shape
carat
color
clarity

Hmmmm....What''s This?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
Maybe you will get it back early....
31.gif

I love your set, and it seems like only yesterday it was a little one..it has grown up so fast....hahaaaa
3.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Mara!!

When will you and Al arrive, and what day do you want to get together for drinks or appetizers or something??? Can''t wait to see you guys!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Annie...we get there on Thurs and were thinking maybe drinks/dinner on Friday?? Or if you are free on Friday...come with us to WF! I am hoping that Renee can be the information sharer since she has everyone''s emails and all that? Let me know if that works and I will ask her!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
....just because I don''t feel like searching through 12 pages of this thread,
9.gif
Mara, how long will it take them to set your stone?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy....i will see the head when we go down there and hopefully approve it and then they said they could have it done for me MAYBE before we even come back (aka i won''t have to be without it) OR it will take a few more days so i''d have it by May 12, our 2 year anniversary. either one works for me but i don''t mind being without my rings for a few days because it totally makes me appreciate them more when i get them back!!

so 4 more days for you and 10 more for me! we''re timing this quite well for eye-candy...hahaha!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it. That''s great that you might be able to leave with it!! Either way, you''ll have it for your anniversary, so awesome!!!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m jealous that you''ll only be without your ring for just a few days AT MOST. Green, I am!!!
21.gif
These last couple months of ringlessness have been a real test of willpower. (ok, I do have my original e-ring which I love dearly, but I miss my BLING!)

So looking forward to seeing what WF has done for you! Your rings are already gorgeous (they''ve become a classic here on PS, I''ve noticed) but they are going to look even more amazing with the new honker! I''m glad you''re getting yours AFTER mine so that I''ll still have something new to look forward to!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 11:27:17 AM
Author: Mara
10 sleeps!!
37.gif

Pebbles, I''m handing over my rings to WF when we get there...part of the plusses of the whole flying to visit is not having to pay to ship my rings and stress out for an extra week. hehee.
So you don''t have to wait the 2 weeks that it takes for your old stone to come back from regrading??? My stone took literally 2 weeks to come back and they couldn''t send my new one out until the old one came back.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I guess not, pebbles...not sure actually what they are planning on doing with my stone. They mentioned having some issues with how long GIA is taking to grade etc...so maybe they will hang onto it for a while and wait or use AGS or ? I also know my friend was interested in buying it without a re-grade but not sure if they will do that. So it''s totally up in the air really.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chanting

Hand Shots! Hand Shots! Hand Shots!

I vote you take pics at WF and upload them right then and there!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
In reference to Pebbles''s question:

When I got my upgrade at WF I didn''t have to wait the 2 weeks because I paid for the amount of the new stone upfront. After the diamond was recertified and checked out, they cut me a refund check.

2 weeks is TERRIBLY hard to be without your ring!
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually, Jelly that is what I am doing too, so that must be why there's no waiting period. That is just what I have always done in the past as well, because they know I always want a fast turnaround, and never figured it was because there was a waiting period otherwise.

Julian, you can bet your sweet patootie there will be lots of pictures and reports back from the trip...it's just a week away now almost, can't wait!!!

I had a really funny dream last nite about it too where Alj and I couldn't connect in the dream, and then we couldn't find WF and it was this whole big thing and I remember thinking 'damn we lost a whole day trying to find each other!!'...heheee.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2006 10:37:04 PM
Annie...we get there on Thurs and were thinking maybe drinks/dinner on Friday?? Or if you are free on Friday...come with us to WF! I am hoping that Renee can be the information sharer since she has everyone''s emails and all that? Let me know if that works and I will ask her!!
Oooh good news!
36.gif
I told Renee last week that I wouldn''t be able to make it... For some reason I thought Thursday was Cinco de Mayo and that was when y''all were getting together... and I thought I had a final exam Friday.... but I was wrong on both counts! Yay! That means I can meet you and Alj! Yay! And I get to see all the other Soon-To-Be''s too! Yay
!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 3:47:21 PM
Author: LizzieC

Date: 4/24/2006 10:37:04 PM
Oooh good news!
36.gif
I told Renee last week that I wouldn''t be able to make it... For some reason I thought Thursday was Cinco de Mayo and that was when y''all were getting together... and I thought I had a final exam Friday.... but I was wrong on both counts! Yay! That means I can meet you and Alj! Yay! And I get to see all the other Soon-To-Be''s too! Yay
!
9.gif
YAY!!! I don''t know who all is coming but it will be great to meet some new gals!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
OMG - how did I miss this thread! I don''t check into SMTR forum because my snail dial up can''t load the pics. But, waiting for the pics of the bald eagle had me on edge!
2.gif
3.gif

I think the size difference is WAY noticeable - BIG difference. Look like a GREAT stone from the pics.

