shape
carat
color
clarity

Hoop earrings and disappointment

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I am partly venting partly looking for advice. I have ordered 3 different pairs of hoop earrings since Christmas and have returned 2, ready to make that 3 now. They have been from ebay, Zales, and Blue Nile and they all suffer the same issue: if my hair hits them or I gently touch them while moving my hair they just fall out! I work from home so the good thing is they have not been lost yet. So now I have this pair I'm afraid to leave the house in :lol-2: , is this just the norm? Anybody have a pair that seem to be better constructed? Does anyone have these 1 1/2 in from BN and have a suggestion?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe show us the closure that you currently have and that's not working. I'm sure there are safe options out there

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m guessing they are open back hoops?

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
20200204_180312.jpg

Here is a picture.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
@whitewave
I am drooling at the thought of how securely that earring closes!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paging @mrs-b ! I recall that she has custom hoops from David Klass that won’t fall out.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the closing mechanism may need adjusting, e.g. crimping the sides closer, or straightening the posts etc...

DK :))

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmmmm.......I have multiple pairs of Blue Nile hoops with exactly that type of closure, and they are VERY secure. Never ever fallen out and I sleep and do pretty much everything in them except shower. I think @dk168 is probably correct that your particular pair needs the mechanism adjusted.

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, I'm going to give crimping a try.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock

I have 2 pairs of these which I wear rather frequently.
Whenever I feel it gets loosened, I would adjust/lift the end of the post slightly higher (upward). This would aid tightening =)2

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also use those teeny rubber earring backs on stuff like that to ensure even if it opens - won’t fall off! Can buy them in bulk at craft stores.

ShawnWiz

Rough_Rock
Oh I have the same problems with my hoop. Ever since I found these auto clip ones from Korea, I am obsessed! You have to try to find a similar one and you would know what I mean. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results