shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you coping with isolation?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’ve started playing online games like Words with Friends again....there is only so many hours of TV one can watch in a day.

I’ve also realized why I stopped playing Words with Friends in the first place! Are all the stalking chatty creepers all playing at the same time at night? All I want to do is play a darn game! I don’t want to talk about whether I’m single/married, #children, and whether I’m lonely....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as we remain well isolating ourselves isn't too difficult. We have all been through worse. As long as we remain healthy.

When I was housebound for many months in the summer and autumn of 2014 with a broken leg that was challenging because I was in a lot of pain and I had to stay off my leg. Getting to the bathroom was a big challenge. Sitting still in so much pain was a big challenge. And forget about sleeping.

Being housebound now while not my favorite thing to do is still a breeze compared to what I went through in 2014.

Of course all bets are off if we become ill because that is the biggest challenge in and of itself.

Stay well everyone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve been out on the drive playing catch :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a better day for me.

I managed to buy 6 full face homemade masks off of Etsy. We have vacuum bags to make filters. So at least each of us has one, and they are washable. Will take up to 2 weeks to get here, but it makes me feel a bit better. I will only be going out of the house for my infusions. Waiting to see if my other medical appts. are cancelled. I expect they will be.

My hands were a mess from all the handwashing. I've found that using a drop or 2 of apple cider vinegar to my hands after drying seems to have really helped. So that's a bonus. Was tired of washing off everything I tried putting on them. Not perfect, but it helps.

@StephanieLynn We get lots of squirrels in our yard. I've watched them hiding things under leaves in the fall. I don't think they are very intelligent at all. :)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who likes photography I received this link to stream some talks from Nikon:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey, I have conversations like this with TR all the time. Either you're fine... or I'm not either!

As for the wine spritzer... yessssssssss!

Have you moved?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you moved?

The new place is pretty much done (down to hanging artwork, that sort of thing), but I'm still splitting my time between there and TR's (which is where I'm camped out until the foreseeable future!).

BTW, I saw your'e taking off your acrylics. Are you soaking in acetone? If so, heat helps speed the process a lot!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Soaking in acetone. Sucks. So you left the place downtown? Are you still in the city?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Downtown place you were at sold and I bought a new place over by Michigan Avenue. It's a fraction of the size, so no parties there for 200+ people, LOL. But it's a really well run building and I don't have to be In Charge Of Every Damn Thing any more, so I couldn't be happier!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Downtown place you were at sold and I bought a new place over by Michigan Avenue. It's a fraction of the size, so no parties there for 200+ people, LOL. But it's a really well run building and I don't have to be In Charge Of Every Damn Thing any more, so I couldn't be happier!

Congratulations, I wonder why you didn’t hold your party in July!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As long as we remain well isolating ourselves isn't too difficult. We have all been through worse. As long as we remain healthy.

When I was housebound for many months in the summer and autumn of 2014 with a broken leg that was challenging because I was in a lot of pain and I had to stay off my leg. Getting to the bathroom was a big challenge. Sitting still in so much pain was a big challenge. And forget about sleeping.

Being housebound now while not my favorite thing to do is still a breeze compared to what I went through in 2014.

Of course all bets are off if we become ill because that is the biggest challenge in and of itself.

Stay well everyone.
Thanks for that Missy because this just reminded me how EASY it actually is for me right now. I too recently spent several months with broken bones, plus nerve pain so bad I couldn't sleep for weeks until I finally asked my doctor for sleeping pills. It was the worst time ever both physically and mentally. I remember thinking what the hell was the point of having so much free time when you couldn't do anything from the pain and misery?

Now, I'm stuck at home but (mostly) mobile. Sure, work can be stressful but I can play with the kids, catch up on errands around the house and organize, do load after load of laundry... all the things I wanted to do when I was recovering. Truly, all this is just minor inconvenience for me if I just get out of my own head.

Luckily I'm an introvert so this whole social distancing thing is actually my secret dream come true. LOL!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Soaking in acetone. Sucks. So you left the place downtown? Are you still in the city?

Pardon the interruption but have you considered gel polish with a peel off base coat? My nails can’t handle the acetone and I hate the time it takes. The peel off base coat (you still need a few drops of acetone) works wonderfully for me.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind I mentioned the peel off base coat in another thread today. Isn't it the best? I wouldn't do gel polish without it.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@1ofakind I mentioned the peel off base coat in another thread today. Isn't it the best? I wouldn't do gel polish without it.

