Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

High color center stone - halo or no halo

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
I recently upgraded my 2ct to a 3.5ct but tweaked the 4(5) C's and ended up with an "I" color stone.
I know many people love their high color stones which influenced me to consider them and others are sensitive to the color for reasons like I'm describing in this post.

I love my new diamond. Yes in certain lighting situations I see the tint but in most situations it is not discernable. It's such a gorgeous stone and such a great size for me that I want to keep it. As far as returning it for a better color, I'm not sure, one day I'm fine and the next doubting again.

Any advice on how to set a higher color stone? At first I wanted a halo, then thought it's too delicate for me, then I'm back to a halo on a plain shank sandwiched between diamond bands.

Should I avoid setting in a halo with an "I color center stone? I hope owners of high color stones will tell me their experience. As far as I've been able to learn, most melee are F/G color which is a big difference.

I'm also thinking of transitioning to yellow or rose gold with a platinum or white gold head which should not be a problem.

Any advice from ladies who have pondered and conquered these issues?

In jewelry stores I see no issue at all! But, in warmer environments I believe the tint of the center stone will be more pronounced and I can see myself constantly thinking about it.

I wonder that I should even post this question because it's such a personal thing but any opinions will be welcome that might help me decide what to do.

Thanks!
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
22,683
Hi Mrs. T :wavey:

I just wanted to clarify something. I think you might have the terminology a little backwards. We usually refer to "higher"
color stones as D,E,F type colors. Colors like J,K,L...would be considered "lower" colors. This is the way I've always
understood it to be.

I dont think an "I" is all that low. I think if you like halos then it will be plenty white enough to halo. Some people even
like to halo much lower colors to play up the color difference. I have not had a halo so I cant speak from experience.

Here is a halo thread that you can look through. Some of the post tell the color of the main stone so that might help.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-to-halo-before-and-afters.130309/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-to-halo-before-and-afters.130309/[/URL]

Here is a large J in a halo...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4ct-cushion-in-steven-kirsch-halo-setting.165905/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4ct-cushion-in-steven-kirsch-halo-setting.165905/[/URL]

Here is a 3 carat I in a halo
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/[/URL]

Congratulation on your new stone!!! Looking forward to seeing what you finally decide. I know, it's a tough decision!

tyty

Edit ...the other thing I wanted to mention is that usually you mostly see the color from the sides so if that bothers you, I would make sure you put it in a setting with a lovely gallery that helps to hide some of the tint.
 

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
311
Mrs.T|1458654943|4009351 said:
Should I avoid setting in a halo with an "I color center stone? I hope owners of high color stones will tell me their experience. As far as I've been able to learn, most melee are F/G color which is a big difference.
Hi Mrs.T - :wavey: - sounds like a lovely stone - - sorry I'm not one of the " ladies who have pondered and conquered these issues"... :) ...but just a helpful comment/suggestion - - there are plenty of G/H/I or I/J/K parcels of melee out there if you need to have it colour matched. They're readily available and can be easily matched to your stone to avoid colour clash.
If set into a white gold or platinum halo with a yellow gold band, it would come up beautifully.
Here is an example - it's only a 2.50ct ;-) but it should give you an idea of what yours may look light - platinum head/yellow gold band with a matching wedder.

Hope this helps
2_232.jpg
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
tyty333|1458657504|4009376 said:
Hi Mrs. T :wavey:

I just wanted to clarify something. I think you might have the terminology a little backwards. We usually refer to "higher"
color stones as D,E,F type colors. Colors like J,K,L...would be considered "lower" colors. This is the way I've always
understood it to be.

I dont think an "I" is all that low. I think if you like halos then it will be plenty white enough to halo. Some people even
like to halo much lower colors to play up the color difference. I have not had a halo so I cant speak from experience.

Here is a halo thread that you can look through. Some of the post tell the color of the main stone so that might help.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-to-halo-before-and-afters.130309/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-to-halo-before-and-afters.130309/[/URL]

Here is a large J in a halo...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4ct-cushion-in-steven-kirsch-halo-setting.165905/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4ct-cushion-in-steven-kirsch-halo-setting.165905/[/URL]

Here is a 3 carat I in a halo
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/[/URL]

Congratulation on your new stone!!! Looking forward to seeing what you finally decide. I know, it's a tough decision!

tyty

Edit ...the other thing I wanted to mention is that usually you mostly see the color from the sides so if that bothers you, I would make sure you put it in a setting with a lovely gallery that helps to hide some of the tint.
You are right! I always get that mixed up. Low color is higher letter designation :wall: Wish I could change my subject line.

