*avoid facts & relevant topics*
wah wah, wah wah waaaahhh

Fine, I’ll play Oprah tonight ... You can have a Trumpy, too! :dance:
AF1F4910-2112-4BF4-9125-BE8837CA16E2.jpeg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since its the night of old articles
https://www.usnews.com/news/at-the-...paganda-and-the-destruction-of-the-free-press
What he didn't point out was that this mistrust of the press has been largely of his own making. He and his advisers fomented Lugenpresse – the concept of "lying press" made famous by the Nazi party in Germany during Adolf Hitler's rise to power -- to undermine journalists covering his presidential campaign at every stop. Voters shrugged. Now, nearly a year into his administration, those efforts are bearing fruit. Nearly half the country believes the media lies and makes things up about him, calling into question their reliability on everything else as well.
We are now more than a generation away from Nazi Germany and the roots of the conflict that precipitated World War II. New generations have forgotten how and why the Nazi party rose to absolute authority in Germany. When we forget, what worked then will work again
Smh

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does one go from consistently posting about "Chump" to "Trump/President Trump" in a matter of 2 posts? AMT have you been taken hostage? Is someone else posting for you? Eyeroll twice for yes...

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does one go from consistently posting about "Chump" to "Trump/President Trump" in a matter of 2 posts? AMT have you been taken hostage? Is someone else posting for you? Eyeroll twice for yes...

I like variety.

And I don’t let die-hard libs tend my bar.
729F206D-46C1-4236-8227-494C19F21FBE.jpeg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The truth hurts ... grab a bandaid.

No, once again you are letting pesky little facts get in the way. Facts matter. The intern was the one putting her hands on Mr. Acosta. It’s rude to try to pull a microphone from the hand of someone speaking. The president showed he is unable to treat people with respect. It’s was embarrassing to watch Trump’s press conference today. He treats people terribly and is severely lacking in social skills.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except he didn't lay his hands on the woman. No retraction from you? You only seem to care about women (or believe them) when Sarah Sanders tells you to. Maybe lay off the Fox news dear, fact checking can be an amazing thing!
Neither did Kavanaugh.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
He is cheap compared to $$$:$$): the Clintons recieved from the Russians.

I'd post a couple links to articles on this, but they're longer than three words, so I know it would be pointless

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When is the "blue wave coming" ? :bigsmile:

blue-wave-raspberry-vodka.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*insert peanut sounds*
wah wah wah, wah, wah wah wah
*avoid facts & relevant topics*
wah wah, wah wah waaaahhh
*researching peanut sounds*
hmmm.gif

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we get back to reality? Can someone please make a list of Trump’s positive accomplishments over the past two years for me?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we get back to reality? Can someone please make a list of Trump’s positive accomplishments over the past two years for me?

Easy enough, but if you aren’t a Republican/Conservative, you likely wouldn’t see many/any of these things as ‘accomplishments’ because you likely don’t support them ... just like I didn’t see many of Obama’s ‘accomplishments’ as such. But for those on the right, he is largely doing what he was elected to do.

https://www.promiseskept.com/
An entire website detailing his accomplishments

https://canadafreepress.com/article/trumps-accomplishments

One very important fact many on the left continue to overlook and/or fail to realize/remember is Trump was largely elected because people were tired of career mouthpiece politicians who made tons of promises and delivered on few, if any. They wanted CHANGE, and not the kind Obama spewed on the campaign trail. Voters sent a message, strongly denouncing the liberal policies of the previous 8 years. The mistake Dems keep making (and keep losing on) is not getting that memo, and continuing to force the country in a direction the other half do not want to go.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hate is what any one person defines it as.

Person A: I HATE Trump, he's a liar.

Person B: I love Trump, he's my hero.

So hate for someone's actions is love to another.

Hate is a strong word anyway. I suppose we should all agree that dislike intensely is a better term.

Hate is hate, is it not?

Likening citizens - whom you don’t even know ... who want to serve their country - to Nazis is a shameful, abhorrent characterization.

No it's your personal opinion that it's shameful etc. My personal opinion is that people are allowed to find citizens who want to serve their country misinformed, overzealous and over eager. It's their choice to join, it's my choice to want to end military spending. It's choices. Not hate.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy enough, but if you aren’t a Republican/Conservative, you likely wouldn’t see many/any of these things as ‘accomplishments’ because you likely don’t support them ... just like I didn’t see many of Obama’s ‘accomplishments’ as such. But for those on the right, he is largely doing what he was elected to do.

One very important fact many on the left continue to overlook and/or fail to realize/remember is Trump was largely elected because people were tired of career mouthpiece politicians who made tons of promises and delivered on few, if any. They wanted CHANGE, and not the kind Obama spewed on the campaign trail. Voters sent a message, strongly denouncing the liberal policies of the previous 8 years. The mistake Dems keep making (and keep losing on) is not getting that memo, and continuing to force the country in a direction the other half do not want to go.

