shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds are your shops selling limited produce or you can't get to the shops?

I found toilet paper today of all miracles!

And mascarpone! Watch this space for a cake tomorrow!

@missy You have to tell me what you are eating! I am super intrigued because the food you post is for Greg. What are you eating? Is that food not to your liking?

Yay for finding toilet paper @mellowyellowgirl :appl:
And oooh mascarpone. Cannot wait for that cake. :lickout:

Haha my dishes are boring. Salad and veggies with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes and half an avocado and a protein which is usually sardines these days and occasionally langostinos or wild salmon if we can get it. I prefer taking photos of his meals. But here is one of my yummy meals. It is yummy just boring for most I think.

grilledkingsalmon.jpg

sweetpotatoesandbrusselsprouts.png

roastedonions.jpg

and I add it to the salad I make for us. Greg puts his in the pan and cooks it but I have my salad as is and add beets.

dinnersalad.png

I will try to remember taking a photo of my salad this evening for you @mellowyellowgirl
Do it!!!! With a beverage of choice too!

Seriously life has been hard lately. Eat your eggs and enjoy!

I agree! Life is hard. Enjoy your food and beverage of choice!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a more colorful salad I used to make. I don't eat tomatoes or peppers anymore but I used to love fresh Jersey Tomatoes.

mycolorfulsalad.png

and a vegan salad I cannot wait to get back to at my favorite Vegan restaurant. This is so yummy.

vegansalad.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love banana ice cream! Thanks for reminding me.

... I might just freeze bananas whole, sometimes peeled after [outer layer cut away with a knife, the peel thaws first], savage, but good, if you like icecream very cold to begin with.

thinking out loud

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I might just freeze bananas whole, sometimes peeled after [outer layer cut away with a knife, the peel thaws first], savage, but good, if you like icecream very cold to begin with.

thinking out loud

I generally peel them and then cut them into a few pieces before freezing so when I add them to the Vitamin (for a smoothie) it is easier to blend them. I don't remember the way the Yonana works now as it has been years since I used it but I froze bananas the same way when using the Yonana.

Reactions: AV_

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you might be the only person on the planet that says that hospital food is good! lol

(I hope you are ok..being at the hospital. Sorry I may have missed your post(s) about this).

Normally I am loathe to eat in the cafeteria but I don't pack lunches. Things are very restricted now but my fresh grilled chicken salad with quinoa and fresh veggies was really good. I am trying to look on the bright side of things.:))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It is new haba bean season here, so they were lunch two days in the row [a salad with fennel buds yesterday, next to honney rolls & old & new haba with dry fish today, on whole round rice - I had no idea beans & fish can stand each other until moving to Granada, now, they meet often in this house.]

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haha my dishes are boring. Salad and veggies with brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes and half an avocado and a protein which is usually sardines these days and occasionally langostinos or wild salmon if we can get it. I prefer taking photos of his meals. But here is one of my yummy meals. It is yummy just boring for most I think.

grilledkingsalmon.jpg

roastedonions.jpg

and I add it to the salad I make for us. Greg puts his in the pan and cooks it but I have my salad as is and add beets.

dinnersalad.png

I will try to remember taking a photo of my salad this evening for you @mellowyellowgirl

I have never seen so many brussel sprouts in my life !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im going to make the 3 ingrediant lemonade scones
I got some sprite the other night as we don't usually have fizzy drink in the house and ive got an open can of coconut cream

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am tired of cooking everyday. And I'm tired of eating the food I make. Just seems like endless chewing. I need to go out for a gorgeous meal, and I don't mean to the cafeteria! OK rant over.

cheers--Sharon

elizat

Ideal_Rock
HI:

I am tired of cooking everyday. And I'm tired of eating the food I make. Just seems like endless chewing. I need to go out for a gorgeous meal, and I don't mean to the cafeteria! OK rant over.

cheers--Sharon

We got Indian takeaway tonight. I had enough of my scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, and cheese and cracker trays.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My first kale chips. I made it with sugar instead of salt, and I like it! Kids said no to eating "trees" as they call it, so I'm having it as a side of beer. Just about the only healthy food I've eaten lately...
20200410_201354.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I was lucky enough to find a fresh buratta! So dinner yesterday was a small tomato and basil salad and prosciutto to go with :lickout: BCBF8476-A410-4A01-872F-058CD4ACEC8A.jpeg

Now that looks good!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

grilledkingsalmon.jpg

roastedonions.jpg

dinnersalad.png

I really like roasted brussels.

These are really good.

I leave the bacon out personally, but I think they'd be good even without the cheese. I really like the cheese with them though.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im going to make the 3 ingrediant lemonade scones
I got some sprite the other night as we don't usually have fizzy drink in the house and ive got an open can of coconut cream

If you get any cream later on down the road, freeze it!!!!! I have 150ml x 6 frozen. It whips up beautifully and you can cook with it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first kale chips. I made it with sugar instead of salt, and I like it! Kids said no to eating "trees" as they call it, so I'm having it as a side of beer. Just about the only healthy food I've eaten lately...
20200410_201354.jpg

Hmmmmm interesting with the sugar and the side of beer :appl:
I made then once and it was like eatting Autumn leaves

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you get any cream later on down the road, freeze it!!!!! I have 150ml x 6 frozen. It whips up beautifully and you can cook with it

Just as well I didn't waste any real cream - i didnt have any self raising flour and the baking powder was old and sluggish- :(2 i used 1/4 wholemeal flour - not sure if that effected them also, very disappointing as the3 previous times ive made then with SR flour they were pretty impressive

Gary rejected the jam and coconut cream and had jam and peanut butter , guess ill eat the rest then for lunch with vegemite, chrese and tomato - i found a ripe one on the laundry window sill:appl:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

@mellowyellowgirl Oh, interesting! I didn't think cream was good after it was frozen. Can it be used in tea/coffee when it's thawed or does the texture change too much?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl Oh, interesting! I didn't think cream was good after it was frozen. Can it be used in tea/coffee when it's thawed or does the texture change too much?

