shape
carat
color
clarity

High end crossbody handbag recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @luv2sparkle - Here are the photos!

It’s truly a cream, as you can see with it next to my white shorts.
62514173-67C2-4C7D-9507-231AF77D15C4.jpeg

Inside I had a zippy wallet, Sarah multicartes, reading glasses, and in the back section I could fit my phone and passport/checkbook.
C0C47544-F6BB-4CB2-81AF-19B89ADC826A.jpeg

In the back zippered pocket I had a pill holder, toothpicks, small tube of lotion, purse hanging hook, chapstick, and lipgloss.
736FA181-9FED-4E08-9CAD-8B5ECFE6DDBD.jpeg

Front view. Strap has seven holes, so very adjustable for how short or long you’d like it.
5B702483-9768-460E-87DF-31A48FD94D6E.jpeg

Side view, where you can see there are no feet on the bottom (only negative I can find with this bag).
CFDE3001-CB89-4028-85BD-2A51231E04B2.jpeg

GORGEOUS.:love: It's a wow bag and a wow color IMO because it's fresh and cool. LOVE. :love: It's a perfect crossbody, fits everything you need and it looks amazing on you.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
catchanel.jpg.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see what you're getting, @missy! I was with m2b when she bought her first Chanel medium classic, and it truly is my favorite purse in the world. However, it doesn't actually tempt me because it is WAY above my max price level for a purse, not to mention I just don't dress to hardly ever use one! But they are my top love in unattainable purses! :lol:

I think that LV purse is gorgeous and I love the imprinted leather the most of all LV purses. But I use a smaller size than that one on a daily basis. I'd consider those if they had a smaller model.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Open open open

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
oh, I love a good Chanel reveal:appl: Come on, Missy- show us what you got;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, please do not expect too much as it is just a very thin, very simple crossbody from Chanel. I think you might be imagining it to be more beautiful than it is. I wanted something very lightweight (for comfort) and small and easy but not sure what it will look like IRL so really do not know what to expect and I may very well be disappointed. It should be arriving today or tomorrow but we are leaving tomorrow morning to go to the beach so if it doesn't come before we leave tomorrow AM I will share pics when I get back here next week and receive it.

And I am still searching for another crossbody. So I am not done. :sun:

In the meantime please continue to share more of your delicious crossbody bags.:love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I am still searching for another crossbody. So I am not done. :sun:

In the meantime please continue to share more of your delicious crossbody bags.:love:

Could you give us the approximate dimensions you’re looking for? Or a “no larger than” measurement? And is an open inside okay or do you want it to have divided sections?

I think we’re now on a mission with you :lol:

(Btw, still loving mine. I highly recommend you go check it out!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you give us the approximate dimensions you’re looking for? Or a “no larger than” measurement? And is an open inside okay or do you want it to have divided sections?

I think we’re now on a mission with you :lol:

(Btw, still loving mine. I highly recommend you go check it out!)

Ooh I am tempted! Your new bag is gorgeous @ILikeShiny !:love:

Dimensions- I am flexible. Must fit my iPhone plus so at least 7 by 4 inches plus I want to fit my lipgloss and keys and a few tissues (I get nosebleeds spontaneously and without warning lol sorry for TMI) and bonus if I can fit readers and/or sunglasses too. Not a deal breaker however. So I would say ideal dimensions minimally 6.5 by 8.5 but a little bigger is good too.

OK I promised pics and the bag did arrive late last night but I did not have time to take proper photos so for now hope these will do. And I will also share pics of my Prada that my dh is adding links to for me to make it a cross body.

Chanel crossbody which happens to be 6.5 by 8.5 inches. One zipper compartment inside for lipgloss and keys.

chanelcrossbody.jpg

chanel-vintage-lambskin-leather-cross-body-bag-22734984-3-0.jpg

and my Prada that Greg will retro fit into a crossbody.

prada.jpg

prada.jpeg

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting for you girls...yet that is.:whistle::halo:
Still looking so please keep your wonderful ideas coming and please keep sharing your beautiful bags. :love:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh I am tempted! Your new bag is gorgeous @ILikeShiny !:love:

Dimensions- I am flexible. Must fit my iPhone plus so at least 7 by 4 inches plus I want to fit my lipgloss and keys and a few tissues (I get nosebleeds spontaneously and without warning lol sorry for TMI) and bonus if I can fit readers and/or sunglasses too. Not a deal breaker however. So I would say ideal dimensions minimally 6.5 by 8.5 but a little bigger is good too.

OK I promised pics and the bag did arrive late last night but I did not have time to take proper photos so for now hope these will do. And I will also share pics of my Prada that my dh is adding links to for me to make it a cross body.

