shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
It's been soup central up in here. DH wanted pistou and then I couldn't find broth so I made some.

20200404_194425.jpg 20200405_155420.jpg 20200405_212359.jpg

The restaurant produce supply is like 3 blocks away so we have been in Hog heaven. They are open to the public thank god. DH loves indian cooking and we have enough lentils, barley, peas, beans, and rice to sink a ship. Thank goodness we are stocked on spices.

I called a time out for Passover and have been living on matzo balls and matzo crack.
20200408_181246.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I will make prime rib, creamed spinach, yorkshire pudding and cornmeal soufflé for Easter (Sunday) dinner. Actually looking forward to it! Pumpkin pie for dessert.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds (((HUGS))) from me too. As @mellowyellowgirl wisely writes we are here for each other and venting can be so good. Get it out and feel better and know we care about you and are here for you however we can be sweet friend. (((HUGS))) to you and to everyone who needs a big hug.

Thank you missy
I appreate that

and its good Greg is good at GF recepies
Gracie is such a sweetie

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
At Easter it was more often than not either mum's birthday, dad's burthday or their wedding anniversary
Dad's fav was pickled pork
now i absolutly hate corned beef but i like to have pickled pork once a year in Dad's memory, it can be quite hard to find in the supermarket
anyway not this year but we did have banana pancakes and a couple of strips of bacon for breakfast

am about to make chocolate Afghan biscuits for Easter, im hoping to have enough cocoa powder left for the icing or it might have to be a vinnila (maybe rum) butter icing and im going to make a childhod favourite fudge - just butter, sugar, milk, vinnila- if there isnt enough cocoa ill make it ginger

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@Arcadian somewhere I have an awesome recipe for a chard and sausage soup, if I can find it I will post it for you :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
So much fabulous looking food!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm making bang bang shrimp eggs Benedict and roasted brussel sprouts- the Chrissy Teigen recipe- for brunch for the two of us tomorrow.

And some cheese. I had bought some cheese from Cowgirl Creamery.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I got chard in my box, no idea how to cook it (anyone have any tasty recipes???
Leaves cook like spinach, stems chop and sauté with garlic, ginger, soy.
You can make spanokopita with it, just chop the stems finely before you put the other softer leaves in. Love chard! It’s so good.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m seriously thinking about getting some panko-style pork rinds. I’m running low on actual panko-style bread crumbs.

This one’s for the Keto fans who miss breading.

Edit: ok, I did it. I ordered it. Couldn’t resist the 15% off promo code. I hope this stuff is good!

Pics please when you get it! Fascinating!

I might make pork rinds with the kid tomorrow! We call it crackling in Australia. Looooooove it!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I’m seriously thinking about getting some panko-style pork rinds. I’m running low on actual panko-style bread crumbs.

This one’s for the Keto fans who miss breading.

Edit: ok, I did it. I ordered it. Couldn’t resist the 15% off promo code. I hope this stuff is good!
Funny you should mention this. I just started to make my own pork rinds breadcrumbs.

And by making, I mean I put some pork rinds in a ziplock bag, and smash it up with a mallet, lol.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny you should mention this. I just started to make my own pork rinds breadcrumbs.

And by making, I mean I put some pork rinds in a ziplock bag, and smash it up with a mallet, lol.

That’s awesome! How do they compare to regular breadcrumbs in your experience?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
That’s awesome! How do they compare to regular breadcrumbs in your experience?
So far I've only used it in a curry chicken & broccoli casserole.

In the finished dish, it's really comparable to regular panko. I don't think DH noticed a difference.

But in the jar, my homemade version has a decidedly gamy porky smell, lol.

You'll have to let me know how you like the ready-made version.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far I've only used it in a curry chicken & broccoli casserole.

In the finished dish, it's really comparable to regular panko. I don't think DH noticed a difference.

But in the jar, my homemade version has a decidedly gamy porky smell, lol.

You'll have to let me know how you like the ready-made version.

Thanks, will report back! I plan on putting it on roasted cauliflower. If it does have the same texture as panko, I’ll probably bread some pork chops as well.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer food that is easy to prepare and has minimal cleanup. Lunch today:

butter pecan.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

butter pecan.jpg

A fine choice, to be sure! (I gotta stop watching period romances.)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I had tacos and forgot to take a pic for you guys!!!! I should be voted off the PS Island!

Also made pumpkin soup for lunch!

Hoping to make pulled pork and make tacos out of that so will definitely take a photo for you then!

@Daisys and Diamonds goodluck grocery shopping munchkin! I am going to buy fish tomorrow! We can compare war stories!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

butter pecan.jpg

I am SO JEALOUS you have this flavour! We only have vanilla,salted caramel and strawberry! No one wants that!!!

I LOVE pecans! So jealous right now!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I had tacos and forgot to take a pic for you guys!!!! I should be voted off the PS Island!

Also made pumpkin soup for lunch!

Hoping to make pulled pork and make tacos out of that so will definitely take a photo for you then!

@Daisys and Diamonds goodluck grocery shopping munchkin! I am going to buy fish tomorrow! We can compare war stories!

Gosh I love pumpkin soup so much.
Speaking of pumpkin...
My DH had pumpkin ravioli last night for dinner. Yummmmm.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.25.14 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

butter pecan.jpg

Haha that is right up my alley. I have been eating a pint of ice cream every single night. But I did this before Covid 19 so cannot blame it on the virus. :oops:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.29.20 AM.png

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Eating more than I usually do. Just to kill time. Ironic since there’s an artificial food shortage here since people are hoarding food. And the food supply is basically blocked because of the lockdown and quarantine. I still manage to have food and groceries delivered though. Hence I’ve gained a good 1kg since the start of the Lockdown about a month ago.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omelette for my DH this evening. Beans, sirloin strips (from Costco), mixed veggies and cheese.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 5.32.39 PM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was a bit worried about using the last beer in the house and 3 cups of flour for lock down loaf when we had ran out of baking powder and self raising flour
But i used lemon juice and baking soda and it worked

I cooked up a packet of dumplings i found under the ice tray in the freezer then we had the beer bread with peanut butter
The house smelt amazing
Its dense but moist and chewy and tastes malty
Im dedinatly going to keep making this when this is all over

Attachments

• 20200414_205037.jpg
    20200414_205037.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200414_205033.jpg
    20200414_205033.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 30
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results