shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you coping with isolation?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you google ‘four ingredient no knead bread recipe’, you’ll get a bunch of options using just water, flour, yeast and salt, and you don’t need to knead it or use a mixer - super easy. And, if you have a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, I highly recommend baking it in one ... it produces a wonderful crust. You can mix it up by sprinkling rosemary, sesame seeds, etc. on top.

Example: https://bakerbettie.com/easy-no-knead-skillet-bread/

If you have white chocolate on hand, let me know. I have a killer bread recipe with WC that is addictive AF and almost more ‘dessert’ than bread. :drool:

wheelbarrow (a term my mother used in place of swear words :mrgreen2: )
i forgot to buy yeast

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
how is your herb and spice rack ?
It is terribly low on variety. We have a whole kilo of cumin though, and 5 bottles of whole cloves, which aside from mulled wine, I have NEVER used. Basics like paprika or sage? Nope. And it's all sold out too. I did manage to buy a few packages of pasta today, i had to fight the urge to buy all 6 remaining packages, we now have enough food for 10 days. Last night we had stale bread doused in cheap white wine with fading broccoli and a mustard bechamel topped with gruyere. The bechamel used the last of the butter and had i known it was sold out too, I would have saved it! That sad meal prompted me to head to the supermarket today. Which is still operating as usual. Everything else except supermarkets and takeaway is shut down. However, since I'm on paid leave I can daytime drink! So new recommendation for beating isolation? Inventive cocktail mixology experimentation! Oh, and I also bought whipped cream in a can. So all is well.

20200317_144140.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doing crossword puzzles and face timing our granddaughter and son and DIL and messenger my other son in the city. My husband and I have been retired for almost 7 years so we are used to being together and reading etc. Hubster does Sudoku all day b4 Covid and also KenKen? whatever that is. Me I read PS and FB and we are eventually going to be building a new house so we go over the plans, I look at tile all day! basically shoring up room sizes etc, lights, pendants, pool colors etc. We keep busy more or less, but I won't have my Friday with my granddaughter till this has slowed down and that hurts :( everyone stay safe!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sorry to read this mom2dolls, maybe costco? stay brave (so easily for this old bag to say I know).. your dolls love you, and we are all family here. Hugs and I care.

My hours are cut by two hours per day. I am thankful for this because several people were temporarily put on furlough or hours cut in half. I am going to look for temporary work.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered 70 bags of manure! I also ordered a bunch of tomato plants. I have seeds for the rest of the garden. It’s that time of year where I plants my dreams and watch all season as they become fulfilled!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent an hour and a half on the phone talking to my god-daughter yesterday. I loved it and we had a great time. My husband is working from home, and this is his second week doing so. I was in LA for a week last week, but now it's me, him and the dogs. Our local diner has closed for however-long-this-is-going-on, as well as our gym, our local cinema - and more or less everything else. So DH has been working, and I've been kicking up my home fitness routine. The dogs are getting longer walks and I've cleaned out some closets. All my emails that have been waiting for a response have been returned, and now I'm doing some work I've been putting off for a long time that involves a lot of clerical stuff. So I'm bored - but busy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cousin posted this today: F5A0753A-99D6-49CE-A064-9351298CAF58.jpeg

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I cope by going for a run (okay, very slow jog) today, worked 12 hours and I really, really want to buy these boots from Cole Haan:
1584591022342.png 1584591037246.png

Yes, in both colors! They're on sale for $90 right now, plus 10% off. But....I don't really need them! Do I? It'll be cold eventually right? I will sleep on it? Should I save money for toilet paper instead?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cope by going for a run (okay, very slow jog) today, worked 12 hours and I really, really want to buy these boots from Cole Haan:
1584591022342.png 1584591037246.png

Yes, in both colors! They're on sale for $90 right now, plus 10% off. But....I don't really need them! Do I? It'll be cold eventually right? I will sleep on it? Should I save money for toilet paper instead?

Buy them! If this has confirmed anything it's that life is unpredictable and too short.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I think I will! They are light enough to wear in the spring and Cole Haan offered a 20% military discount off that price! It's a sign, maybe? And I haven't bought jewelry since my birthday last September.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
A lot of my friends are doing group chats so that’s fun. Virtual St. Patrick’s day drinks and the Dropkick Murphy’s concert.

An acquaintance was trying to offload thousands of oysters that he had for special events so a group of us purchased several dozen, he dropped them off on our front steps, and we did an oyster shucking lesson on Instagram Live.

I have an incline trainer and IFit is giving a free month of content so I’ve been enjoying climbing Mount Fuji. Can’t wait to get to do it in real life.

My yoga studio shifted classes to an online format so that’s nice.

I ordered a stack of canvases so planning a few paintings.

DH ordered the same dart board that my sister has so we’re going to do virtual matches.

