shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ratatouille made with the veggies picked fresh from the garden I visited. Smoked the bell peppers and tomatoes for the piperade. It took just shy of 3 hours of baking after assembled, but so very worth the wait. DH called it "marvelous" and other such complimentary words. (Which is rare for him!)
IMG_20200904_145445521.jpg
IMG_20200904_181335541.jpg
IMG_20200904_190937489.jpg
IMG_20200904_211859166.jpg IMG_20200904_215253821.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I added a serrano pepper to DH's breakfast this morning. Just one. I have done this with peppers from the store before so didn't anticipate a problem. He says it tasted delicious. Good, but.... WOW. The cloud of chili essence it put into the air as it cooked left me coughing with lungs and sinuses burning like you wouldn't believe. 30 minutes later and my sinuses are still sore.
Important lesson is that fresh chilis pack a lot more flavor than the ones from the grocery store. Plan and ventilate the room accordingly :lol:

IMG_20200904_083235134.jpg

That has happened to me a couple of times when ive coated chicken in a hot chillie sauce and then pan fried it
I coughed and sputtered for about an hour afterwards, very unpleasent

And now i can't remember what hot sauce did it ...
It was delicouse

Maybe its a good excuss to cook outside !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ratatouille made with the veggies picked fresh from the garden I visited. Smoked the bell peppers and tomatoes for the piperade. It took just shy of 3 hours of baking after assembled, but so very worth the wait. DH called it "marvelous" and other such complimentary words. (Which is rare for him!)
IMG_20200904_145445521.jpg
IMG_20200904_181335541.jpg
IMG_20200904_190937489.jpg
IMG_20200904_211859166.jpg IMG_20200904_215253821.jpg

I feel like i want to eat a million dollars looking at that :lickout:
Zuchinni are about $30 a kg(Aussie have some cucubit disease and imports are banned) tomatoes $13

If you have some tomatoes left slow roast them with garlic and freezs them for winter soup. Racheal Ray has the most delicouse slow roasted tomatoes and garlic soup recepie

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made the christmas pudding in the freezer into rum balls
It was a shame because they had matured beautifully but Gary didn't like them
I broke them up and added coconut, icing sugar, condensed milk, melted chocolate chips and lots of rum
They are the size of cricket balls !

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bun Rieu for dinner tonight.

My version is not authentic but the boys like it because they don't like the floating raft in the soup (the translation of the dish is floaties noodle!!!). They much rather the clearer version with deep fried soft shell crab on the side.

IMG_20200905_185731.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I added a serrano pepper to DH's breakfast this morning. Just one. I have done this with peppers from the store before so didn't anticipate a problem. He says it tasted delicious. Good, but.... WOW. The cloud of chili essence it put into the air as it cooked left me coughing with lungs and sinuses burning like you wouldn't believe. 30 minutes later and my sinuses are still sore.
Important lesson is that fresh chilis pack a lot more flavor than the ones from the grocery store. Plan and ventilate the room accordingly :lol:

IMG_20200904_083235134.jpg
Your warning about the chili brings back some memories for me.

When I was at university, I had twice caused the house manager to investigate the kitchen, as the smoke from the jalapeno peppers I was stir frying set off the fire alarms in the dormitory. Both times I felt judged, like "really? Do you need to cook so many chili peppers at one time?"

:lol-2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the first time since I can remember, I began eating more than once per day. I have been an intermittent faster since high school and have always maintained a decent weight. Ugh, boredom and anxiety during Covid got the best of me and I inched up 15 pounds, a ton on my 5'2" frame. When we came back to Texas, I buckled down, gave up sugar and bread, etc. I went back to IF and I feel great!! It's been a month and I'm down 8 lbs.! Back in my old jeans already and about 7 more pounds to go. I am convinced sugar is a drug. I am also convinced that the only way for me is IF.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the first time since I can remember, I began eating more than once per day. I have been an intermittent faster since high school and have always maintained a decent weight. Ugh, boredom and anxiety during Covid got the best of me and I inched up 15 pounds, a ton on my 5'2" frame. When we came back to Texas, I buckled down, gave up sugar and bread, etc. I went back to IF and I feel great!! It's been a month and I'm down 8 lbs.! Back in my old jeans already and about 7 more pounds to go. I am convinced sugar is a drug. I am also convinced that the only way for me is IF.

We are trying really hard to give up sugar so what an inspiration you are !

