shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
My Kool Aid is just fine, thanks for asking though :)

I make no excuses for the administration. I am an independent minded person.
For me, Trumps agenda is in line with what I believe in personally. It outweighs his many character faults. I pay attention to what he's trying to do rather than only what he's saying.

I think a lot of people here love their echo chambers though... I'm sure listening to Rachel Maddow gives you a different perspective on things.

Good for you. Are you brave enough to move to Guam?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, DON'T do it!!! You will risk a bad haircut!!!

We must have our priorities!!

I already got one and it was just it time for my father's memorial service. My hair is super short, but usually looks feminine and (I think) cute. But my hairdresser took too much off the sides, so that it wasn't at all fluffy. It looked shaven (although it wasn't.) So my ears were the most prominent thing you saw on me. I thought I looked just like Jeff Sessions. My daughter (who loves him) told me I wasn't as cute.

Deb :(

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and we digress
It's much harder to stick to the facts apparently :confused2:
Dearest Bon bon,

You are arguing with Dancing Fire, a practice that almost never involves sticking to the facts!

With love,
The cat.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already got one and it was just it time for my father's memorial service. My hair is super short, but usually looks feminine and (I think) cute. But my hairdresser took too much off the sides, so that it wasn't at all fluffy. It looked shaven (although it wasn't.) So my ears were the most prominent thing you saw on me. I thought I looked just like Jeff Sessions. My daughter (who loves him) told me I wasn't as cute.

Deb :(
Deb,

I am 100% certain that you looked lovely. We are always our biggest critics when it comes to our appearances.

And your daughter deserves no ice cream for the rest of the summer! Stinker!

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Ha. I'm sure CNN is an absolute bastion of truth.
They've made every effort to try to undermine our president. At a time of crisis like this they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.:angryfire:

Maybe you prefer to read/hear news from a source with "Fox" on it: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...an-only-absolute-force-can-work-on-trump.html

North Korea responds to US threats with Guam attack plan: 'Only absolute force' can work on Trump
North Korea on Wednesday responded to a new round of threats from President Donald Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis -- with a claim that it could launch four missiles in Guam's direction within just a week.

In a statement released by its state-run media, KCNA, the North Korean general who oversees the regime's rocket command said it would complete its plan to attack waters near Guam by mid-August, then “wait for” orders from the commander in chief of its nuclear force.

The statement comes after Trump took to Twitter on Wednesday, noting that the U.S. nuclear arsenal is "now far stronger and more powerful than ever before," adding, "Hopefully we will never have to use this power, but there will never be a time that we are not the most powerful nation in the world!"

The statement from the North said its plan to strike Guam would feature a "historic enveloping fire" at the U.S. Pacific territory.

North Korea called Trump's threat of responding with "fire and fury" as a "load of nonsense," and that "only absolute force" can work on the president.

Comments from the general said the action against Guam would be "an effective remedy for restraining the frantic moves of the U.S. in the southern part of the Korean peninsula and its vicinity."

Earlier Wednesday, Mattis put out his own warning, telling the rogue nation to stop its actions that would "lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people."

The plan to strike near Guam would include the "simultaneous" firing of four Hwasong-12 intermediate-range ballistic rockets (IRBM), according to South Korea's Yonhap News Agency.

North Korea's KCNA reported the rockets would cross over Shimane, Hiroshima and Koichi before landing in the surrounding waters, 18 to 24 miles away from Guam.

Fox News' Lucas Tomlinson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest Bon bon,

You are arguing with Dancing Fire, a practice that almost never involves sticking to the facts!

With love,
The cat.

Dearest The Cat,

As if you do? o_O

Back at ya!
Bon Bon

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest The Cat,

As if you do? o_O

Back at ya!
Bon Bon
Sigh,

I was implying that most everything DF says is based on some FOX news based fantasy.

I was not saying anything about your posting style. But thanks for insulting mine.

I happen to think that I am rather good at sticking to the facts in most threads.

There are instances where there might be sidebar conversations or where a thread might veer off onto another subject. That isn't for any person on this forum to police.

Take care.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok before I was born...:mrgreen2:

A lot of things happened before you were born, Dancing Fire. Perhaps the events that took place before you were around do not have any relevance to you, but some of us take a somewhat broader perspective of history. Once in a while I even think back to the influence that people in the nineteenth century had on us! (I really should draw the line on ancient Greece and Rome, however. I have been criticized for mentioning them here, and now I understand why they are anathema.)

Deb
:saint:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh,

I was implying that most everything DF says is based on some FOX news based fantasy.

I was not saying anything about your posting style. But thanks for insulting mine.

I happen to think that I am rather good at sticking to the facts in most threads.

There are instances where there might be sidebar conversations or where a thread might veer off onto another subject. That isn't for any person on this forum to police.

Take care.

Cat,

I understand exactly what you are saying. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems you are policing DF's style. Certainly insulting his opinions. Why so harsh?

Live and let live,
Bon Bon (I like that)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been watching MSNBC...:praise:

Did you watch any Fox tonight Dancing Fire. I'm really curious what they said about the latest developments? Are they defending Trump?

I was going to flip Fox on but figured I didn't need to upset myself more than I currently am.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you watch any Fox tonight Dancing Fire. I'm really curious what they said about the latest developments? Are they defending Trump?