Thanks for the links and support.
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
ADN|1458658551|4009389 said:
Mrs.T|1458654943|4009351 said:
Should I avoid setting in a halo with an "I color center stone? I hope owners of high color stones will tell me their experience. As far as I've been able to learn, most melee are F/G color which is a big difference.
Hi Mrs.T - :wavey: - sounds like a lovely stone - - sorry I'm not one of the " ladies who have pondered and conquered these issues"... :) ...but just a helpful comment/suggestion - - there are plenty of G/H/I or I/J/K parcels of melee out there if you need to have it colour matched. They're readily available and can be easily matched to your stone to avoid colour clash.
If set into a white gold or platinum halo with a yellow gold band, it would come up beautifully.
Here is an example - it's only a 2.50ct ;-) but it should give you an idea of what yours may look light - platinum head/yellow gold band with a matching wedder.

Hope this helps
2_232.jpg
That is so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I never thought of the halo being done in plat or WG. That is a gorgeous set how come it's never popped up in my endless research?

I guess I read that Victor Canera only uses high color F/G melee and I was thinking about getting a quote from him. But if the melee were good "H" color it could work out.

Thanks for taking the time to help out. So appreciate the people here on PS.
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,885
FWIW, I had a 2.43 J set in a halo with G/H melee, and it was fine... I have a 3.33 I now, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I were to halo! :))
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
msop04|1458674584|4009493 said:
FWIW, I had a 2.43 J set in a halo with G/H melee, and it was fine... I have a 3.33 I now, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I were to halo! :))

Msop04: I have always loved your 2.43 J ring. It's a christopher design if my memory serves me. Thanks for posting that example. Did you ever feel like you saw the melee outshine the center stone?

How did you set your new stone if you don't mind my asking? Today I thought a cushion halo like your Christopher design with a plain shank, and then diamond bands stacked front and back for a nice contrast effect. But that's today who knows how I'll be thinking tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

MrsT
 

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
3,883
I colour is still PLENTY white for a halo IMO! I think it would look great if that's what you choose.
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,885
Mrs.T|1458678724|4009532 said:
msop04|1458674584|4009493 said:
FWIW, I had a 2.43 J set in a halo with G/H melee, and it was fine... I have a 3.33 I now, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I were to halo! :))

Msop04: I have always loved your 2.43 J ring. It's a christopher design if my memory serves me. Thanks for posting that example. Did you ever feel like you saw the melee outshine the center stone?

How did you set your new stone if you don't mind my asking? Today I thought a cushion halo like your Christopher design with a plain shank, and then diamond bands stacked front and back for a nice contrast effect. But that's today who knows how I'll be thinking tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

MrsT
Thanks, MrsT! Yes, it is a Christopher Designs. :)) :)) There was a contrast, but not like "yellow vs white" -- more of a larger flash vs smaller twinkles. But smaller facets will always have a different look than the larger ones. :))

Right now, I'm just wearing a generic 6 prong, but I hope to have CVB make a Tiff repro once my setting sells. As you can see, my temp is not nearly as refined as Caysie's would be! ::)
: msop04_solitemp_0.jpg

...and I totally agree with telephone -- I color is very white! I couldn't believe the difference in my J and the new I... and I added a carat, so the tint would def show more if it were yellow! :bigsmile:
 

Lookinagain

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
1,078
I just had a small I colored marquise set in a ring and asked for H/I melee. Not really a halo, but certainly close enough to the center stone that you would notice a color difference and I really do not. If you really want a halo and are afraid with higher color melee, just ask for H/I and I think you will be fine. Of course if the jeweler you choose won't use H/I, that's a different issue.

img_11163.jpg
 

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
837
I have to say straight up that I like the lower colours a lot. When I was hunting for an OEC, I kept coming back to the Ms over and over, and having bought one, I might go even lower next time. So with that in mind, take my comments with a grain of salt.

Victor Canera just set my 2.26 M coloured OEC in an Emilya halo, and while I know OECs are different from MRBs, I have to say that I hardly see any colour differential, and when I do, it's so slight that it doesn't bother me at all. If you're nervous about colour, one advantage of a halo is that it will hide the side view where you're most likely to see it. That said, I have a few thoughts.

Victor suggested single cuts for my halo. I'm not sure if this was guided by the cut, the colour or both. I had decided in advance that I would resist any urge to micromanage and would let him make all the decisions, and he was absolutely right. The single cuts seem to complement rather than highlight the contrast (and with an I, you'll have way less). I tried a Tiffany metro band with it the other day and, while the diamonds aren't whiter than Victor's single cuts, they have a different kind of sparkle that doesn't work nearly as well with the centre stone.

