shape
carat
color
clarity

High end crossbody handbag recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, I probably won't spend that much again. I would much rather have jewelry! And it's one thing my husband and I agree on - jewelry is a better deal than a handbag, lol!

I 100% agree! That's why the price range of Tory Burch, MK, Coach, D&B, etc. work well for me. The purses are good quality and last until I am tired of them and want something new anyway. I am the same with clothes. I see jewelry as heirlooms, and I'd much rather put money towards that.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, I probably won't spend that much again. I would much rather have jewelry! And it's one thing my husband and I agree on - jewelry is a better deal than a handbag, lol!
AND it takes up less space! :P2

I don't have a lot but I've collected a few LV bags over the years, most of which never sees the light of day. I was actually thinking I should sell those to fund more bling ;)2

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AND it takes up less space! :P2

I don't have a lot but I've collected a few LV bags over the years, most of which never sees the light of day. I was actually thinking I should sell those to fund more bling ;)2
That’s what I do. I only buy gently used and never full retail. The one and only time I think I did was when my husband decided to buy me a bag in Boston.
I tend to rotate my bags and sell off what I don’t use. I either sell on eBay or to a consignment shop.
It works out bc usually designer bags sell for pretty much what I paid for them and sometimes even for more. I’ve even sold some bags to my relatives.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180511_170440.jpg
I really like my Burberry. Not sure if it qualifies as high-end. But I liked the color and the check on the shoulder strap. The crossbody strap is the same color as the purse. It's smaller, so it forces me to pare down to the essentials.

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the LV store to see the Pochette Metis in person. While I really liked it, it does have one potential issue. The sales girl had me put my LV zippy wallet in the front compartment of the bag. I would have thought it would be better in the center compartment which is larger. It is because the bag does not want to latch properly unless there is something solid for the clasp to push against. Without something substantial in the front pocket, the bag wouldn't close. My zippy wallet was a tight fit. Just a FYI for the ladies who are considering it.

I REALLY loved the Babylon BB bag. It has a zip top and a wonderful feel. I am just not sure I can get myself to pay that much for a bag.

Last edited:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I love my Chanel Half Moon Wallet on a Chain- a bit larger than their other wallets on a chain, so I can fit a phone, keys, credit cards, and one pair of glasses in it. Unfortunately, I think they stopped making it, so you would have to find a vintage one. But it is lightweight and classic. I also recently bought an LV Saint Michelle which is a really nice CB- but you would need to like pink as it has a pink leather flap on it. I spent several days last Fall combing Las Vegas for the "perfect" cross body bag. Went to numerous high end shops and just couldn't find one that made my heart sing. I ended up with the LV Saint Michelle as I'm a bit of a pink fanatic (as you can probably tell)-lol. The perfect cross body was hard to find as I didn't want it too heavy, or too thick, or too big, or too small. Some straps were also too short-lol. The list went on. As much as I wanted another Chanel I just couldn't find one that I liked enough to justify their price.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
here are a couple of photos of the Chanel Half Moon WOC a2f30ed6702e42bb4885425703c0ae56.jpg
chn120731g__2_1.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay @missy, I owe you a thanks! I told DH about this thread and how having a crossbody bag could come in handy for longer outings and I woke up this morning to a Mothers Day present of the LV Pochette Metis! :shock::dance:

So THANKS!!!!!
Congrats! That's literally my dream, dropping hints where DH actually listens and surprises me with exactly what I want. So far no such luck :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay @missy, I owe you a thanks! I told DH about this thread and how having a crossbody bag could come in handy for longer outings and I woke up this morning to a Mothers Day present of the LV Pochette Metis! :shock::dance:

So THANKS!!!!!

yetanotherdancyguy.gif
Thank you for sharing with us and Happy Mother's Day!!!
Cute%20flowers.gif

by the way-

457492dro0rb016c.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love my Chanel Half Moon Wallet on a Chain- a bit larger than their other wallets on a chain, so I can fit a phone, keys, credit cards, and one pair of glasses in it. Unfortunately, I think they stopped making it, so you would have to find a vintage one. But it is lightweight and classic. I also recently bought an LV Saint Michelle which is a really nice CB- but you would need to like pink as it has a pink leather flap on it. I spent several days last Fall combing Las Vegas for the "perfect" cross body bag. Went to numerous high end shops and just couldn't find one that made my heart sing. I ended up with the LV Saint Michelle as I'm a bit of a pink fanatic (as you can probably tell)-lol. The perfect cross body was hard to find as I didn't want it too heavy, or too thick, or too big, or too small. Some straps were also too short-lol. The list went on. As much as I wanted another Chanel I just couldn't find one that I liked enough to justify their price.

here are a couple of photos of the Chanel Half Moon WOC a2f30ed6702e42bb4885425703c0ae56.jpg
chn120731g__2_1.jpg

@pinkjewel thank you-I love this bag and it sounds perfect. Will search for a vintage Half Moon and see what I find.

