clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink hats? That was 2 years ago. I don't think women get twisted over every tweet Trump sends out, but I do think some people do. I dunno if that makes you happy go for it.

Many women will be maimed, become sterile and die if medically safe and legal abortion is taken away. My great aunt became sterile after a backstreet abortion in the 1920's, when she told me she asked me to please not tell my mom because she didn't want my mom to think she had sex before marriage. I think birth control should be free or close to it, abortion will become obsolete, it goes down every year.

I know all about Benghazi, god knows I've read every thing I could find on it. These are separate issues in my mind, women will die if abortion is not legal. What you found disgusting I found a confusing time going around with information coming from sources, and people were trying to put it all together. Trey Gowdy himself would not say Clinton lied. To me it was confusion and yes people died. What happened in Niger upset me and misinformation came out about what happened.

Fast and Furious was a clusterF* and the administration was at fault and there is nothing that can be said positively in my opinion and if this really affected you I can see that. I have this same kind of deep disgust with Reagan so I understand this.

Clinton is no more of a liar than Trump is, I find him much worse, as I said, he's a malignant narcissist.

I can only comment on what I read as snark. I don't have gal-pals, is that snark for 'fellow democrats? I can only control what I say. I found 2 years ago that snark got me nowhere.. so now I only speak in facts and my opinion and leave the snark to others but I will call out what I see as snark directed at me. But snark is really frustration and condescension when one cannot change someone's opinion, so be it.

So here’s an examItple of why I DGAF and now just enjoy the amusement factor ... now that the proverbial tables are turned. And yes, I realize they very well will turn again one day (though I doubt it’ll be 2020) so I AM going to continue enjoying watching pink hats get twisted over every stupid tweet that Chump sends out and their blood boil over the fear mongering executed by their own party.

A few years ago, a couple little things called “Benghazi” and “Fast & Furious” happened to name a few, and people ACTUALLY lost their lives (not this liberal fear-mongering that somehow all women will suddenly drop dead if Kavanaugh is confirmed - newsflash: we are ALL going to die, so stop the stupid already). Myself and others were DISGUSTED with the lies, misleading statements about a ‘video’, etc. that came from ‘that’ administration. And we were told we were crazy, hysterical, on a witch hunt, etc. Do you see the difference here? ACTUAL lives WERE lost, and we cared, yet ‘we’ were crazy.

So yea ... petty as it may seem, when I see a group of people acting like the end of the world will occur when Kavanaugh is confirmed, I am laughing & relishing a little in the pending ‘win’ and the dish called Karma. Because as I said at the 2016 election, I was ALL about the Supreme Court and voting against that lying corrupt witch the dems put forward to represent their party, and ensuring the highest court didn’t turn into another legislative body that libs have used it as to shred the constitution and restrict my rights.

And if ‘snark’ has no purpose here, please be sure to recirculate that memo to a few of your gal pals on the left. Perhaps there’d be less reaping of what is sown. :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we get overly invested in our individual mindsets and start hurling the Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 3.50.53 PM.png at each other, remember that humans are the least useful creatures on this planet, contributing nothing beyond the satisfaction of our own needs, and all of our fears and worries about our futures under any government pale in comparison to the one simple fact that insects, particularly pollinating insects, are disappearing at alarming rates on this planet. They are the foundation of the food chain. Think about that for a minute and then go plant a bee-friendly flower patch in your garden.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we get overly invested in our individual mindsets and start hurling the Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 3.50.53 PM.png at each other, remember that humans are the least useful creatures on this planet, contributing nothing beyond the satisfaction of our own needs, and all of our fears and worries about our futures under any government pale in comparison to the one simple fact that insects, particularly pollinating insects, are disappearing at alarming rates on this planet. They are the foundation of the food chain. Think about that for a minute and then go plant a bee-friendly flower patch in your garden.
Planting flowers is very therapeutic for any frustrations. =)2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, every dang time I edit my reply(ies) I think of you.. I will never forget you saying you always have to edit, I always do, spelling, comma etc. :)

thanks for the kind words :) my sister's death was a spiral down that I am just starting to come out of.. shocked. Never liked her, was always jealous of her and fiercely loved her, wanted her to mother me.. very tangled relationship.. which I could have a few do-overs but as we learned as kids.. NO DO-VERs :)

I do get you, I learned from you that people have other life experiences that I didn't have and that influences them as mine did me, and if one is a prison guard is a high security prison life can be seen only from a side I will never (hopefully!!).

