shape
carat
color
clarity

"Homer Bound" (Pictures of Gemstones by cutter Richard Homer)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer3.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer4.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer5.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer6.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer7.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't tell me the white oval between two blues is a diamond!? I hope it is a white sapphire... However, has anyone tried concave faceting on diamonds? I was suspecting the 'windows of light' TM cut of the 'cushette' cut might be it, but did not get to clarify it.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/22/2003 5:27:20 PM valeria101 wrote:

Don't tell me the white oval between two blues is a diamond!? I hope it is a white sapphire... However, has anyone tried concave faceting on diamonds? I was suspecting the 'windows of light' TM cut of the 'cushette' cut might be it, but did not get to clarify it.

----------------

Hey Val...It is indeed a Sapphire...

BTW...I am under the impression because of the hardness and cleavage characteristics of a diamond it is impossible to employ concave faceting when cutting diamonds

read.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok it's been a while so here's some more eye candy..Hee..Lol..
wacko.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

18kt-pendant-concave-amethy.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

amethyst-and-emerald.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

deep-purple-amethyst.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

hand-made-pendant-with-flow.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rubyready.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

tanzanite-bezel-set.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really like the engraving on this band...
appl.gif

Trillium-Homer-Sapphire-Engraved-Ring-1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/29/2003 5:20:08 PM Colored Gemstone Nut wrote:

I really like the engraving on this band...----------------

This is one of the more popular models at "jewelryexper". right?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah Val...They also market some of Homer's Stones...
wavey.gif

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
I just picked up this beautiful pendant from Wink.

aquapendant.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 12/17/2003 8:34:39 PM coldfusion wrote:

I just picked up this beautiful pendant from Wink.
----------------

Very Nice Coldfusion,

Homer does beautiful work..Your pendant is astounding

wavey.gif

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

Wink used the 7.65ct Aqua that you have posted in the Aqua thread, it somehow looks like it has many more facets when set in the pendant). I can't wait to see what it looks like in person...it's in the mail.

I'm a big fan of Mr. Homer myself. It's one thing to have the talent to cut like that, it's another to be a pioneer of the technique.

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Color is absolutely incredible...

sapphire-264.jpg

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Good color for such a large stone.

sapphire-427.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Been a while so I thought I would add a photo of the sapphires from Madagascar Richard cut for me.
21.gif

finalhomerjosh222.jpg

wallace

Shiny_Rock
THanks for the page devoted to RH - like a little shrine to perfection! I think I actually stopped breathing when I found his site! I will try to add a few pictures, too... Amazing!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 11/22/2003 5:27:20 PM valeria101 wrote:

Don't tell me the white oval between two blues is a diamond!? I hope it is a white sapphire... .
----------------

I believe it is either the CZ or the moissanite that I had Richard cut, I forget which one. So far there has been no concave faceting of diamonds and there may or may not be because of the cleavage planes.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Josh, you have been a busy beaver! I have a few photos that you haven't posted yet, hehehe! I am going to be posting a bunch of his stones revolving like the one that Leonid posted for me on the colored stone thread "Testing New Cool Stuff" or something along those lines.

Richard and I are working on some killer projects and I should have even more photos for you to bring to Pricescope soon.

Funny story about the enclosed photo with credit for the stones to Schorr Marketing. Richard called me one day and asked me to ship a bunch of his stones that I owned to Robert Weldon, the famous gemstone photographer. I sent him six stones that I own plus the three that I had on memo from Richard.

A month or two later I am walking down the hall at the Tucson Gem Show and I see this huge photo on a wall board with appropriate credits to Richard, Robert Weldon and to Dan Schorr for the stones. About twenty minutes later I hook up with Richard and a few minutes after that he introduced me to Robert Weldon.

Naturally I start giving Robert grief for giving Dana all the credit when he was representing Richard on three stones and I actually owned the other six. Robert was a little embarrassed, but it was much too late to change anything so I made him a deal that if he would give me a copy of the negative I would forgive him. (As if I really cared, I don't do much wholesale and Dana does so it was much better for Dana and for Richard that Dana get the credit.)

Robert sent me a couple of copies and I had eight by ten copies made for each of the six clients who bought one of those stones and gave them to them for Christmas that year. I made a big poster size version that still hangs on my wall in my office. Robert became one of my new friends and we still chat from time to time when he has time. You get to meet a lot of really great people in this wonderful business!

Wink

weldon photo.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Wink...

Gosh, I'd love to see what Richard could do with a larger Pad sapphire.

Can you imagine???!!!

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results