I did purchase a very simple Chanel crossbody and will post pics when it arrives. It's 8.5" by 6.5" and simple. Not sure what I will think of it IRL so will be interesting to see what I think when it arrives.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So THANKS!!!!!

Woohoo! Lucky you! Happy Mother's day! What color did you get???

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! That's literally my dream, dropping hints where DH actually listens and surprises me with exactly what I want. So far no such luck :confused2:
Me too, but I’ve learned that my DH doesn’t pick up on hints :lol:. He asked me years ago to tell him when I’d like certain things and he’d keep a list to refer to for when he wanted to get me a gift; it’s not as sexy, but it IS more effective :mrgreen2:. Maybe that would work better for you too?

That being said, all I expected for Mother’s Day was a card and flowers! I truly was gobsmacked.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Lucky you! Happy Mother's day! What color did you get???
Thank you!! He gave me the Empreinte leather in Freesia but said he wants me to decide on the final color. I’m torn though... black is safe and practical, the Freesia is gorgeous and fun, but the Creme is really pulling at my heart strings even though it would get dirty easier. It’s just such a beautiful color and would go with pretty much everything. Ugh... first world problems :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I saw the freesia at the LV store. It is lovely. I felt the same as you. I stood there and thought, ‘I love them all’. Which is probably why I walked out without buying one, even though my DH was encouraging me to get one. Did you fill it and see how it worked for you?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny I saw the freesia at the LV store. It is lovely. I felt the same as you. I stood there and thought, ‘I love them all’. Which is probably why I walked out without buying one, even though my DH was encouraging me to get one. Did you fill it and see how it worked for you?
I did, and it’s perfect for my needs. I usually carry the LV Venus and I transferred all but the little bits (large tube of hand lotion, extra lipsticks that I’ve been too lazy to put back, etc) and it fits perfectly. I also can’t believe how lightweight it feels to me. Much lighter than my Venus.

Aaaaaaand, I decided on the Creme. One look and I was hooked. Perfect all-around color. I’ll take some photos once we get home (we’re out running errands currently).

I know it’ll get dirty easier and also show marks but I’ve decided to see those as memories of times vs blemishes :roll2:. I’ll eventually pick up an Empreinte wallet in Freesia for some “personality”; I like my SLG’s to have the pops of color. Once I have a good base of neutral bags then I’ll start branching out to fun colors and prints for the bags too.

I think I’m really going to enjoy this purse and wouldn’t be surprised it if get it again in another color. It seems to be super functional and still stylish. Let us know if you decided to get one too!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @luv2sparkle - Here are the photos!

It’s truly a cream, as you can see with it next to my white shorts.
62514173-67C2-4C7D-9507-231AF77D15C4.jpeg

Inside I had a zippy wallet, Sarah multicartes, reading glasses, and in the back section I could fit my phone and passport/checkbook.
C0C47544-F6BB-4CB2-81AF-19B89ADC826A.jpeg

In the back zippered pocket I had a pill holder, toothpicks, small tube of lotion, purse hanging hook, chapstick, and lipgloss.
736FA181-9FED-4E08-9CAD-8B5ECFE6DDBD.jpeg

Front view. Strap has seven holes, so very adjustable for how short or long you’d like it.
5B702483-9768-460E-87DF-31A48FD94D6E.jpeg

