shape
carat
color
clarity

I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: I am in LOVE with an August Vintage Round (AVR)!!!!!!!!!

CaratLover2|1349965025|3283247 said:
@Diamondseeker2006 - I just wanted to add my 2 cents here! I have G AVR and an L AVC.

In relation to the L AVC
I know what I'm about to say is going to be controversial here - but I am so glad I didn't see it before I bought it! Why? Because I'm probably 100% certain that if I had seen it unset, I probably would have been extremely critical, disappointed and wanting to return it. I now have a magnificent ring, that generally looks "white" - and for anyone to say otherwise would be very, very critical of them. It never looks yellow, heck, it doesn't even look tinted in real life. Photos do not do it justice! I do have to also say that my stone is not set with melee and wont be worn with any other rings - which might be a consideration for you. But all I'm trying to say is not to be too critical of the colour unset. It won't be that noticeable once set!

In relation to the G AVR
One day, I'd love a 2ct AVR or a genuine OEC so that I can really see and enjoy the faceting more - and if it meant going lower in colour to get the size I wanted, then I would do it! As it would be worn as an e-ring, I might consider putting it in a setting with a pretty basket to cover the profile, because other people are critical of colour in an e-ring, but having my L and seeing how subtle the colour really is, I doubt I'd even bother doing that.

On a side note - I have to say that I love to look at my AVR most on a rainy day. When I'm outside under my navy blue with white polka dots and roses umbrella - IT IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT!!

EDIT: Oh, and put it in that VC setting you love! The setting "makes" the stone and "completes" the package! I had the same problem with my AVR not knowing which way to go, but I bit the bullet and bought the Tacori setting that I loved the most, and I'm so glad I did. I get giddy every time I look at it!

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you stopped in because I really LOVE your rings! That AVC ring by Victor is one of my dream rings! I am thrilled to know you are happy with the L!!! What do you think about a squarish L AVC in the VanC setting? My only hesitation with that is that I'd love a larger one like you have since I think I can go lower in color with an AVC! I just need a million dollars to do all my projects! :lol: I love your AVR ring, too! Just gorgeous! :love:

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1349966205|3283257 said:
@Diamondseeker2006 - I just wanted to add my 2 cents here! I have G AVR and an L AVC.

In relation to the L AVC
I know what I'm about to say is going to be controversial here - but I am so glad I didn't see it before I bought it! Why? Because I'm probably 100% certain that if I had seen it unset, I probably would have been extremely critical, disappointed and wanting to return it. I now have a magnificent ring, that generally looks "white" - and for anyone to say otherwise would be very, very critical of them. It never looks yellow, heck, it doesn't even look tinted in real life. Photos do not do it justice! I do have to also say that my stone is not set with melee and wont be worn with any other rings - which might be a consideration for you. But all I'm trying to say is not to be too critical of the colour unset. It won't be that noticeable once set!

In relation to the G AVR
One day, I'd love a 2ct AVR or a genuine OEC so that I can really see and enjoy the faceting more - and if it meant going lower in colour to get the size I wanted, then I would do it! As it would be worn as an e-ring, I might consider putting it in a setting with a pretty basket to cover the profile, because other people are critical of colour in an e-ring, but having my L and seeing how subtle the colour really is, I doubt I'd even bother doing that.

On a side note - I have to say that I love to look at my AVR most on a rainy day. When I'm outside under my navy blue with white polka dots and roses umbrella - IT IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT!!

EDIT: Oh, and put it in that VC setting you love! The setting "makes" the stone and "completes" the package! I had the same problem with my AVR not knowing which way to go, but I bit the bullet and bought the Tacori setting that I loved the most, and I'm so glad I did. I get giddy every time I look at it!

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you stopped in because I really LOVE your rings! That AVC ring by Victor is one of my dream rings! I am thrilled to know you are happy with the L!!! What do you think about a squarish L AVC in the VanC setting? My only hesitation with that is that I'd love a larger one like you have since I think I can go lower in color with an AVC! I just need a million dollars to do all my projects! :lol: I love your AVR ring, too! Just gorgeous! :love:

Are you kidding me .... I would LOVE it!! If you are asking me if I'd buy another L AVC - yes, absolutely! But, I would recommend that you see it in person first! Maybe they aren't all created equal and I was just lucky with mine - but my AVC does face up very white! There is a very subtle tint in profile, but I think the VanC setting (484 right?) has just enough detail to make the basket interesting, and provide a little cover.