The time is sneaking up on you - next week heh? Exciting times!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 6:16:43 PM
Author: fire&ice
OMG - how did I miss this thread! I don''t check into SMTR forum because my snail dial up can''t load the pics. But, waiting for the pics of the bald eagle had me on edge!
2.gif
3.gif

I think the size difference is WAY noticeable - BIG difference. Look like a GREAT stone from the pics.

The time is sneaking up on you - next week heh? Exciting times!
Hey, you''re missing out!
9.gif
We''ve got to get you on the internet fast-track.
(then maybe we can work on getting those ears pierced!
2.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just
one
more
sleep!!!!!

30.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
AAAAACK!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! I don''t know how you will sleep, but bet you are crazy excited!!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are all waiting with anticipation...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh the time in waiting seems to have flown by. I can''t believe just 1 more sleep (or at least trying to sleep)...yay...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOORAY! I bet there WON''T be any sleep for you Miss Mara! You can have a nap on the journey if you need to!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
One sleep! Whoop!
36.gif
And in two sleeps that giant rock will finally get to meet its new mama!
9.gif

Is there a plan for the Cinco yet? Renee has my e-mail addy and phone #, I think. Can''t wait to meet y''all!

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I wish you have a wonderful trip to WF. Please take lots of pictures with your new Canon. If it''s possible, may you take a pic of your beautiful rock with a 2.068 J/VS2 ? I realy love to know the difference in size. I''m thinking about 2+ carat in J color for my coming up anniversary. I''m a size girl too.

Thank you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes to you and Alj for a wonderful, safe trip! Try not to come home without your new ring - surely they can work fast, huh?

Don''t spare one pic - when in doubt just snap!!!! Earrings (2+ carat), pendants, bracelets, anything they have - ha!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mara, how long are you in Houston for? make sure you take a lot of pics of while you''re there and post them as soon as you come back!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA don''t worry MGR...my camera is all charged up and I am taking my laptop so we can check PS at night (tee hee) and also so I can upload all my pictures each day and start with a blank, fresh memory card. Last time we took TONS of pictures and this time my memory card is about 5x the size, so I am really excited! I just bought a camera case at this local store too to make sure the new Canon is protected while banging around in my bag.

dh, i will see what i can do re pictures, one of my friends wants me to see what they have in the 1.3 range because she and her bf are shopping, so i will be taking pictures for her too!

i''m so excited to try on the 5c...woo hoo. maybe if i pop out just boy children in rapid succession by year 10, i can work my way into that next? AS IF.
11.gif

it''s been so long waiting for this trip, it''s hard to believe it''s finally here! i''m so excited to see alj again and the team at WF, eat lots of yummi food, see the Houston gals, etc! OH and of course the fabulous bling and my new bauble and head and all that fun stuff too. woo hoo.

oh and lizzie, i think renee is going to email something out today, so stay tuned!
5.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

While you''re there will you ask WF to carry more ideal cut K+(and lower) stones in their expert selection!

Have a great time!!!!!!! I''m so jealous and wish I could be there too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
JELLY you know it girl. i am all over those K stones as well....when we were there last time i waxed poetic about the charm of K stones and how the public would just love them etc etc (aka read the public as MARA) and then eventually a few showed up and sold so hopefully that was positive. so maybe by doing the same thing this time around we'll get lucky, huh gal?? well actually you already got lucky with your fabulous K!! hehehee. i am thinking about a pendant maybe at end of this year, a larger solitaire so i'd love to have a well-cut K stone for sure as it would be more cost-effective. we'll see!!

carebear...we're there through the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results