shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Octo2005 are you trying to confuse DF with facts, figures, charts and graphs? That's not nice. Especially the facts.

Oh, Maria, stop trying to put your Catholic guilt on poor Octo2005. You know Dancing Fire has never been bothered by facts.

Deb :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Maria, stop trying to put your Catholic guilt on poor Octo2005. You know Dancing Fire has never been bothered by facts.

Deb :wavey:
The fact is our economy is booming ...:tongue:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

No DF it’s real news, of course. Your point then is obviously that the economy improvement that was set in motion during the Obama presidency continues, despite Trump being in office.

“According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. economy added 2,188,000 jobs in 2017 — Trump’s first year in office. So far, it has added 1,306,000 jobs in 2018. But the economy added more jobs in every year of Obama’s second term than it did in Trump’s first year.”

Yes, Trump is apparently slowing it all down (and that’s before the effects of his tarriff wars and soaring deficits) but fortunately we have term limits!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, We are a country of immigrants and yet we hear the president say every day that the caravan is full of very bad people. The reality is they are people coming here seeking asylum, many of them women and small children. How many mothers would purposely put their children in harms way? This president wanted to have 15000 troops at the border and had the audacity to tell them to consider a rock thrown a weapon.

How is having 15,000 troops for less than 1,000 people crossing not a waste of money? Now Trump is putting up barbed wire. Won’t that be wonderful for a young child to walk into.

We have yet to hear Trump say any person employing an illegal citizen will face serious jail time, along with heavy fines. Don’t you think that would put an end to people trying to come here?

Trump spews hateful, mean spirited rhetoric. We have heard more from him about the caravan than anything positive in our country the past few weeks. 80% of people in the coutry illegally stay in the country after their visa expires. How is Trump addressing this?

@maria, I’m well aware that your response to Dancing Fire is the perfect response.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, We are a country of immigrants and yet we hear the president say every day that the caravan is full of very bad people. The reality is they are people coming here seeking asylum, many of them women and small children.
CC
IYO, How many millions of people should we allow to come in illegally?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is it illegal to seek asylum?

I know many who come in on a visa and stay after it expired.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is 100% legal to come to the USA Borders and apply for asylum. They CANNOT do it in their home countries or by visiting their us embassy , to seek asylum almost all these people would have to apply at the US border in person. To seek asylum at home is not even possible for most of them.
It is a violation of both US law and international law to intimidate or deny people the chance to apply for asylum status.
trump is lying. he has no regard for international law, much less our constitution.

I still cannot believe that I am hoping democrats take both the house and senate on Tuesday.

Had someone told me in 2014 , that 4 years later I would be hoping for and donating towards races to get a democratic led house and senate, I would have sincerely told them to see a psychologist. Not kidding. :cry2: I have had to avoid so much of what is going on. The lies and illegal and unethical behavior is too much for me to see. Corruption at this level and from a group of people who I once respected in some measure is still difficult to cope with.
Come 2019 I will be actively working in my area to help those in my area vote for people who believe in honesty and integrity and to NOT vote for anyone who will NOT DEMAND that of our leaders.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually he said at first that throwing a rock at someone’s face is the same as shooting someone in the face.
I have listened to reports from the caravan and the people are exhausted, needing food and water and hoping to find safe places to sleep. It takes a fearful person to feel threatened by these people. But it is not fear of these people that speaks, it is the fear of losing elections. Losing elections means losing money and power.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is it illegal to seek asylum?

I know many who come in on a visa and stay after it expired.
A relative asked me to sponsor him and his family from China to the US and I told him it is much easier for him to come to the US on a vacation visa and stay after their visa expired, then seek political asylum, b/c as a sponsor I am responsible for their financial needs till they become a US citizen which can take forever. IOW, If they applied for welfare/food stamps I will be the one responsible to pay back the county, and if they were hospitalized :eek-2: I would have to file for bankruptcy.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So @Dancng Fire you are promoting people coming to the country and staying illegally? You basically told him to come and not to leave when is visa expires.. Would this be acceptable to you if the person was a Mexican?

