shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is how much of that land is owned by the Federal Government. So I guess it's the Federal Government mismanaging it??

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 11.17.46 AM.png

Well the saddest part of all is that the US Forest Service this last fiscal year did not get the funding it needed to manage the forests.

Each year (no matter who the president is) this happens, but under Trump its been pretty bad. Forest fires get worse, and each year they have to pay a lot for volunteer fire men and women to help out.

Doing contolled burns means you have to have enough staff to do this. There's not enough staff to do this.

The frustrations in the regions is that DC screws those guys in more ways than one, and its true. its definitely not the guys in the field not caring enough. Its the mothership saying "make due with less".

So yes you can call it mismanagement.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sordid tale sums It up perfectly @ksinger .

Trump chose to send this tweet while California deals with a devastating fire. He couldn’t not be a bigger jerk if he purposely set out to do so.

There are no words for Trumps disrespect to journalists who are not from Fox. His treatment of Jim Acosta, April Ryan and Abby Phillip was unbelievable.

Where are the Republicans speaking out against Whitaker for Acting Attorney General? How incompetent are those working for Trump that they still don’t realize all these details regarding Whitaker are easy to prove?

I’m so proud of the Doctors who are standing up against the NRA.

Trump said he will not meet with Putin while both are in France. The Kremlin says they will meet. Who do you believe?

Last edited:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Why is it that calling out for gun control while the dead bodies are still bleeding is unseemly and politicizing a tragedy, but calling out for better forest management and threatening to withhold funds while endangered people are still fleeing the fires is not?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is it no one close to Trump realized the truth would come out quickly about Whitaker. Whitaker is they type of person the AG goes after, not hires. The incompetency of this administration is mind boggling. Trump started distancing himself from Whitaker yesterday. Whitaker can be this year’s Scaramucci. He can have Gen Kelly fire him next week.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How is it no one close to Trump realized the truth would come out quickly about Whitaker. Whitaker is they type of person the AG goes after, not hires. The incompetency of this administration is mind boggling. Trump started distancing himself from Whitaker yesterday. Whitaker can be this year’s Scaramucci. He can have Gen Kelly fire him next week.
Maybe they did, and maybe he wouldn't listen. I don't think that's outside the realm of possibilities....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree totally with you HC.. good points and great Ted Talk.

The bark beetle killing old trees is a huge culprit. I was at Yellowstone in May this year and there was huge swaths of fire/dead trees, bark beetle killed them and then all it takes is lightening and the whole place goes up.. with poor land management we have major huge fires.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-the-bark-beetle-fueled-californias-wildfires/

There actually is some truth to the fact that our forests are mismanaged

https://www.ted.com/talks/paul_hess...hat_we_can_do_about_it/transcript?language=en

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious what the Republicans are saying about Trump failing to attend a commemoration to honor France and US soldiers and marines who were killed during WWI, due to rain. Ben Rhodes tweeted “I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years. There is always a rain option. Always”.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To folks who love to dismiss incidents of racism as the act of individuals, and the ones who get worked up about people being called Nazis, I present to you the Baraboo High School Class of 2019.
2018-11-12_12-55-08.jpg

You can read the experiences shared by other Baraboo students here: https://twitter.com/jules_su

I look forward to the whataboutism, deflections, and other nonsense to come.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To folks who love to dismiss incidents of racism as the act of individuals, and the ones who get worked up about people being called Nazis, I present to you the Baraboo High School Class of 2019.
2018-11-12_12-55-08.jpg

You can read the experiences shared by other Baraboo students here: https://twitter.com/jules_su

I look forward to the whataboutism, deflections, and other nonsense to come.

A few weeks ago one of my fave members told me racism is a straw man argument :appl:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol:
Totally.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I’m curious what the Republicans are saying about Trump failing to attend a commemoration to honor France and US soldiers and marines who were killed during WWI, due to rain. Ben Rhodes tweeted “I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years. There is always a rain option. Always”."

As someone on facebook corrected when he put out the press release Trump because of rain "could not attend", someone corrected "would not attend."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I’m curious what the Republicans are saying about Trump failing to attend a commemoration to honor France and US soldiers and marines who were killed during WWI, due to rain. Ben Rhodes tweeted “I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years. There is always a rain option. Always”."

As someone on facebook corrected when he put out the press release Trump because of rain "could not attend", someone corrected "would not attend."

