clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just for a chuckle on this election day:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a seismic shift from earlier midterm elections, the 2018 midterms have inspired the highest levels of early drinking in modern history, a new study shows.

According to the study, which was conducted by the University of Minnesota, millions of Americans who would normally start drinking on the night of the midterms took advantage of early drinking and began consuming alcohol days and, in some cases, weeks or months before November 6th.

“We knew that there would be some early drinking, but the magnitude of that drinking is taking even experts by surprise,” Dr. Davis Logsdon, the author of the study, said. “To put it in terms that the layman can understand, we are seeing drinking that is off the Kavanaugh chart.”

Democrats have overwhelmed Republicans in the early drinking tallies, but Logsdon warned against “reading too much into” that disparity.

“Many Democrats started their early drinking on November 8, 2016,” he said. “Two years’ worth of early and in some cases heavy drinking is skewing their numbers much higher.”

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Went and voted this morning. Dh is voting now.
I can't do much alone but hopefully there are more people like me who will show up too and vote to demand accountability for elected officials and honesty first from the bottom of the line up to the top.

Vote today. Bring a friend. It takes everyone!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting articles @jaaron .

I sincerely hope the republicans are sent a message today that they are standing on the wrong side of history. There were many women waiting in line yesterday to vote with wait times at an hour. How fitting would it be if women were the group to send them that message.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
My H and I dropped off our ballots last Friday.

I'm an anxious mess.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ksinger “To put it in terms that the layman can understand, we are seeing drinking that is off the Kavanaugh chart.”

Thank you for the laugh!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be under different rules since you can only have one wife legally ;)), but I'm talking about sponsoring relatives (more than one person)

To the best of my knowledge (which only goes back a decade or so on this issue) The INS has only had one program/form related to financial support for all legal immigrants. Even the current form (issued in 2016) does not say "forever" - it does say that the time limits vary depending on the programs involved. If you look at those individual programs you will find the time limits. Now it took me about 2 minutes to look that up and review the current form. I have not looked at the current time limits for various programs. In 2012 when I signed for my wife (who was already legally in the US before we met in person); I was limited to a maximum liability of 10 years; and in many cases it was much less.

Have a great day,

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like the senate is solidly republican for the next 2 years. 55 or so to 45 is what I am guessing the numbers is going to end up. The republicans really did well in the senate seats.

I hope the members of the house do their homework and do it well, because they have an awful lot to do once they are seated.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is tweeting his great success. Nice to see him so happy for us. What a great guy.
Could not sleep until the votes were in. Guess it’s safe to go to bed now. It may be be dark out, but things are looking brighter.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now it took me about 2 minutes to look that up and review the current form. I have not looked at the current time limits for various programs. In 2012 when I signed for my wife (who was already legally in the US before we met in person); I was limited to a maximum liability of 10 years; and in many cases it was much less.
That is correct or if he/she became a US citizen whichever comes first. IOW, as a sponsor you are on the hook for at least 6 yrs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the members of the house do their homework and do it well, because they have an awful lot to do once they are seated.
Yup, Start the impeachment process. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is tweeting his great success. Nice to see him so happy for us. What a great guy.
Could not sleep until the votes were in. Guess it’s safe to go to bed now. It may be be dark out, but things are looking brighter.
For which side? :read:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@soxfan lol! he is delusional!

Remember when trump was delusional and lying about his inauguration size? How about when he was telling people maybe it wasn’t him on the bus telling bush to grab women by their privates? How about literally the thousands of other lies he spews almost constantly?! trump has no shame! he lies like he breathes air!

Having said that - since trump is SO PROUD AND HAPPY with “great results “ and the dems taking the house , I am happy he will be fully cooperative with the investigations they will be doing into him and his swamp creatures.
I am glad in the case of the house results he is getting what he wants, that part is a victory for the US. Frankly, he deserves so much more than a dem led house, but we will take what we can get.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Watching McConnell talk right now, you can see that it is absolutely killing him to have to work with Pelosi again. On that note, I am not sure that she is the best choice. I would love to see a fresh approach by the house.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having said that - since trump is SO PROUD AND HAPPY with “great results “ and the dems taking the house , I am happy he will be fully cooperative with the investigations they will be doing into him and his swamp creatures.
Did the Dems. shock the world by taking back the house?. :eek-2: I hope Deb will give you a political history lesson on midterms.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for Trump to speak now. Can’t wait to hear what delusional BS he spews about the Democrats taking back the House. I’m just so darn grateful we took back the House!

I missed McConnell speech. Did he say anything unexpected @Octo2005 ???

My guess is Trump will do nothing but rallies from here on out. We will also hear the term “Presidential Harrassment” a lot during the next two years.

Love that link @soxfan !!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened to the so call "Progressive movement party"? . :whistle:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listening to Trump answering reporters questions is disgusting. Trump shows no respect for anyone. He acts like he is KING. Watching this is unbelievable. It’s like watching a terrible car crash you can’t look away from.

You listen to Fox News way too much @Dancing Fire .

Last edited:

Abril

Shiny_Rock
:lol-2: Trump can spin all he wants. He'll stumble to a loss in 2020.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was just reported Sessions resigned at Trump’s request. Matthew Whittaker is temporarily taking his job

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
considering the anomosity between them, not surprising.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump Had Gen. Kelly ask Sessions to resign. Once again, Trump can’t even handle the job of firing someone.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump now has a Senate who will confirm any Nazi he wants to make Attorney General. Let's see if a Democratic House actually acts as a check on him or if the packed Supreme Court shuts down the House. Kavanaugh will want to reinterpret the rights of the House to oversee the president so that they have no power to oversee at all and he can run wild like a bull in a china shop.

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results