The AVC tends to reflect more of those pastel colours than my AVR, but maybe that's because it's bigger?! The AVR shines like a torchlight! As far as a J in the AVR goes - I'd grab a 2ct-er if it was on offer! For an e-ring, that's my perfect size and colour combo in a AVR/OEC!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CaratLover2|1349968906|3283282 said:
diamondseeker2006|1349966205|3283257 said:

In relation to the L AVC

In relation to the G AVR

Are you kidding me .... I would LOVE it!! If you are asking me if I'd buy another L AVC - yes, absolutely! But, I would recommend that you see it in person first! Maybe they aren't all created equal and I was just lucky with mine - but my AVC does face up very white! There is a very subtle tint in profile, but I think the VanC setting (484 right?) has just enough detail to make the basket interesting, and provide a little cover.

The AVC tends to reflect more of those pastel colours than my AVR, but maybe that's because it's bigger?! The AVR shines like a torchlight! As far as a J in the AVR goes - I'd grab a 2ct-er if it was on offer! For an e-ring, that's my perfect size and colour combo in a AVR/OEC!

About a month ago I sent for an L amd M AVC. They were both gorgeous! The L would be good to set in a solitaire. The M I adored but I just wanted a larger one in that shape! That is why I am holding out for a larger AVC. But my priority is the AVR because I will wear that the most.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update: Tomorrow I will be receiving two AVR's to look at, a 1.91 J VS1 and a 2.19 I SI1! They are two slightly different cutting styles, so I get to compare size, color, clarity, and cut! I feel very good that I will at least be able to identify my preferences!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl:
Hoooray!!! oh, I sure hope one appeals to you - you've been thru quite the journey to get to this point -AVCs and AVRs! Would be perfect if the 2.19 I SI appeals --- that would really rock your VanC plans :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds great! The perfect way to find out what you like! And I'm loving the sizes of those stones! :naughty: Can't wait to hear what you think.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Will look forward to hearing your thoughts!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everybody! I can hardly wait!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everybody! I can hardly wait!

chicam

Shiny_Rock

The entire group is now following this thread, wishing you a happy outcome. Can't wait to hear your comparison of the incoming stones with the one that got away. That 2carater may work for you. Fingers crossed.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

junebug17|1350065990|3283954 said:
Sounds great! The perfect way to find out what you like! And I'm loving the sizes of those stones! :naughty: Can't wait to hear what you think.
^^ What she said!! :appl:

And DS... I have a question.. I didn't follow your first thread when you were apparently talking about not wanting a stone too big?? Can you either link me to that thread, or give me a quick recap? I just want to know the whole story. Thanks!! ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chicam|1350073938|3284052 said:
The entire group is now following this thread, wishing you a happy outcome. Can't wait to hear your comparison of the incoming stones with the one that got away. That 2carater may work for you. Fingers crossed.

So very kind of you! Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dougsgirl|1350074578|3284060 said:

And DS... I have a question.. I didn't follow your first thread when you were apparently talking about not wanting a stone too big?? Can you either link me to that thread, or give me a quick recap? I just want to know the whole story. Thanks!! ;-)

:lol: I am nuts. You will figure that out if you wasted the time to follow my journeys of indecision! But here was the first big decision!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-beautiful-diamonds.47897/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-beautiful-diamonds.47897/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is not all that likely that I will choose the larger AVR. But I need to see it to know for sure. And to compare I color to J.

I have to leave for a rehearsal dinner so I will check back in later tonight!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1350075263|3284074 said:

:lol: I am nuts. You will figure that out if you wasted the time to follow my journeys of indecision! But here was the first big decision!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-beautiful-diamonds.47897/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/two-beautiful-diamonds.47897/[/URL]

I am so glad Dougsgirl asked this question. I have been wondering about this to! I have reading to do now! :read:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

ClassyRocks|1350075472|3284081 said:

I am so glad Dougsgirl asked this question. I have been wondering about this to! I have reading to do now! :read:

OK, I have only read the first 3 pages! I have been screaming inside the whole time "take the 1.63, bigger is better"! This is like a novel, and I am really tempted to skip to the ending! :Up_to_something:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1350076390|3284088 said:
:lol: I think I have outgrown some of my hesitation!! But I might find it funny to reread myself!

