shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes there is ...why do you think there aren't any conservatives posting on this thread? b/c everytime a conservative post their political views "the Radical left winger gang" would gang up on them. They can't stand the heat so they got out of the kitchen. i.e. AnnaH and JoCo. :lol:

:wavey: I can take the heat just fine, and I LOVE to cook. I just choose to largely watch libs spin themselves into spiraling tantrum-like tizzies over the latest tweet or twist of facts spewed by their party. FARRRRR more entertaining watching karma work her magic. :cool2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I am going to jump in here on the Kavanaugh discussion with my POV on the whole situation. I do not believe it is the federal government/SCOTUS's place to weigh in on things like medical issues, marriage issues, etc. As you know I am a proponent of states' rights and make no apologies for it. Appointments to the SCOTUS, for me, should not allow their personal views to be a factor in their decisions and just follow the law as it is written. Justices are not there to do the job that elected Congresspeople are too weak or afraid to do. They should interpret the law as it is written only. The fact that the SCOTUS is being used to make law is antithetical to the intent of the framers of the Constitution and purpose of the 3 branches of government. If someone expects a Justice to follow their "heart" or personal views then that person does not understand the purpose of the court. If people don't like the laws then they should be phoning their congressperson daily to have the laws amended, not taking a case to the SCOTUS to get an outcome they would like that is then applied to everyone in the US.

As to the "gang" thing, you know damn good and well there are some who are nasty as can be and no one calls them on it because they agree with their POV, even if not the nasty delivery. I have no time for such people.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes there is ...why do you think there aren't any conservatives posting on this thread? b/c everytime a conservative post their political views "the Radical left winger gang" would gang up on them. They can't stand the heat so they got out of the kitchen. i.e. AnnaH and JoCo. :lol:

No one is ganging up on anyone. JoCoJenn is back with the snide condescending remarks. Nothing new there.

@Redwood while you throw snide remarks meant for me can I ask if you know in some states women have to travel 300 hundred miles to reach a doctor who can perform an abortion? Can you understand why women are worried about women’s reproductive rights being taken away?

Do you think that abortion would be an issue in this country if men were the ones who got pregnant?

@Light Bright , I don’t understand the logic in conception being the start because there is no pregnancy if there is no implantation. If I’m remembering correctly it takes 10 days for implantation. I went thru infertility treatments years ago and remember being told that 1/3 to 1/2 of all fertilized eggs never implant. The egg needs to implant in order for a pregnancy to occur.

@Redwood and @the_mother_thing , Would you prefer there be a Thread titled Our President Is An Idiot. This way you know the thread is not favorable to Trump and you can easily avoid the thread?

I will be the first one to admit I come here to vent about Trump (no surprise to those who are in this thread).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood while you throw snide remarks meant for me can I ask if you know in some states women have to travel 300 hundred miles to reach a doctor who can perform an abortion? Can you understand why women are worried about women’s reproductive rights being taken away?
You are not innocent here with snide remarks and sometimes I just ignore you. And I wasn't directing my last paragraph at you FWIW. I fully understand that some people are worried beyond measure but that doesn't mean I have to agree or commiserate with them.

Why should I avoid any thread? So you don't have to read another POV?

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I can take the heat just fine, and I LOVE to cook. I just choose to largely watch libs spin themselves into spiraling tantrum-like tizzies over the latest tweet or twist of facts spewed by their party. FARRRRR more entertaining watching karma work her magic. :cool2:

Does this constitute as nasty @Redwood in your opinion? It does to me.

You just keep on being you Jenn. You have shown us all who you are regardless of which user name you use.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you feel it was fine for someone to call me a white supremacist?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why should I avoid any thread? So you don't have to read another POV?

@Redwood I never said you should avoid the thread. Somone here remarked about people coming here to complain about Trump (It May have been Jenn). Many people do come here to complain about Trump. Even you have admitted he’s an idiot on a few occasions Red.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood I never said you should avoid the thread. Somone here remarked about people coming here to complain about Trump (It May have been Jenn). Many people do come here to complain about Trump. Even you have admitted he’s an idiot on a few occasions Red.
I have called him an idiot and a booby from day one. Just because I don't rail on his antics daily doesn't mean a thing. Anyone can complain all they want about him, but don't take issue when some people agree with some of the things he has done. Like Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. These two nominees are the only reason many people voted for him.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you feel it was fine for someone to call me a white supremacist?

