shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, @Maria D and @Matata , I’m curious about your thoughts on Trump’s speech today?

I haven't yet read it or heard it. here is what "The New York Times" says about it.

Fact Check of the Day

Trump’s Falsehood-Laden Speech on Immigration
At the White House, and in the lead-up to the midterm elections, President Trump issued a warning to the migrant caravan headed toward the United States. His speech was filled with inaccurate claims.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/us/politics/fact-check-trump-immigration-.html

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...we can agree to disagree then.
I read it the same way as Tekate. I thought Maria meant that because we are not experiencing those neighborhoods directly, we only understand what is happening on an intellectual level so it is more difficult for us to be emotionally involved in what is happening in those neighborhoods, I saw nothing racist in her post.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Chump farts, are you going to blame him for global warming?

:roll:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Chump farts, are you going to blame him for global warming?
Why yes, yes we will. He thinks everything he does is the best so his farts have to be the smelliest, most carbon monoxide laden, global-sized farts ever produced in the history of humanity and when you add in the gaseous emissions from his mouth, one can come to no other conclusion than he has significantly contributed to climate change.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why yes, yes we will. He thinks everything he does is the best so his farts have to be the smelliest, most carbon monoxide laden, global-sized farts ever produced in the history of humanity and when you add in the gaseous emissions from his mouth, one can come to no other conclusion than he has significantly contributed to climate change.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obama is speaking in FL right now ... being aired on tv. In all seriousness, is he sick? He literally looks jaundiced, very ‘yellow’ in the face, forehead, neck, etc. :confused:

It’s not a tv issue.

ETA: just saw his forearms and hands motioning while speaking and I see it a little there as well.

Anyone else watching & see this?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obama is speaking in FL right now ... being aired on tv. In all seriousness, is he sick? He literally looks jaundiced, very ‘yellow’ in the face, forehead, neck, etc. :confused:

It’s not a tv issue.

ETA: just saw his forearms and hands motioning while speaking and I see it a little there as well.

Perhaps he can borrow Chump's tanning bed? :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched a clip. I think it's the lighting maybe? I loved the way he handled the hecklers, though.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Others’ skin tones in the immediate area and audience appeared ‘normal’; he was visibly yellow. If it was just lighting, his very crisp-white shirt would have shown it as well. That made it stand out that much more to me.

I didn’t watch early/long enough to see/hear any hecklers, but I did just hear that jobs numbers are still up, unemployment is still holding at a 49-year low, wages are up, and hiring is up across almost every sector. Good news for Americans when the economy is strong! :dance:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Others’ skin tones in the immediate area and audience appeared ‘normal’; he was visibly yellow. If it was just lighting, his very crisp-white shirt would have shown it as well. That made it stand out that much more to me.

I didn’t watch early/long enough to see/hear any hecklers, but I did just hear that jobs numbers are still up, unemployment is still holding at a 49-year low, wages are up, and hiring is up across almost every sector. Good news for Americans when the economy is strong! :dance:

Thanks Obama!! :dance::dance::dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still see inflation UP. Real WAGES, stagnant. The DEBT, it's deplorable. Bad news for Americans who work for little money, will have to pay more for less and leaving a debt for their kids that is disgusting.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's Fox TV throwing some shade on him.. truthfully, he's a light skinned black man.

It’s not a tv issue.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ds don't wanna hear the bad news. :naughty:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/wi...HRcNenLs1Eoq7V3moI0frZSEoFEdZYW99LDcxGeOPLS48

Wow, just wow no words! sad :((

If you think about how much emotion fans put into something like a soccer game or a baseball game or a football game, it doesn't take much of a stretch of the imagination to see how much of the anger and other emotions they carry around with them every day that they can displace onto the political arena. It is this dynamic which is at work when people invest so much in political ideas and political figures that they love or hate/idolize or vilify. I am sure you have read about rioting by mobs over soccer in the UK. I had a man in my psychotherapy practice years ago who became extremely depressed and angry when his hockey team lost. It affected his entire life. He was in a bad mood that caused strife between him and his wife and also jeopardized his job.

Often we do not know how much we are affected by things in our unconscious, but the power of the unconscious on politics can be enormous. If one looks at studies of Hitler he can see that many historians believe Hitler remained unmarried because he appealed to women in Germany as an available bachelor. Many of them felt in love with him and needed to feel he was available and unmarried to receive their love.

People's reactions to political figures as well as to political ideas is tricky.

AGBF

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still see inflation UP. Real WAGES, stagnant. The DEBT, it's deplorable. Bad news for Americans who work for little money, will have to pay more for less and leaving a debt for their kids that is disgusting.
Agree, Thanks to Obama for spending 9 trillion during his 8 yrs as POTUS.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched a clip. I think it's the lighting maybe? I loved the way he handled the hecklers, though.

