shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds *big hug hugs*

That really sucks!!!! It just sucks!!!!!! You are the best egg to soldier on and be so nice as well!!!!

I wish I could say something to comfort you but it all sounds a bit trite to be honest.

You were the warm and kindness i needed =)2
Thank you melloyellowgirl

When i finished high school i entered the job market durring a deep recession
I can do it again
I have too many bling projects pending to give up ;)2
And our house needs insulating- the cats are feeling the cold
I find its the cold that gets me down, never used to worry me growing up, but then my parents always had a huge power bill and our family home was always warm

My aim, medium term is to get a job at any building supply firm in direct compition with my last employer - i know i have excellent customer service skills, am a soldidly consistant sales person and have a deep and broad product knowledge, every sale i can take from them will be my own personal mental bonus

Insidently the cats had some shaved ham as an Easter treat, Borris who was off her food yesterday, gobbled it up, and Tibby is up for just about anything also enjoyed some grated cheese

i made pizza for tea using home grown tomatos, basil, tyme and orangano and bits and bobs from the freezer i keep for pizza
it was as good as a brought one and we had one each
I should have taken a picture but i didn't want to scare any Italian Americans with the pinnaple :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like roasted brussels.

These are really good.

I leave the bacon out personally, but I think they'd be good even without the cheese. I really like the cheese with them though.

I am a roasted brussel sprout fiend lol. I have them every night (and hope I can continue getting them). Last night's dinner was yummy. Roasted brussels sprouts, grilled onions, grilled sweet potatoes (I prefer the white skin organic sweet potatoes and we were able to get those...score!) avocado and sardines. I am lucky I like sardines otherwise I might have trouble getting protein right now.

dinnersaladwithsweetpotatoesbrusselsproutsgrilledonionsandsardines.png

and my DH enjoyed another omelet Greg style.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.40.18 AM.png

and Gracie was all over his dessert again lol. Yummmmm Cookie.
Chocolate chip. Last night he had Oatmeal. All quite delicious according to him.

cookieyummmm.png

That is some cookie. And ironically Gracie's original name (before we adopted her) was Cookie and she goes crazy for them. The rescue people had no clue when they named her lol. It did suit her very well though. But so does Gracie suit her. So her name is now Gracie Frances Cookie lol.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.43.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.42.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 7.43.50 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds (((HUGS))) from me too. As @mellowyellowgirl wisely writes we are here for each other and venting can be so good. Get it out and feel better and know we care about you and are here for you however we can be sweet friend. (((HUGS))) to you and to everyone who needs a big hug.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first kale chips. I made it with sugar instead of salt, and I like it! Kids said no to eating "trees" as they call it, so I'm having it as a side of beer. Just about the only healthy food I've eaten lately...
20200410_201354.jpg

Oh this looks so yummy. Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to take the healthy out of my brussel sprouts by deep frying them in duck fat, then seasoning with aged balsamic.

:lol: However you enjoy them works. They still have some heatlhy to them even fried in duck fat I am guessing and aged balsamic is yummm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im going to make the 3 ingrediant lemonade scones
I got some sprite the other night as we don't usually have fizzy drink in the house and ive got an open can of coconut cream

That sounds delicious. Please share photos if you do make these! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I am loathe to eat in the cafeteria but I don't pack lunches. Things are very restricted now but my fresh grilled chicken salad with quinoa and fresh veggies was really good. I am trying to look on the bright side of things.:))

That sounds very yummy Sharon. I happen to enjoy certain hospital food too and airline food but those were in days past. Not sure airlines serve food anymore but when they did and when I used to fly I liked the airline meals. Of course I got vegetarian meals so not sure if it differed in quality from the non veg meals.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiramisu cake

When you're in lockdown and the only thing that'll cheer you up is a tiramisu cake.....you make one!

The piping is way too big and it's not nicely decorated like normal but it's a pandemic so I peaced out a bit. Piping is allowed to be dodgy in a pandemic!

IMG_20200411_223316.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiramisu cake

When you're in lockdown and the only thing that'll cheer you up is a tiramisu cake.....you make one!

The piping is way too big and it's not nicely decorated like normal but it's a pandemic so I peaced out a bit. Piping is allowed to be dodgy in a pandemic!

IMG_20200411_223316.jpg

I'd love to see the inside of it...looks yummy.
Showed Greg and he said "that looks fantastic"
:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the inside of pies and cakes...the heart of what makes them so yummy.:lickout:

applepieyummy.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toasted barley and leek soup (with chicken!) last night. much of the vegetables came from my farm box and I generally make this one up as I go along, depending on what I have available.

But I got chard in my box, no idea how to cook it (anyone have any tasty recipes???

Different farmer is doing Boynton Beach, 10 dollar boxes to your car today, mix of fruit and vegetables Barley is the wonder grain, I love using it as its very versatile.

Palm City Farm stand is also open for business Most places though will be closing for easter down here including the big box stores. Good, I hope they also do this for thanksgiving and stay closed!