BUT here is a great video Jon just shot of one of the new AVR stones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErLqIYSpxiE&feature=channel&list=UL
I just saw that video on their FB. It is a gorgeous AVR.
I can't wait to see what you think of the two AVRs you are getting tomorrow. I have been following your journey but haven't posted much, as I unfortunately don't have any experience with AVRs...yet! ;))

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

:lol: I think I have outgrown some of my hesitation!! But I might find it funny to reread myself!

GAH!!! Amazing!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Oh my gosh... I can't wait until you get these diamonds at your house and take a TON of pictures for us!!! I wish I could be there!!
Ohhhhh I hope you get one!!! :appl:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

ClassyRocks|1350076805|3284092 said:
ClassyRocks|1350075472|3284081 said:

OK, I have only read the first 3 pages! I have been screaming inside the whole time "take the 1.63, bigger is better"! This is like a novel, and I am really tempted to skip to the ending! :Up_to_something:

Well, all I would have had to do is read one more page before I posted the above! BTW, I like your Mother! :naughty: Your finger will be able to handle the size of the new rocks just fine, if you eyes like the color and cut . . . I totally get that! :wavey:

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

Dougsgirl|1350077406|3284097 said:

GAH!!! Amazing!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Oh my gosh... I can't wait until you get these diamonds at your house and take a TON of pictures for us!!! I wish I could be there!!
Ohhhhh I hope you get one!!! :appl:

I just watch the video! Wow! DS, I really like it in the video; I'm being totally honest . . . I wouldn't comment if I did not like it! I am also anxious to hear what your first reaction is when you open the package. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1350075409|3284078 said:
It is not all that likely that I will choose the larger AVR. But I need to see it to know for sure. And to compare I color to J.

Aw DS, never say never!! :naughty: :devil: :D

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

junebug17|1350079672|3284131 said:
diamondseeker2006|1350075409|3284078 said:

Aw DS, never say never!! :naughty: :devil: :D

THIS! :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh YES!! DS, that is a gorgeous stone! I hope you like it IRL - love the chunky flashes and the faceting looked perfect (well... DUH! ... of course!)

Eager to hear what you think when they arrive :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hahaha! I had forgotten about my mother saying something about getting a 2 ct.! I haven't reread that thread ever, I don't think! Some night when I can't sleep maybe I'll do it! (For the newcomers, I decided to sell that 1.63 stone because it had increased a lot in value. I got another stone (1.58 G VS1) that was a good deal to replace it. At that time there simply were no AVR's in the size range I wanted and they were coming in rarely. So I didn't really have much hope of getting one. And fast forward to late summer when I decided I really wanted an AVR and Jonathan told me he had some coming in.)

After a fun rehearsal dinner and a couple of glasses of wine, that 2 ct. AVR seems better and better! Too bad it isn't arriving tonight! :lol: However, that one is the old style cut and the J is the new style cut, so I will be interested to see if I prefer one over the other.

Glad some of you had the chance to watch the video of the baby sister of the 1.9 J stone coming tomorrow! I think it looks great, too!

And...dougsgirl, I wish you were all here, too!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey DS! I'm so excited to hear what you think of the stones when you get them. I too noticed there seems to have been a change in cutting style recently (smaller tables, etc) - what has Jon said about that???? I'm curious as to what he changed and why.

Can't wait for lots of pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ecf8503|1350094457|3284286 said:
Hey DS! I'm so excited to hear what you think of the stones when you get them. I too noticed there seems to have been a change in cutting style recently (smaller tables, etc) - what has Jon said about that???? I'm curious as to what he changed and why.

Can't wait for lots of pics!

:wavey: Hey, ecf! He didn't tell me why, but one of the changes does seem to be a smaller table. I'll hopefully be able to see the difference in the two stones that are coming, but I will ask him once I decide my preferences.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock

Hey DS... Go check out Classy's Gallery thread... I posted a question there for you two. :D

And you can bet I'll be there in spirit tomorrow!! I remember having 2 AVC's in my house... SO much fun!!! And you know what they say... Go BIG or go HOME!!! :appl:

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1350063357|3283931 said:
Update: Tomorrow I will be receiving two AVR's to look at, a 1.91 J VS1 and a 2.19 I SI1! They are two slightly different cutting styles, so I get to compare size, color, clarity, and cut! I feel very good that I will at least be able to identify my preferences!

Awesome ... I have high hopes for the J ... but I think the "I" might just end up knocking out the J. Can't wait to see some pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results