''t think it was an omc - omc (in the truest antique tradition) is still a fairly wide category, and it is possible that the crown has the traditional # of facets and even in the traditional layout, but the proportions are interesting - in many pictures the stone looks almost like a french cut op with four points radiating from the corners on top....

well you know what this means.... MORE PICTURES!!!!!!! hahaha... there are a couple here that are REALLY really good - you keep getting better and better :)
lol Yeah ya could.
9.gif

I dunno about what it is. All I know is, someone who specializes in them looked at pics and said that''s what it was. *shrugs*

Thanks about getting better, I have an excellent subject, and pops.
2.gif

And I think about the server space every time I post pics. I just feel guilty. lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* swoons again*

30.gif
3.gif
.....gorgeous!

Thanks Ellen for those beautiful shots, I really think we need a PSer diamond shots coffee table book!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 3:30:28 PM
Author: Lorelei
* swoons again*

30.gif
3.gif
.....gorgeous!

Thanks Ellen for those beautiful shots, I really think we need a PSer diamond shots coffee table book!
*handing over salts again*

You are quite welcome my dear. I''d much rather be doing this than housework.
9.gif

And ya know, that book would sell I do believe. Wouldn''t that be fun??!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, did anyone notice how TINY the prongs are?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2007 3:43:59 PM
BTW, did anyone notice how TINY the prongs are?
Yeah baby, dainty and precious prongs
30.gif
30.gif

I think the book would definitely sell !!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, just wanted to pop in to say how much I LOVE your new ring! I think the pink background is great for it for the photos. I hope you wear it in good health! It is really a treasure. I love the setting. It is in wonderful condition considering its age! Sorry if this has already been said, but has it always been in your family? What a wonderful legacy!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gail!

I love it too! And a few people have mentioned what great shape it's in. I think part of that is due to being 14kt. And though I haven't asked her, I get the impression my mom didn't wear it a lot. She was definitely not a jewelry hound.

I have no idea, nor does my mom, where this ring came from. She just assumed her parents bought it from a jewlry store (she had no idea how old everything was until I told her). But considering the stone was 60ish years old and the setting 10-20ish when she got it, that seems kind of unlikely. I've wondered if it could have been a family members that she was not aware of.

Or, some of her relatives owned a grocery store. I also wondered if during the depression, someone may have traded it for goods. I think that would not be out of the realm of possiblities.

Sadly, anyone who would have the knowledge is long gone. It shall remain a mystery.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t resist this when I was trying for some fire shots last night. I know how you girls love hand shots.
11.gif

OMCF4587.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMO!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 6:35:32 AM
Author: Lorelei
YUMMO!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I couldn''t get the one I really wanted. The sun was at a perfect angle, and they both would ocassionally just light up like MAD together. So awesome. But, between trying to hold that pose and shoot one handed, I just couldn''t get it.
38.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 6:34:47 AM
I couldn''t resist this when I was trying for some fire shots last night. I know how you girls love hand shots.
11.gif
that is awesome!! I''m still hoping you''ll crop some super closeups on the melee stones - are they single cuts? they look way bigger than 1 pointers!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes....I leave town for a few days, and look what I missed!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen, it''s absolutely magnificent....Congratulations!

widget

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:35:55 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
that is awesome!! I''m still hoping you''ll crop some super closeups on the melee stones - are they single cuts? they look way bigger than 1 pointers!
Cehra, I''ll try, but I can''t seem to get those close ups you do. And I''m not sure, but they do look like single cut to me. And they look big in the pics, in real life you can barely see them. I do think I''ve got two different sizes though after I really looked at it.

I''m getting ready to take some more pics before I have to send it to get the setting checked. I''ll try for the crown shots you wanted too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results