Side view, where you can see there are no feet on the bottom (only negative I can find with this bag).
CFDE3001-CB89-4028-85BD-2A51231E04B2.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny, it looks beautiful on you! Did the SA tell you to put your wallet in the front too? I really didn't take everything out of my bag to see if it fits. I carry two pairs of glasses-sunglasses and readers. I thought maybe my kindle would fit in the back pocket. Like you, I carry just a couple of odds and ends-a couple pens, my key fob and some gum. I think it would all fit. As I have gotten older I seem to carry less. I rarely bring more than a lip gloss (or a couple) with me. I don't use cases with my glasses and haven't for a long time. They just take up too much room. I don't think the lack of feet would be a problem for me. There are not to many public places that I would set it on the floor. That is what I love about a cross body, even in the restroom I don't need to take it off if there is not a hook on the back of the door. I feel like most public places are pretty dirty. I shiver just thinking about it, lol. I am not really even much of a germaphobe but that is just something I don't do.
I also wouldn't be nuts about the little marks that would get on a handbag. If you can't really use something and are worried about the loss of value, then its not worth having to me. I have seen a lot of You tube videos where people are rabid about their bags being pristine. That is too much stress for me.
I can totally see loving that bag and wanting other colors. I have never paid that much for a bag-at the most $600. I keep thinking I could buy the ring I have been eyeing, or have that bag. At this stage of my life (two months from DH retirement and no more overtime), realistically I could pick one, but not both at the same time. First world problems, right? Everyone has their own conundrums.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny, it looks beautiful on you! Did the SA tell you to put your wallet in the front too? I really didn't take everything out of my bag to see if it fits. I carry two pairs of glasses-sunglasses and readers. I thought maybe my kindle would fit in the back pocket. Like you, I carry just a couple of odds and ends-a couple pens, my key fob and some gum. I think it would all fit. As I have gotten older I seem to carry less. I rarely bring more than a lip gloss (or a couple) with me. I don't use cases with my glasses and haven't for a long time. They just take up too much room. I don't think the lack of feet would be a problem for me. There are not to many public places that I would set it on the floor. That is what I love about a cross body, even in the restroom I don't need to take it off if there is not a hook on the back of the door. I feel like most public places are pretty dirty. I shiver just thinking about it, lol. I am not really even much of a germaphobe but that is just something I don't do.
I also wouldn't be nuts about the little marks that would get on a handbag. If you can't really use something and are worried about the loss of value, then its not worth having to me. I have seen a lot of You tube videos where people are rabid about their bags being pristine. That is too much stress for me.
I can totally see loving that bag and wanting other colors. I have never paid that much for a bag-at the most $600. I keep thinking I could buy the ring I have been eyeing, or have that bag. At this stage of my life (two months from DH retirement and no more overtime), realistically I could pick one, but not both at the same time. First world problems, right? Everyone has their own conundrums.
The SA did tell DH that when he bought it! She said it was a common concern so they always bring it up. And she was right - with a wallet there it’s just fine.

I know what you mean about prices - before DH I was strictly a Coach girl. Couldn’t bring myself to spend on more expensive brands. We still joke about how this is fault, since he marched me in to LV one day a couple of years ago and said “choose one” :lol:.

All of your stuff should fit in there just fine. It sounds like we carry roughly the same amount of things. And I carry a purse hook for those occasions when it won’t rest on the back of a chair and needs to be hung up (not this one, but like it - https://etsy.me/2Kk0yMH).

Lastly, I TOTALLY agree about not sweating the marks. I’ll put leather protector on it and will be careful, but if things still happen I’m not going to cry (unless Charlie, the puppy, gets to it like he got to my LV wallet and tore it to shreds... then I might cry (and find Charlie a new home! :twisted:))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ ILikeShiny-Poor Charlie had better be on his best behavior! My daughter has a dog, (Rocco) who is such a love, but at night, he loves to tear stuff apart. As a result, he now sleeps outside in a large kennel. As for a protectant, I would suggest Apple Garde' rain and stain, if you don't already have one you like. I buy it at amazon and have used it on all my bags and shoes and have never had any problems at all. I used it on a super light colored Rebecca Minkoff bag I had, and have since given it to my daughter. She is a mom of a two year old, with another due in a month and she is not careful with her bags. It still looks great! I was a little surprised about that, but it has to be the Apple Garde'.
I hope you love wearing your new LV and take it to Italy with you. You will be the most stylish and beautiful bride ever!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So THANKS!!!!!
WHAT???!!! jealous... straight up. :mrgreen2::lol-2::Up_to_something::tongue:=):mrgreen: We had a very serious family discussion with most party dissolving into tears, and dinner at home. My greatest thrill was watching the Celtics destroy the Cavaliers.
Happy Mother's Day INDEED... WELL DONE, YOUR DH.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHAT???!!! jealous... straight up. :mrgreen2::lol-2::Up_to_something::tongue:=):mrgreen: We had a very serious family discussion with most party dissolving into tears, and dinner at home. My greatest thrill was watching the Celtics destroy the Cavaliers.
Happy Mother's Day INDEED... WELL DONE, YOUR DH.
Omg, I’m so sorry to hear of that disastrous day (except for the Celtics winning... Go Celtics!). If it makes you feel any better, we didn’t even have a family dinner. DH fell asleep, son was too busy listening to music, so I made myself a protein shake and put on a movie :mrgreen2:

(Okay, okay... I admit I cuddled my purse a bit during the movie :lol:)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @luv2sparkle - Here are the photos!