It is lumpy with fat globules. However these whip up perfectly and also if you add the thawed cream to soups and sauces it will dissolve in perfectly.

You really can't tell after it's whipped or made into pasta, soup, caramel sauce etc

I think if you had really hot tea or coffee it would dissolve.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just ran out of black pepper
i have freshly ground pepper in almost everything

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just ran out of black pepper
i have freshly ground pepper in almost everything

Oh honey just get what you can from the local shop even if it costs a lot!

I think it'll be better for your mental health in the end.

It took me ages to get my head around the fact that I had to pay full price for stuff.

I found it intolerable for a while but then I was simply just happier and there was a bit more normality.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like roasted brussels.

These are really good.

I leave the bacon out personally, but I think they'd be good even without the cheese. I really like the cheese with them though.

Brussel sprouts can also be grated and added into a modern slaw. With red and green/savoy cabbage and carrots yanno. No traditional mayo type dressing needed, unless you want it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh honey just get what you can from the local shop even if it costs a lot!

I think it'll be better for your mental health in the end.

It took me ages to get my head around the fact that I had to pay full price for stuff.

I found it intolerable for a while but then I was simply just happier and there was a bit more normality.

I know
We'll be ok
i don't mean to be debbie downier,
Just with me not working for the last year money is so tight and bills keep rolling in, we'll be fine even if i only get a minimum wage job

I think the cats kind of understand because we ran out of temptation cat treats two days ago and they go bananas for then usually but are not even asking

I saw on the news here the quees at the supermarkets are the worst of the lockdown so far as they were closed for good friday so im not going out for pepper or baking powder- ill try baking soda and lemon juice- maybe I'll use lemon juice instead of pepper ;)2 .
.actually i have some lemon pepper in the cupboard ...

the doctor put Gary back on this medicine that im sure makes his mood so grumpy he's almost psychotic, thank goodness the other side effects are personal unpleasent for him so he's going to stop them tonight

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know
We'll be ok
i don't mean to be debbie downier,
Just with me not working for the last year money is so tight and bills keep rolling in, we'll be fine even if i only get a minimum wage job

I think the cats kind of understand because we ran out of temptation cat treats two days ago and they go bananas for then usually but are not even asking

I saw on the news here the quees at the supermarkets are the worst of the lockdown so far as they were closed for good friday so im not going out for pepper or baking powder- ill try baking soda and lemon juice- maybe I'll use lemon juice instead of pepper ;)2 .
.actually i have some lemon pepper in the cupboard ...

the doctor put Gary back on this medicine that im sure makes his mood so grumpy he's almost psychotic, thank goodness the other side effects are personal unpleasent for him so he's going to stop them tonight

Don't you ever apologize for needing to vent!!!! How else are we going to get through this if we're not here for each other!!!

*Gives you a big virtual cuddle and a slice of cake*

It's going to be ok sweetie!!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't you ever apologize for needing to vent!!!! How else are we going to get through this if we're not here for each other!!!

*Gives you a big virtual cuddle and a slice of cake*

It's going to be ok sweetie!!!!!
Thank you i so needed someone to tell me that =)2

See we moved here for a better life, we couldnt afford to buy in Wellington or Tawa or Porirua or Waikanae but we desided to find somewhere where my work had a brunch
The week we went unconditional was the week the Wanganui manager got a transfer - he said dont worry, Nicky there will still be a job here
well there wasnt, the new manager refused to hire permanante staff so i stayed at my work in Waukanae hemorrhaging money, paying board, and coming home at weekends on the bus waiting and waiting for things to change
then we both got this flu virus that amoung other things caused terrible ear pain- i needed 3 weeks off work with a doctors note and my work was really anti sick leave - i think it effects the manager's bonus - so they kind of forced me through a transfer nov 2018, a year after we brought the house, - i thought i was getting 3 days work a week - that was liveable ...but it turned out to be one and to be honest i don't want to work manual labour in an outside timber yard - it was unsafe the way it was laied out and the staff were not friendly- we had always thought if i transferred within the firm id have no trouble making friends,
then i needed a day off to go to Palmerston North hospital with Gary for his prostrate cancer bioposy and the @*%@ new female manager made a huge deal about me needing a day off after only working 3 days (over 3 weeks) this is after working for the company for 14 years at two branches
Then she called me into a meeting questioning me on my committment so i handed in my resignation
she took forever to put my holiday pay through - like after Christmas, it was total BS which held up me getting onto Gary's pension
As i am nowhere near 65 we don't get the full amount but its almost liveable if we didn't have propery taxes, or unexpected bills, conserve hot water, don't run the aircon and dont buy anything extravagant in the broceries, the morgage is managable
but i long ago used the money we held back to do up the bathroom just on living.
last year when Gary got (excuse spelling) sarkidosis and he almost went blind i had to stay home and look after him and not job hunt,
two weeks before the lockdown i finally saw a job going that i knew i had a good chance of getting and then covid 19 happened

Im at the stage where i need to get out of the house after all this time and make friends, the only friend we have made here is Tibby Tabby Tom cat ...and that's another thing that's on the to do list as soon as i get a job ..

I just well overwelmed after so much stress and money worry for so long, not getting an Easter egg was just the last straw

Thank you for the hug

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results