Jimmianne, just to let you know. The "Canada Free Press" is an online conservative tabloid according to wikipedia and the promises kept site is "paid for by Donald J. Trump for President." So I wouldn't put too much stock in it:) I've attached screenshots because I like facts.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.52.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.53.16 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:roll: Dems care about women when they serve a purpose, advance a narrative, cast a vote ... the next day, they are cast aside as quickly as the ballot machine ingests the paper. By the way, how is Dr. Ford?

MT, you are avoiding the issue by throwing in a red herring. The issue is: Did he accost her? NO, view the video. Throwing in the red herring about 'democrats...cast aside... This is just nonsense and nothing to do with the statement about Acosta.

"How is Dr Ford"? I find no information about how she is, so we don't know. When I can find something factual I will post it. If you can find anything about her, please post.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should reword to: In my opinion this is truth, it hurts. Because it may not be her truth. Her truth is that your comment was inane. Now I agree with her, again my truth, now Red may come in and agree with you or JPie. Here's another by my mom "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Your opinion is yours.

The truth hurts ... grab a bandaid.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) Save the condescending ‘dear’ reference for your spouse. That is a projection, you don't know if the poster ever calls their spouse 'dear' or if the poster has a spouse, this is known as an Ad hominem statement, it's a waste of bits actually.

2) I saw the press conference - live. Acosta’s entire behavior - toward her and his colleagues - was disrespectful & inappropriate. - Do you think disprespectful is allow from a republican like Trump? But Acosta is a lower class than Trump? Do you think Trump calling Acosta unkind names is allowed?

You can slant it however you want and cry foul (we’re used to it). But if Chump did what Acosta did, Dems would be oozing blood from their eye sockets and demanding he be brought up on assault charges. As to you, you too can slant all you want and cry foul (we are used to it), now if Acosta were president I would be saying the same thing as you, BUT he's not so your false equivalency argument is just that, false.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, look at you trying to be just like Chump ... you’re doing a GREAT job! :clap::clap:

Just another ad hominem attack by you. Also known as a one off.. some how people think it's a workable argument, it's not, it's a snark but if one has no argument it oftens devolves to snark. We should not go there as Ella as requested. I'm all for arguments based on facts.

See def #2 as it's used in language

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=one-off

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

One HUGE and important fact that most of the right continues to overook and/or fail to realize/remember is Trump was elected by a MINORITY of Americans, Americans did not want his type of leadership, they didn't want a mouthpiece politician who is full of rhetoric and that preys on people who are fearful of things that don't happen, what the majority wanted was a President that was stronger than Obama, but fair. The mistake Repub's keep making (and seem to be losing on) is not getting the memo and continuing to force the majority of voters in the country in a direction they did not want to go. By electoral college win does not mean the majority cannot or will not become loud and do their best to thwart Trump in every move he tries to make. THAT is the nature of our country at this moment.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DA533F43-3891-4781-BB94-A6A1F1F6BFDF.png 1F8DB53E-E10C-42DC-96A9-28125B376D3F.png

Interesting. An example of a questionable source vs a biased source.
My problem is that the president uses emotion over intellect, I think probably because he would not know what to say if asked for facts. He does “bluster” very well... facts, however, like how the constitution works, how far from the border the caravans are, how many people...in the crowds...in the caravans...percentage who voted for him...not so much.
Also, because he says things that are patentedly and easily fact checked that are not true, one cannot use him as a credible source of information anyway. He flips constantly, and I did not get that idea from a news source, but from watching and listening to him.
The only thing he does well is keep things in chaos to be sure there is no solid ground. At that he is doing a great job.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No it's your personal opinion that it's shameful etc.

1) Where did I state that my post was ‘fact’. A rational, stable, thinking person would pretty easily deduce that it was my opinion, as is 99% of what is posted in these 112 pages - yours included. This is a discussion, not a press conference. It only tumbles into personal attacks by the dems on here when someone with a different opinion chooses to voice it, which is exactly what happened when I posted my thoughts on AGBF’s post ... the typical bully brigade rolls in. SSDD. :roll:

2) Stop telling me how I should word my posts. I don’t subscribe to attempts at control like the protestors on Capitol Hill, reciting their leaders’ chants mindlessly like a bunch zombies. Posts like yours are the very reason you have a President Trump, and likely will again after 2020. Note: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/12/...-youre-not-as-smart-as-you-think-you-are.html

3) As for my original post calling out AGBF’s comment as hateful, how about you just let her speak for herself. She’s quite capable of defending her word choices if she wants.