It’s truly a cream, as you can see with it next to my white shorts.
62514173-67C2-4C7D-9507-231AF77D15C4.jpeg

Inside I had a zippy wallet, Sarah multicartes, reading glasses, and in the back section I could fit my phone and passport/checkbook.
C0C47544-F6BB-4CB2-81AF-19B89ADC826A.jpeg

In the back zippered pocket I had a pill holder, toothpicks, small tube of lotion, purse hanging hook, chapstick, and lipgloss.
736FA181-9FED-4E08-9CAD-8B5ECFE6DDBD.jpeg

Front view. Strap has seven holes, so very adjustable for how short or long you’d like it.
5B702483-9768-460E-87DF-31A48FD94D6E.jpeg

Side view, where you can see there are no feet on the bottom (only negative I can find with this bag).
CFDE3001-CB89-4028-85BD-2A51231E04B2.jpeg

UGH. PERFECT ON YOU. AND WORKS WITH ALL THE STUFF YOU CARRY.
Thank you for the pics. That actually shows that it may be too small for me. It is FABULOUS on you. LV is the only bag maker that I actually feel myself salivating over. It's just really beautiful. :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, I’m so sorry to hear of that disastrous day (except for the Celtics winning... Go Celtics!). If it makes you feel any better, we didn’t even have a family dinner. DH fell asleep, son was too busy listening to music, so I made myself a protein shake and put on a movie :mrgreen2:

(Okay, okay... I admit I cuddled my purse a bit during the movie :lol:)
Girl, if I had that bag, I wouldn't care where my husband and kids were. A protein shake and a movie sound like the perfect date.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ ILikeShiny-Poor Charlie had better be on his best behavior! My daughter has a dog, (Rocco) who is such a love, but at night, he loves to tear stuff apart. As a result, he now sleeps outside in a large kennel. As for a protectant, I would suggest Apple Garde' rain and stain, if you don't already have one you like. I buy it at amazon and have used it on all my bags and shoes and have never had any problems at all. I used it on a super light colored Rebecca Minkoff bag I had, and have since given it to my daughter. She is a mom of a two year old, with another due in a month and she is not careful with her bags. It still looks great! I was a little surprised about that, but it has to be the Apple Garde'.
I hope you love wearing your new LV and take it to Italy with you. You will be the most stylish and beautiful bride ever!

Thank you!!!! I’m so super excited :mrgreen2: And I’ve used the Apple Garde too with great results. Time to buy a new can!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl, if I had that bag, I wouldn't care where my husband and kids were. A protein shake and a movie sound like the perfect date.
And wine. I should mention the wine... :whistle:

I’m having a strong feeling my Venus might be spending a lot of time in my closet...!

(Sorry to hijack the thread Missy... hopefully it’s been a little helpful! :lol:)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny You sound like a girl after my own heart. So please don't be offended if I say, please don't take that gorgeous LV to Italy. :pray: Of course do what makes you happy, but...it's basically white. That will make you a bigger target than your wedding jewelry. I am sure those pick pockets and gypsys know designer when they see it. At least you can easily hide your wedding bling, turn the ring into your hand, tuck the necklace under your shirt. But that gorgeous bag...screams I've got good stuff. Just sayin'. And if it gets stained...sad :(( Please don't tell me. I can't take it. Or...get black and wear the hell out of it.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny You sound like a girl after my own heart. So please don't be offended if I say, please don't take that gorgeous LV to Italy. :pray: Of course do what makes you happy, but...it's basically white. That will make you a bigger target than your wedding jewelry. I am sure those pick pockets and gypsys know designer when they see it. At least you can easily hide your wedding bling, turn the ring into your hand, tuck the necklace under your shirt. But that gorgeous bag...screams I've got good stuff. Just sayin'. And if it gets stained...sad :(( Please don't tell me. I can't take it. Or...get black and wear the hell out of it.
@LLJsmom, we will have to raise a glass together one day and toast to... well, we’ll think of a reason to drink! And I’m taking the purse to Italy, but will only wear it in safer areas and promise to be very very careful, although a small wine stain would probably always make me smile =)2. When I’m in the shadier areas you ladies have kindly pointed out, I’ll be wearing my theft-resistant crossbody.

Btw, I think you should go buy one for yourself one on behalf of your DH ;)2

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, we will have to raise a glass together one day and toast to... well, we’ll think of a reason to drink! And I’m taking the purse to Italy, but will only wear it in safer areas and promise to be very very careful, although a small wine stain would probably always make me smile =)2. When I’m in the shadier areas you ladies have kindly pointed out, I’ll be wearing my theft-resistant crossbody.

Btw, I think you should go buy one for yourself one on behalf of your DH ;)2

Ok, ILS, be safe and have the time of your life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results