shape
carat
color
clarity

"Homer Bound" (Pictures of Gemstones by cutter Richard Homer)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following will be sort of a collection (A picture book) of Gemstones cut by Richard. If anyone finds the time to source more please add them...

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

pinktourmalinerichardhomer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

antique cushion 1_55ctssapphire.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rubellite-tourmalinehomer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

orange-concave-brilliant-cihomer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

redspinel054ct.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

eye_of_the-idolhomer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

cornucopiahomercitrine.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

spessartite-570homer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

aqua-antique-cushionhomer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

sq cush moissanitehomer.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

zircon recuthomer.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This object WWW is in a completely diferent price range and it is hard to guess in what rarefied circles this cutter dwels looking at the rather modest objects on his default site!

By the way, have you ever seen a cut chart for these?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/4/2003 1:57:38 AM valeria101 wrote:

This object WWW is in a completely diferent price range and it is hard to guess in what rarefied circles this cutter dwels looking at the rather modest objects on his default site!

By the way, have you ever seen a cut chart for these?
----------------

Hi Val,

I have not seen any cut charts for this cutting style. The price range is because of the high demand of Paraiba tourmaline and in this size and trasparency is what no doubt brings the high premium of being a rare collector gem.

I have seen several concave cuts by Richard in the same shape, but the concave faceting seemed to be more even and symmetrical. I imagine the cutter might have either added concave faceting differently in certain areas to help mask some of the moderate inclusions or may have done this stone differently to bring out more depth in the color..

If it was originally a native cut stone the original owner might have wanted to preserve as much as the original weight vs. more symmetrical cutting..

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/4/2003 2:12:51 AM *Colored Gemstone Nut* wrote: I have seen several concave cuts by Richard in the same shape, but the concave faceting seemed to be more even and symmetrical.----------------

Right... the cut is not his greatest (so this is why I haven't posted a pic, but a link
2.gif
) and maybe not in line with the precision cuts you have lined up. However, it seems that not too many cutters get to touch such material, so, this was my point. For once, there are so many more things to consider cutting a priceless carat off than turning up the perfect cut in a disposable Blue Topa... I was curious if you'd know about more examples of major gems (wether the Paraiba in question qualifies or not is a matter of debate, I guess) cut by RH.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/4/2003 2:38:27 AM valeria101 wrote:

----------------
On 11/4/2003 2:12:51 AM *Colored Gemstone Nut* wrote:

I have seen several concave cuts by Richard in the same shape, but the concave faceting seemed to be more even and symmetrical.----------------

Right... the cut is not his greatest (so this is why I haven't posted a pic, but a link
2.gif
) and maybe not in line with the precision cuts you have lined up. However, it seems that not too many cutters get to touch such material, so, this was my point. For once, there are so many more things to consider cutting a priceless carat off than turning up the perfect cut in a disposable Blue Topa... I was curious if you'd know about more examples of major gems (wether the Paraiba in question qualifies or not is a matter of debate, I guess) cut by RH.
----------------

It's funny you mention blue topaz and examples of major gems. I have just the something for you...

This gem is known as the Adiel Topaz that Richard Homer cut. The stone weighed 20,769cts and was the second largest faceted stone in the world at one point in time and took a year to cut. /idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif

homerexample.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like it is time for you to update that not-writen-yet gem encyclopedia!
2.gif
By the way is that HUGE 'Bahia' citrine the largest now? Just in case I need the perfectly correct ref next time
1.gif

However, I don't doubt that wasting one more ct of that blue thing was much less of a constraint than getting a top ruby or emerald from 2.01 to 1.9 cts and into a different price realm, for the sake of concave faceting. I am usually offered the choice wether I want to cross that line for the sake of the cut even for lesser items! Ok, enough is enough...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RC.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RC1.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RC2.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A little more eye-candy...Nice photos Val...
rodent.gif

homebound1.JPG

Zyperiris

Rough_Rock
I have found a setting for a ring I would like to wear on my right hand..I have some time..But I am very intersted in these cuts by Richard Homer..How do you get one? I would like to see pictures and ect..How pricey might they be? I am looking for something about a carat..What I would really like is a yellow diamond..heh. But I cannot afford something that pricey yet...I am open to ideas??Anybody?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are a couple people I know of who offer his stones and services...

One who did a write up on colored stones for this forum is Wink Jones at Winfield's...

Email for a qoute and I am sure He would be more than happy to help you...

Ohh Yeah...Tell him the Pricescope crowd sent you...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow sapphire? A thread on DT discussed the same Q. If you run a search for 'Richard Homer' on professionaljeweler.com mag. you will find a detailed answer too. Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow those are amazing! I love the 2nd one and the aqua with the closeup...very amazing...I love how the inside looks like 'shards'...beautiful!!

Zyperiris

Rough_Rock
I am working with Wink for a Richard Homer stone..What I really need, if someone has a stone of his..please send a picture..maybe on your hand or something.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/6/2003 11:16:10 PM Zyperiris wrote:

I am working with Wink for a Richard Homer stone..What I really need, if someone has a stone of his..please send a picture..maybe on your hand or something.
----------------

The following are some pictures I found on the web of completed rings with Richard Homer's work...

Wow!

Did you get your ring worked out with Wink?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer1.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rhomer2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results