Only somewhat successfully so far but we can now taste the natural sweetness in milk
I want to make a cheesecake for my birthday but Gary isnt too fond of coconut or almond so i brought a packet of sugar free choc chip biscuits for the base
Tiny little biscuits - 13 in total - $4 what a rip off - so we ate them
The only nice bits were the choc chips

Ive desided just to make a really thin base out of homemade ANZAC biscuits

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today was Father's Day so I made this for hubby for breakfast:

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200906104400184.jpg

We went out for a simple Japanese lunch:

IMG_20200906_131159.jpg
IMG_20200906_131728.jpg

I was doing Gary a big bacon and egg etc cooked breakfast but he asked for bacon sandwhiches so that's what he got

voce

Ideal_Rock
Me too, so here is a dish I made for dinner last night pictured while it was still being on a frying pan, not on a plate. Unhealthy Ukrainian dish. And then it was on my plate with added smocked oysters and pepper/garlic spread.
IMG_2861 (2).JPG
IMG_2863 (2).JPG

That looks interesting! May I please have the dish name in Cyrillic alphabet so I can look up a recipe?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
That looks interesting! May I please have the dish name in Cyrillic alphabet so I can look up a recipe?

It is easier to tell you how to do it. First steam several yellow (white, red) potatoes in a rice cooker/steamer till you can penetrate them with a knife. If you don't have a plan to use them immediately, then let them cool down and hide into the fridge for later use. Buy a good pork belly (it is even less healthy option then mine) that has more meat and less fat or look for Boston Butt (if you can, ask the butcher to cut a neck part, coppa part for you). We have a Tokyo Central nearby (former Marukai market), they sell small, around 1lb prepackaged pieces of Kurobuta neck meat. It is my absolutely favorite cut of pork! Cut meat into small (1" by 1") cubes and fry it with chopped medium to big onion on Lo, stir often, don't burn. I add salt and pepper right away. I prefer using a pan with a lid so there are some liquids preserved. Ideally cook for 40-60 minutes. While it is still cooking, peel and cut your potatoes. Then add them to the pan. Stir and let flavors melt for 20 min. Meanwhile chop several cloves of garlic and fresh dill (we love a combination of garlic and dill!!!). Add them to the pan and wait for additional 5 min before turning heat off. Put on a plate and sprinkle with chopped fresh scallions and parsley. I didn't have a time for chopping parsley yesterday, I was busy photographing :mrgreen: You may look for Жареная картошка со свининой и луком (fried potato with pork and onions). Most people use raw uncooked potatoes, but I prefer using previously steamed ones. Now I know why! I usually add Worcestershire sauce to the mix of meat and onions. And raw potatoes doesn't respond well to acidic ingredients while cooking. So in order to have a 100% good result, I add precooked potatoes to stews and soups or add acidic elements after potatoes are cooked through.

Last edited:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I've gained 10 pounds in one week, and this... THIS is to blame. German chocolate cake I made my fiance. I'm eating well, too well. Next is a pantry clean out, waste not!

20200905_184636.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chinese mooncakes with 4 salted duck eggs in each cake super high cholesterols ....instant heart attack!! ... faintthud.gif

IMG_1336.jpg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chinese mooncakes with 4 salted duck eggs in each cake super high cholesterols ....instant heart attack!! ... faintthud.gif

IMG_1336.jpg

Omg yuuuum

I'm debating when to get mine!!!! We eat the same brand from Hong Kong!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg yuuuum

I'm debating when to get mine!!!! We eat the same brand from Hong Kong!
The best ones are made in HK. I like Wing Wah or Maxim's. The prices kept on going up every yr. The Maxim's 3 yolk are more expensive than the Wing Wah 4 yolk. I'm on my 2nd box. I already ate a box from Maxim's... :silenced:

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
6C4ACE65-B6DA-4F73-AF7A-730DE878D730.jpeg FE086B01-9937-4065-81A5-FF9C539793DA.jpeg I have been going through a funk, and not much appetite...so not cooking a whole bunch. But here are 3 things from the last few weeks that I had on my camera.
First is chicken Marsala, with quinoa and Parmesan lemon pepper cauliflower. Second pic is spam fried rice (oops quinoa), and last pic is oxtail stew! 797D8C08-7FF3-46FE-85EF-B3E7392E64F1.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Why does quinoa look so weird??

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200912_113118[1].jpg

:shock:

I went to Presidente today as the farm stand nearest me is closed because of Covid cases among staff. Its one of the few places I can get turkey necks for the puppy currently as well, which she needed. They carry a lot from that most from Central/South American or from the islands would expect to buy. Its also one of the few places that will not gouge you to death on dried moringa or hibuscus flowers for tea.

So I saw these. I was hungry. One should never shop hungry.

The ceviche one tastes like ceviche....I don't know how they managed it...:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results