shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
there is intolerance on both sides. Just look at the comments on Washington post articles, and Fox News.....we are all upset, maybe for different reasons.

Come on people, we should start with where we are right NOW and try to come together a little more. We will all feel better without the extreme division. We must have some shared values. Instead of getting offended, we should try to synthesize. We are all in despair, though maybe in different ways. We must be able to hear eachother’s anger Without taking it personally. For it is not personal, it’s expression.

I do not support Trump, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t imagine why others do. Still, I feel it’s important to share why. I did not like Hillary, but am not focused on discussing her, and I am interested in compromises which are humane and decent for what is happening NOW. It is hard for me to find common ground in extremist thinking, because other views are bashed as character flaws. We need to at least consider others and re evaluate our own .

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am stunned that so few people on this thread seem to use the ignore button.
I dont think arguing is going to help anyone.
There is no need to attack anyone personally here.
Instead of bringing contention, please consider using the functions that the forum has provided!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't. It's not your place. Red and I have history. I actually like her and would enjoy knowing her personally. We are prickly with each other and that's ok. We're more alike than either of us would care to admit.
I have always felt the same way. =)2

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted then deleted, as I posted it before I saw your reply, Matata. It's showing up as deleted on my screen. If you see my post, refresh your screen and it should disappear.

Have a great day, y'all! :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I actually like her"

"I have always felt the same way"

Well, that was easy! I'm going to offer to mediate more often! :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like a kid who witnesses arguments between their parents without realizing that it's all part of the love-fest! :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always felt the same way. =)2
Right? I mean, any of us who engaged in the journey up your colon and out again in a show of support can't be all bad :mrgreen2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right? I mean, any of us who engaged in the journey up your colon and out again in a show of support can't be all bad :mrgreen2:
This is so true. :lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major bonding experience there!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Journey up her colon?

Good Lord, I think I'm scarred for life!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major bonding experience there!
Yeah, and she's still giving us crap :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: Sorry red, couldn't resist. I'll try to muster up my dignity if I can remember where I left it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, and she's still giving us crap :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: Sorry red, couldn't resist. I'll try to muster up my dignity if I can remember where I left it.
I have none left after that experience. :lol-2:

Seriously now I apologize for my snark to you. I have a very hard time engaging in politics here anymore because it becomes so personal and I am so outnumbered. Once a conversation goes south there is no way of getting it back because too many jump on. I can't do that because I want to keep liking many of the people here.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously now I apologize for my snark to you. I have a very hard time engaging in politics here because it becomes so personal and I am so outnumbered. Once a conversation goes south there is no way of getting it back because too many jump on. I can't do that because I want to keep liking many of the people here.
No worries red. I totally understand.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just fell for red and Matata all over again.. :kiss2:

Such strong and graceful women...my favorite.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was so nice! :cry2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, I’m upset children are being hurt by either party. Wrong is wrong, regardless of what party you support. I read the post you asked me to read. Obama isn’t president and many Americans never dreamed the world would be as it is now. We have a president who lies multiple times every day and 1/2 the country has no problem with that. He tells the country his relationships with the G7 are a 10 and a few hours later tweets that one of our closest alies is a liar. He treats our allies like dirt while he heaps praise and admiration for the worlds dictators. He calls Americans who protest peacefully over racial unjustness unpatriotic, then he salutes generals of our enemies. Now we find out there 2,000 children who have been separated from there parents. All this happened in the past seven days. To a sane rational person this chaos is insane and this President not only thrives on chaos, he loves it.

I have no problem helping people if they need help. I also don’t agree with you that many are taking advantage of the countries safety nets. There are things we view completely differently. You have two beautiful grandchildren. You know you would devastated if this were being done to your family. Can we agree on this?

Edited: I wrote the above last night before going to bed without seeing all that has been written today.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely what I’ve been noticing...it’s becoming very clear. The need for constantly greater adulation means that he aspires to dictators. Such people with narcissistic PD, without exception, always bring destruction with them as they create and then inevitably destroy, taking people and societies down with them. They are missing a part of cognitive ability, can create their own reality To keep the false self going, while failing true reality tests, and are in essence , delusional and dangerous. They are unable to empathize, except in a ability to sense frailties and vulnerabilities in others, which they then use as a way to hook into others for narcissistic supply. Once a person no longer serves as a supply, the narcissist is quick to trash them. How many examples Of this have we seen so far? Too many to count.

Those who ctriticize, have different opinions, or worse, laugh at him, or even make statements at his expenses are subjected to a narcissistic rage,( different than normal anger) which is always vastly disproportionate. Again, the source of this anger is frustration, resentment generated internally by the need to protect the false image created, and to shield against narcissistic injury. Any opposition is distorted, warped, etc.. This mechanism among others, demonstrates how cognitive ability is impaired.