4) Lastly, Ella has also noted that personal attacks and baiting are forbidden.

@Jimmianne you asked for a list; I supplied one, assuming you were sincere in your request. Just because the source is conservative-leaning doesn’t make the items it listed untrue. I would LOVE to point you to a left-leaning source, but they don’t report anything positive Trump does to make good on his promises. Ever wonder why that is? It’s not because there aren’t accomplishments to report; it’s because reporting his accomplishments doesn’t line their pockets as much as throwing gas on fires by saying "Trump touched a match when he was 12 years old ... it’s his fault!”

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likening citizens - whom you don’t even know ... who want to serve their country - to Nazis is a shameful, abhorrent characterization.

Shameful? Abhorrent? <choke>

I didn't liken citizens who wanted to serve their country to Nazis. I only likened citizens who want to serve Trump above their country to Nazis. Only Nazi-ish types would agree to serve Trump since serving him means working against the rule of law and therefore against our country. Trump is a thug who , after the midterms is going to get more thuggish. He will attempt to paint the Democrats, who must check him as it is their legal duty to do under the Constitution, as some sort of troublemakers. Mitch McConnell is already trying to paint oversight as harassment. (Sure, the Democrats should let Trump engage in any crimes and corruption he wishes. Any oversight of him is terrible harassment! How dare we get in the way of his crime spree?)

In 2020 the Democrats may have been painted as the bad guys, but they (we) have to exercise a check on him. The followers of Trump are all lawbreakers.

I really don't want to let Trump go unchecked. I do not feel I am being in the least uncivil. I am just calling a spade a spade instead of an instrument for earth removal.

AGBF

Last edited:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The article in the Canadafreepress lauding his accomplishments has been shown to be from a very uncredible source, however pick any bullet point and a quick google search will show you that the list is inaccurate and/or misleading

• Increased consumer confidence to the highest level in 18 years.
Despite such tools, economists have long debated whether assessments of confidence are particularly meaningful. A paper from the New England Economic Review, written a full two recessions ago, concluded that consumer sentiment doesn't have a great deal of predictive power when it comes to forecasting spending.

"The evidence suggests that sentiment is no more closely linked to expenditures in the 1990s than it has been in the previous 30 years," the authors wrote.

Still, there may be at least one reason to pay attention to sentiment—some analysts say it's an effective early warning when the economy is about to head south.

Consumer surveys are "really good at identifying turning points in the economy," said Brett Ryan, senior U.S. economist at Deutsche Bank. In other words, when a given confidence index is moving steadily up (or down), it doesn't mean much. But when public confidence is at a high point and then suddenly plunges, that can spell trouble.

For some professional readers of the economic tea leaves, that's a reason to take a more measured look at Americans' current exuberance.

"[E]xtreme levels of optimism are associated with impending recessions," Albert Edwards, an analyst with Societe Generale, wrote in a research note Wednesday, adding, "The U.S. consumer has gorged on optimism until they are fit to burst."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/consum...umps-favorite-economic-stat-doesnt-mean-much/

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shameful? Abhorrent? <choke>

I didn't liken citizens who wanted to serve their country to Nazis. I only likened citizens who want to serve Trump above their country to Nazis. Only Nazi-ish types would agree to serve Trump since serving him means working against the rule of law and therefore against our country. Trump is a thug who , after the midterms is going to get more thuggish. He will attempt to paint the Democrats, who must check him as it is their legal duty to do under the Constitution, as some sort of troublemakers. Mitch McConnell is already trying to paint oversight as harassment. (Sure, the Democrats should let Trump engage in any crimes and corruption he wishes. Any oversight of him is terrible harassment! How dare we get in the way of his crime spree?)

In 2020 the Democrats may have been painted as the bad guys, but they (we) have to exercise a check on him. The followers of Trump are all lawbreakers.

I really don't want to let Trump go unchecked. I do not feel I am being in the least uncivil. I am just calling a spade a spade instead of an instrument for earth removal.

AGBF

I’m certainly not suggesting he go unchecked; he absolutely should be. So I don’t take offense with the House’s responsibility in the least.

To so broadly & offensively paint every person who chooses to work for the Trump administration as a Nazi not only reflects poorly on yourself, it pretty much immediately shuts down anyone taking your comments seriously. It is exactly that type of hateful, extremist rhetoric that further divides the country with the unnecessary and inappropriate labels & name calling, and frankly, I’m kinda shocked that you - of all people - would actually go there. (I expect that kind of hate from others on this board, but I thought much higher of you).

I don’t recall any member of the Trump administration promoting genocide or suggesting that people should be tortured and burned in concentration camps. It is an absolutely disgusting and abhorrent characterization you’re making, not to mention insensitive as hell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results