I have disliked General Kelly since he lied about Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, but he did go to the ceremony to honor the fallen from The Battle of Belleau Wood, even though he had to go by car in the rain. Thank God. He still has some decency in some arenas. But I guess to sink to the level of President Trump is difficult. It was a pivotal battle in World War I.

https://www.army.mil/article/207683/the_army_and_the_marine_devil_dogs_of_belleau_wood

AGBF

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is not only shameful, but horribly unfair and cruel. California brings more money to the federal budget than any other state, how do Californians feel about this tweet? As a always, there are several reasons for the fires, but could Trump wait with his root-cause analysis, at least till all the fires are extinguished? They are burning like crazy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the link.

Totally off topic and a thredjack.: How are you doing @House Cat? I believe you are in California and I have been thinking of you, @Matata and @Dancing Fire and hope you and your families are doing ok. Just seeing the pictures of the fires in California is heartbreaking. I can only imagine how scary this is for all who live near them.

Trump’s tweets regarding California made me sick over the weekend. I seriously doubt this tweet would have been sent if California was a Red State. The tweet made me go to the Red Cross website and I was glad they had a site where money donated goes directly to helping those affected by the California fires. I’m hoping many other Americans donate as well.

After this weekend, I don’t understand how a veteran could still support Trump. He did nothing to honor our fallen vets yet managed to meet Putin and send a nasty tweet to Americans facing a crisis in California. How is any of this acceptable to Americans?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you are safe Matata.

Did anyone find it reassuring to read Trump’s tweet that the New York Times story regarding North Korea developing missile bases is inaccurate? Trump said he would be the first to let us know if things go bad.

I can see it now. We will all receive a text message that says DUCK!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally off topic and a thredjack.: @Dancing Fire[/USER] and hope you and your families are doing ok. Just seeing the pictures of the fires in California is heartbreaking. I can only imagine how scary this is for all who live near them.
CC, Thanks for thinking about me and my family. We live in the central valley a few hundred miles north of this horrible fire, but we can still smell the smoke in the air outside. :knockout:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake I swear the first time I got a text saying “this is President Trump...” I nearly hurled my phone out the window of my car. Did this administration make a deal with Apple to get people to destroy their phones resulting in increased sales??? I am only half-joking!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the link.

Totally off topic and a thredjack.: How are you doing @House Cat? I believe you are in California and I have been thinking of you, @Matata and @Dancing Fire and hope you and your families are doing ok. Just seeing the pictures of the fires in California is heartbreaking. I can only imagine how scary this is for all who live near them.

Trump’s tweets regarding California made me sick over the weekend. I seriously doubt this tweet would have been sent if California was a Red State. The tweet made me go to the Red Cross website and I was glad they had a site where money donated goes directly to helping those affected by the California fires. I’m hoping many other Americans donate as well.

After this weekend, I don’t understand how a veteran could still support Trump. He did nothing to honor our fallen vets yet managed to meet Putin and send a nasty tweet to Americans facing a crisis in California. How is any of this acceptable to Americans?
Hi Cali,

I am fine. I live in the Sacramento Valley. Which means we are shaped like a bowl and we are catching a lot of smoke. Even the inside of our house is beginning to smell like smoke, but I am not complaining. This is nothing compared to the suffering of the people up north. Thank you for thinking of me. :kiss2:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you are safe Matata.

Did anyone find it reassuring to read Trump’s tweet that the New York Times story regarding North Korea developing missile bases is inaccurate? Trump said he would be the first to let us know if things go bad.

I can see it now. We will all receive a text message that says DUCK!!!

If such a message is needed, the timing of the new "presidential" alert system could not be more....fortuitous, could it?

emergency-alerts-1m-ago-presidential-alert-phnglui-mglwnafh-cthulhu-rlyeh-36698376.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for replying @House Cat and @Dancing Fire , I’m so glad you and your families are safe.

@monarch64 , I never received the Presidential Alert on my IPhone. I would be worried but have no doubt if the world is coming to an end, most
of my family will be coming to my house.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for replying @House Cat and @Dancing Fire , I’m so glad you and your families are safe.

@monarch64 , I never received the Presidential Alert on my IPhone. I would be worried but have no doubt if the world is coming to an end, most
of my family will be coming to my house.

If the world is coming to an end *I* am also coming to your house. I'll bring booze. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results