For DT, there is only one direction, which is moving towards greater, authoritarian power. Thankfully it is predictable. I see now that that he will constantly try to create crises, then leverage things to make himself indispensable along the way, take everyone for a ride....but there’s no mistaking what he hopes ‘accomplish’

This describes Trump and what we have been witnessing perfectly @Bluegemz

This is the reason so many of us are worried. It has been obvious for quite some time what he hopes to accomplish.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disclaimer: I don’t think any of us can see the whole picture, myself included. It’s much like Frames of reference. In an analogy to Einstein’s view of physics, The frame of reference is important to what one observes and concludes in a personal frame of reference, but in the big picture, we are all looking at the same thing with different impressions, often choosing to focus on selected parts that best suit our views. Which is true? The answer, they all are. However, one needs to take a broader perspective to tie them altogether, and to translate between them.
Yes, this sounds a bit like “moral relativism,” and many would consider this the root of all social friction; I certainly try to keep this in mind in trying to discuss and understand others’ viewpoints...and if others do the same, maybe we can come together a little more.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF has been a humorous and constant presence here for many years and it's not fair to be so rude, IMHO.
Thank you Jambalaya,
Actually I am a very nice guy with thick skins !:praise::lol:. Every time when I type a post on this thread the liberals here will yell "DON'T FEED TROLL". IOW, don't post unless you demonize Trump.

The young liberals here thinks that I know nothing about US politics despite of the fact that I immigrated to this country (1966) before they were born. Wonder how many liberals here witnessed on live TV when Prez. Nixon landed on Chinese soil in 1972?.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just fell for red and Matata all over again.. :kiss2:

Such strong and graceful women...my favorite.

Strong, yes. Graceful? Hmmm. All I can say is that Jambalaya had someone watching over her when her offer to throw herself into the fight between red and Matata was blocked. I had an image of two sword fighters dueling and Jambalaya running between them with a coat in a futile attempt to break it up. She is lucky to be alive and not skewered by both of them. ;))

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I hope now that we have had our cum-bah-ya moment and we have momentarily forged a new bond, I can break that bubble with ease.

I actually don't notice anyone, except myself calling, people names here. DT is the focus of the posts. Yes, we do deride him, we do name call him, we do comment on all things Trump. That includes his supporters at present. There has been enough time to examine this mans Presidency and become alarmed.

I try to listen to many Conservative Republicans who have left the party and feel the way we do here. In fact Matata posted a video of Christopher Hitchens , who was a conservative, who I thought was trying very hard to be as good as William Buckley. I always enjoyed him. I think many issues are really not discussed on here. The separation of children is a big one and people should be angry.

I do not apologize for any of my comments. I meant them. I think we have an illegitimate President here. He is a man so unstable, so ignorant, so beyond the pale, that I will continue to worry.

I hope North Korea will be a successful venture. I hope they stop illegal immigration into this country. I did not know that you could seek asylum if your husband beats you in Honduras. You can run to the US. Are we crazy? We don't do much for our own battered wives, but these asylum seekers would get relocation help, housing help, food help, etc.

Many issues are not the talking points of this thread. DT has had a chance. I will not stop vilifying DT. We have a illegitimate Pres. Niceties will not get him out office.

Annette

I had a whole other post planned on democratic Presidential candidates. I thought I had such a great insight last night.

Jamba-- Df can take care of himself. He always has.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DT was called a troll. That's a name.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I
Hi,

I hope now that we have had our cum-bah-ya moment and we have momentarily forged a new bond, I can break that bubble with ease.

I actually don't notice anyone, except myself calling, people names here. DT is the focus of the posts. Yes, we do deride him, we do name call him, we do comment on all things Trump. That includes his supporters at present. There has been enough time to examine this mans Presidency and become alarmed.

I try to listen to many Conservative Republicans who have left the party and feel the way we do here. In fact Matata posted a video of Christopher Hitchens , who was a conservative, who I thought was trying very hard to be as good as William Buckley. I always enjoyed him. I think many issues are really not discussed on here. The separation of children is a big one and people should be angry.

I do not apologize for any of my comments. I meant them. I think we have an illegitimate President here. He is a man so unstable, so ignorant, so beyond the pale, that I will continue to worry.

I hope North Korea will be a successful venture. I hope they stop illegal immigration into this country. I did not know that you could seek asylum if your husband beats you in Honduras. You can run to the US. Are we crazy? We don't do much for our own battered wives, but these asylum seekers would get relocation help, housing help, food help, etc.