Who called you a white supremacist? I have felt at times you fail to see white privilege. I don’t think that makes somone a white supremacist.

You made a comment a few years ago that I thought was terrible but I’m sure you have felt the same way about things I have said. I don’t think a comment makes someone an awful person. I have a few close Republican friends who voted for Trump. We are untitled to our opinions.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who called you a white supremacist? I have felt at times you fail to see white privilege. I don’t think that makes somone a white supremacist.

You made a comment a few years ago that I thought was terrible but I’m sure you have felt the same way about things I have said. I don’t think a comment makes someone an awful person. I have a few close Republican friends who voted for Trump. We are untitled to our opinions.
It is in black and white on another thread just last week.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As to the "gang" thing, you know damn good and well there are some who are nasty as can be and no one calls them on it because they agree with their POV, even if not the nasty delivery. I have no time for such people.
Since 2008. ;)). The few conservatives who used to post on this thread are too afraid of "the Radical left winger gang" ..
scram.gif
Running%20turkey.gif
:lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , I don’t know what thread you are talking about. You made a comment a few years ago that easily could have been viewed that way. I’m wondering if it was because of that comment someone made the comment that offended you.

You and I will never agree on many things political. It is what it is. My husband and I have not always voted the same way in elections.

@Dancing Fire , I don’t consider myself far left. Every political quiz I’ve ever taken puts me close to center.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I understand your libertarian views. I don't agree with them but that is the nature of the USA and our constitution. In a perfect libertarian world a person's personal views would not be a factor, but in this world and on the Supreme Court it means a lot, I don't think the framers of our constitution would like Citizens United, but yet it is here. It seems personal has become the name of the game on the Supreme Court and they make law, under Obama everything went to the supreme court because the republican congress with not work with Obama, this to my mind Red, gave the SCOTUS more power than it should have because correctly we should not have the highest court creating legislation, but as of right now it won't happen.

I'm not opposed to states deciding their own legislation but some states seem to gerrymander the vote and pass legislation that is harmful to some, and bring too much religion into a country that was based on separation of church and state. As time continues and religion becomes less and less important things will change.

As to the 'gang' Red, I don't always read this thread as much because I have been sick, not bad sick but I have not read PS close to as much as I used to, but as this latest go round with all my docs I feel better and also truth be known, when my sister died October of 16 I sort of got depressed and not interested in jewelry as much etc etc so as time moves on I become more at peace with her being gone and have started feeling better about me and missing her and regrets Red many regrets. So I in no way shape or form colluded with Callie about any replies to the poster (forgot the name ha! something mom I think). It's just I started reading the thread again. It's true there are more liberal democrat types here and probably most republicans don't answer here.. the poster implied that I was ganging up on her/him but truth is: I was not, I was just voicing my opinion.

@Tekate I am going to jump in here on the Kavanaugh discussion with my POV on the whole situation. I do not believe it is the federal government/SCOTUS's place to weigh in on things like medical issues, marriage issues, etc. As you know I am a proponent of states' rights and make no apologies for it. Appointments to the SCOTUS, for me, should not allow their personal views to be a factor in their decisions and just follow the law as it is written. Justices are not there to do the job that elected Congresspeople are too weak or afraid to do. They should interpret the law as it is written only. The fact that the SCOTUS is being used to make law is antithetical to the intent of the framers of the Constitution and purpose of the 3 branches of government. If someone expects a Justice to follow their "heart" or personal views then that person does not understand the purpose of the court. If people don't like the laws then they should be phoning their congressperson daily to have the laws amended, not taking a case to the SCOTUS to get an outcome they would like that is then applied to everyone in the US.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , I don’t know what thread you are talking about. You made a comment a few years ago that easily could have been viewed that way. I’m wondering if it was because of that comment someone made the comment that offended you.

You and I will never agree on many things political. It is what it is. My husband and I have not always voted the same way in elections.

@Dancing Fire , I don’t consider myself far left. Every political quiz I’ve ever taken puts me close to center.
I have never made a comment that would cause a rational person to come to that conclusion. So it doesn't offend you that someone would call me that? I see.

But the ones who do this kind of thing don't matter anyway and I see them for what they are.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really? I could say I love to watch pubs/conservatives spin themselves into a Tasmanian devil spin whenever Schummer says anything, or Clinton tweets, but really I don't care, I just listen to what Trump says, which is always like WTF?, but then again I'm not alone in that truth.

