shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When carbs are life, homemade Focaccia! This is the first bread I've ever made. It was very easy and I'd make it again. IMG_20200414_133908.jpg

Recipe:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/easy-no-knead-focaccia/amp

I added one extra, I generally like things "Herby" so I added the Trader Joe's "Herbs de Provence" on top with the cracked salt. YUMMY. We used half and the other half is getting cut into bread sticks and going in the freezer.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When carbs are life, homemade Focaccia! This is the first bread I've ever made. It was very easy and I'd make it again. IMG_20200414_133908.jpg

Recipe:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/easy-no-knead-focaccia/amp

I added one extra, I generally like things "Herby" so I added the Trader Joe's "Herbs de Provence" on top with the cracked salt. YUMMY. We used half and the other half is getting cut into bread sticks and going in the freezer.

Yum
If i close my eyes i can smell it from here
id like to try this when all this is over as Gary isnt so keen on focacicci and my rosemary plant needs to grow a bit higher

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm saving this recipe. Thank you. Have been trying to make focaccia for ages, with no success!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just learned that a great local market offers produce and prepared foods online for pickup. I can finally get my hands on some Brillat-Savarin!!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, this thread has made me hungry. And that's a great thing because my appetite has decreased! Keep them coming!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohhh emmm geee this looks so good. :lickout:
While I cannot eat bread anymore this thread is satiating me just by seeing all the yummy bread and other dishes. Delish.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg's dinner last night. Spaghetti and cheese and beans with veggies and spinach and avocado.

gregsdinnerlastnight.png

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had take out! So yummy!

I woke up and decided it was the only thing I wanted to eat so put in my order and popped out to get it.

Was so good I forgot take a pic and tucked in right away. Just salt and pepper pork chop, century egg congee and satay prawn chow how. Sooo yummy

Torta Caprese with coffee gelato for dessert

IMG_20200415_235722.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I woke up and decided it was the only thing I wanted to eat so put in my order and popped out to get it.

Was so good I forgot take a pic and tucked in right away. Just salt and pepper pork chop, century egg congee and satay prawn chow how. Sooo yummy

IMG_20200415_235722.jpg

Ohhh emmm geee. You’re killing me. But I’m enjoying it. Please keep it coming. Yummmmm I can almost taste that pie and Gelato. Coffee? My fave.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_20200415_235722.jpg

Please be my new best friend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I made avocado toast today. It was meh. Whats the big deal about it anyway?

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I braved the nerves and went to the local smaller supermarket because we had no coffee or milk

IMG_20200415_235722.jpg

Love the china :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

I made avocado toast today. It was meh. Whats the big deal about it anyway?

cheers--Sharon

The more people who dont like avo the more for me:appl:

i remember back in the early 90s when my dad first got sick and he got this huge fruit basket of citrus and avos
mum didn't know what to do with it
we had never had guacamole
So mum served the avos with icecream thinking it was like it was a normal pear

The first time i made guacamole the avo was so hard i grated it :doh:

when i went back to South Africa in '97 i got reintroduced to them - i so didn't want to like them because they are always exspensive here
Too late
I like mine with lemon juice and freaky ground black pepper

we have a serouse black market problem in avos here - backyard trees and commercial orchards alike being targets of theives

There is a recepie for eggless chocolate mouse using avo
But im always waiting for them to get down to $1 each ....never seems to happen

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Move over girls. I love my avocados.

And I eat them every single day. Just keep hoping we can continue getting them. They are so good.
Enjoyed it in my dinner this evening.

dinnersaladgrilledonionssweetpotatoesbrusselsprouts.png

Looks DELISH! I could eat them everyday also.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
The scene from Forrest Gump, with Bubba talking about the shrimp... that's me with Avocado. I tell my little ones that don't care for it "more for me"! It was my baby food, I would eat a whole avocado!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steak with sauteed mushrooms and rice pilaf..
IMG_20200415_1840251.jpg
And later, chai tea and mini cheesecakes..
IMG_20200416_0022481.jpg

Love this so much!!! Thanks for taking the pic of the gorgeous tea set!!! Was a nice addition to my day!

Drakiol

Rough_Rock
I will not take pictures of food. I didn’t take pictures of her in normal times, but now even more so) Actually, I eat well, but I don’t focus on beauty, so a torn omelet for breakfast is extremely tasty, but it doesn’t look very beautiful) Apparently this is facilitated by a rhythmic background music, it’s hard to resist while cooking)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will not take pictures of food. I didn’t take pictures of her in normal times, but now even more so) Actually, I eat well, but I don’t focus on beauty, so a torn omelet for breakfast is extremely tasty, but it doesn’t look very beautiful) Apparently this is facilitated by a rhythmic background music, it’s hard to resist while cooking)

Don't let not pretty stop you from sharing photos! I promise the food I make rarely turns out pretty looking. As long as you enjoy eating it, that is what matters.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been out of the other thread in weeks (months?) and am thrilled to find this conversation! DH and I have both been sick since the middle of February. Between February 12/13 (give or take a day or so), I have been to a grocery store twice and had two grocery deliveries. We get a weekly produce box that has gotten less selection, quantity limits, and late/missed delivery with the increased demand. I added delivery from a local dairy farm a few weeks ago so we get fresh eggs, butter, and heavy cream delivered every week now. The dairy farm also has some items from local bakeries, fresh juices, coffee, and a few random other things.

I have definitely gained weight. Being super sick and stuck barely able to manage cooking a couple of meals a day has not helped! My biggest issue that way is that I have been too tired to eat the 4-5 meals per day my body needs to lose weight. I gain weight with any fewer meals so eating twice per day has not been good for me. I am also having to cook what food we have (or is available in the normal delivery service since grocery delivery has been near impossible for awhile now) and that I have energy to prepare. Okay, and a little bit of stress eating such as the chocolate coconut bread pudding I made for brunch the other day...

Meals today (definitely not great, but super low effort and that is what I needed today)
Matzo brei with turkey sausage and a tangelo.
Handmade matzo (not made by me!) with peanut butter.
Shredded chicken (from making soup) with BBQ sauce over tortilla chips.

IMG_20200412_140151219.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Made flat bread
a bit of disappointment
As baking powder is out of stock i brought cream of tarta to use with baking soda but i used too much snd
the flat breads were thick and doughy
ive desided bread making is not an ecconimical way to survive the lock down when a nice multi grain loaf is only $2 from the shop
my lock down loaf was good but we ate it up in one day
At least with cakes and biscuits they last a couple of days and although full of butter and sugar must be not as bad as brought ones

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results