You mentioned a plain shank halo in your post. I debated that issue for a long time--I love plain shank halos, but with a lower coloured centre, I'm not sure. I ended up feeling like if the shank and halo are the same, but a different colour than the centre stone, it works. But if the shank and halo are different from each other and from the centre stone... maybe too much?

I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be gorgeous.
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
jaaron|1458749006|4009852 said:
If you're nervous about colour, one advantage of a halo is that it will hide the side view where you're most likely to see it. That said, I have a few thoughts.

Victor suggested single cuts for my halo. I'm not sure if this was guided by the cut, the colour or both. I had decided in advance that I would resist any urge to micromanage and would let him make all the decisions, and he was absolutely right. The single cuts seem to complement rather than highlight the contrast (and with an I, you'll have way less). I tried a Tiffany metro band with it the other day and, while the diamonds aren't whiter than Victor's single cuts, they have a different kind of sparkle that doesn't work nearly as well with the centre stone.

You mentioned a plain shank halo in your post. I debated that issue for a long time--I love plain shank halos, but with a lower coloured centre, I'm not sure. I ended up feeling like if the shank and halo are the same, but a different colour than the centre stone, it works. But if the shank and halo are different from each other and from the centre stone... maybe too much?

I'm sure whatever you decide, it will be gorgeous.
Lookin:Thanks for sharing your example. Since you used H/I is your center an "I"?
I like the horizontal marquis.

Msop: Your new rock is amazing! Congrats. Great picture. Do you have a special lens to take shots like that?

Jaaron:
Very helpful comment particularly your confidence in Victor and letting him decide. I'd be interested to hear what he would use. If I decide to halo I'm going to certainly get a quote from him. I love his work. If you have a link to your new ring I'd love to read it.

Thank you for the helpful feedback. I really appreciate it. Tomorrow NYC and Bez Ambar. I don't think I can afford what I'd love from that designer. Then the jewelry district. I'm going to try out some of my ideas. Hope they let me take some pictures.

MrsT
 

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
570
I have an I colored stone in a halo and I am pretty sure it has F/G melee. Remember that melee looks totally different than a center stone. They are tiny diamonds that give out way different light/sparkle than a round stone. I personally never notice a color difference as the melee just has a really different look vs. my diamond. If anything, I think the halo masks any tint of the center stone (although I rarely notice a tint in my I stones).

The only thing I want to mention, and I could be totally off base...are you sure you are happy with an I? I hardly would call an I low color (or high color as you put it). :) It is still near colorless and not uncommon for color choice. I just worry that you are self conscious about it from following your threads. I can't remember...what color was your previous diamond? Everyone has their limits...for me I can't go below an I and that is my sweet spot for value and happiness. (I owned a J for a week and couldn't get past the tint and probably the "thought" of a J.) Silly I know, but I hope that isn't how you feel about an I. You have a beautiful diamond and I can't wait to see how you set it, as long as you feel confident it is right for you!!!!

Here is a link to my ring.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/change-of-plans-my-new-erd-ering-or-rhr.201029/
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
Tweeter:
Your ring is gorgeous! You got to keep your ring and buy a new one. How perfect. I must say I love both your styles.
I am so torn over the elegance of a ring with pear sides and that cushion halo! Do you wear a band with the ring with pear sides?

I thought about upgrading to an "H" but the jump in price doesn't feel worth it to me particularly because I had trouble seeing the difference at my WF visit. My only choice with color and cost would be to go down to 2.5ct and after having this on my hand for a week or so I don't think I can do that unless it was in a halo. I don't see color from the side if that makes any sense! It must be all the warm colors in my kitchen where I see the tint the most. I was told to change the lightbulbs and enjoy my ring. My confidence is growing.

Thanks so much for posting the link to your halo ring to help me decide. That is one of the styles I keep going back too. I love the bezel but that might really make the ring too big even for my finger size!
You many not believe this but my 3+ct stone still doesn't look that big on my blocky fingers. I tried on a three band split shank halo yesterday and that looks good on my hand where as stacking can look blocky on me so I need to be careful of shank sizes.

Never thought I'd have such a hard time with this.

Thanks again!
 