Oh yes it is! Which one do you use? The gel polish sticks so well to my nails that if I use a primer coat I need a chisel to get the polish off. Even with the peelable base coat my polish lasts for 3-4 weeks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
42B31B76-7CF9-4707-91D6-F830CF1111E4.jpeg Now I know why I pay to have my bangs cut. No this is not me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
We are not at that stage in the UK yet unless you show symptoms, but we're planning on books, Netflix, baking, card & board games. Also Yoga & being in my garden, even if it's just pottering around weeding & sorting out clothes for charity shops. I know others who have bought supplies for small DIY & decorating projects too.

Are you watching me? LOL. We have the exact same game plan! My garden and yard have been the biggest gift these past days.

Plus, I am taking a free class from EdX. Its a Harvard class (free poshness) on religion, conflict and peace. I am a government analyst and this class dovetails with both my job and personal interests. The class is free but if I want a certificate it will be about $50. Let's see if I finish it first!

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought an Xbox for my DH and I to play. This should be interesting. Mic'd up headphones and special controllers also on the way. I will be playing xbox live with my 30 somethings. I think I have gone completely mad. If they are any indication, someone will have to come and pull me out of a darkened room in about two weeks......

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
i love this :kiss2: i love that dad is colouring too

hopefully many years from now your kids will look back with some hapoy memories of this time
my dad was a wee boy during the polio epidemic when schools were shut and i guess kids were shielded from some of the fear - him and his 7 siblings did school work in grandad's glass house

My mother shared her memories of the polio pandemic. She says they were very frightened and then to make matters worse....a neighbor was suddenly struck down and paralyzed with no understanding of how she got the disease. I personally remember the beginning of the HIV crisis. My friends and I didn't go to the mall because "we could just get it by walking next to someone or passing them on the escalator." Obviously, we had no idea how this disease spread. The fear-mongering was really bad. God bless poor Ryan White and his family. I vividly remember my father refusing to go into an elevator because we might get the disease from someone breathing near us. It makes me sad just to think of it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you watching me? LOL. We have the exact same game plan! My garden and yard have been the biggest gift these past days.

Plus, I am taking a free class from EdX. Its a Harvard class (free poshness) on religion, conflict and peace. I am a government analyst and this class dovetails with both my job and personal interests. The class is free but if I want a certificate it will be about $50. Let's see if I finish it first!

Good luck with the course! We are in lockdown mode since I wrote this, so the gardens have never looked so tidy. I expect we'll all come out if this with immaculate houses & wild bushy grey hair :lol:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just bought an Xbox for my DH and I to play. This should be interesting. Mic'd up headphones and special controllers also on the way. I will be playing xbox live with my 30 somethings. I think I have gone completely mad. If they are any indication, someone will have to come and pull me out of a darkened room in about two weeks......
My boss was trying to buy Nintendo Switch and said she couldn't find one. We got one for my 4 year old for Christmas and it's been a god send with being cooped up at home. Playing together has also been a good family pastime.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

By oogling Oakgem! I love this...so impractical but just my style!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@1ofakind and @lyra - would you mind saying which brand of peelable base coat you use? I'm very intrigued by this!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@1ofakind and @lyra - would you mind saying which brand of peelable base coat you use? I'm very intrigued by this!

I use this one from Sally Beauty (also available online). The directions say to use it with the same brand primer but I skip that step as it adheres very well to my nails without it. The package shows just peeling it off but the directions say to use an orange stick dipped in acetone Which is what I do.
4816F1D5-B1AF-4357-B1FD-28C6F67EBB49.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the one I've used too, but there are others out there.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss was trying to buy Nintendo Switch and said she couldn't find one. We got one for my 4 year old for Christmas and it's been a god send with being cooped up at home. Playing together has also been a good family pastime.

We were going to buy one of those too, but couldn’t find one. My son bought one when he was teaching in Japan so he would have something to do in the evenings. We hook it up to the tv and play a few games with him. It hilarious. We got the Xbox today and have started downloading games already. We found one we would love to play with our grandson. It takes you all through Disneyland and you get to meet the characters and go on rides. I think he will love it. Being from So Cal, we know the place inside and out so it’s extra fun. I think we will have fun with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results