Many issues are not the talking points of this thread. DT has had a chance. I will not stop vilifying DT. We have a illegitimate Pres. Niceties will not get him out office.

Annette

I had a whole other post planned on democratic Presidential candidates. I thought I had such a great insight last night.

Jamba-- Df can take care of himself. He always has.
am deeply worried too, worried for all. This goes way beyond party.
I’d like to hear about your insights! Please share if you’re inclined to do so!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everything you wrote above. I totally agree that had the USSR and Germany knocked each other out, that England and the US would not have been unhappy. What I disagreed with was the notion that that the US (or England-I should say the UK) wanted the Nazis to remain in power. And remember, at the start of aggressions with most of Europe, the invasion of Poland on September 1, 1939, the Nazis and the Soviets had a non-aggression treaty! Is it any wonder that the Allies hated them both? The USSR did not switch sides until Germany betrayed the non-aggression pact and shocked the Soviet Union with an invasion!

AGBF

@AGBF, and I never said that the Western Allies wanted the Nazi to remain in power.

Agree that Stalin made own bed by arranging the "Molotov-Ribbentrop" pact with Hitler. I think that Hitler outplayed and outsmarted Stalin.

I also think that humongous casualties sustained by the Soviet Army in the beginning of the war was Stalin's fault.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CC, please read my post #1676 above..

I am in favor of issuing a 5 yr temporary green card to all the dreamers who are already in this country, however at the same time we must stop more illegals from entering the US. I had to wait till I turned 18 yrs old (1977) before I can apply for citizenship. IOW, 11 yrs after I immigrated here in 1966. I didn't received a free pass.

I think that while illegal immigrants don't pay taxes and are sending money back home, they also shop in our cr..y Walmarts so they use our market as well. So all things considered, there probably is neither a loss nor a gain, but definitely not such a glaring loss.

When US jobs are outsourced abroad it is a loss.

Why is it so that a person from India has to help me with issues related to credit card? I liked her, but the reason she is doing the job is because she is paid 1/3 of US wages.

Canon, making unusable printers, at least has service department located in the US. (They still make their printers overseas, but).

But no one dares to attack the problem of outsourcing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
he has emulated and befriended dictators,
Who is this guy that Obama was shaking hand with? :confused:
1386715613000-GTY-454771277.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire ,
These children are going to complete strangers. Can you not imagine how tramatic this is for these children and their parents?
Then they shouldn't have broken the law by entering the US illegally.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF,

and I never said that the Western Allies wanted the Nazi to remain in power.

I misread what you said the first time around. You did not say that that the United States wanted the Nazis to remain in power. You said how happy Germany was to be invaded by the United States. You were, obviously, trying to make the point that the Soviet Union needed help earlier in the war than it got it; that it suffered grave losses; and that by the time a second front was opened up a victory by the USSR was already assured. I had already acknowledged that. I can only add that there is no telling at what cost a victory by the USSR alone over the Nazis would have come, if it is even true, however.

AGBF

Arkteia's original post:

"I don't know if our officials are well-versed in history, so ...maybe they did not even mean it like this, but D-Day was the saving grace for the Germany. (And the constant topic of contention between the US and the USSR at one point, historically. 'When we needed them to open the Second Front, in 1942, they won't. When the Soviet Army was already winning, they had their D-Day to save these Nazi').

(And remembering how Himmler was pursuing separate peace with the Western Allies, how Germans hoped for it, even failed Hitler's assassination coup, when the conspirators planned to immediately start separate talks with the West), one could say that the D-Day saved most of Germany from the Soviet occupation and what came with it. So it is a complicated issue, but I assume, old Germans are very thankful for the D-day. And most of the young ones, too, although I feel that the very positive attitude towards the US in Germany changed after Iraq invasion.

I agree with the rest of what you have posted. But it is true that the Soviet Army would have been able to end the war by itself, after it took Berlin, the rest would have been easy, and the D-Day and the invasion of Germany by the Western Allies was the saving grace for the most of Germany."

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is this guy that Obama was shaking hand with? :confused:
If you actually don't already know, that's Raul Castro, Cuba's president at the time; the photo was taken at the conclusion of the December 10, 2013 memorial service for Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg.

The photographer was Chip Somodevilla, a senior photographer with Getty Images News. He himself is Cuban-American; his father came to the US in 1960, shortly after Fidel Castro came to power as a result of the armed revolt against Batista. Although he's been a Pulitzer Prize finalist, he's not yet received a Pulitzer Prize -- but I bet that happens for him; he does great work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results