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
188
My new ring is an "I" ACA. I've been happily surprised how icy white it is. The ACA bracelet is F/G color and they look perfect together. I'm having a wedding band made right now with G stones that I'll wear with my ring. If you love halos, I wouldn't hesitate putting a halo around it; it will be stunning I'm sure :)

_2550.jpeg
 

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
570
Mrs.T|1458821031|4010292 said:
Tweeter:
Your ring is gorgeous! You got to keep your ring and buy a new one. How perfect. I must say I love both your styles.
I am so torn over the elegance of a ring with pear sides and that cushion halo! Do you wear a band with the ring with pear sides?

I thought about upgrading to an "H" but the jump in price doesn't feel worth it to me particularly because I had trouble seeing the difference at my WF visit. My only choice with color and cost would be to go down to 2.5ct and after having this on my hand for a week or so I don't think I can do that unless it was in a halo. I don't see color from the side if that makes any sense! It must be all the warm colors in my kitchen where I see the tint the most. I was told to change the lightbulbs and enjoy my ring. My confidence is growing.

Thanks so much for posting the link to your halo ring to help me decide. That is one of the styles I keep going back too. I love the bezel but that might really make the ring too big even for my finger size!
You many not believe this but my 3+ct stone still doesn't look that big on my blocky fingers. I tried on a three band split shank halo yesterday and that looks good on my hand where as stacking can look blocky on me so I need to be careful of shank sizes.

Never thought I'd have such a hard time with this.

Thanks again!
No I don't wear a wedding band with my ring with the pear side stones. It just doesn't look right to me but I have seen other PSers do it and it looks good. I am actually going to reset this ring into a solitaire...at least I am 95% sure that is my plan. :lol:

My halo ring is set with bright cut melee and miligrain (Tiffany legacy style), so the halo is 1.7mm so 3.4mm at finger coverage. The other type of halo you usually see would have been 1.4mm (I considered both). Not terribly smaller.

If you want to halo your ring then go for it!!! I am glad you are getting comfortable with your stone. I take my rings off as soon as I get home so I don't have to worry about wall reflections and stuff. Yikes and I have yellow walls in my kitchen so glad I don't wear my rings!!! :o
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
It's remarkable, but I think I want to halo the diamond. I was freaked out how I saw the tint in some jewelry stores but I think I'm going to be o.k. with putting a halo with it.

I love so many rings here on PS. I don't think I'm alone in having such a difficult time with the setting.

I went to Bez Ambar and have ruled that one out. It was uncomfortable.

I love Tweeters ring. I love DJ's ring from way back in 2006 which is a Jack Kelege three stone. I saw some Jack Kelege styles yesterday in person and they are gorgeous but I need to tone it down a little.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a custom designer for me to contact that could make me something along the lines of the rings below? I was thinking David Klass? Maytal? although neither have responded to my emails.

I like the vintage style and split shank rings. The vintage would be stand alone but able to handle a band too. The split shank is a challenge to have a wedding band with it. A triple split shank would be stand alone.

dj_from_2006.jpg

_36900.jpg

4-63ct-rhodolite-garnet.jpg

_36901.jpg
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
Tweeters ring that I love! Hope it's ok to post. I wish they would allow PM's on this site.

My only reservation with this style is it seems it might look best with thin eternity band/s and I'm not comfortable with delicate bands. I wonder if a 10pt eternity would be too much to match up with this.

If anyone is reading, what kind of band is appropriate? Shared prong, pave set, channel antique? I need to know all these things before I settle on any one design.

twtr_from_ps_.jpg
 

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
570
Hi! Glad you like my ring!! What is your budget? Victor Canera in LA or Steven Kirsch in NY both do hand forged and would be on my short list. They both specialize in pave settings. Otherwise BE who did my ring would be another good vendor. They do both CAD and hand forged. CAD will be cheaper but they do a nice job. I am not sure on your wedding band question as I have never owned one!!! Hopefully the experts can chime in.
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
I'm absolutely sure I want to halo my center stone.

I have had such a hard time making a decision. I'm going to have the following ring priced out with some changes. I must admit I'm questioning my decision since it is reminiscent of my old setting :confused: I may not pave the side stones to draw attention to the center halo. I'm also unsure of proportioning. I was thinking .40 traps maybe .30, 1.5 pt for halo but will heed designers suggestions on that.

My second choice is a split shank cushion setting like tweeter but I might make the split longer and wider. I tried on one of these by Michael M with larger accent stones and it had the impact I'm seeking. Keep in mind I wouldn't double halo this ring. Also, that ring doesn't have the vintage style but more prong set. I love both ways. geesh.
I should have inquired about the size of the melee on that ring. That is exactly the size I find works best with my hands.
Anyone think they know what size they might be? I thought 2-3 points on the shank.