Ad hominen snark remarks serve no purpose in a true discussion. So if it gives you some kind of jolly to surmise something you go girl.

I have learned from true discussion the usual Facebook face-off on a Russian site is not my interest.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I understand your libertarian views. I don't agree with them but that is the nature of the USA and our constitution. In a perfect libertarian world a person's personal views would not be a factor, but in this world and on the Supreme Court it means a lot, I don't think the framers of our constitution would like Citizens United, but yet it is here. It seems personal has become the name of the game on the Supreme Court and they make law, under Obama everything went to the supreme court because the republican congress with not work with Obama, this to my mind Red, gave the SCOTUS more power than it should have because correctly we should not have the highest court creating legislation, but as of right now it won't happen.

I'm not opposed to states deciding their own legislation but some states seem to gerrymander the vote and pass legislation that is harmful to some, and bring too much religion into a country that was based on separation of church and state. As time continues and religion becomes less and less important things will change.

As to the 'gang' Red, I don't always read this thread as much because I have been sick, not bad sick but I have not read PS close to as much as I used to, but as this latest go round with all my docs I feel better and also truth be known, when my sister died October of 16 I sort of got depressed and not interested in jewelry as much etc etc so as time moves on I become more at peace with her being gone and have started feeling better about me and missing her and regrets Red many regrets. So I in no way shape or form colluded with Callie about any replies to the poster (forgot the name ha! something mom I think). It's just I started reading the thread again. It's true there are more liberal democrat types here and probably most republicans don't answer here.. the poster implied that I was ganging up on her/him but truth is: I was not, I was just voicing my opinion.
T you know we can have any discussions and I always feel like you get me even though we don't agree. I know this year has been hard for you and I have missed "seeing" you around here. Please continue to get well and try not to dwell on the regrets with your sis even though it is hard now that she is not here.

Personalities sometimes clash here and maybe tempers flare. Not everyone can get along all the time.

As to the perfect libertarian world, we all should know that no world will ever be perfect but we have to make the best of it while we are here while still understanding that many won't agree with your (collective) idea of perfect. :)

Edit - I do agree that SCOTUS needs to right wrongs such as Brown V BOE and the like.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You just keep on being you Jenn. You have shown us all who you are regardless of which user name you use.

Thanks; I am loving my life and being me. :wavey:

Your intolerance of others’ opinions and beliefs just reveals the hypocrisy I’ve cited multiple times on here. Perhaps those who live/eat/breathe the non-stop hateful hysteria should reconsider how your behavior marries up to what you preach because it absolutely does not. I surely didn’t drag this thread to 90-pages of negativity, but I bet your name appears on a good number of the pages. And besides, life is FAR too short to get your pink hats in a twist just because you don’t get your way or answers you somehow think you’re entitled to from someone on the internet. I don’t live to serve you, sorry not sorry.

@Tekate I AM sorry about the loss of your sister, and I’m sorry that you’ve been feeling unwell. I did not mean to intentionally or specifically target ‘you’ for the ‘gang’; rather, it was a general/collective statement about the liberals who do post on here as to the ongoing ‘treatment’ conservatives on this board get, and I’m clearly not alone in seeing it. I just stopped really GingAF about it, and instead, choose to be amused by it all ... because life is too short to get bent out of shape about it. But yes, I will call it out when I see it because it IS a fact on here. And no, I won’t apologize for choosing not to respond to what I feel are things I HAVE responded to in the past on here with regard to my political beliefs. I have far less time these days to get wrapped up in long-winded political threads that rehash the SSDD and really serve no point, IMO.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As to the 'gang' Red, I don't always read this thread as much because I have been sick, not bad sick but I have not read PS close to as much as I used to, but as this latest go round with all my docs I feel better and also truth be known, when my sister died October of 16 I sort of got depressed and not interested in jewelry as much etc etc so as time moves on
bighug5.gif

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really? I could say I love to watch pubs/conservatives spin themselves into a Tasmanian devil spin whenever Schummer says anything, or Clinton tweets, but really I don't care, I just listen to what Trump says, which is always like WTF?, but then again I'm not alone in that truth.

Ad hominen snark remarks serve no purpose in a true discussion. So if it gives you some kind of jolly to surmise something you go girl.

I have learned from true discussion the usual Facebook face-off on a Russian site is not my interest.