I was going to flip Fox on but figured I didn't need to upset myself more than I currently am

I listened to the radio while driving all the way from Connecticut to Virginia today. I heard everything that was on the news! Sean Hannity spoke on a clip played on MSNBC. In that clip he attacked Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein for their Democratic connections and called them corrupt. So the answer is that Fox is still defending Trump vigorously!

Next question about today's news?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was going to flip Fox on but figured I didn't need to upset myself more than I currently am

I listened to the radio while driving all the way from Connecticut to Virginia today. I heard everything that was on the news! Sean Hannity spoke on a clip played on MSNBC. In that clip he attacked Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein for their Democratic connections and called them corrupt. So the answer is that Fox is still defending Trump vigorously!

Next question about today's news?

Deb

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cat,

I understand exactly what you are saying. Correct me if I'm wrong, seems you are policing DF's style. Certainly insulting his opinions. Why so harsh?
I have been here for 14 yrs. and nothing have changed...

Rule#1... you must agree with all the far left policies or else the liberals here will label you as dumb, ignorant and stupid.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, How on earth could I possibly think the past few days would wake Trump supporters up? They were saying all day that no one knew Trump was going to make the comments he made. Fox can't say he was advised To make the comments. One would think common sense would tell you not to play a game of chicken with a lunatic. This whole situation is sickening.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you must agree with all the far left policies or else the liberals here will label you as dumb, ignorant and stupid.

To you a "far left policy" is cutting only 20 million people off Medicaid instead of 23 million with a Republican health care bill! You probably support The Freedom Caucus! The regular Republicans aren't mean enough to welfare recipients.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, What is happening now is exactly what had most of us libs so freaked out when Trump won the election. He has never been a stable person. He should never be given the nuclear codes. Trump made the statement during his campaign that we have nuclear weapons, why don't we use them? When will republicans wake up?

Someone here said they don't pay attention to what Trump says. How crazy is that? Words matter whether Republicans want to face that fact or not. People need to quit making excuses for him. Look at where we are today due to his careless words.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To you a "far left policy" is cutting only 20 million people off Medicaid instead of 23 million with a Republican health care bill! You probably support The Freedom Caucus! The regular Republicans aren't mean enough to welfare recipients.
I'll say it again..."neither side have any solutions on health care"

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a thought Dancing Fire. Maybe Trump should start by shutting up and actually listen to actual experts who know how to deal with foreign governments and quit listening to his family. You can't surround yourself with people who have zero experience in government. No wonder the rest of the world thinks we are idiots.

Trump should not be president.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire,
Someone here said they don't pay attention to what Trump says. How crazy is that? Words matter whether Republicans want to face that fact or not. People need to quit making excuses for him. Look at where we are today due to his careless words.
I'd agree that Trump should chose his words more wisely before he opens his big mouth.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to flip Fox on but figured I didn't need to upset myself more than I currently am.
CC...you should stick with MSNBC, ABC, CNN and NBC news...;))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only did Obama say he would protect the US he said he stood by his allies .

quote from below pointer:

I restated to President Park and Prime Minister Abe the unshakable U.S. commitment to take necessary steps to defend our allies in the region, including through our deployment of a Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery to the ROK, and the commitment to provide extended deterrence, guaranteed by the full spectrum of U.S. defense capabilities.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...statement-president-north-koreas-nuclear-test

So it would have been better to say: "I will send hellfire to you!!!" boy if this is where we have sunk to DF then so be it, but our country USED to believe in a sense of decorum.. since the right wingers and low information voters are in charge it's all about 'big words' and "threats" instead of diplomacy and thoughtful retaliation. My father - WWII, 11 Battlestars - is seething I'm sure.. he was a true patriot, hero and quiet. :(

CC
I'd agree that Trump is using the wrong words. All he needed to say is ..." I'll do whatever is necessary to protect our country". and nothing more.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have sunk unbelievably low @Tekate. I honestly am beginning to wonder if the divide is so wide that we will never begin to repair this country. Even here some of the republicans are still trying to make it seem as though Trump isn't so bad. Can you imagine if a democrat president acted the way Trump has this week? Don't even get me started on every other week leading up to this week. Trump has no moral compass. He has treated people terribly and showed the world who he is for years. When he made the remark that he could shot someone in Times Square and still get elected why could his base not see he was calling them stupid.

Alienating the rest of the world is the wrong way to go about having peace.
The republicans better wake up and fix this mess they created.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cat,

Live and let live,
Bon Bon (I like that)
Policing? No. It was a little jab in the ribs to DF. Because he is kind of a broken record, the only thing I can do is have a some fun with him.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have sunk unbelievably low @Tekate. I honestly am beginning to wonder if the divide is so wide that we will never begin to repair this country. Even here some of the republicans are still trying to make it seem as though Trump isn't so bad. Can you imagine if a democrat president acted the way Trump has this week? Don't even get me started on every other week leading up to this week. Trump has no moral compass. He has treated people terribly and showed the world who he is for years. When he made the remark that he could shot someone in Times Square and still get elected why could his base not see he was calling them stupid.

Alienating the rest of the world is the wrong way to go about having peace.
The republicans better wake up and fix this mess they created.
I believe the divide is with a much smaller group of people than some would have us believe.

Recent polls are showing that Republicans do not trust Trump. His numbers are beginning to sink with Repulicans and with his base.

Somewhere, certain groups must benefit from partisanship. Maybe it is time we start believing that we aren't so different. Maybe we need to start reaching across the divide?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are correct. I have a real hard time believing polls after this past election.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results