shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW HPD's Queen Pari - 2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for Jewel of the Week. I am sure that the entire HPD team is honored for this special recognition.

A special recognition and appreciation to @Winks_Elf , HPD's Sales Manager and chief designer for working with me on this. Without her, this ring would not have been created (and yes I can be a PITA at times).

Also many thanks to @HPDJME for her gorgeous glamour photos.

And special appreciation to @Wink , my personal jeweler since 2004 and dear friend.

Finally, to @Paul-Antwerp for his vision and expertise in crafting this beautiful diamond.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply gorgeous. I love the halo and everything about it.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your style Cflutist and I love all your pieces. I would also love to see you in performance sometime.

This ring is a beauty. I can’t decide which ring I love more, I really think it is a tie. All are so beautiful.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist -

I had to wait 2 days to comment on your new ring. I honestly didn't know what to say. I'd log on, see your thread, then think - "Nope. Still too overwhelming." I had to wait for my reaction to calm down a little before I could find the words.

I love it. I think it's perfect. I think it's one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. It literally leaves me speechless.

It's stunning, stunning, stunning.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist -

I had to wait 2 days to comment on your new ring. I honestly didn't know what to say. I'd log on, see your thread, then think - "Nope. Still too overwhelming." I had to wait for my reaction to calm down a little before I could find the words.

I love it. I think it's perfect. I think it's one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. It literally leaves me speechless.

It's stunning, stunning, stunning.

Thank you very much for your kind words @mrs-b .

At first I was so out of my element. Never bought a diamond lower than F color, never did a halo, cup or no cup, ? With PSers help , I finally decided au naturel, embrace what it is, a superideal cut Q-VVS2 CBI diamond, not a fancy vivid yellow cushion. In the past I had no trouble spotting the inclusions in my SI1 and VS1 diamonds with a 10x loupe. I am still looking for that one cloud in this VVS2 with my 30x loupe even though I know where it is on the plot map. :lol:

At one point I was so unsure of myself that @Wink suggested that he cancel the sale, honest, I still have a screen print of that message. :lol-2: I am sure glad that he didn't :P2

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope Wink gets some more warmer stones in. The lowest he has now is a K. This ring makes me long for a warmer stone big time. Holy cow it is so beautiful that I keep coming back over and over again to ogle, long and covet.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Wink made exactly what you wanted. Thank you for sharing the progress photos, those are all so fun.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy moly! It's gorgeous and I love how her personality is so clearly different from your other pieces!! Well done!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great piece. I'd love to see it IRL--cuz as great as the pictures are--I doubt they do it justice.

cheers--Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring and stone is a stunner under those lights. It has such personality.

I probably wouldn’t have a stone cut just for me because primarily I couldn’t pick exactly what I wanted. I’m more of a ‘I’ll know it when I see it’ kind of buyer. Although, I do know I love your Q.....

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how the prongs seem to come from the bottom of the flower and wrap around the stone. Just beautiful!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a video that my hubby made using his camera of Queen Pari on stage. As expected she goes dark under the bright stage lights..

Here is the video that Wink made of Queen Pari in his office.
She sure looks different in different lighting.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular flower indeed! :P2 Those photos by HPDJME are beyond stunning. What a beautiful work of art! Congrats!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What do you make of Q versus FY ?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What do you make of Q versus FY ?

Have not compared themmside by side because my Tiffany FY Cushion is in the bank vault now (don't wear that ring anymore).

Also if you look at Wink's video, he is wearing white gloves so the white balance is off a little bit.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a true masterpiece !!wow:love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was CAD #1, hideous imo. :lol-2:
All I could think of was how much all of that pave would cost :lol:

ZZ 182029_Perspective angle.png

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a video that my hubby made using his camera of Queen Pari on stage. As expected she goes dark under the bright stage lights..

Here is the video that Wink made of Queen Pari in his office.
She sure looks different in different lighting.

This is just spectacular. First, you showed great courage and foresight and “thought leadership” to select a Q in a modern cut. Second, I have no idea how you came up with the idea for such a unique setting design in the first place, looked beyond the first CAD version of the ring and distilled it to execute such a sleek yet romantic design. Your final ring is an instant classic, and is in my Legendary Pricescope rings category. Bravo all around!

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just spectacular. First, you showed great courage and foresight and “thought leadership” to select a Q in a modern cut. Second, I have no idea how you came up with the idea for such a unique setting design in the first place, looked beyond the first CAD version of the ring and distilled it to execute such a sleek yet romantic design. Your final ring is an instant classic, and is in my Legendary Pricescope rings category. Bravo all around!

@LightBright

I knew that I wanted to try my first halo, and wanted it to be contrasting, but I didn't want it to look like an e-ring since I have three other rings that could be worn as an e-ring. So I thought what about something with petals, well they went overboard with petals in CAD1. :lol-2:
CAD2 had a flattened halo but the prongs were on the outside so the outline was not as defined. CAD3 was exactly how I liked it.

Also I wanted the gallery rather plain so that the pavilion would be visible and easy to clean. I stand at the sink with liquid soap and a toothbrush, don't even need to remove the ring to clean it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results