You are the one who is so concerned about the people in the caravan who are seeking asylum and yet you are fine with this person staying in the country illegally.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So @Dancng Fire you are promoting people coming to the country and staying illegally? You basically told him to come and not to leave when is visa expires.. Would this be acceptable to you if the person was a Mexican?
No I'm not,and hope he don't do it. Too many people are gaming the system it doesn't matter where they came from. I only support legal Immigration.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok @Dancing Fire . Did you vote yet? If so, was the polling place crowded?
I waited for an hour to vote today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, I wish I would have mailed mine in. So many people walked in the door and just turned around and left due to how crowded it was. It wasn’t this busy two years ago on Election Day.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, I wish I would have mailed mine in. So many people walked in the door and just turned around and left due to how crowded it was. It wasn’t this busy two years ago on Election Day.
The Rep. are coming out to vote. ;)):lol:

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A relative asked me to sponsor him and his family from China to the US and I told him it is much easier for him to come to the US on a vacation visa and stay after their visa expired, then seek political asylum, b/c as a sponsor I am responsible for their financial needs till they become a US citizen which can take forever. IOW, If they applied for welfare/food stamps I will be the one responsible to pay back the county, and if they were hospitalized :eek-2: I would have to file for bankruptcy.

To seek asylum or refugee status a person normally has to present themselves to the INS (usually at a border station) and claim asylum or refugee status prior to enter the country. A brief hearing is held on the claimed situation and it can be denied right there and the person turned away before they are admitted into the USA if the claim does not seem plausible or likely to succeed with a more complete and formal investigation and hearing. If the situation seems plausible US Law requires entry into the US and entry into the more formal investigation and hearing process. About 25 years ago only about 75% of those were ultimately allowed to become legal residents with a path to citizenship. The others were deported (I had a close acquaintance who went though this process). I do not know the current %.

I do know that there is no reason for any troops or anything on the US border to protect us from the people that are coming to claim asylum or refugee status. They will not just walk across the border. They will one person (or one family at a time) walk up to an immigration officer at a border station and request asylum or refugee status; have an initial review on their situation on the spot, be denied, or be allowed entry in accordance with the existing laws and procedures in place. This has been going on for decades. These are not illegal immigrants.

If you are legally in the US via other reasons; it is a more difficult process with a lessor chance of success. You have to show that something changed back in your home country to make it unsafe for you to return (major political party change, military coup, etc. and your family is on the loosing side of things).

My wife is an immigrant and went through a more conventional process (and became a US citizen last year). You also have a misunderstanding on the requirements regarding financial support of someone you sponsor... I had to sign those papers for my wife. It's not as you say - there is a time limit to your responsibility; and there are outs for certain situations (other than Citizenship).

You are free to have your own opinions. It might look better if you researched the actual facts and processes.

I wish you, and all others, well,

Perry

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wife is an immigrant and went through a more conventional process (and became a US citizen last year). You also have a misunderstanding on the requirements regarding financial support of someone you sponsor... I had to sign those papers for my wife. It's not as you say - there is a time limit to your responsibility; and there are outs for certain situations (other than Citizenship).
It could be under different rules since you can only have one wife legally ;)), but I'm talking about sponsoring relatives (more than one person)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had someone told me in 2014 , that 4 years later I would be hoping for and donating towards races to get a democratic led house and senate, I would have sincerely told them to see a psychologist.

I have seen several other former conservative Republicans including Nicolle Wallace, Joe Scarborough, Steve Schmidt, and George Will who left the Republican party because of Donald Trump speak about why they did it. Nevertheless, I think Captain "Sully" Sullenberger, who was interviewed a few nights ago, is worth hearing. He is the pilot who performed the "Miracle on the Hudson" landing, saving all his passengers.

Captain Sullenberger...

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire, We are a country of immigrants and yet we hear the president say every day that the caravan is full of very bad people. The reality is they are people coming here seeking asylum, many of them women and small children. How many mothers would purposely put their children in harms way? This president wanted to have 15000 troops at the border and had the audacity to tell them to consider a rock thrown a weapon.

How is having 15,000 troops for less than 1,000 people crossing not a waste of money? Now Trump is putting up barbed wire. Won’t that be wonderful for a young child to walk into.

We have yet to hear Trump say any person employing an illegal citizen will face serious jail time, along with heavy fines. Don’t you think that would put an end to people trying to come here?

Trump spews hateful, mean spirited rhetoric. We have heard more from him about the caravan than anything positive in our country the past few weeks. 80% of people in the coutry illegally stay in the country after their visa expires. How is Trump addressing this?

@maria, I’m well aware that your response to Dancing Fire is the perfect response.

Well that would put quite a burden on his friend, Devin Nunes
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a23471864/devin-nunes-family-farm-iowa-california/

Oh, right, and himself
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-undocumented-immigrants-tower-demolish-724845

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results