Thanks for alerting me to Obama and the hecklers, soxfan. I love him. It is so refreshing to see him after years (it feels like decades) of seeing Trump bait people and lie at a microphone. Obama is so calm and cool and truthful. He just rolls up his sleeves and jokes and talks to people. I love to see him talk to a crowd.

https://www.bustle.com/p/videos-of-...a-rally-show-he-hasnt-lost-his-touch-13085234

AGBF

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree, Thanks to Obama for spending 9 trillion during his 8 yrs as POTUS.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...r-plus-deficits-fiscal-ruin-column/986236002/

Trump's deficits are permanent
Unlike the trillion dollar budget deficits that occurred during the Obama administration that were temporary and largely the result of the Great Recession, the Trump deficits that will soon reach and exceed $1 trillion are permanent and will only get worse in the years ahead.

The Trump deficits are the result of changes in federal spending and revenue that will continue to be in place until some president and Congress decide to reverse them, that is, to increase taxes and make cuts to popular programs.

Trump's Fiscal Year 2019 budget projects the debt will increase $8.3 trillion during his first term. It's almost as much as Obama added in two terms while fighting a recession. Trump has not fulfilled his campaign promise to cut the debt. Instead, he's done the opposite. https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. economy added 2,188,000 jobs in 2017 — Trump’s first year in office. So far, it has added 1,306,000 jobs in 2018. But the economy added more jobs in every year of Obama’s second term than it did in Trump’s first year.

Another indicator of economic growth is the percentage of people employed during their prime working years. In December 2009, right before the end of Obama’s first year in office, 74.8 percent of adults between 25 and 54 were employed. The years 2010 and 2011 marked the indicator’s low points, averaging 75.1 percent each year. But by the time Obama left office, that yearly average had rebounded to 77.9 percent. The ratio continued to climb through 2017, averaging 78.6 percent for the year, and 2018 is on track to be the best year in a decade- continuing the trend from Obama's presidency.

2300.jpg

Another measure of an economy’s health is the deficit-to-GDP ratio. In other words, how much a country is earning vs. how much it is spending. The measure ballooned to 9.8 percent in 2009 when the recession was at its peak and the stimulus act was passed. By 2016, it had gone down to 3.1 percent. In Trump’s first year, it went up to 3.4 percent. That’s unusual, because the economy is doing well, but it reflects the impact of Trump’s tax cut on government revenue. The increase in the federal deficit may make it hard for the government to respond to the next economic crisis. So if Trump is taking credit for the impact of the tax cut on economic growth, he needs to accept blame for the boost in the deficit.

2300.jpg

Median wages for all workers have been steadily increasing since 2014. In the last quarter of 2017, they plunged below their rate when Trump took office but have since recovered to about the same level. In other words, after an initial bump, wages are basically where Obama left them.

Trump’s economy following the trend set by the last years of Obama’s economy, it has very little to do with any of his policies.

In fact, the CBO predicts that those making less than $75,000/year are going to be hit the hardest starting in 2019 under Trump's new budget to cover the deficit.

According to the estimates, anyone making less than $30,000 a year would feel the pinch starting in 2019, with the greatest "savings" to the government (again, a combination of either increases in payments or decreases in money spent on a group in services) coming from those who make less than $10,000 a year.

By 2020, everyone making $40,000 or less a year would also be contributing to lowering the deficit by paying more in taxes and/or receiving less in services, creating a net savings for the federal government. In that year, the groups making between $10,000 and $20,000 and between $20,000 and $30,000 would each be contributing double what the under-$10,000 group did in savings.

By 2027, everyone making less than $75,000 would provide a net savings to the government, whether through higher taxes, lower amounts spent on services, or both.

The groups getting the most are those making between $100,000 and $500,000. Groups above that will get less in total, but there will also be fewer in each group, so their average benefit could be (and likely will be) significantly higher.

Here's the full table from the CBO report.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Feriksherman%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F11%2Fallocation-changes-net-federal-revenue-table.jpg

Positive numbers in the table mean savings to the government and a loss to the people in a group. Negative numbers mean a loss to the government or a net gain for those in the group. Clearly those at the top are reaping the rewards and people who are already struggling will be hit with huge financial burdens with decreased safety nets and social problems all the while shouldering higher taxes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksh...rse-for-low-incomes-than-before/#4695e12a503c

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is adding to the defect and our economy is great. Can you imagine what he would do if he walked into the mess Obama inherited?

Trump is running the country like he ran his business, into the ground. The sad thing is his supporters could careless. Why do you think he refused to show his tax returns? He lies about everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results