We should focus on what we all agree on when it comes to Trump.

I think Annette started this thread in the beginning because she wanted us all to hope Trump did a good job.. I never had hope but I did have hope that maybe the prestige and power of being president might bring him up a notch or two, it didn't :)

peace.

Kate

T you know we can have any discussions and I always feel like you get me even though we don't agree. I know this year has been hard for you and I have missed "seeing" you around here. Please continue to get well and try not to dwell on the regrets with your sis even though it is hard now that she is not here.

Personalities sometimes clash here and maybe tempers flare. Not everyone can get along all the time.

As to the perfect libertarian world, we all should know that no world will ever be perfect but we have to make the best of it while we are here while still understanding that many won't agree with your (collective) idea of perfect. :)

Edit - I do agree that SCOTUS needs to right wrongs such as Brown V BOE and the like.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
((Tekate))

Red and Tekate - Serial Editors so please give us time before hitting Reply. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thingMany lives will be lost if Roe vs Wade is overturned.
Why do you think so many women fought for abortion to be legal?

So now perhaps you might possibly relate to how those off us on the other side feel about ‘rights’ we hold dear, that are actually specified in the Constitution, that might be stripped from us, and why we voted the way we did to protect the Supreme Court ... like you/your party claims to be trying to do now by attempting to block Kavanaugh. Like/agree with it or not, if you take away one’s right to defend themselves how they see fit, their life in fact may also be lost to no fault of their own.

You may not appreciate nor like that ‘right’, but that doesn’t make it any less meaningful to those of ‘us’ who do value it, and who do value those who fought and fight to defend it. If you cannot see the parallels between these two issues and their ‘meaning’ to the two sides, and at a minimum afford respect for opposing beliefs when they arise without demanding a slew of explanations, then nothing I say with regard to what my thoughts about abortion are will garner your mutual respect, and I no longer care to engage.

Mind you, I’m not seeking to change your mind about the 2A; rather, help you understand - with a scenario you can relate to and/or do support - why the antics on the left are objectionable to me considering how you feel about the “right’s” attempts to gut RvW.

:wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, I hope things get easier for you. You been through a lot the past year. Honestly Kate, losing someone we love (no matter what the relationship was like) is hard all on its own. You have had to deal with health issues on top of grief. Please take good care of yourself.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I am sending you compassion and hugs.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my sister's death was a spiral down that I am just starting to come out of.. shocked. Never liked her, was always jealous of her and fiercely loved her, wanted her to mother me.. very tangled relationship.. which I could have a few do-overs but as we learned as kids..

Somehow I missed the first announcement of your sister's death, Kate, and I do not know how long ago it happened. It must have been quite recent, though. I am very sorry. I do recall that you had ambivalent feelings about her, which always make a loss far harder. Any guilt makes a loss harder. I know I had guilt about how I handled my mother's last week and I have never completely been able to let that go. I wish you health and peace. You are a wonderful woman who deserves the best.

Hugs,
(((Kate)))
Deb

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear about the passing of your sister.
That is a heavy burden to work with and through.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few close Republican friends who voted for Trump. We are untitled to our opinions.
Are you still friends? Did you try to brainwash them with your left-wing beliefs? :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Deb, you make me feel good :) and back at you, you are a woman of class, distinction, intelligence and kindness. TRUTH.

My sister died 10/3/2016 at 7:01 a.m. She was an idiot.. such is life. I loved her so much, as she was almost 2 years older than I. She was brilliant, beautiful and fragile in many ways, she was also passive-aggressive and self absorbed, now she would say that I am emotional, over-reactive, immature, needy and way too aggressive, she loved me. We had a fractured home life and we went on to be close in a very far apart way, all that I am, assertive, no nonsense, tough, she was not, although she could be all of it when the need arose. We are both good mothers. Our little brother died 6/12/15 of lung cancer, it was hard on her so much fractured family Deb.. we don't know what my sister died of since my brother in law declined an autopsy, but the doctor said it was probably myeloma, I think she died of parathyroid disease. She hadn't been to a doctor in at least 10 years.. so much for having a Masters in Adult Ed, a BA in Theater Arts, and a AA in merchandising. She was a smoker Deb, and because our mother and brother died of lung cancer I believe she thought she had lung cancer, she didn't - when she went into the hospital a day and 1/2 before she died they did every test known to man and there was no lung cancer. She was an idiot for not going to the doctor. So she did die of smoking, afraid she would get lung cancer or bladder or ovarian, so she smoked, and she spent hours and days reading her holistic health books.. Our last conversation Deb amazingly enough was about my jaw! (that is how long this sh-- has been going on with my jaw and lower teeth).. she was great and supportive of my abscessed tooth and the crazy endodontist but I could hear she was really coughing - she said she and my brother in law (who is still smoking) both had summer bronchitis, I thought she sounded like she had pneumonia. She died 4 weeks later. She was good to me in our last conversation, my heart ACHES to talk to her. I feel adrift about her kids as I can't influence them, I love them. So I had and have been trying to find balance after her death, and then my son's clusterf--- wedding, then my jaw.. these are all excuses but they are real and I hadn't been reading this thread that much.