Chanel crossbody which happens to be 6.5 by 8.5 inches. One zipper compartment inside for lipgloss and keys.

chanelcrossbody.jpg

chanel-vintage-lambskin-leather-cross-body-bag-22734984-3-0.jpg

and my Prada that Greg will retro fit into a crossbody.

prada.jpg

prada.jpeg

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting for you girls...yet that is.:whistle::halo:
Still looking so please keep your wonderful ideas coming and please keep sharing your beautiful bags. :love:

Great looking bags Missy! Have a look at this website for replacement straps for your Prada. I bought a couple of chain straps from them to replace really ugly handles on one of my SW bags. It looks like you can get all different colours to match various designer bags.

http://www.mautto.com/category/custom-straps

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great looking bags Missy! Have a look at this website for replacement straps for your Prada. I bought a couple of chain straps from them to replace really ugly handles on one of my SW bags. It looks like you can get all different colours to match various designer bags.

http://www.mautto.com/category/custom-straps

Thank you @Poodles4me! Great minds because last night I ordered a chain from this website to retrofit my Prada. I plan on splitting the chain in half and attaching it at both ends of the bag making the strap about 41 inches total to lay where I want it to lay.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more LV to look at, all smaller than mine:

(Really like this size for you given what you said, and it’s a crossbody too)
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/pochette-felicie-monogram-empreinte-nvprod390058v

(Very cute and can easily become a nice hand-carry bag for a date night)
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/pont-neuf-mini-monogram-empreinte-012823#M43218

(Good size but not sure if you like Epi)
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/clery-epi-nvprod370046v#M54537

If you’re okay with their canvas instead of leather, these might be of interest:
https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/favorite-mm-damier-azur-008054

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/nano-speedy-monogram-010575

P

PierreBear

Just curious... for those lucky ladies who have a Chanel purse. Was it really hard to find?! I was just casually at the store to look and learn (and hopefully not fall in love with) and eventually came to the conclusion that it's so exclusive because each store only gets a handful of the bags a season. You have to essentially be a on waiting list and then be ready to jump on it and pull the trigger?

Also, what is the age range appropriate to carry a Chanel purse? It is a rather sophisticated brand and wonder if it looks out of place for someone in their 20s versus 30s versus 40s and so forth.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious... for those lucky ladies who have a Chanel purse. Was it really hard to find?! I was just casually at the store to look and learn (and hopefully not fall in love with) and eventually came to the conclusion that it's so exclusive because each store only gets a handful of the bags a season. You have to essentially be a on waiting list and then be ready to jump on it and pull the trigger?

Also, what is the age range appropriate to carry a Chanel purse? It is a rather sophisticated brand and wonder if it looks out of place for someone in their 20s versus 30s versus 40s and so forth.

I’ll answer the age question @PierreBear imo Chanel is timeless and suitable for any smart sophisticated woman. You can rock it girl I promise. If you love what you get. Come visit me here. Plenty of Chanel to go around. :twisted2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice Missy...small but with a nice wide sling so it doesnt dig into your shoulder. Hopefully its lightweight too. Lightweight and wide
sling are two of my requirements. I stay away from metal embellishments...weighs you down. I also like outside pockets for phone and receipts
but that usually increases the size of the bag. I pretty much only use crossbody bags because I'm afraid I'll sit a regular bag down and walk off
without it. I'm easily distracted:lol:.

You need to model it for us when you find time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice Missy...small but with a nice wide sling so it doesnt dig into your shoulder. Hopefully its lightweight too. Lightweight and wide
sling are two of my requirements. I stay away from metal embellishments...weighs you down. I also like outside pockets for phone and receipts
but that usually increases the size of the bag. I pretty much only use crossbody bags because I'm afraid I'll sit a regular bag down and walk off
without it. I'm easily distracted:lol:.

You need to model it for us when you find time!

I’m with you @tyty333
I like them light and not bulky but prefer a few compartments so there’s always compromise. There’s one zipper compartment in this bag. OK so took a few quick pics before we left and sharing them while in car so I am not sure how they came out as I’m on the phone and my vision isn’t great on the phone. Hopefully it’ll give you an idea. Very comfortable and fits my iPhone 6s Plus and my lip gloss and keys.