I make beer so I stocked up on supplies. I have enough to make 3 more kegs. It will be fun, plus I have an arrangement to trade beer for sausage with a friend who owns a sausage making company.

So far we are keeping it light.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can plan well ahead with my monthly hair appointments, holidays, and research on campsites to visit, multi-city flights etc. for the next few years!

Joking aside, I have already started to plan for events in 2025 as it is a big year for me personally.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can always tidy the house, sort out the piles of old mails I gathered in the cupboard, etc. etc...

DK :))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wheelbarrow (a term my mother used in place of swear words :mrgreen2: )
i forgot to buy yeast

Disclaimer: I do not bake, so you should check and see how reliable this yeast is..LOL

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DD2 has blue hair. Methinks we'll actually see her natural colour again for the first time in many years. I've forgotten what it looks like. OTOH, she'll probably just email order things and continue to do it herself, but she won't be able to get a haircut. Interesting times.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish mine is all white rather than salt and pepper, which isn't a good look for me. I asked the family their opinion colouring my hair all white and they looked at me all funny. :bigsmile:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chrono My family thought the same. Well, my husband thought I'd look older. Certainly my colourist wanted to keep making money off me. But it was the most freeing thing. It took about 3 years to go from brunette to all natural. I did it by getting more and more highlights and by not listening to anyone, lol.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m working from home and my husband is furloughed for 8 weeks (restaurant work and our governor said no dine in allowed). No kids so don’t have to worry about homeschooling, too. At my workplace it’s business as usual except at home so environment is different but not my day. I’d love to have time to do extra cleaning, catch up on shows, etc. but the show much go on. I really empathize with the parents who are supposed to provide childcare, education, and work their jobs from home.

My husband works fewer hours than I do and often works at night so my being here is driving him crazy (and honestly, I’m barely bugging him). When furloughed, he was more worried about me cramping his routine than the lost wages! Such is the story around much of the world now for us lucky ones, anyway, who can whether the financial uncertainties.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am actually busier than ever working from home. Last night, I was working until nearly 8 pm and will do the same tonight. I am determined to only work half day tomorrow though!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Hours are cut again to four hours per day starting Monday. I have applied lots of places including Aldi and Costco since they are hiring for stocking shelves. Plus, hubby and I both signed up for the shopping app Shipt. Received my acceptance this afternoon. Anything will help.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We have a virtual dinner party this Friday with 6 other people! Using Webex and dressing up all fancy for it too. My partner just set up the contingency plan for his organisation today; WFH until May as scenario 1, WFH until JULY as scenario 2. This is a good excuse to put real clothes on!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
8929E253-6D55-42DD-8503-2F7F07A0564D.jpeg 14163ACA-5EBB-4A52-A450-93DF2CC94FE9.jpeg 55EE248C-01FD-4A06-B85A-E671B1CD6D23.jpeg

I’ve been reading a lot. Teaching my daughter to sew on a sewing machine and lots of kettlebell and yoga workouts from youtube

joelly

Ideal_Rock
The first real break I have ever had. I suffer from Sjogren Syndrome so I got sick a LOT. I’ve been sick since the day after Xmas. However, due to the lack of rest caused by a new baby and work responsibilities, I continue to carry this sickness (mostly cold symptoms). Last week on Thursday I got high fever at approximately 1 am. Called out and had been advised to stay home by the doctor and my boss. Doctor gave me meds for cough and sinus infection. In addition to increasing in rest oppty and reduced work responsibilities, I begin to feel better today.

I enjoy having a baby and play with her often. DH is a godsend and I don’t deserve him. He takes care of me, baby girl, dogs, and the house.

I would enjoy this downtime and take the opportunity to pray for health to all. This too shall pass.

I love movies so you would find me watching tv all the time. I’m on IG looking for that OEC to call mine. I’m also on my neighborhood community on FB so I know what is going on. DH is always watching the news to keep up with the cv news.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The SO just started working from home.
Fortunately we both like board games ... chess, jenga, backgammon, scrabble, and abalone.

Bibi LOVES when we do this; it's like one big happy flock.
During games he'll roost all over my SO as if he was a tree, moving from his shoulder, arm, chest, leg, fingers, neck, back, inside his shirt, outside, then back inside his shirt. :lol:

Since SO and I are paying attention to each other he'll do cute things to steal the limelight (just like a little kid).
He'll hang from one claw up side down on the front of his shirt, inviting belly scritches.
Too cute! :kiss2:
That little birdie is such a joy!

Sometimes our little green terrorist will get a feather up his @ss and boldly march across the scrabble board (destroying words) to steal a wooden tile that obviously needs to be chewed up.
When we take it away he gets super pissed and screams.
Awwww. Poor Bibi. :cry2:

Who needs kids when you gotta sweet companion parrot?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results