shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scary times indeed! We had an escalation in '13 whereby we flexed and flaunted our power by flying our nuclear equipped B-2 and B-52 bombers near their border. Along with our Stealth fighters which if you've ever experienced one flying over you, is a major phycological experience! (As it's intended to be). Strong but careful wording is crucial. Trump needs to button it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to mention Pyongyang's constant steam of propaganda. Trump is just feeding into this. It's also giving Kim Jong Un the global attention he seeks.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now North Korea is threatening to attack Guam by mid August.

It is being reported that's Trump's threat yesterday infuriated Kim Jong Un.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Dancing Fire his flipping words could end up getting us killed. It's being reported that his threat yesterday was improvised. If you think this clown is best for our country, you are delusional.
Well, Bush and the Obama admin. had been playing Mr. nice guys with N.K. for the past 16 yrs and tensions have not eased b/t our two countries. I don't think the world have any answers on how to deal with N.K.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No soxfan, you are not being fair to DF. What he said is not in defense of Trump. Historically he is right. This didn't just come about in a vacuum. This has been on going for decades, and DF is right, it's a complicated issue on NK. The sanctions are worthless, the inspectors on the ground were worthless. Do you have better ideas? No one here is defending Trumps escalation. Not even DF :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
North Korea is stating it will target Guam because they know they can't at this point in time successfully attack the US directly. Any military strategist will tell you the targets are Guam, any US military bases currently in my part of the world, the armada of warships you guys currently have off their and our coastlines, South Korea, Japan, and Australia is about no.4 or 5 on the list.

DF past presidents have had the diplomacy the be able to deal with Kim Jong Un and his predecessors, Trump seems to lack this diplomacy completely, that's the issue.....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what do you suggest? pay N.K. off like what Obama did with Iran so that they can advance their nuke programs further with our $$$?...:roll:wall::wall:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
North Korea is now making fun of Trump. According to CNN, North Korea called Trump's "fire and fury" threat as a "load of nonsense" and said that they can't have any dialogue with "such a guy bereft of reason". I can't decide whether to laugh or cry :confused2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF past presidents have had the diplomacy the be able to deal with Kim Jong Un and his predecessors, Trump seems to lack this diplomacy completely, that's the issue.....
So did it work for the past 30 yrs? , No, or else how did we get to this point?

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
North Korea is now making fun of Trump. According to CNN, North Korea called Trump's "fire and fury" threat as a "load of nonsense" and said that they can't have any dialogue with "such a guy bereft of reason". I can't decide whether to laugh or cry :confused2:
So what else is new? N.K. have had been pissing on our face for the past 40 yrs.

TruthBeTold

Rough_Rock

Ha. I'm sure CNN is an absolute bastion of truth.
They've made every effort to try to undermine our president. At a time of crisis like this they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.:angryfire:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha. I'm sure CNN is an absolute bastion of truth.
They've made every effort to try to undermine our president. At a time of crisis like this they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.:angryfire:

Ruby :wavey:

Now honey, Jim Jones is in charge of mixing the kool aid for this administration so just put your glass down and back away...

TruthBeTold

Rough_Rock
My Kool Aid is just fine, thanks for asking though :)

I make no excuses for the administration. I am an independent minded person.
For me, Trumps agenda is in line with what I believe in personally. It outweighs his many character faults. I pay attention to what he's trying to do rather than only what he's saying.

I think a lot of people here love their echo chambers though... I'm sure listening to Rachel Maddow gives you a different perspective on things.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, DON'T do it!!! You will risk a bad haircut!!!

We must have our priorities!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And incase you are starting to tap away, that is not my intention to in anyway defend Trump.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No soxfan, you are not being fair to DF. What he said is not in defense of Trump. Historically he is right. This didn't just come about in a vacuum. This has been on going for decades, and DF is right, it's a complicated issue on NK. The sanctions are worthless, the inspectors on the ground were worthless. Do you have better ideas? No one here is defending Trumps escalation. Not even DF :lol:

You are right. But honestly, I never feared nuclear war with NK under Clinton, Bush or Obama. Because they didn't treat the Presidency like Game of Thrones.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an independent minded person.
For me, Trumps agenda is in line with what I believe in personally. It outweighs his many character faults. I pay attention to what he's trying to do rather than only what he's saying.
You believe in discrimination, lies, damaging the environment, rescinding worker rights and protections, LGBT rights and protections, voter rights.....Ah geez, I smell a troll.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If ya'll do what I'm doing and put it on ignore then we can dispense with ridiculous arguments.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right. But honestly, I never feared nuclear war with NK under Clinton, Bush or Obama. Because they didn't treat the Presidency like Game of Thrones.

But you should have. This is not a new threat. Like I said, the US has tried diplomacy, inspectors (total joke) sanction tightening. Kim Jun Un has taken up where his father left off. This is not going away! Past administrations have been unable to "deal" with this crazy little man. Perhaps we should send Dennis Rodman over to "play" with Kim! :lol: I agree Trump is not handling this in a "Presidential" manner. He doesn't have the skills.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've missed you Matata!
Awww, thanks. We got back from 3 weeks in Newfoundland on Saturday and I'm still playing catch-up with mail, laundry, and all the adulting crap.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But you should have. This is not a new threat. Like I said, the US has tried diplomacy, inspectors (total joke) sanction tightening. Kim Jun Un has taken up where his father left off. This is not going away! Past administrations have been unable to "deal" with this crazy little man. Perhaps we should send Dennis Rodman over to "play" with Kim! :lol: I agree Trump is not handling this in a "Presidential" manner. He doesn't have the skills.

It's different now because our president is escalating the situation instead of diffusing it diplomatically.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's different now because our president is escalating the situation instead of diffusing it diplomatically.

Honey you'll get no disagreement with me! However, I think the past diffusing have been pats on the head and looking the other way and underestimating the threat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results