shape
carat
color
clarity

I bet you can''''t guess what''''s in here. Hint: It''''s OLD, and it''''s MINE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more.

OMC4087.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok, the hand shots.
11.gif

I saved the worst for last, I hate my hands. lol But, I took some for the team.
9.gif

OMC3991.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMC 4001.JPG

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 9:27:00 AM
Author: Ellen
Bootiful.

It''s THAT alright!!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, it is GORGEOUS!!! You are one lucky lady!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
25.gif

OMC4004.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh, wiping the drool off my keyboard.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

I so *Love* it
30.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ellen! It''s wonderful! What a treasure.

Do you think it has some fluorescence? Some shots it shows warmth, and others it''s pretty white. OMCs are so lovely!

Congratulations!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Wow.

That''s all I can manage without stuttering. Wow.

OMC3982.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one. This was to show you how white/bright this thing can face up.
6.gif

And WHY can you put two loose rings on and get sausage fingers?! Just ignore that.
9.gif

Now, I didn't want to point this out in the beginning, because I didn't want you all to focus on it. It has two chips, one rather large (as in the area covered), but it's more like a shard that was cleaved off. If you didn't notice it, you can see it in most of the pics. Depending on which way I had the ring, it's either right below the upper right prong, or above lower left. It starts in the girdle and runs up almost to the table. Then there's another one a bit below that, but I didn't notice it in most of these.

Hope you had fun! Whew, that was work.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I understand, it is a rare diamond that has survived all those years without a chip or 2, it is part of it''s history, it is protectively set, it is GORGEOUS!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! what a treasure!!
36.gif
36.gif

did i miss somewhere the size of the stones?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh ellen....
30.gif

18.gif

it is absolutely spectacular!
36.gif

lucky you!

wear it in good health.
28.gif

and thanks for being such a good sport and ''taking one for the team!'' you know we hafta have them handshots
2.gif
you''re a good ''un.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2007 9:55:03 AM
Author: belle
oh ellen....
30.gif

18.gif

it is absolutely spectacular!
36.gif

lucky you!

wear it in good health.
28.gif

and thanks for being such a good sport and ''taking one for the team!'' you know we hafta have them handshots
2.gif
you''re a good ''un.
She is
12.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
it''s lovely! i am so happy for you. these surprises from relatives are great!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom, thank you! Yes, lucky indeed.

Skippy, lol. I wanted to post it here, as I suspect there may be some on the board who would be interested, but maybe don't peruse SMTR. Irina can move it over there later.
2.gif
And thank you!

Pyramid, thank you! Excited, giddy, you name it, I've felt it. In fact, I was so nuts I emailed Irina some preview shots. Normally I can keep a secret with the best of them, but not this time!

Lorelei, thank you miss! and thanks for the note about missing me.
2.gif

cgal, I love the sentiment. Not sure hubs would agree.
9.gif
2.gif
And thank you!

Chrono, thanks so much. A gem indeed. I can't believe it's mine!

DeeJay, thank you!

Lump, thanks!! And I don't know about the flo, I've seen the same thing you mentioned.

Mercoledi, I know what ya mean!
2.gif

jcrow, thank you. I have no idea what size anything is. I have no stats on the ring. Mom never even had the prongs checked.
6.gif
From very crude measuring, the center seems to be about 3/4 the size of my 1.40. The melee I would guess at maybe 1 point? They are really small.

belle, thanks you. I really am so lucky. And yeah, ya'll better appreciate those paw shots.
9.gif
2.gif

crown, thank you! Yes, surprises like this I'll take any day. And the best part is, my sister gets 2 other rings of moms. But this one is the best, by far.
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love that ring, and it looks great on you. It''s so beautiful. With rings like that, it''s not about perfection, it''s about history. Like an old house. It should have a few dings or it just doesn''t look right.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-that is a fabulously beautiful ring! I LOVE IT! The center stone is so cool, and I love all the metalwork and the tiny side stones, too. I wish my mom had a few of those floating around...
28.gif
Congratulations on a gorgeous new ring!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
30.gif
36.gif
Wear in good health!
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg you lucky ducky!!!!!
36.gif

I''m just doing a quick look at ps before I run out but I *HAD* to at least say that but of course I''ll come back later and oooh and ahhhhh maybe I''ll even use your thread as a reward for cleaning out the fridge!! LOL!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Ellen that ring is absolutely lovely!!! How wonderful to have jewelry that can be passed down in the family.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, you're so right. It's all about what this stone/ring is, not what it's not. And it's so funny, I am such a "symmetrical", picky person. But when it comes to this ring, it's all gone out the window. I couldn't find fault with it if I tried.
2.gif

2of2, thanks so much!