So Deb, I could write a tome on my sister and me or rather me and my sister since my sister was fractured... oh well.. I am starting to come around :) yay for that.

I know you have had your crosses to bear and you do it well, it's hard I know as I have a schizophrenic brother. We are trying to get him into a Veterans home, takes a while.. I have had
a great life, ups and downs..

So.. thank you again girl and thank you for all your thoughts on this thread, we are all trying to do our best to make our country a better, kinder, more tolerant place.

xoxox kate

Somehow I missed the first announcement of your sister's death, Kate, and I do not know how long ago it happened. It must have been quite recent, though. I am very sorry. I do recall that you had ambivalent feelings about her, which always make a loss far harder. Any guilt makes a loss harder. I know I had guilt about how I handled my mother's last week and I have never completely been able to let that go. I wish you health and peace. You are a wonderful woman who deserves the best.

Hugs,
(((Kate)))
Deb

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thank you HC.. you have had your own trials for sure. You are a strong lady. I love your posts because you speak your mind.

Thank you young lady and I so appreciate the support. :)

@Tekate I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I am sending you compassion and hugs.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I’m sorry to hear of your sister’s passing. It’s clear that there was a lot of love between you. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing , I too believe in our constitution.

I’ve have never said or believed all guns should be illegal. I do believe guns capable of firing many rounds in seconds and high capacity magazines should at the very least be restricted. They were made for killing large numbers of people quickly and that is exactly what they do. I also think guns should be registered and in a national database. There are no easy answers on the gun debate. I also believe every gun owner should also be held responsible if their gun is used in a crime along with the person who committed a crime. Responsible gun owners do not leave their guns where a family member could easily get them. They should be locked in a safe. I know many disagree with my thoughts on this. It’s impossible to really know what another person is dealing with. I do think it’s time for common sense gun laws with both sides making compromises for the safety of everyone. That in no way means all guns should be banned. We register our cars, no one wants to take your car away.

I’ve always believed in a woman’s right to chose which has been the law since 1973. The government needs to stay out of this. We are supposed to have separation of church and state in our country. Decisions about women’s bodies should be made by a woman and her doctor, not our government. I’m just thankful that is a decision I’ve never had to make in my lifetime. Pleople need to walk in another persons shoes before judging them. I don’t feel we do that enough in our country.

It is not my intention to start arguments here. There are a of couple topics I’m very passionate about. All our countries citizens are not treated equally in our country and our President doesn’t represent all of us.

Thank you for changing your tone in the last post directed at me, Going forward I will be more thoughtful in the delivery of my questions and my replies to you @the_mother_thing .

@Dancing Fire I at all cost avoid talking politics with my friends who like Trump. It’s worked so far. My dad is the only person I argue about politics with and do so very rarely these days. His views have been changing now that he has a wife who is very sick with cancer.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, Relationships can really be hard at times with family members. I’m sure many can relate to what you are going thru. I’ve read your posts on your family life when you were young. It sounded hard. Often times people go thru things on their own and while you may feel it has something to do with you, it may not have anything to do with you at all. Life can be hard at times and people often have their own internal struggles. It’s obvious in your posts you loved your sister. I’m sure she felt the same way about you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Kate-

I really do not know as much about you as I would like. I do not even know the story about your son's wedding. It does sound as though just about everything that could go wrong for you in the past year (or more?) has gone wrong, however. Actually, it is not information about you that I think I would like, but real intimacy. I wish that we lived close together and were neighbors who could just get together and talk. And maybe even drive each other to doctors' appointments (since it sounds as if we both have plenty of them even if they are not for serious ailments). We appear to be on the same wavelength.