Tonight will be the something naughty (restaurant night! :appl: ) I don't know what though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here ya go @missy

It really hit the spot!

IMG_20200411_234710.jpg

OMG I am not lying when I say I am salivating right now and this looks like a slice of heaven. Thank you so much for sharing it. :lickout:

Dare I say, better than bling at this moment. :shhh:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TR and I just got home from the grocery store... where we spent $396. :o

To be fair, a hundred of that was the ham we got for tomorrow, a box of wine and two bottles of prosecco, and two bags of salt for the water softener. I'm surprised Am Ex hasn't put a fraud alert on my card by now because the only things I've bought over the past month have been at the grocery store, and I NEVER go grocery shopping!

Tomorrow, along with the ham, we'll have mashed potatoes, green bean and mushroom soup casserole (I forgot those crispy onion things so bread crumbs it is!), and Red Lobster brand cheesy biscuits. If that doesn't get me quasi-step mother of the year the little buggers can just go outside and eat grass from now on!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we had a little surplus salad that I didn't want to spoil and so my DH steamed it with some avocado oil and all I can say is yummm. I cannot believe how good this is.

yumm.gif

I swear this tastes amazingly delicious.
Steamed spinach.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 1.33.10 PM.png

I mean it's not cheesecake but it's darn delicious.

And since I brought up cheesecake here ya go.

cheesecakenovember2017.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TR and I just got home from the grocery store... where we spent $396. :o

To be fair, a hundred of that was the ham we got for tomorrow, a box of wine and two bottles of prosecco, and two bags of salt for the water softener. I'm surprised Am Ex hasn't put a fraud alert on my card by now because the only things I've bought over the past month have been at the grocery store, and I NEVER go grocery shopping!

Tomorrow, along with the ham, we'll have mashed potatoes, green bean and mushroom soup casserole (I forgot those crispy onion things so bread crumbs it is!), and Red Lobster brand cheesy biscuits. If that doesn't get me quasi-step mother of the year the little buggers can just go outside and eat grass from now on!

What time do you want us over?

JK!
For now. But after Covid 19 we just might stop by. 8)

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
It is lumpy with fat globules. However these whip up perfectly and also if you add the thawed cream to soups and sauces it will dissolve in perfectly.

You really can't tell after it's whipped or made into pasta, soup, caramel sauce etc

I think if you had really hot tea or coffee it would dissolve.

Thanks, @mellowyellowgirl ! It should melt into tea/coffee quite well. I'll pick some up next time I find some. Think I'll freeze it in ice cube trays so I only have to defrost as much as I want, rather than the whole container. Yay!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the inside of pies and cakes...the heart of what makes them so yummy.:lickout:

applepieyummy.jpg

Sigh. I am so jealous. And I mean REALLY jealous.

I've been doing keto since January, due to having a big glucose spike after being on long term steroids. A case of the cure being worse than the disease. So now - no sugar at all for 3 months.

I miss pie. I miss bread. Most of all I miss my favorite food in the world - aka CAKE!

On the other hand, my glucose readings are a dream and I've lost a bunch of weight. So, swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I am so jealous. And I mean REALLY jealous.

I've been doing keto since January, due to having a big glucose spike after being on long term steroids. A case of the cure being worse than the disease. So now - no sugar at all for 3 months.

I miss pie. I miss bread. Most of all I miss my favorite food in the world - aka CAKE!

On the other hand, my glucose readings are a dream and I've lost a bunch of weight. So, swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

Don't be jealous! I cannot eat like this anymore. I am gluten and dairy and soy free (and other dietary restrictions too long and boring to list) so I feel ya sister...I really do!

But Greg managed to figure out an amazing gluten free (and friendly in other ingredients for me) recipe for cookies and now he is working on pie that I can eat. I will keep you posted. Obviously he's not doing it now as we are low on all ingredients but as soon as this pandemic is over watch this space.

And (((hugs))). Good for you for getting in shape and taking control of your health as much as you can @mrs-b. That isn't easy to do and you are a strong woman. I am sending you lots of well wishes and healthy vibes.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m seriously thinking about getting some panko-style pork rinds. I’m running low on actual panko-style bread crumbs.

This one’s for the Keto fans who miss breading.

Edit: ok, I did it. I ordered it. Couldn’t resist the 15% off promo code. I hope this stuff is good!

Last edited:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm steamed spinach! @missy I can never get enough spinach. I wouldn't pass up cheesecake, but I could eat buckets of spinach!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a BIG pot of chicken vegetable soup yesterday since it was cold and windy. It was really good!

IMG_8095.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ate two pieces of white toast for lunch.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m seriously thinking about getting some panko-style pork rinds. I’m running low on actual panko-style bread crumbs.

This one’s for the Keto fans who miss breading.

Edit: ok, I did it. I ordered it. Couldn’t resist the 15% off promo code. I hope this stuff is good!

Thank you SO much, @JPie! I've been meaning to get these for ages! Just ordered some.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results