shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

voce

Ideal_Rock
what's that tantalising looking thingy in the heart shaped pan ?
and happy birthday =)2

It's a caramel gelatin over coconut cream jelly. I always prefer a cold dessert over say, cake, for a summer birthday. Especially when it's hot.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
last night i made stuffed chicken breast with cream cheese, pine nuts and apricot wrapped in bacon
i found if i mind of propped it up in the pan everything stayed in
i had already eatten the kumera by this stage but with NZ yams and peas & corn. Gary got a honey sesame carrot but i hate carrots 20200822_184343.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a caramel gelatin over coconut cream jelly. I always prefer a cold dessert over say, cake, for a summer birthday. Especially when it's hot.

sounds yummy
enjoy
i like puddings over cakes

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Added this word to the list of the words I am learning today :D

dear Musia, i am in awe of you and so many other PSers who do not have English as a first language
you put those of us who only have English as a language to shame

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
dear Musia, i am in awe of you and so many other PSers who do not have English as a first language
you put those of us who only have English as a language to shame

It is a shame I wasn't serious about learning English my entire life in the US. Finally I decided I couldn't die if I can't speak this language properly. Maybe I will live forever? :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a shame I wasn't serious about learning English my entire life in the US. Finally I decided I couldn't die if I can't speak this language properly. Maybe I will live forever? :bigsmile:

i have enough trouble with English
we tend to mumble a lot from where im from according to my north island raised other half

you should hear you accent as i hear your words in my head when i read your posts =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I struggled with the Kiwi words for things that were COMPLETELY different from what we called them in England when I lived i NZ - Kumera, egg plant, zucchini.... to name but a few!

its a funny old world :mrgreen2:
but the best of the internet brings us all together =)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight solidified how much I don't like crab .... He on the other hand loved it and wants me to make it again. I will never make it again and i used my sister's recipe...portabella with crab stuffing. I should have known better.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abalone steamed in sake with abalone liver sauce, uni I killed with my own two hands, smoked salmon sliced sashimi style, freshly grated wasabi, and a glass of Dassai 39.

1112D473-A6CB-45D5-9514-A8051594C993.jpeg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Abalone steamed in sake with abalone liver sauce, uni I killed with my own two hands, smoked salmon sliced sashimi style, freshly grated wasabi, and a glass of Dassai 39.

1112D473-A6CB-45D5-9514-A8051594C993.jpeg

I am impressed with your abalone and freshly grated wasabi :-o After reading your earlier post regarding your plans for using sake and making duck egg chawanmushi tomorrow, I was also looking for duck eggs but found none ;( I wanted to try making salted eggs.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am impressed with your abalone and freshly grated wasabi :-o After reading your earlier post regarding your plans for using sake and making duck egg chawanmushi tomorrow, I was also looking for duck eggs but found none ;( I wanted to try making salted eggs.

Thanks! I’ve seen duck eggs at Whole Foods. I won’t use the full dozen so I’m giving my mom the rest to make salted eggs.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
93E10F64-8E51-401D-9070-50394CF9B771.jpeg

B831F829-337E-4120-B1A6-0CDCADE4AD8C.jpeg
I made a keto chocolate cake ....so amazingly moist and very low carb! However, dh and I then broke our low carb “diet” by caving and getting sushi for dinner!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just made a “low carb” version for lunch using spaghetti squash. Just as tasty!

Looks delish @jaysonsmom and I agree. Spaghetti squash rocks. I love it. I was first introduced to spaghetti squash by the West Point resident when I was an intern. She was vegan (like I was at the time) and invited me over her home for dinner and this was part of the meal. It was incredible.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Tonight we are having our typical Ukrainian style potatoes, pan fried in sunflower oil, and pan fried beef hot dogs and onions.
It is our 36th anniversary and we are eating nostalgic dishes. The poor people's feast.
IMG_2780 (2).JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight we are having our typical Ukrainian style potatoes, pan fried in sunflower oil, and pan fried beef hot dogs and onions.
It is our 36th anniversary and we are eating nostalgic dishes. The poor people's feast.
IMG_2780 (2).JPG

that actually looks yummy
care to shear the recepie as i have a bag of franks in the freezer

voce

Ideal_Rock
IMG_2780 (2).JPG

Happy anniversary! Your poor people's food is making me hungry. I still remember the time I made Ukrainian style syrniki for my fiance's family. Unfortunately, they can't enjoy borscht or Olivier salad because they don't eat pickles.

Like @Daisys and Diamonds I'd love it if you share your recipes.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
that actually looks yummy
care to shear the recepie as i have a bag of franks in the freezer

Absolutely unhealthy food but yummy :lickout:. We were eating mostly high fat/high calorie starchy foods in Ukraine when we were a part of the USSR because of being working hard physically and also because the climate was harsh. Our made in the USSR clothes and shoes didn't protect us from cold weather, our flats/apartments (aka affordable housing) were chilly during long winters. My mom as well as my MIL made this dish at least 2 times a week and neither of us were fat. Starchy potatoes fried in oil with often added pork belly most likely contributed at least 1500 calories to daily intake. I now cook the dish no more than a few times per year, only when husband asks or for major holiday.

You can thaw your franks in the fridge than fry them with onions and add to any side dish you want. Pasta, rice or mushed potatoes if you want to be sinful would work perfectly and they are much easier to cook :bigsmile:.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results