shape
carat
color
clarity

"Homer Bound" (Pictures of Gemstones by cutter Richard Homer)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coldfusion - The bei van tiet 18K pendant interests me. Is there any contact info or web site you can provide/did you have the gold pendant work part done through Wink?

Thanks,
Michelle

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!... I just sent in the balance for my diamond... maybe I should get it back!
1.gif
Some of those are amazing.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, Richard is a wizard, to take some decent stones and make them SO amazing!!! I will be sending some stones his way to get those WOW stones I always wanted...

and Josh thanks for the pictures, but now, I WANT ALL OF THEM!!!!
cry.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I just discovered this thread, and I am in awe. I think that I need to stop obsessing over diamonds for a little while and get myself some coloured gems, because these stones are knock-outs!

Daniela

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Watch your wallet, as it starts out with diamonds, then Gems, pearls...and there is no end!

Soon you will have bigger and bigger jewelery boxes with less and less in the bank!!
errrr.gif
...but MAN will you look good!
2.gif
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 4/27/2004 8:32:59 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

Coldfusion - The bei van tiet 18K pendant interests me. Is there any contact info or web site you can provide/did you have the gold pendant work part done through Wink?

Thanks,
Michelle----------------
Bei is an 80 something year old Vietnamese refugee who I gave his first job when he arrived here in the states. We are still family friends and I take jobs to his Oriental Grocery store here in Boise when I have someone who wants real hand made jewelry. He makes every thing by hand, even the grape vines and leaves in the picture of the amethyst that I believe was shown earlier.

He does not speak much English, but we always manage to get the idea accross and his kids are VERY sharp!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nicrez,

You can go directly to Richard or work through me. If you mention my name to him he will give you a ten percent discount. He rewards me for my loyalty and for my efforts to drive people to him by keeping me in the loop, so your price will be the same either way.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.S. I have put a couple of spinning stones of his on my website at www.winkjones.com. We will be putting many more up in the days to come. Richard is sending a parcel of stones to be photographed that will include an incredible 9ct + tanzanite.

Go to the Jewelry Store section, then choose concave faceting. Both of the garnets the red and the orange will spin when you click on the photo.

In the Jewelry Store/rings section the ruby ring will spin.

My wife told me, and I agree, that this is the first time we have seen photos that even came close to looking as good as one of his stones in person.

Wink

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Wink! As we don't have a ral trusted jeweler yet (or at least one who is almost impossible to see here in NYC), I am slowly building up the pressure for my fiance to start "investing" in a Homer cut gem, and perhaps you could set it...

Again, knowing that these are not cheap, but absolutely collectible, it's going to take some time to build up that steam...
2.gif
Thanks againa dn I will definately visit your sight! What a great new photography technique, I am in awe!!!
love.gif
So innovative!!!
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks. The photography is courtesy of Randy Hays, a long time friend and designing jeweler. He now sells 3D soft ware and milling machines to Jewelers so that we can make better quality jewelry at more reasonable prices.

He takes a movie of the stone then runs it through software that takes (I think) thirty-seven of the frames and puts them into a film strip like jpeg and then exports the whole thing including the Java language to my web site where I can put it up for you to see. Pretty cool! He will be offering this to jewelers at pretty reasonable rates, much cheaper than investing your own 12k into equipment and then buying the software.

Wink

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------

Bei is an 80 something year old Vietnamese refugee who I gave his first job when he arrived here in the states. We are still family friends and I take jobs to his Oriental Grocery store here in Boise when I have someone who wants real hand made jewelry. He makes every thing by hand, even the grape vines and leaves in the picture of the amethyst that I believe was shown earlier.

He does not speak much English, but we always manage to get the idea accross and his kids are VERY sharp!

Wink
----------------

Thanks for this info, Wink. The pendent Bei made for Coldfusion (the aquamarine) is exactly what I'm looking for for a Rhodalite Garnet, Oval shaped stone I have. Would he be able to make another pendant like this? I'm not sure of the measurements of my stone or the carat weight, but can give you a rough measurement idea later after I find my tape measure.

Thanks,
Michelle

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He can make a pendant for you, but you have to ship the stone here, he makes the pendant around the stone and I have no way to communicate to him to make something in one size to be set elsewhere.

I know this sounds almost silly in this high tech age, but he truly makes every thing around the stone and would have a terrible time trying to do it any other way.

Wink

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/5/2004 4:11:19 PM Wink wrote:

He can make a pendant for you, but you have to ship the stone here, he makes the pendant around the stone and I have no way to communicate to him to make something in one size to be set elsewhere.

Wink----------------

I've sent you a PM
1.gif

Thanks!

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Sorry Michelle, Wink beat me to the response. It was all done through Wink, very fast, and very hassle-free i might add!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hey Wink it is good to see you around the traps.

Here is another one of Richard Homer's (I believe but I can't remember where I got it so it may just be an example of concave faceting.) it is a Tashmarine. I love the color. It seems fresh like spring.

Tashmarine3.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 5/8/2004 11:22:39 PM coldfusion wrote:

Sorry Michelle, Wink beat me to the response. It was all done through Wink, very fast, and very hassle-free i might add!----------------

Thanks Coldfushion, your kind words are appreciated!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beth you are indeed correct. Richard did some cutting for the larger more spectacular pieces when the Tasmarine was introduced. The man is clearly a genius.

Wink

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This was a 7ct round unheated burma sapphire I had recut into a 5.20 concave cut by Richard Homer. I had it bezel set in a Platinum pendent with small diamonds

mjosapphire2.JPG

mjosapphire.JPG

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Nice to see you again. Would you mind sharing what Cap Beasely said about the color grade on your stone when we had the certificate redone?

Wink

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Hello Wink,

Nice to talk to you again. I finally figured out how to get on this site. So has Richard cut any more Round Unheated Burma Sapphires? Most people I talked to thought I was crazy cutting away 2cts of material but I believe the results speak for themselves. The color stayed the same as it was a 4.0 to begin with but the brilliance went from and average of I beleive 60% to 90%. Also the clarity went up a grade since Richard cut alot of the incussions out.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I never saw the original cert, but I thought I remembered Cap telling me on the phone that all aspects of the color had improved save one, and it stayed the same. I am working from memory, that is never a safe thing to do...

I agree with you that the result was well worth the loss of weight, what an extra ordinary stone. I just got an incredible blue oval the other day that I am sending to Cap for Evaluation. very striking color, but not quite equal to yours.

Wink

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the Club Addlepated:

homer3434.JPG

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

These types of stones I have seen with my collectors in pinks and blues that is shown above. Can You plz. let me know how we can see the change in color . In what way ? Do we have to see in morning / afternoon or any specific time.
20.gif

Thanx
cguy

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you go into a room that is lit only with fluorescent lighting or out of doors you will see one color. When you go into a room that is lit only with incandescent lighting you will see another. You may have to shutter some windows during the day if you are in a daylight room, but at night you will clearly see the incandescent colors. I have often found that by waliking from one room to another that you can see an amazing mix of the possible colors as the color temperature changes from room to room.

Wink

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Check out this fantastic citrine cut by Richard Homer. It won the 2004 Gemmy awards and you can sure see why.

Richard Homer Gemmys winner nautilus.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results