Thank you Harriet!
2.gif

lol Cehra, you wouldn't believe how many times I thought of you while shooting pics and trying to pic the best ones, as in what most would like to see/appreciate. A couple I put in there just for you.
2.gif

A few things I forgot to mention. First, the ring gaurd is all one piece, I've never seen one quite like that. And I don't know whether to take it off or not. If my hands were cold, I think I'd need it, but it's a hair tight now that it's warm. Also, it likes to slide around sometimes..

Also, in so many shots, the ring has that rose gold tint/reflection on it. I have NO idea where that came from. I only wore white or very light blue when shooting, and especially outside, there was nothing near that color. Strangest part is I shot everywhere with my round that I shot here, and never go that. Pretty, but weird.

I did get several nice fire shots, but I'll put them in the Fire thread.

Oh, and the hankies were my grandmothers, I thought it only fitting to include them.
5.gif

richipat

Rough_Rock
Absolutley lovely.
I agree -- the cut is fasinating and put up against your newer ring you can really make a comparison. Wow.
Thank you for sharing....this is a wonderful, special treasure.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 11:02:01 AM
Fly Girl, you''re so right. It''s all about what this stone/ring is, not what it''s not. And it''s so funny, I am such a ''symmetrical'', picky person. But when it comes to this ring, it''s all gone out the window. I couldn''t find fault with it if I tried.
2.gif

2of2, thanks so much!

Thank you Harriet!
2.gif

lol Cehra, you wouldn''t believe how many times I thought of you while shooting pics and trying to pic the best ones, as in what most would like to see/appreciate. A couple I put in there just for you.
2.gif

A few things I forgot to mention. First, the ring gaurd is all one piece, I''ve never seen one quite like that. And I don''t know whether to take it off or not. If my hands were cold, I think I''d need it, but it''s a hair tight now that it''s warm. Also, it likes to slide around sometimes..

Also, in so many shots, the ring has that rose gold tint/reflection on it. I have NO idea where that came from. I only wore white or very light blue when shooting, and especially outside, there was nothing near that color. Strangest part is I shot everywhere with my round that I shot here, and never go that. Pretty, but weird.

I did get several nice fire shots, but I''ll put them in the Fire thread.
don''t you dare put them in the fire thread - put them here then drag and drop them to the fire thread as copies ;-)

I''ll have to look through alll the pics and see if I can see which ones you were thinking of me LOL see? how awesome is that to have the ideal round and the chunky cushion?

As for the color, don''t forget your lips! I have several pics of my diamonds that you see my hair/skin/lip color in the stone :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!
congrates!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:18:05 AM

jcrow, thank you. I have no idea what size anything is. I have no stats on the ring. Mom never even had the prongs checked.
6.gif
From very crude measuring, the center seems to be about 3/4 the size of my 1.40. The melee I would guess at maybe 1 point? They are really small.
And yet it very well might be the same size as your round, just deeper - that crown was *huge* I''d love to see a crown to crown profile shot of the two rings!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 9:17:56 AM
This shows underneath. And yellow and pink culets just for Cehra.
2.gif
that little pink culet is soooooooo cute I want to put a bonnet on it and put it in the pram!! LOL!! Some of those smaller stones look almost single cut - can you get any insanely close ups of those? I love it! That bootiful picture looks just like my stone in my avatar!! I can''t wait to see some pics of it from under a tree! These stones with the big crowns pull in lots of colors from around the walls and just from the environment... LOVE THEM!!!!
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
And as for the "shard" I couldn''t even *find* it. Maybe we need to post more even tighter close ups
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen, it''s fabulous, what a gorgeous stone and I love the setting too
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results