I would welcome opinions. I don't want anything too delicate. Blingy but not over the top - elegant bling I think.

img_0582__1_.jpg

img_0584__5_.jpg

fullsizerender__6_4.jpg

dblauren_.jpg
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,722
I would consider contacting Victor Canera on his thoughts for a halo for your stone. He has a good eye for proportions and I'm sure he could make some recommendations. I'm not so sure about a halo and haloed side stones for a stone of that size as it's still possible for the stone to get swallowed up by a heavy mounting with too many elements going on.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,283
I wouldn't do a triple halo either unless the desire is very major bling. You bought a beautiful large new stone and I think a simple Emilya would be classy and gorgeous. MANY people here have put I and J color center stones in halos, so that is not an issue. You don't have to match the halo stones to the same color because as someone has already said, tiny melee stones just look like bright white sparkles no matter what color they are!

Look how pretty an Emilya is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHHmItU5zQ

But he can certainly halo your center and add side stones.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
56,283
Just reread and saw your other question! I love the cushion halos with split shanks like msop's and tweeter's! That is something Victor does really well and I would personally love that. I love his Anne Marie halo which can be made with a round in the cushion halo.

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/the-anne-marie-split-shank-halo

There are no absolutes about bands. I often like the matching wedding band to those pave settings, but as long as you wear a spacer band, you can wear a 10 point shared prong band with it. I think that's about as large as would look good. Victor can make those as well, but I would advise getting the e-ring first and then making a trip to Tiffany, because they carry great shared prong bands and you can better gauge the size you like best with your ring. I'd recommend trying on the bands with the stones just on the top because it is easier to figure out the size of those stones. Of course, you can always buy a Tiffany band, if you wish!
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
Thanks for the replies!

I hope to be discussing these ideas with VC. Maybe discussing the size outcome with a trilogy halo will help me make this decision.

I've seen visuals but in reality not sure. It could be over the top. Still, my 3.5ct doesn't look that big on my hand.

I wish I had some confidence in what I'm doing. Anyway, appreciate the help here for sure.

MrsT
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,722
Do you have a temporary ring holder to put the diamond in so that we can see a picture of it on your hand?

A 3.5 diamond is a large diamond and I'm sure it looks significant on your regardless of your ring size. Would love to see your new stone!
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
DS- I will post a few hand shots of my hand. I'm a little embarrassed since my hands look so old.

I also will send an image of a mock up trilogy that is to proportion. It does take a stretch of imagination.

Today I got a really good understanding of how big the ring will look once it is halo'd. I couldn't take pictures.
I didn't like the quality of stones so I couldn't ask to take picture knowing I wouldn't buy from them. It was high end store but I've seen much better melee and workmanship elsewhere.

I have no problem wearing a ring up to 4-5ct finger coverage. In fact we decided I could easily use 2pt melee for halo and 2pt for split halo shank. I could even see 3pt on shank. We were able to find a mounting large enough to plop a 4ct in and I was totally fine with the size. In fact thought it was perfect for my hand.

They also had a trilogy. This one is a bit more tricky since the side stones will have to be smaller than I'd like to see. Truth be told the other split shank design made my diamond really pop! I could easily adapt that design to a triple split shank too if I decide to go that route.

I'll send image over soon.

Thanks for suggesting that and sticking with me! Only PS'rs understand the details we're interested in when making our choices.

Best
MrsT
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
telephone89|1458678780|4009533 said:
I colour is still PLENTY white for a halo IMO! I think it would look great if that's what you choose.
I agree! A good vendor knows to how to set an I in a halo correctly (using melee of a similar color for example).
 

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
218
I'm posting some hand shots.
One of my new stone and another with my primitive mock-up of the ring I think I want.

That said, the scaled down split shank allows my stone to become center stage but then I feel I would need a wedding band to complete the look and cover my finger more.. A triple shank is appealing to me also and then I don't need another band.

But, there was no doubt that the asscher in the inspiration ring I saw in person was center stage. It looked so amazing in the store and so unique. I need to get some details on the size of that so I plan to go back next week to see it.

I've been talking with VC's assistant and they suggested half moon side stones. I like the step cuts used on the famous sapphire VC made. Those are nice accents. That design works so well due to the shape of the sapphire being elongated. A cushion shape is more square and more difficult to achieve those proportions.

The more I think about it the more I feel this is going to be difficult to create.

Obviously I'm not a hand model! :D

step_cut_sides.jpeg

hand_shot_of_3.jpg

mock_up.jpg
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top