So here’s an example of why I DGAF and now just enjoy the amusement factor ... now that the proverbial tables are turned. And yes, I realize they very well will turn again one day (though I doubt it’ll be 2020) so I AM going to continue enjoying watching pink hats get twisted over every stupid tweet that Chump sends out and their blood boil over the fear mongering executed by their own party.

A few years ago, a couple little things called “Benghazi” and “Fast & Furious” happened to name a few, and people ACTUALLY lost their lives (not this liberal fear-mongering that somehow all women will suddenly drop dead if Kavanaugh is confirmed - newsflash: we are ALL going to die, so stop the stupid already). Myself and others were DISGUSTED with the lies, misleading statements about a ‘video’, etc. that came from ‘that’ administration. And we were told we were crazy, hysterical, on a witch hunt, etc. Do you see the difference here? ACTUAL lives WERE lost, and we cared, yet ‘we’ were crazy.

So yea ... petty as it may seem, when I see a group of people acting like the end of the world will occur when Kavanaugh is confirmed, I am laughing & relishing a little in the pending ‘win’ and the dish called Karma. Because as I said at the 2016 election, I was ALL about the Supreme Court and voting against that lying corrupt witch the dems put forward to represent their party, and ensuring the highest court didn’t turn into another legislative body that libs have used it as to shred the constitution and restrict my rights.

And if ‘snark’ has no purpose here, please be sure to recirculate that memo to a few of your gal pals on the left. Perhaps there’d be less reaping of what is sown. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ducking in to say, actually, they still are.
http://jesuits.org/aboutus

:wavey:

Thank you for the link, Ellen. many years ago my best friend (male) was a Third Order Franciscan and I accompanied him to many meetings and functions of that order. His ultimate putdown of me, delivered due to my intellectual interest in and also to my analytical approach to Roman Catholicism, was to say I should be "a Jesuit". He, ultimately, went on to meet Mother Teresa and to become a Missionary of Charity.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never made a comment that would cause a rational person to come to that conclusion. So it doesn't offend you that someone would call me that? I see.

@redwood66 , I’m sorry someone offfended. It’s the internet. Things have been said about me on here I don’t enjoy reading.

We have had this conversation before. It’s clear you and I will never agree on abortion or gun control. I’ve admitted many times in this thread that I don’t feel safe with Trump as President. I use this thread to vent about Trump. I usually state how I feel and move on.

Jenn, “Sorry, not sorry”. I’ve never thought ANYONE lived to serve me or I was entitled to anything. Are you fifteen??? Please, please put me on ignore.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, “Sorry, not sorry”. I’ve never thought ANYONE lived to serve me or I was entitled to anything. Are you fifteen??? Please, please put me on ignore.

Apparently it's my posts that aggravate you, so again, perhaps practice what you preach & put ME on ignore. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Priests for Life was the plaintiff. My understating is that they believe life starts at conception, not implantation. So indeed they would define at least some forms of contraception “abortion inducing”. Kavanaugh in his reply to Ted Cruz about this case was summarizing what he understood to be their position. This was actually a case about religious freedom.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/colum...term-abortion-inducing-drugs-misses-the-point

Yes, Roman Catholics believe that life begins at conception. I have never heard anyone refer to contraception as abortion, however. Why not just call it murder? The deliberate killing of the live sperm that could be fertilizing an egg because someone has masturbated should be regarded in that light. I would have to consult an expert on why masturbation and the use of birth control are not mortal sins like murder in the Roman Catholic religion, though. Now is the time when I miss my Third Order friend who used to tell me how The Church ruled on these matters. It always fascinated me to know. Because there always was an answer. Just as the Jews always have an answer to any question in the writings of the Talmud. maybe I should spend my days sitting around researching how The Church (or The Talmud) rules on these-or any other-matter. It certainly would involve a lot of thinking!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 , I’m sorry someone offfended. It’s the internet. Things have been said about me on here I don’t enjoy reading.

We have had this conversation before. It’s clear you and I will never agree on abortion or gun control. I’ve admitted many times in this thread that I don’t feel safe with Trump as President. I use this thread to vent about Trump. I usually state how I feel and move on.
I wouldn't have brought it up but you asked me if I thought something someone else said was nasty. Glad we could have a decent exchange for once.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s not true @redwood66 . We have had decent conversations in the past.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 3.40.54 PM.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata they let him do that to keep him away from really messing stuff up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results