I wish you the best...and a far, far better coming year!

Love,
Deb

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:) thank you so much Callie, I'm sure she did. One time she said to me "I'm sorry I can't be the sister you want", sh-- I felt so bad, one because she knew I wanted her to be what I wanted and two she couldn't do it. When one grows up with trauma/drama/neglect etc it shapes them, doesn't make a granite mold but it does shape.

You are great girl and I appreciate all you do and say.

THANK YOU for your kind thoughts. I am getting to a place where acceptance is what comes.

(((CALLIE)))

Kate

@Tekate, Relationships can really be hard at times with family members. I’m sure many can relate to what you are going thru. I’ve read your posts on your family life when you were young. It sounded hard. Often times people go thru things on their own and while you may feel it has something to do with you, it may not have anything to do with you at all. Life can be hard at times and people often have their own internal struggles. It’s obvious in your posts you loved your sister. I’m sure she felt the same way about you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hola @JPie thank you so much, there was a lotta love.. I was lucky.. PS is a wonderful place where we all can disagree at times but still come together :) I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and your words.

(((JPie)))) thank you!

@Tekate I’m sorry to hear of your sister’s passing. It’s clear that there was a lot of love between you. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing a red herring is when a person changes the subject when they don't want to answer. As to the same sh-- day after day, sadly that is because Trump does the same sh-- every day, non stop yakking without saying anything truthful, so naturally those who think he's a mentally ill will comment on it. No, most times this thread is comments on something he said, did or is going to do, no red herring there, the subject is always Trump and his unfitness to be a president.

as to 2 it was probably snarky the-mother-thing and one goes with the flow, snark in snark out. If one gives belligerent one will be answered in kind.

I'm under no delusion that you have to but I believe I can comment on your delusions and ask you about them. You have said 2x now I can dig up your previous remarks, I can but I thought it better to continue rather than to ask about old posts.

1) Not sure what ‘red herring’ you’re talking about. I simply declined to entertain what I see as a regurgitation of the SSDD that has drug this thread into near 90-pages of nonstop hatred & negativity by lefties spanning probably a thousand different ‘Trumpisms’ to feed on. For that matter, this entire thread is chock full of red herrings.

2) I responded to you & @Calliecake in my post because you BOTH asked me questions, and my response was equally applicable. Not sure why you read it so belligerently; maybe the heat from your torch?

3) It’s not that I can’t share my views, opinions, etc. or substantiate my positions. It’s that you’re under some delusion that I have to. I don’t, especially when you can dig them up for yourself if you really care to know.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An American can hold any religious view they want as long as they don't discriminate in the name of jesus (let's be honest we are not talking Allah here)..As long as they don't ask me to conform to their ideas..one can talk about life and believes it happens at conception say, but I don't. I don't that to be the rule of the land, what I would really LOVE if is the rule of our country was mind your own business.

Priests for Life was the plaintiff. My understating is that they believe life starts at conception, not implantation. So indeed they would define at least some forms of contraception “abortion inducing”. Kavanaugh in his reply to Ted Cruz about this case was summarizing what he understood to be their position. This was actually a case about religious freedom.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/colum...term-abortion-inducing-drugs-misses-the-point

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this thread needs some pie. Or cake.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this thread needs some pie. Or cake.

I don't think so, Arcadian. I believe that all of us can remain civil. I am optimistic about us. We have remained adult in our conversation before. I believe in us. But I have been proven wrong before, my dear friend. :))

Deb :wavey:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest generation of women who have to deal with abortion issues doesn't necessarily have to risk sterility or death. Google "plan C." Word has been spreading. You can't stop the internet, same as you can't stop women seeking choices. Keep telling us we can't? We'll keep showing you we CAN. Times, they are a-changing, like it or not.

*hair flip*

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest generation of women who have to deal with abortion issues doesn't necessarily have to risk sterility or death. Google "plan C." Word has been spreading. You can't stop the internet, same as you can't stop women seeking choices. Keep telling us we can't? We'll keep showing you we CAN. Times, they are a-changing, like it or not.

*hair flip*
Mon...you still alive?? :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings, @Dancing Fire! Of course I'm still alive. I haven't torn myself away from PS since 2005, come on! :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

*hair flip*

So nice to "see" you Monnie!!! :wavey: I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering where you were.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results