1DAA6FEE-DAEB-4605-AF39-EA0E598EA1B8.jpeg ED0A5A67-0F33-4042-98A1-707CDCCE0AE0.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cute! You are such a cutie that no matter what you purchased it would look great on you!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy!!! I adore Liebeskind Berlin, it's some of the highest quality leather I've found even compared to other high end designers (the leather is out of this world supple and beautiful). I think there is something about the European leather goods.... I often find great deals on 6pm.com or nordstromrack.com
I love getting a gorgeous high and item for a steal. I buy all my Born boots from 6pm.com as well :) I recently bought a pair of Liebeskind Lambskin leather pants that retail for $600 for around $130 at Nordstromrack.com I love love love them.

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m with you @tyty333
I like them light and not bulky but prefer a few compartments so there’s always compromise. There’s one zipper compartment in this bag. OK so took a few quick pics before we left and sharing them while in car so I am not sure how they came out as I’m on the phone and my vision isn’t great on the phone. Hopefully it’ll give you an idea. Very comfortable and fits my iPhone 6s Plus and my lip gloss and keys.

1DAA6FEE-DAEB-4605-AF39-EA0E598EA1B8.jpeg ED0A5A67-0F33-4042-98A1-707CDCCE0AE0.jpeg
This is super cute!!! What an adorable pic!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought the Pochette Metis in the empriente noir! Trying to hold off using it until summer is over. Also purchased a key ouch in the monogram to store my lip glosses in and a two pen holder from leatherology. Must protect the inside of this bag. I have never even thought about the before....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
26E47CEB-D2DF-4355-B953-3C0633E1F39A.jpeg I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had my eye on a ring, and that I realistically thought I should not do both. When we were in AZ for the birth of grandbaby #2, I went to the LV store in Tucson. The people there were completely lovely and I looked at both the Babylon B.B. and the pochette metis. I could not decide if I wanted the marine rouge or the noir, so I left with nothing. When scouring eBay I found a auction for a Babylon B.B., which I won. It came with all the tickets and the original receipts and at about 1K less than retail I thought I would love it. I didn’t, and sent it back for a refund. I headed back to a CA Boutique where I just went for the Noir. Afterwards, hubby and I went to dinner where he surprised me with the ring I wanted as well-anniversary/retirement gift to me. Here is the photo. It is really hard to take a photo of your hand by yourself.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@luv2sparkle Wow! How awesome to get both!!! Love your purse and we need better pictures of your ring, too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6C5CEB86-05D3-4DDA-9FE6-00158728DF0C.jpeg F10A9573-14E7-4430-89FF-2C9D64400062.jpeg Here are a couple of the ring. Please excuse my scraggly manicure. It is super hot out and this ring is so wide it is a little snug on my finger today. I may either have to size it up a half size or wear it when the weather is cooler. It is 1.89 tcw. 221 stones.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Missy!!! I adore Liebeskind Berlin, it's some of the highest quality leather I've found even compared to other high end designers (the leather is out of this world supple and beautiful). I think there is something about the European leather goods.... I often find great deals on 6pm.com or nordstromrack.com
I love getting a gorgeous high and item for a steal. I buy all my Born boots from 6pm.com as well :) I recently bought a pair of Liebeskind Lambskin leather pants that retail for $600 for around $130 at Nordstromrack.com I love love love them.
YES! Liebeskind is a damn good brand.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think I have a girl crush on you. You ALWAYS look so lovely & kind faced!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is awesome to know! Thank you! I do value high quality, but I don't care so much about paying for a brand name. Plus, if @ame likes it, it must be good! :appl:

Reactions: ame

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 6.56.49 PM.png liebeskind aurora close up.jpeg
This is awesome to know! Thank you! I do value high quality, but I don't care so much about paying for a brand name. Plus, if @ame likes it, it must be good! :appl:

Totally agree diamondzeeker2006...paying so much money for brand name takes the fun out of it lol.These are the 2 most recent bags I've picked up. this is the Liebeskind Aurora, I take the long crossbody strap off completely bc the attached shoulder strap is sooo comfy and soft. It's the softest most supple leather I've ever owned and such great style....I bought 2 of these in black because I never want to run out, and one in a medium taupey brown...it may be overkill but this bag is so comfy and has a removable strap for crossbody that is adjustable. I got it for $120 0r $130 off 6pm.com, at the same I tiem I bought this amazon sold the same bag for around $400! The trick is that I put things I like in my bag and check back maybe once a day, a few times a week the prices drop really low for like 12-24 hrs and that's when I snag them! Also, when I've compared other high end bags side by side, the quality and suppleness of the Liebeskind leather is just in another universe. I still have other bags bc I get them for cute styles etc...but I adore Liebeskind the best Lieberskind Aurora.jpeg

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
YES! Liebeskind is a damn good brand.
Lol damn good is right haha. I think they just don't market much in the US...mostly just in Europe...I hadn't even heard of them till maybe a year ago.

Reactions: ame
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results